Einstein Bros Bagels

Einstein Bros Bagels Employer Reviews

okay
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee), Coppell, TXNovember 29, 2014
okay pay but so unorganized no communication but the people love there bagels
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Miami, FLNovember 26, 2014
I love dealing with people and we get alot of traffic through our store, we do get very busy sometimes so you do have to work extra fast sometimes.The management here is great, thery all no what their doing to make this company run smoothly, great place to work and especially a great starting position
Just a job for high school or college kids
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, CONovember 8, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: hours, pay
It can be a fun place to work but if you're not a morning person this job is not for you.
Showing excellent customer service to customers (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 28, 2014
good place to work, friendly, good hours, great opportunity,good pay, great management
very fun high energy place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLOctober 1, 2014
Pros: get off early
Cons: weekends are a must
my days were full of smiling faces and happy customers.
I learned you cant make everyone happy. Also how to have very strong mathematical skills. Not to mention, how to move quickly and efficiently.
I loved my managers they were fair and treated employees with respect.
The hardest part was learning it was fast food and not everyone expects to have great service so you cannot make everyone's day no matter how hard you try.
I was happiest when my regulars would tell me that i could save a life with my personality and the way i speak to people. I wouldn't only make their day but they would make mine.
Great hospitality experience, first job
Cashier (Former Employee), Plantation, FLSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: free food, great manager, friendly customers, great location
Cons: n/a
A typical day at work would consist of cashing customers out with their orders, making drinks for the customers, keeping the front of house properly cleaned and maintained, and taking orders for customers to keep the lines organized. I learned a lot about the food industry and how to deal with customers in the hospitality industry. My management and coworkers worked together to maintain an organized business. The hardest part of the job was the fast paced environment, which I adapted to in the long run. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the regular customers, and learning how to become organized in the work environment.
Over-all I cannot reccomend this company to any job seeker.
Cashier/Shift Leader (Former Employee), Grand Junction, COSeptember 11, 2014
I would not give Einstein Bagels a very good review for a place to work. Employees are not respected and it seems no matter what you do its never good enough for management or the owners. Favoritism is common place there, and they never give raises. Training and communication is poor between employees and management. I definitely would not recommend them if you are seeking a job. They do not value their employees and do not do a good job encouraging team work. That is the hardest part of the job. Getting enough hours to survive is nearly impossible especially when you first start there. The best part of the job was helping the customers and making espresso drinks, but its difficult to enjoy the job, because your every move is scrutinized and criticized. Most of my co-workers where awesome to work with, but I am relieved that I don't work there any longer. The working environment is negative and has very little redeeming qualities.
Stressful long hours
Store Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 27, 2014
Pros: motivation to do something better with your life
Cons: long breaks less than part-time hours but wants you to give 110%
Very early mornings, have to fully commit yourself. no Work/life balance. In the interview they force us to detail annual raises and advancement opportunities but they will tell you they don't give raises on yearly basis. They pay is not competitive the market. But the customers make you feel like family and the quality of the product changes a lot
Bitter Sweet Work Place
Team Member (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 27, 2014
Pros: half off all food, free drinks & coffee all day, coworkers are pretty cool, & sweet customers
Cons: a couple of lazy managers, inconsistent work schedule, & disrespectful spoiled customers
A typical day at work, unless you get there early just to chill & get you something to eat before work, you're hopping right into work as soon as you get there.
I learned how to multitask more than I thought i already could. Unless you're a Baker, your job description they tell you when you get hired goes right out the window. You're needed wherever needed.
There are like 5 to 7 managers at the location I'm at. I'm not exactly sure why though. Everybody's typically good managers, but after working three jobs before this one & seing how other managers work, I have no problem calling out a couple of the Einstein managers as very lazy. I applaud my managers who do get up & help out but still make sure they push us to want to get our own routine going to get our job done on time so we don't need their help. Me & my coworkers who close the store at this particular store really rely on one another when we do so. We immediately go see ahead of time before it's too late to know who has the most piled on them, & who will be done earliest & have time to come give whoever will be backed up a boost.
That has to be the most enjoyable part of working here, my coworkers. We all help each other out no problem. Yeah if you can knock it out on your own go for it, but if you need help we demand you ask for it. It's like having your own little family for 6 hours out the day.
Now the work we do here isn't hard at all. Anybody hired is perfectly capable of doing anything thrown at them.
It's the customers who determine how your day goes. Some customers come in smiling, order, eat, come back & thank – more... you. Even when you mess up their order sometimes like forgot to take out the onions, they still don't mind they just come back & let you know, you apologize & fix it, & they thank you again with the same smile. Then you have the customers who think they are entitled to everything, or con artist, or just overall difficult.
The main one problem I really didn't like is that there is no consistency at this place. You're schedule is always changing. One week you're closing the whole week, then the next two weeks you're working like 4 doubles & you're still only off friday. Also you have to take a lunch break if you work more than 5 hours. So I'm working only 5 hours a day instead of 6 or 7 so i can't take one, & so they make sure I still have a lot of hours I'm only off once a week. Where I'm from you don't get a lunch break if you work less than 8 hours, so they're wasting their time doing all that with me. – less
Great Teamwork
Crew Member (Former Employee), Lakewood, COApril 10, 2014
I enjoyed my time working for this company. Management made me feel valued and worked with my schedule well. My coworkers and I all got along great together and enjoyed a happy and productive workplace.
Great Employees with a great employer
Student Supervisor (Former Employee), Orlando, FloridaJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: free bagel before shift and great employees
I was a student supervisor, and my daily duties were to delegate work to co-workers and to prepare food for the following day. I did inventory, made sure temperatures were correct, supervised the registers/ sandwich line, and made deposits into the safe.
I learned how to be a better manager. The most enjoyable part of the job and the hardest was not committing food waste. I'm a conservative person when it comes to wasting food product. I like to cook and prepare food for the following day, but it was my job to provide enough product to last the entire day while not over-prepping to cut down on food costs.
A fun place to work. However...
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Akron, OHNovember 25, 2013
Pros: coffee
Cons: little compensation for the work that was done
teenagers that dont care about anything was frustrating. Being a shift leader there was fun at times. but there was little communication between alot of employees
Fun at times. Usually quite hectic.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), VariousNovember 21, 2013
Pros: early closes. meal discounts. sometimes alot of fun.
Cons: no raises for years. open 365 days a year. too much restructuring.
Work is pretty easy and most times things are going smoothly. When things get hectic, though, watch out. It all goes to hell in a hurry and it gets ugly. Not a good job for those easily flustered.
Good place to work/ Not reliable on single job income
Crew Member (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXNovember 16, 2013
Pros: good people hired, team oriented and social building
Cons: half priced lunches, unpaid breaks, below average management
As I have enjoyed my time at Einstein's Bagel's these past few months they're are definitely up and downs that impact the business.

