Eisenhower Medical Center

Eisenhower Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Hospital
Patient Admitting Specialist Per Diem (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAMay 6, 2016
Ensure all patients have a satisfying registration experience. Maintain accountability with all inpatients and check into hospital. Provide choices, counseling and options and assist the patients with making healthcare decisions. Ensure accurate registration of patient records. Enter in all lab and personal diagnosis for each patient coming and going into the hospital. Checking in and out surgery patients and collecting co-pays and deductibles as well as engaging in private information such as wills. Verified insurance eligibility benefits on each and every patient for x-rays, EKGs and lab orders. Responsible for financial aspects for each patient at time of service.
Don't walk away from this place, run as fast as you can!
inmate (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CANovember 7, 2015
Extremely punitive environment. Medical director makes sure everyone knows she is in charge and that if you don't agree with her, you won't have a job in the morning. Management is absolutely clueless about how to run the department. Equipment is old. Staff is in complete fear that at any moment they will be out of a job because the medical director is vindictive if you challenge anything that she says. Benefits are a joke. You are nothing more than a number in this organization. Management is untrusting and incapable of understanding what goes on in the department because they have no idea what anyone's job in the department truly is. Zero direction from management. If you don't agree with medical director, you are told that she is a doctor and that her husband is on the board of the hospital. I have never seen a more "knee jerk reaction" form of management in my life. Place is incapable of improving because management has not a clue of what they are doing there. Absolutely the worst place to be. No quality of life at all. If you are salary, you are expected to work 60 hours a week. Don't consider this place at all. Run far and fast from this poor organization. There is a reason that the patients have chosen to get treatment at the other facilities in town.
Pros
Cons
clueless management; vindictive style of management; punitive environment
Eisenhower is a joke
CPT/PCT (Current Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CANovember 4, 2015
This hospital should not be anywhere near magnet recognized. The CNO make a very tedious and horrible working conditions as well as environment. making cna's get a cpt license and hurting patients. specimens being mislabeled or tampered with. For the most part RN's are lazy and the CNO and Directors feel that everyone but the nurses should pick up the slack and not properly paying the CNA's, CPT's, or better yet the people with the dual role. out of the whole valley Eisenhower is the lowest paying spectrum and only pays minimum and enforces to have multiple job roles with low pay.
Pros
oppurtunity to make overtime.
Cons
pays bare minimum and have multiple job roles.
Not quite what you think...
Not willing to share (Current Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAOctober 3, 2015
There is a lot of harassment issues and bullying here from management and staff. Workloads are good but if you don't choose to follow the norm, you will be singled out.
Pros
Low work loads, elite patient care
Cons
Pressure to follow their norm, lack of change
eisenhowermedical center
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAOctober 2, 2015
nice got along with every surgeon very helpul and staff learning skills different systems great management co workers were always there for you and aiways stayed if i had to because its not a good time to be relieved or go home
Pros
reps
Cons
surgeon
good place to work
Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (Current Employee) –  CASeptember 30, 2015
Good place to work, very skilled professionals. Great hospital and great doctors.
Very busy hospital. I learned a lot.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to be able to help people everyday.
Pros
lots of praise
Cons
not enough staff
Amazing environment
Volunteer, Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CASeptember 30, 2015
I am proud to be part of this huge big family. Great organization, amazing people. Everybody is trying to help you. Co-workers are very nice. Hope one day i would work here.
Great place to grow and develop
Admitting (Current Employee) –  rancho mirage caSeptember 10, 2015
One of the top and most beautiful hospitals. Staff is pleasant and always willing to work with your schedule so you can attend school.
Pros
tuition reimbursement
Cons
hours vary
Prestigious place to work.
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CaSeptember 9, 2015
Fast paced work environment, with a great reputation locally and abroad. Very prestigious place to work, with a high volume of VIP's (ex presidents, Hollywood stars, big wigs from large corporations, Delegates etc.) Due to its non-profit status and VIP clientele, large donations kept this Hospital and it's affiliates well staffed and equipped with the latest greatest equipment. On the leading edge of innovation.
Pros
Newest equipment and leading edge of technology.
Productive and fun place to work.
Patient Intake Specialists (Current Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAAugust 13, 2015
I enjoy working for EMC. Everyone is very nice and it is a great company to work for. Helping patient's feel at ease and confident that they are getting the best health care possible.
Clerical Job
Prep Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAAugust 12, 2015
I was a prep Specialist in the Patient Financial Office. Collected, Sorted, Organized and distributed all paper work to billers.
Pros
Excellent Work Environment
Cons
Temporary Job
Very supportive
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAJuly 24, 2015
This hospital is very supportive of staff and is very focused on the care of the patients. The facility is very clean and up to date.
Productive good place
Housekeeper/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rancho MirageJuly 16, 2015
Good palce to work, High Labor communion. Great hospital, staffing is great, good pay, good benefits. I enjoy working at eisenhower medical center.
Productive and fun work place with great potiental
Patient Admitting Specialist (Current Employee) –  La Quinta, CAJune 19, 2015
Fun place to learn the basics about any medical field. Great foundation to help grow in a fast pace growing environment. Leadership skills were obatined and taught. Great working environment!
Pros
Learning of the basic information to help frow in the healthcare industry
productive workplace
Patient Financial Specialist/Counselor (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAJune 12, 2015
I loved working for EMC!!! They are very fair with their employees and offer great benefits. I would love to work for them again.
Was very happy with this employment.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAMay 21, 2015
Great working environment and good people to work with. Communication amongst management and employees was good. The doctors were very easy to work with in regards to if we had questions for them or needed their input on something.
Pros
The whole work environment/structure of this job was a good experience.
Cons
They went to voice recognition and no longer needed transcriptionists.
one of the finest medical centers that I have ever worked for
Physician Liaison Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAMay 18, 2015
I interacted with all of the administrative officers and physicians on a daily basis. This is a very well known hospital in Southern California and is very respected in the community. It was a pleasure to work for this fine institute. Management was outstanding and the physicians were top notch in their field.

