Eisenhower Medical Center

Eisenhower Medical Center Employee Reviews

cardiac monitor tech
Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAFebruary 9, 2015
Not a good career move to EMC. DIRECTORS and hire ups are only out for themselves. They don't care about their employees. If your lucky and get a raise it's only about $0.10. I've been there over 2 years and have not gotten a raise not once. All EMC cares about is money. We are ALWAYS understaffed and the nurses are constantly going over ratio. Patient safety is not a #1 priority. The hospital is beautiful. But, beauty isn't going to cut it. This was the worst move I've made. Tenet hospitals are by far the best.
Pros
nice upgraded hospital
Cons
everything is a con at that place
They short staff to save money
RN (Current Employee) –  rancho mirage caJanuary 14, 2015
I've worked here almost 10 years as a nurse, and I know the company pretty well. It is very top heavy, with more presidents, vice presidents and managers than one can keep track of- doesn't matter since you never see them. Our CNO and VP of nursing do not advocate for the nursing staff, they do not want to hear about any problems and just want you to keep your mouth shut and work- often short staffed and rarely with any coverage for breaks.

It is a beautiful hospital, but was not designed with nurses in mind. Long walks between rooms and medication/supply rooms, nurses station open which causes frequent interruptions from visitors when trying to get your work done.

Nurse's assistants are few and far between, and very over worked. Many work double shifts (16 hrs) multiple times a week. Nurses are asked to work extra and 24 hr shifts almost every day.

Biggest problem here is shady compensation. Employees are given a 'blended rate' which they are told is competitive to neighboring hospitals. Problem is, you are paid at your 'base rate', and then after 8 hrs given time and a half, which equals the 'blended rate'. However all sick time, vacation time, life insurance, and flex time is only paid at the 'base rate'. This means Eisenhower is stiffing you tens of thousands of dollars a year.

The only reason I've stayed this long is the people I work with. We have had to struggle without much help so often it has really brought us closer, and so many of the people I work with are like family to me.

So many of the employees have been talking about unionizing the last couple of years,
  more... but then the big wigs get wind of it and throw us a $100 gift card or a 1.5% raise and it shuts everyone up for a while.