Pros of working here are great clientele come and purchase from the store, Your co-workers are team oriented and communicate well with one another. The hardest part of the job is finding your groove and pushing through the busiest times of the day. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people everyday and some even returning and slowly building a relationship with some customers.

The main Cons of this job is management. At my location, Management isn't that great, not team oriented but instead more power hungry and conceited. The management team at my store have low scores and cannot conduct the smallest duties such as filling out orders, stocking and back stocking, or working with team members equally. In my experience, the management team will overhaul their hours and that of their favorite workers while other workers, who do their job just as well as another gets decreased hours to accommodate their friends. Many of the employees at the store are forced to get second jobs and cannot rely on a solid schedule or paycheck at the store.
it was a rough work inviroment I ran the one downtown on 16th and California. Cater orders were growing extremely fast c
General Manager (Former Employee), Denver, CONovember 15, 2013
Pros: get out of work at 3 p.m. benefits
Cons: work to early and no quality to life.
the pace was fast and the company was changing constantly. we raised sales in the cater dept by 65% . and we delt with Conventions on a regular basis. I worked for 10 years waking up every day at 3 or 4 A.M. it took its toll. I wanted to try something new.
Productive and fun interesting place to work
Internship student (Current Employee), Akron,OhioOctober 30, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
Co-workers are nice and friendly
A typical day at work is like riding a bicycle
Very Productive and stable business
Cashier (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 1, 2013
A typical day for me at Einstein would be getting ready for a busy day. I usually worked morning shifts and that's when things get a bit busy. What I have learned while working, is no matter what, the job has to get done whether its one or two people working. Team work is a must in order to get things accomplished in a well manner. My co- workers were great, no one was lazy and we helped one another if we knew the other was struggling. The hardest part of the job was baking because your bagels has to be perfect. No one wants to buy burnt bagels. My enjoyable moments were working with everyone to be a successful business.
A struggling employee but willing to succeed on my own
SANDWICH MAKER (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 4, 2013
Pros: discount lunch
Einstein Bros Bagels, I was not there for a great amount of time due to having another job. During the time that I was there it was very unorganized. I did not receive the proper training. The hard part was keeping up with the different sandwiches and not knowing how to make them due to lack of training that I receive. The enjoyable part was getting to know the few customers that I was seeing on a every day basis when I was there. I did not give up though, I asked questions along the way. I understood this company did not have many employees at the time and were going through a tough situation of trying to rebuild their team. I stuck through it til it was time to go back to college.
Bake shop
Cashier/Order Taker (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 27, 2013
A typical day there was only focusing on one thing and that was the production of a specific cake. I was put in charge of icing all different kinds of 8" cakes from fudge to coconut. As i continued to work on the cakes I learned how to be faster and making sure that every inch of the cake was iced to perfection. Management had its ups and downs where they would favor those the worked with longer and hang out woth outside of work as for those they didn't associate with outside of work, got treated a little differently. Co-workers a of little to no help and only wanted to make sure that there tasks were done so they could leave early.
A good first job, was a good eye-opener.
Cashier (Former Employee), Westminster, COAugust 18, 2013
Pros: free coffee
Cons: only could work weekends.
A typical day would require me getting up at 5:30am to make my shift at 6.I would make sure the dining area is cleaned for the day while I would prepare the coffee and make sure it was ready for the day. From here to customers would slowly begin to flow in. The lunch rush was always worse than the breakfast rush. This however made the earlier shifts that much better so you'd only have to deal with half of the lunch rush. Once my shift came an end I had to clean around the dining area.