The hardest part of the job was the responsibility of making sure the very sick patients were taken care of in an efficient manner.

The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the other employees. Also, the physicians were excellent and very receptive to my many visits to their offices.
Pros
A lot of extra seminars, healthfairs, etc. were available on a routine basis
Cons
worked many late evenings
great people to work with
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAApril 18, 2015
I would go in the morning and be in the volunteer area. When we got a call from a nurse, I would go up to whichever floor and room the nurse told me and then I would discharge the patient. I really enjoyed meeting so many different patients and how they would tell me stories about what happened. I would also deliver letters and flower deliveries to patients. Seeing their faces when I came in was great to see. The hardest part of my job was when I had to deal with patients who were in there for a mental reason. It was hard to communicate with someone who was seeing hallucinations or thought I was someone else. I learned how to handle it though. My management was great. The head of the volunteers was so nice and helpful. My co-workers were great too because they have been volunteering for so long that they had a lot of helpful tips.
Pros
meeting new people, getting to know a hospital and seeing how the nurses worked
Cons
some people were rude and ungrateful
Not a good place to work.
Clinical Laboratory Scientist II (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAMarch 12, 2015
The hospital is a great hospital only it's run by incompetent managers and directors. You need to be friends with the bosses to survive or it will be like working in just to survive the day. Too much politics in the workplace.
Pros
good and well maintained hospital.
Cons
incompetent bosses, from section heads to the director.
cardiac monitor tech
Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAFebruary 9, 2015
Not a good career move to EMC. DIRECTORS and hire ups are only out for themselves. They don't care about their employees. If your lucky and get a raise it's only about $0.10. I've been there over 2 years and have not gotten a raise not once. All EMC cares about is money. We are ALWAYS understaffed and the nurses are constantly going over ratio. Patient safety is not a #1 priority. The hospital is beautiful. But, beauty isn't going to cut it. This was the worst move I've made. Tenet hospitals are by far the best.
Pros
nice upgraded hospital
Cons
everything is a con at that place