Eisenhower Medical Center

Eisenhower Medical Center Employee Reviews

productive workplace
Patient Financial Specialist/Counselor (Former Employee), Rancho Mirage, CAJune 12, 2015
I loved working for EMC!!! They are very fair with their employees and offer great benefits. I would love to work for them again.
Was very happy with this employment.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Rancho Mirage, CAMay 21, 2015
Pros: The whole work environment/structure of this job was a good experience.
Cons: They went to voice recognition and no longer needed transcriptionists.
Great working environment and good people to work with. Communication amongst management and employees was good. The doctors were very easy to work with in regards to if we had questions for them or needed their input on something.
one of the finest medical centers that I have ever worked for
Physician Liaison Coordinator (Former Employee), Rancho Mirage, CAMay 18, 2015
Pros: A lot of extra seminars, healthfairs, etc. were available on a routine basis
Cons: worked many late evenings
I interacted with all of the administrative officers and physicians on a daily basis. This is a very well known hospital in Southern California and is very respected in the community. It was a pleasure to work for this fine institute. Management was outstanding and the physicians were top notch in their field.

The hardest part of the job was the responsibility of making sure the very sick patients were taken care of in an efficient manner.

The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the other employees. Also, the physicians were excellent and very receptive to my many visits to their offices.
great people to work with
Volunteer (Former Employee), Rancho Mirage, CAApril 18, 2015
Pros: meeting new people, getting to know a hospital and seeing how the nurses worked
Cons: some people were rude and ungrateful
I would go in the morning and be in the volunteer area. When we got a call from a nurse, I would go up to whichever floor and room the nurse told me and then I would discharge the patient. I really enjoyed meeting so many different patients and how they would tell me stories about what happened. I would also deliver letters and flower deliveries to patients. Seeing their faces when I came in was great to see. The hardest part of my job was when I had to deal with patients who were in there for a mental reason. It was hard to communicate with someone who was seeing hallucinations or thought I was someone else. I learned how to handle it though. My management was great. The head of the volunteers was so nice and helpful. My co-workers were great too because they have been volunteering for so long that they had a lot of helpful tips.
Not a good place to work.
Clinical Laboratory Scientist II (Former Employee), Rancho Mirage, CAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: good and well maintained hospital.
Cons: incompetent bosses, from section heads to the director.
The hospital is a great hospital only it's run by incompetent managers and directors. You need to be friends with the bosses to survive or it will be like working in just to survive the day. Too much politics in the workplace.
cardiac monitor tech
Monitor Technician (Current Employee), Rancho Mirage, CAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: nice upgraded hospital
Cons: everything is a con at that place
Not a good career move to EMC. DIRECTORS and hire ups are only out for themselves. They don't care about their employees. If your lucky and get a raise it's only about $0.10. I've been there over 2 years and have not gotten a raise not once. All EMC cares about is money. We are ALWAYS understaffed and the nurses are constantly going over ratio. Patient safety is not a #1 priority. The hospital is beautiful. But, beauty isn't going to cut it. This was the worst move I've made. Tenet hospitals are by far the best.
They short staff to save money
RN (Current Employee), rancho mirage caJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: awesome coworkers
Cons: no coverage for breaks, unfair compensation, frequent short staffing
I've worked here almost 10 years as a nurse, and I know the company pretty well. It is very top heavy, with more presidents, vice presidents and managers than one can keep track of- doesn't matter since you never see them. Our CNO and VP of nursing do not advocate for the nursing staff, they do not want to hear about any problems and just want you to keep your mouth shut and work- often short staffed and rarely with any coverage for breaks.

It is a beautiful hospital, but was not designed with nurses in mind. Long walks between rooms and medication/supply rooms, nurses station open which causes frequent interruptions from visitors when trying to get your work done.

Nurse's assistants are few and far between, and very over worked. Many work double shifts (16 hrs) multiple times a week. Nurses are asked to work extra and 24 hr shifts almost every day.

Biggest problem here is shady compensation. Employees are given a 'blended rate' which they are told is competitive to neighboring hospitals. Problem is, you are paid at your 'base rate', and then after 8 hrs given time and a half, which equals the 'blended rate'. However all sick time, vacation time, life insurance, and flex time is only paid at the 'base rate'. This means Eisenhower is stiffing you tens of thousands of dollars a year.

The only reason I've stayed this long is the people I work with. We have had to struggle without much help so often it has really brought us closer, and so many of the people I work with are like family to me.

So many of the employees have been talking about unionizing the last couple of years, but then the big wigs get wind of it and throw us a $100 gift card or a 1.5% raise and it shuts everyone up for a while.