They have a Magnet survey coming up soon and have been force feeding everyone the answers to give the surveyors, and have preselected all the staff that's working those days. Pathetic really. If we had a Magnet culture then it would be organic and not need to be forced.
Pros
awesome coworkers
Cons
no coverage for breaks, unfair compensation, frequent short staffing
Productive workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAJanuary 12, 2015
Managing patient charts
Data input
Informational tech
Assisting the HR and Head Administrator with office related tasks
Great Benefits
Admitting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAJanuary 7, 2015
I liked working with our team and meeting new people. Worked at EMC for a little over a year. The management was great, worked well with all types of personalities. Mostly worked at the lab in Palm Springs and registered patients and entered lab codes. Did not like my long drive from Indio to Palm Springs.
Eisenhower has overall giving me the opportunity to grow and learn.
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage CADecember 11, 2014
Every morning when I would get in to work, I would check to see where I was assigned for the day. With this said in mind, as a technologist at Eisenhower you had variety. After your morning cup of coffee with your peers, you would venture off to your assigned area. Maybe fluro studies with the Radiologist. Or a day on portables on the floors. Maybe changing into OR scrubs to begin setting up the Carms for the cases of the day. Or assigned to work the ER department where all the trauma can be found. Over my many of years at Eisenhower, I have learned how to use many various types of equipment, for old to new. Various Pacs and Risk systems. I also had the chance to severe on a Management level as the lead technologist. This is were my Leadership skills grew under the direction of the director at the time. One of the hardest things to do was having to take corrective measures on a peer and co worker. I can always say that I loved to make the patients happy. So if there was something that I was able to do and go out of my way, than I would take that time for them.
Compensation was borderline bait and switch
Patient Admitting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CADecember 2, 2014
At job offer a pay range for the position was quoted and I assumed one could work hard and get merit increases. Once on the job I learned merit increases weren't given (maybe in rare cases), only minimal cost of living increases (about 2%) and not every year. When I discussed it with my senior management and said shame on me for not asking more questions at job offer, he chuckled and said they wouldn't have known how to answer a question like that. Job performance evaluations were "meeting standards" across the board but I was told I was a strong performer. I assume the official "meeting standards" was so one wouldn't have a case for a merit increase. Medical benefits are skewed to pay more if you use Eisenhower. Not really fair if you have an established PCP and want to stay. I didn't want to mix my healthcare with my employer either. On the job policies were not administered consistently and it was extremely frustrating to try to work in that environment. It felt like you couldn't win. Staffing was also in adequate. Management wasn't really paying attention to what was really going on. Said they wanted input but never solicited for it even after offering some ideas. Lots of lip service but little action.
A good work environment and a good workforce culture
Manager Business Intelligence/Analytics (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CANovember 22, 2014
There is opportunity for advancement and the environment makes it easy to be productive.
Pros
positive work place
Excellent working place
Process Improvement Intern (Former Employee) –  Process ImprovementOctober 24, 2014
An excellent working place, people are very nice and working hard.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great place to work and retire
Director Clinic Revenue Cycle (Current Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAOctober 13, 2014
This is a face paced enviroment with a lot of changes happening daily.
The changes are great and offer many opportunities.
The Leadership is on track and work well together.
I have learned to never let anything surprise me.
Pros
the climate is wonderful 8 months out of the year
Cons
4 months out of the year it is hot
fun place to work.
Travel RN Position/Acute Dialysis (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAOctober 9, 2014
nice,clean, hospital,peaceful kind of place to work.
People are nice to work with.
Pros
very nice dialysis unit set up, very spacious.
Cons
i work in dialysis very hard to get a break on time, no rn releiver .
This job gave a valuable experience
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CASeptember 22, 2014
Great benefits. This job gave me a valuable experience and the opportunity to meet people who have enriched my life.
Very productive department, great staff to work with
Information Systems Desktop Technician (Current Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CASeptember 1, 2014
Work hard and play hard. Great place to work, learn, and grow. Plenty of training opportunities. Caring staff that works well with each other. Also time together after hours with bowling league and fantasy football/basket ball leagues. Managers are great and are a fantastic support to our needs.
Pros
great learning environment, family atmosphere
Cons
hot weather
Not a good career move.
PBX operator (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CaAugust 18, 2014
I was hired as a per diem employee. When I asked H.R. what their policies were on per diem she could not tell me anything but no bennies. Asked my manager about per diem she also said no bennies. So I figured I could get my foot in the door and go from there. My co-workers took an instant disliking of me and treated me like I was an temp service hire. The manager allowed them to do a 360 eval at 90 days which I failed with each and every one of them. Their statements were ignorant and bulling. I went from 32 hours a week to 24 with absolutely no notice from management. I strongly suggest that anyone looking to work here ask a lot of questions, do not except a per diem job and if you do be prepared to deal with some of the nastiest people in the area.
Cons
not a good place to work.
Descent place to work
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAJuly 31, 2014
Work consisted of monitoring computer systems; troubleshooting computer issues with users. I learned many different computer applications. Management, very disappointing. The hardest part of the job was dealing with computer issues that were unknown; having to call upper management and vendores to deal with computer issues. The most enjoyable was the users; meeting them and building relationships.
Excellent place to work possible advancement caring staff
Financial Counselor, Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage , CaliforniaJuly 12, 2014
Overall, A great place to be employed or be seen as a patient.
Staff is helpful and courteous. Most managers are helpful courteous and caring. Make you feel welcome,work with your schedule.
Pros
beautiful surroundings, incentive plans, friendly staff
Fast paced workplace excellent job
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAJuly 7, 2014
As a medical assistant I help assist doctors in pertaining vitals,injections,appointment setting. Management was a great staff and team to work for .Co-workers were great to work with an answered any questions and were open to teaching new things, The hardest part of my job was working in Oncology you begin to have much compassion for patients and their families.The best part of my job and is to know you are helping others and their families through some of the most difficult times in their lives.
Pros
helping patients
Cons
mourning the loss of a patient
Productive place to work at
Data Entry Professional -EDCC (Current Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAMay 5, 2014
Nice company to work for very hard to get hired on full time, typical 9-5 job, not much room for advancement, typical data enrty clerk positon positng insurance checks and patient payments to accounts
hospital
Monitor Technician/Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAApril 21, 2014
do I need to say more? I worked in ICU/CCU/CSU, very stressful environment, I was able to handle it fine, learned a lot of medical stuff that occurs in the hospital setting. worked with many nurses and doctors. I worked nights so it was always a struggle to get a hold of doctors. many of the nurses were rude
Wonderful and exciting work place
Patient Access Rep II (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAApril 15, 2014
The company used a temp agency but has a lot to offer employees.
Great workplace, Great people, Gained More experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAFebruary 27, 2014
I enjoyed working at Eisenhower Medical Center. I have gained more experience here along with the 13 years of experience I already have. I was working with an awesome team. Great Co- workers, managers and Doctors who enjoy helping their patients. These physicians actually spend time with their patients and are very knowledgeable.I also am proud of myself when I worked there because Doctors here actually notice my work and Complemented me on how I am a great Medical Assistant and I really appreciate working with doctors that appreciate my work as well.I looked forward in working there everyday.My job was not hard and I learned more about using the EMR system.My typical day at work greeting patients, taking vitals signs, renewing their medications assisting doctors as needed, obtaining prior authorizations as needed and referring patients for further testing and or specialists. etc...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eisenhower Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.