Einstein Healthcare Network

Einstein Healthcare Network Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 8, 2017
Einstein Health care Philadelphia division has to be by far the worst plcae to work. Mangament does not respect their staff. Not to mention working with short staff issues.
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
Short breaks, low pay
Terrible hospital to work at.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 23, 2016
I work at Einstein through an agency. Most of the nurses and pca's that work at Einstein are miserable and rude. If you have personal issues at home,that's where you should leave your attitude,at home!! I really believe that they will hire anyone here. The good thing is that my friend who is exactly employed there said that they went up on their pay.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Lack of professionalism/ needs remodeling
Toxic environment!
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 8, 2016
Many doctors are rude and inexperience, who order unescessary labs, unhelpful meds and inappropriate tests that do more harm than good for patients. Unsafe nursing to patient ratio. Most nurses are burned out with heavy workload and expectation from managers. Old nurses are eating the youngs, do not teach but bully them. Not a learning experience, not a place for personal growth.
Pros
Easy interview, easy to get in
Cons
Old, dirty environment; poor health care plan; slow computer system.
Great JOB
Rehabilitation Aide (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 3, 2016
Long Days, Great Patient, Love going to work worth It to see them improve Assists the rehabilitation staff by preparing patients and equipment for physical therapy and
treatments.And the cleaning and storing of equipment.
Pros
Cons
Good Pay
Einstein good. Willowcrest no.
LPN (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 16, 2016
Einstein is good place to work and we like being part of hospital. Willowcrest is very hard to work at, administrator is mean and abusive to the workers and patients. Once she leaves it will be good again. We can't wait.
Great learning environment
Rehabilitation Aide (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 15, 2016
Working at Einstein has been great in preparing me for my future career as a therapist. Great therapists, that enjoy answering questions, and be a mentor. Great nursing staff, that are responsive and pleasant. Wonderful opportunity to work with patients with various diagnoses.
Enjoy our patients and my co-workers.
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 14, 2016
On any given day we performed a non-invasive heart therapy on 15-25 patients. My coworkers are very hardworking and conscientious, overall we get along well with each other. Our patients are our priority and we work hard to improve their quality of life. Getting patients to understand the importance of eating healthy, taking medications as prescribed, exercising & keeping medical appointments is probably the hardest part of my job.

This has been one of my best jobs in terms of seeing improvement in the patients health, both physical and psychological. We have developed long term relationships with our patients, as many of our patients have been coming to us every year for EECP treatments for 10 plus years.

The hardest part of my job has been having to tell our patients that our practice is closing and they will no longer be able to receive EECP therapy. Management has decided not to continue with the service.

I have been very fortunate to have a position that enabled me to
improve the quality of life in the many patients I have treated over the years.
Have great co-workers to get me through the work day.
Radiology Scheduling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 29, 2016
My typical day at work would be a very high call volume, answering call from patients who want to schedule various radiology appointments. I have learned hoe to treat everyone fairly and be extremeky thorough when it comes to making sure all info for the patient is correct. My supervisor is very fair and accepts that our job is sometimes difficult. I like the fact that she is always available and does not micromanage. My co -workers are pretty awesom. We all help each other and get the job done. The hardest part of the job is trying to follow protocol but keep the call volume down. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to complete the task at hand without having any issues.
benefits
Cons
short breaks, have to pay for vacations with your own PTO time, protocol changes in every modality
Former employee
PCA (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 27, 2016
Always cancelled. How can you work somewhere for a long time and make no money because they cancel you more than you work even the staffers get cancelled. What's the point of signing up for extra shifts or your own required shifts if your just going to cut. Time to move on.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Lack of time
great hospital, great patients
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 13, 2016
great reputation, located near the city, each day at work is different, surrounded by a lot of public transportation too!
This place needs to bee revamped. we need a raise or better pay
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 18, 2016
If the upper class could do the work i do i think we would be better compensated. how can you make me write more about this company when you never see change for the best . any change has anegative affect on this end of the spectrum.
Pros
steady work
Cons
you feel like your just a number . working for just getting by money.
Very produtive and very knowedgeable when dealing with rehab medicine
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  60 East Township line Road Elkin Park PA 19027May 17, 2016
My experience at Moss Rehab Einstein Heaithcare Network was a positive and warmth culture.One of my greatest experience was the opportunity to enact with patient and visitor while they were recieving their
therapy.
Awesome Launching Pad
Associate Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 9, 2016
This company has the potential for greatness once it works out a few kinks in management and customer interactions.

There is potential for growth, but management should make it readily available to internal candidates as opposed to going outside.
Pros
Excellent care providers, employee sales, and ability to be treated in-network
Cons
the availability of outside care
Toxic Environment
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 4, 2016
Overall completely toxic environment. Administration has unrealistic expectations of all departments. Everyone is under so much pressure to do the impossible with the resources given. Few are held accountable and there is no support from management or HR.
Cons
No appreciation, negative energy
Pharmacists are great
Hospital Pharmacy Practice Extern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 4, 2016
The pharmacy department is excellent and really enjoy mentoring and teaching the students. Great place to train.Very well-rounded experience.
My review on Einstein Medical Center Philadelphia
Full Time Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 27, 2016
I loved my job as a pharmacy technician, and had it for almost a year, but due to unfair management I was fired. Pretty fast pace, and can learn a lot of the pharmacy field due to training in different pharmacy satellites. The hardest part of the day would have to be the morning cart exchange.
Great staff
LGPN ( Licensed graduate practical nurse) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 30, 2015
I loved working with the nursing staff at Einstein. My co-workers were helpful and caring on and off the job. I learned so much working with these people and the skills I acquired I will be able to take with me any where I go.
Pros
Great inservice program, tutition reimbursement
Rewarding, challenging and fast-paced environment
Attending Neonatologist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 2, 2015
I practice neonatal-perinatal medicine in a Level III perinatal center. Einstein Medical Center is an academic, community medical center with approximately 3,000 deliveries per year. We care for a diverse, high-risk population. The highlight of my position is working alongside and mentoring pediatric residents. The most difficult aspect of the job is the challenges and barriers faced by the parents of our neonatal patients.
Good People to work with
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  JenkintownSeptember 8, 2015
I left working for the Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia to Work for Enstein Pediatrics because it offered more of what I was looking for as far as Clinical work. I get to do Venipuncture, Vaccines, etc. And at CHOP I didn't get to use my skills.
The worst job I've ever had
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 3, 2015
Constant layoffs, horrible management who have been grandfathered in regardless of qualifications. Seniority trumps everything. If you happen to get a good manager/department thank your lucky stars. The pay is the lowest anywhere in a hospital setting. Each person does the work of at least two people (except for management of course). Labor laws mean nothing.
Pros
Parking is reasonable. Near public transportation.
Cons
No breaks, overworked. Lousy management and non existent human resources.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Einstein Healthcare Network. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7