They have a Magnet survey coming up soon and have been force feeding everyone the answers to give the surveyors, and have preselected all the staff that's working those days. Pathetic really. If we had a Magnet culture then it would be organic and not need to be forced.
Productive workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Rancho Mirage, CAJanuary 12, 2015
Managing patient charts
Data input
Informational tech
Assisting the HR and Head Administrator with office related tasks
Great Benefits
Admitting Specialist (Former Employee), Rancho Mirage, CAJanuary 7, 2015
I liked working with our team and meeting new people. Worked at EMC for a little over a year. The management was great, worked well with all types of personalities. Mostly worked at the lab in Palm Springs and registered patients and entered lab codes. Did not like my long drive from Indio to Palm Springs.
Eisenhower has overall giving me the opportunity to grow and learn.
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee), Rancho Mirage CADecember 11, 2014
Every morning when I would get in to work, I would check to see where I was assigned for the day. With this said in mind, as a technologist at Eisenhower you had variety. After your morning cup of coffee with your peers, you would venture off to your assigned area. Maybe fluro studies with the Radiologist. Or a day on portables on the floors. Maybe changing into OR scrubs to begin setting up the Carms for the cases of the day. Or assigned to work the ER department where all the trauma can be found. Over my many of years at Eisenhower, I have learned how to use many various types of equipment, for old to new. Various Pacs and Risk systems. I also had the chance to severe on a Management level as the lead technologist. This is were my Leadership skills grew under the direction of the director at the time. One of the hardest things to do was having to take corrective measures on a peer and co worker. I can always say that I loved to make the patients happy. So if there was something that I was able to do and go out of my way, than I would take that time for them.
Compensation was borderline bait and switch
Patient Admitting Specialist (Former Employee), Palm Springs, CADecember 2, 2014
At job offer a pay range for the position was quoted and I assumed one could work hard and get merit increases. Once on the job I learned merit increases weren't given (maybe in rare cases), only minimal cost of living increases (about 2%) and not every year. When I discussed it with my senior management and said shame on me for not asking more questions at job offer, he chuckled and said they wouldn't have known how to answer a question like that. Job performance evaluations were "meeting standards" across the board but I was told I was a strong performer. I assume the official "meeting standards" was so one wouldn't have a case for a merit increase. Medical benefits are skewed to pay more if you use Eisenhower. Not really fair if you have an established PCP and want to stay. I didn't want to mix my healthcare with my employer either. On the job policies were not administered consistently and it was extremely frustrating to try to work in that environment. It felt like you couldn't win. Staffing was also in adequate. Management wasn't really paying attention to what was really going on. Said they wanted input but never solicited for it even after offering some ideas. Lots of lip service but little action.
A good work environment and a good workforce culture
Manager Business Intelligence/Analytics (Former Employee), Rancho Mirage, CANovember 22, 2014
Pros: positive work place
There is opportunity for advancement and the environment makes it easy to be productive.
Excellent working place
Process Improvement Intern (Former Employee), Process ImprovementOctober 24, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
An excellent working place, people are very nice and working hard.
Great place to work and retire
Director Clinic Revenue Cycle (Current Employee), Rancho Mirage, CAOctober 13, 2014
Pros: the climate is wonderful 8 months out of the year
Cons: 4 months out of the year it is hot
This is a face paced enviroment with a lot of changes happening daily.
The changes are great and offer many opportunities.
The Leadership is on track and work well together.
I have learned to never let anything surprise me.
fun place to work.
Travel RN Position/Acute Dialysis (Former Employee), Rancho Mirage, CAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: very nice dialysis unit set up, very spacious.
Cons: i work in dialysis very hard to get a break on time, no rn releiver .
nice,clean, hospital,peaceful kind of place to work.
People are nice to work with.
This job gave a valuable experience
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Rancho Mirage, CASeptember 22, 2014
Great benefits. This job gave me a valuable experience and the opportunity to meet people who have enriched my life.
Staff RN
Staff RN (Former Employee), Rancho Mirage, CASeptember 20, 2014
I did total care of patients and interacted with MD's and families.
Very productive department, great staff to work with
Information Systems Desktop Technician (Current Employee), Rancho Mirage, CASeptember 1, 2014
Pros: great learning environment, family atmosphere
Cons: hot weather
Work hard and play hard. Great place to work, learn, and grow. Plenty of training opportunities. Caring staff that works well with each other. Also time together after hours with bowling league and fantasy football/basket ball leagues. Managers are great and are a fantastic support to our needs.
Not a good career move.
PBX operator (Current Employee), Palm Desert, CaAugust 18, 2014
Cons: not a good place to work.
I was hired as a per diem employee. When I asked H.R. what their policies were on per diem she could not tell me anything but no bennies. Asked my manager about per diem she also said no bennies. So I figured I could get my foot in the door and go from there. My co-workers took an instant disliking of me and treated me like I was an temp service hire. The manager allowed them to do a 360 eval at 90 days which I failed with each and every one of them. Their statements were ignorant and bulling. I went from 32 hours a week to 24 with absolutely no notice from management. I strongly suggest that anyone looking to work here ask a lot of questions, do not except a per diem job and if you do be prepared to deal with some of the nastiest people in the area.
Descent place to work
Computer Operator (Former Employee), Rancho Mirage, CAJuly 31, 2014
Work consisted of monitoring computer systems; troubleshooting computer issues with users. I learned many different computer applications. Management, very disappointing. The hardest part of the job was dealing with computer issues that were unknown; having to call upper management and vendores to deal with computer issues. The most enjoyable was the users; meeting them and building relationships.

1 2 3 4

About Eisenhower Medical Center

The Eisenhower Medical Center is perhaps less known by its presidential name than by the name of a first lady: The┬ánot-for-profit – Read more

Eisenhower Medical Center Salaries