El Camino College Employee Reviews

Diverse community with great positive individuals.
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAFebruary 15, 2017
The Special Resource center serves the disability and special needs community. Diversity is always enjoyed here daily. Fast- paced at all times, with new, lost, returning, and curious students constantly entering the center. Phone etiquette is a must. Overcoming the urge to become frustrated is a great attribute, many students with disabilities are frustrated and only need some guidance. Interacting with deaf students is something the Special Resource Center is very proud of. American Sign Language and Spanish were of great advantage when helping students and other individuals over the phone and in-person.
Pros
free parking.
Cons
short breaks, unpaid time off, unstable schedule.
Great work environment with top of the line facilities
Kids College Instructor(Contract) (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAJanuary 19, 2017
I've been working as a contracted Kids College Instructor at El Camino College since 2008. Not only do I love my job but the Staff and Management there are great to work with.
Tutoring students and assisting professors
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJanuary 17, 2017
Assisted professors in teaching pre-college level math courses. Organized classroom activities with the
professors. Stationed in the Student Learning Center to tutor students.
Some of the students who previously struggled had a significant improvement.
Learning, and having fun doing it.
Student (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CADecember 19, 2016
Considering it's a school and I was a student, I basically chose my own schedule. I've learned many things while attending El Camino College. The staff is amazing, and the people that I have met since attending has taught me many things. I think the hardest part of being a student was time management as far as studying goes. The more classes the harder it is to manage time. One of the main factors that is very vital to passing a course and failing is your willingness to succeed, and there are people there that could help you. You only need to know where to look.

The most enjoyable part of being a student is learning new things. Not just from in class but out of it too. I've met so many people and some of them has had a huge impact in my life.
Pros
Making your own schedule
Cons
Mid-terms, Tests/Exams, Finals
fun workplace
American Sign Language Instructor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CADecember 19, 2016
Those are fun workplace, i learned lot from each co worker and work with student's need. I assisted to students who need practice with their american sign language. I really enjoy this job!
Pros
free lunch free time
Cons
no benefits
Student worker
Lab Aide (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CADecember 5, 2016
I worked on campus while i was a student. This position gave me the opportunity to help other students and stay on campus and near my classes on days that i worked and had to go to class
Pros
close to work/school
Cons
minimum wage
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAOctober 29, 2016
I meet with a lot of people and I enjoy teaching sign language. It does worth working there. They are friendly and likes to ask for help to improve their skills.
Pros
Friendly
Very productive
Library Attendant (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 13, 2016
Everyone's very friendly, and the school is work oriented and professional. Very calm and quiet place to work not very exciting so if that's what you're looking for this is not the job for you. Things were pretty easy to learn not very hard. Mostly sitting minimal standing depending on where you are in the library.
Pros
Quiet and cool, professional environment
Cons
not exciting
Great Work Environment
Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJune 21, 2016
The staff and fellow co-workers were all very helpful and encourgaing of each other. The environment was a great place to have my first job I highly recommend other students working on campus part time to gain some real life work experience and earn some money on the side of school.
The best college to learn how to weld
Welding Instructor (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 17, 2016
I currently teach at el camino the faculty members have been great its very organized. Our equipment is a bit outdated but everyone is very helpful the college has made a lot of improvements we are not the best we are definitely heading towards that direction.
Pros
Great college great people good studnets
Cons
Outdated welding equipment
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAFebruary 23, 2016
Friendly customer service oriented! Your typical day is to help students succeed. You will enjoy your day if you like to help others.
Great Place to work
project engineer (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAJanuary 14, 2016
The time spent here at Lendlease working with the EL Camino TEAM has been more than I can ever ask. Since I began my career here at Lendlease everyone has been more than welcoming and helping me learn everyday.
Pros
The TEAM
Awesome
Supplemental Instruction Coach (Current Employee) –  Compton, CADecember 22, 2015
The people are great and we all work towards the same goal, which is education. I wake in the morning and go to class like it was my own. I think what I could do for my session after class during class. This job has taught me better communication skills and patience.
Pros
Experience, Pay, Time Balance
Cons
I want more leadership roles during meetings.
Excellent Learning Experience
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CADecember 9, 2015
I would report to the Shop Teacher and usually I would cut sheet metal, and metal slabs on a band saw or using the oxy-acetylene torch for thicker pieces of metal. I learned how to work efficiently and use my time productively. She was an excellent mentor, and allowed me to face challenges I had never faced before with proper guidance. The hardest part was when she tried to teach me to weld which most students have to take classes on, and I struggled with immensely. She obviously was an expert. I found it really enjoyable when she'd give me mini projects to work on that required fabrication, for example when we moved into a new shop she asked me to fabricate a simple jig to attach a arc welder to a shop cart which was a lot of fun.
Pros
Challenging
Good place to work no benefits for students
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CANovember 27, 2015
Its way too easy of a job want something more to do. All I did was work in the locker rooms and help people. If you want something more to do I wouldnt advise working here as a work study student
Stress-filled work environment
Language Academy Instructor (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CANovember 19, 2015
Overall, I had a very negative experience while teaching at the community college. Even though I learned and gained new skills as a teacher, there is little cooperation among teachers.
Pros
Students have high expectations for success
Cons
Very little support from the college
Family Environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAAugust 26, 2015
My co-workers at El Camino became my second family. I enjoyed coming to work and working together to assist students with resources that they are in need of. The environment was comfortable, we laughed and created great memories while doing the job we love; helping others.
Productive, involved class projects and some graphic design
Personal Assistant to Professor of Fashion Design (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAAugust 1, 2015
Fun and positive atmosphere. Engaged withnstudent projects, tested grades, help design fliers and posters. Lot's of computer work with programs such as Word, Excel, and Photoshop.
Pros
Autonomy with own office
student worker
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 7, 2015
good for a different experience, felt good to help and work with my peers since they where elderly and disabled. great to have a better understanding of them.
Pros
getting to work with your peers
Cons
not long term no company growth
Safe learning environment
Student (Former Employee) –  Compton, CAJune 25, 2015
Going to school everyday was pleasant. It was a safe and comfortable atmosphere that made learning a great experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at El Camino College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2