El Camino College

El Camino College Employee Reviews

Safe learning environment
Student (Former Employee), Compton, CAJune 25, 2015
Going to school everyday was pleasant. It was a safe and comfortable atmosphere that made learning a great experience.
Very great place to work
Administrative Patient Care Coordinator II (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 6, 2015
Pros: Interacting with patients
Cons: not having the ability to learn more
LAC+USC works under the same umbrella as USC, which both employees share great things among them both. However, I believe that LAC job security are a lot better then USC
Working on campus
Customer Service (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 17, 2015
having the opportunity to work on the campus i attend school was a blessing. i was able to manage my time between work and classes and able to set my schedule the way i needed. The management was very understanding and the co-workers were people i interacted with every day.
good college
Student Worker I (Former Employee), Torrance, CAMarch 26, 2015
very good college to work for. the staff and students for very nice and respectful. I learned how the student government works, what different clubs we have on campus. overall my co-workers are the nicest, sweetest people.
Productive atmosphere
Student (Former Employee), Torrance, CAMarch 23, 2015
I enjoyed the educational experience provided by the institution. The school is very student freindly and forward thinking in regards to working in the private sector.
Good Job
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Torrance, CAMarch 21, 2015
I really liked working here. I got to help out my teacher and the students out and answered their questions. I love working on cars.
Fun work environment
Supplemental Instruction Coach (Former Employee), Torrance, CAFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: great students, make good friends, sense of accomplishment when student understands
Cons: no breaks, no healthcare, no help from management, no one to go to for help then being critiqued for it the thing you couldn't get help on
Great work environment. Terrible Management, had no concept of what coaches had to do to get students into the class room or to keep them informed. Also was in charge of a program was unable to do algebra or many other classes in which the coaches were responsible.

Co-workers were a great team but we were all caped on 25 hours and many of us worked over those hours almost ever week with no appreciation from management as well as harassment about paperwork from someone who has been doing that paperwork off and on for 2 years.
This was a very productive work place
Grill cook (Former Employee), Torrance, CAFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: lunch was free and good
Cons: the breaks depenes on the time you start work
I really liked working at I-8 Food Service it was a lot of good people there form the management and as will as my co-workers. And it was a very productive place to work
Very busy
Designer (Former Employee), Torrance, CANovember 26, 2014
It was actually El Camino's fashion, show. I participated in it my junior and senior year of high school. It was basically a student fashion show.
Fun workplace
Locker room manger (Former Employee), Torrance, CAOctober 23, 2014
Pros: reduced lunch on campus, work experience, easy to manage
Cons: sometimes the hours were very long
Worked with team mates from my sport and others.
I had a place to study better than the library.
Computer access.
El Camino College is a community college located in Torrance, CA
Admin Assist (Current Employee), Torrance, CAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: mostly pleasant people; good benefits if full-time
Cons: no benefits if part-time and can feel like part-timers are more disposable.
El Camino College is currently undergoing renovations to its physical site.; it's lovely interior grassy area will stay. It has some administrative and faculty/staff trust issues presently but they were able to come to a satisfactory conclusion concerning their recent contract negotiations. Morale can seem low at times but many strong relationships exist on the campus with the faculty and staff. The College has great benefits if you are able to secure full-time employment. They do work with many part-timers so that can be discouraging since the College has implemented a 25 hour maximum work week for all part-timers which includes both faculty and staff.
Very Productive
Library Assistant (Former Employee), Torrance, CaliforniaAugust 28, 2014
I worked two jobs at this campus; SI Coach and Library Assistant. With being a SI Coach, a typical day would consist of attending my assigned class and listen to the lecture so I can prepare an activity for the students who decide to attend my session after the lecture. Depending if there was an upcoming test or just a lecture determined what I planned for the students to do/study. With being a Library Assistant, a typical day was checking out and shelving textbooks and periodicals, making sure the area was clean, assisting students, etc. One thing the staff wanted to make sure was that the workers always had something to do and I did just that.
Very stable employment with good benefits
Facilities Technician HVACR (Former Employee), Torrance, CAAugust 27, 2014
Pros: stable job with good benefits
Cons: old buildings; small budget for materials
Easy going , good comradery with co-workers.
For many years, the college had major budget cuts, consecutively.
Very little money for basic repair parts or materials ; difficult to be responsible for equipment with very few resources.
Most employees were professional, responsible, respectful and good natured..
Little chance for advancement, but very stable employment.
Nice
Learning Facilitator (Current Employee), Torrance, CAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: your able to meet great people
Cons: p/t position and your not guaranteed 25 hours a week .
I truly enjoy helping and working with people as a whole. It brings me such great satisfaction to know that I was able to make a persons day with kind words or going out of my way to assist someone else besides myself.
desk work
Clerical/Appt Setter (Former Employee), torrance,caJuly 27, 2014
working 8 hours and having to work with college students who are trying to get a better education
Productive student
Business Administration (major) (Current Employee), Torrance, CAJuly 10, 2014
Student mentality and willing to learn to build a stronger foundation for myself
Awesome place to grow from
Super Tutor (Current Employee), Torrance, CaMay 16, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: lunch hours are short
Love working at El Camino it is a wonderful place to work on your transfer units and learn to work with others.
Productive and fun workplace with students
Tutor (Former Employee), Torrance, CAApril 2, 2014
Cons: short break
It is about 4 hours per day in the study center to help different level of math students. I enhance my communication and writing abilities during that time. Most of students are very nice and friendly and my co-workers are very helpful while the study center is busy.

The hardest part is that I have to manage my time with single student while there are too many students need help at peak time. But, it gives me positive feeling to help lots of people.
Well run organization, up to date equipment
lecturer / clinical educator (Former Employee), Torrance, CAMarch 11, 2014
Pros: close to my home
Cons: not enough hours of work.
Great place to work, would be nice if more funding could be alloted to the college.
A place of mixed emotions
Casual Worker - Alternative Media Services (Current Employee), Torrance, CAFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: free snacks
Cons: not enough hours and no room for growth
Each day has its own challenges from a student demanding their services be done now to co-workers calling in sick. I've learned how to manipulate different things on MS Word, PDF, Excel and learned how to use Access. The management is not highly professional. They tell me that I have to do things and do not give explanations as to why I have to do them as well as not giving enough instructions on what to do, at least not until after the fact. There's a mixture of co-workers. Some are nice and great to work with whereas others are just unprofessional. The hardest part of the job is working with people who are just demanding things left and right. The most enjoyable parts of the job is that there are people who do show their appreciation for the services I provided them with.