Einstein Bros.® Bagels

Einstein Bros.® Bagels Employee Reviews

Could be a great place to work.
Catering Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Shorewood Hills, WIJanuary 9, 2017
I started working the company in 2013. I had left due to personal reasons and in the past year or so decided to give another go round. I do enjoy working this company. I love all the friendships I have made with the employees and the customers. The management is very flexible with hours. Is also understanding of personal life issues that may arise. The hardest part I would say about this job is, if you can't multitask the job isn't for you. There is a lot going on at all times. That is also what is great about the job. There is always something to do. If its from cashiering to making bagels or making a specialty coffee drink. There is always room for improvement. The one thing I have learned from working here is patience and time management.
Productive Place and Great Management
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Mercer Island, WAJanuary 6, 2017
They were great to work for!! The manager was amazing and knew how to handle tough situations with costumers and employees. The hardest part of the job was the costumers, a lot of them were very pretentious and very rude.
Very fun place to work great hours
General Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasJanuary 6, 2017
I have enjoyed my time with Einstein's. The hours are great, the job can be very fulfilling. The company under our new CEO has made this a job where you definitely feel important.
Pros
Free lunch, hours
Cons
All employees dont recieve benefits
An easy job for the pay provided
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 6, 2017
There is no single part of the job that can be considered difficult. At most you can find a lot to do in little time, but nothing past that will get you down. If you can handle the odd hours then this is the job for you.
Fun job
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 6, 2017
Amazing co-workers and customers. This job taught me how to work in a fast pace environment and make sandwiches while doing so. Only wish i would get a decent amount of hours each week.
Good workplace enviroment
Baker, Shift Manager, Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 3, 2017
This is a fast paced work environment that enabled me to gain skills and experience in management and leadership roles. It is a job that requires you to be on your feet for 8-10 hours a day which is physically demanding. I enjoyed the staff and customers I worked with and helped.
Nice enviroment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJanuary 1, 2017
A typical day was opening and preparing all of the food to be served thru out the day. I learned very good customer service and handle problems were everyone was satisfied. Hardest part was calming upset customers. the most enjoyable was the team...
shift manager
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 30, 2016
I love working here. Watch out for getting fat eating the bagels! Other than that I had a really fun time helping the customers every morning and received great tips
Its alright
Baker (Current Employee) –  Loveland, CODecember 20, 2016
Works with a school schedule but cuts hours. Fast paced and has a chance to cross train to other positions. Takes inexperienced people
my time at einsteins.
Baker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 19, 2016
a typical day working at Einsteins was difficult due to a hostile environment and lack of communication between employees and management. with that sat aside it was a good opportunity to learn new things and meet really nice people.
Pros
nice customers, free coffee, and good location
Cons
odd hours, and break times.
Einstein Bros Bagels
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Farragut, TN 37934December 15, 2016
The relaxed atmosphere was my favorite thing about working at Einstein Brothers Bagels. I enjoyed working mornings so that I had the rest of my day open to get other things done.
Pros
Yummy food, Nice people, Good hours
Cons
Low pay
Extremely hard to execute daily functions
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield Township, MIDecember 13, 2016
The manager filled in the execution gaps. To meet all budget guidelines the manager worked all positions daily and while building sales and enforcing company culture
Typical Food Service Job
Cashier/Line Worker/Store Closer (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, CODecember 6, 2016
Typical Food Service Job, Due to the location customers were harsh about food quality, needs better on the job training being thrust in the middle of a breakfast rush is not a strong way to learn a P.O.S. system.
Pros
Discounted Food, Free Toss outs.
Cons
High turnover rate
Great food, happy environment
Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 3, 2016
Customers are great, Learned the prep and product
Management was always stressed
Co-workers were great
Keeping up with many customers, very busy made a long day
Customers were mainly great to be of service to
love working for this company had fun and learned alot
Barista and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 30, 2016
always busy learned how to bake,bagels,assorted,cookies,management were great,co-workers were great to work with,the hardest part of the job was nothing ,in enjoyed every thing
General Manager (Current Employee) –  FLNovember 23, 2016
The culture is to create fear in order to achieve goals. There is little to no training and development and no support from the corporate office. Advancement is non-existent and the corporate office has high turn over so you never know who to contact.
Pros
early hours
Cons
Benefits, Upper Management has no clue
not a place to work
Shift Leader/Manager (Former Employee) –  dallas texasNovember 17, 2016
working with this company is great because you get to meet new people .and wounderful customers you can learn a lot working with this company
Never-ending rush taught tremendous multi-tasking
Customer Service Representative, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 16, 2016
A typical work day at Einstein Bagel's seldom consisted of any meltdowns and frustrated customers, but normally brought happy, understanding and appreciative guests who understood just how busy we were. I learned a lot about customer service and how to manage my time wisely. Most days, my 8- to 9-hour shifts would flash by in a breeze, but sometimes given the amount of people coming through our store, we wouldn't receive our lunch breaks until 7 hours in to the day. Management could've been better, but overall the store ran smoothly... If you were looking from the outside, in. The hardest part of my job was dealing with customers that wanted nothing more than to make everyone else's day miserable, but we as a team got through it as best we could. The most enjoyable part of my job was watching everything run smoothly, with no extra hiccups to slow us down. My co-workers could be a pain, but overall they got the job done and we pulled through strong.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Low pay
Sandwich Maker/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MINovember 8, 2016
worked 7 days a week with low pay and still not getting enough money to pay the bills
worked hard and not getting enough raised
Would not reccomend
Shift Manager/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 7, 2016
They have no balance between life and work. Employees constantly call in and there are no promotions. If your family comes first do not work here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Einstein Bros.® Bagels. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8