El Camino Hospital

El Camino Hospital Employer Reviews

Great place to work. Company makes best effort to assue employees happy enviroment
Patient Accounts Representative (Former Employee), CADecember 23, 2014
Pros: positive worrking enviroment
Follow up with any work from the previous day
Answering incoming calls from patients and Insurance companies.
Outgoing calls to delinquent accounts
Making sure correct billing codes for each procedure, equipment and supplies used
volunteered
Volunteer Services (Current Employee), Mountain View, CADecember 10, 2014
Pros: lunches
Cons: nothing so far
I learned a lot and Co-workers are very calm. They offer help,
Volunteer Work
Receptionist (Former Employee), Los Gatos, CANovember 29, 2014
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: alone
I was a volunteer at the El Camino Hospital in Los Gatos.
I answered the phones when they rang and made sure every guest who walked in was assisted. I learned about customer service and The most enjoyable part was getting free food around holiday season.
It was a wonderful learning experience.
Contractor Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAOctober 4, 2014
My preceptor and coworkers were very professional. They have supported me tremendously throughout my training there.
Healthcare
Facility Manager (Former Employee), Los Gatos, CASeptember 18, 2014
Major responsibilities include; daily operations, staffing, orientation/training, evaluation, assignment, direction, supervision, budget of Buildings, Maintenance Engineers and Contracted Services to provide adequate utilities, mechanical and equipment support. The systems supported include: Medical Equipment, HVAC, Building Management, Data/Phone Cabling, Electrical Distribution, Isolation Rooms, Infant and Facility Security, Fire Alarm, Medical Gas, Emergency Generators, Pumps, Compressors, Pneumatic Controls, Irrigation, Boilers, Vacuum, Nursecall, Plumbing, Emergency Equipment/Supplies, Regulated Waste and Recycling.
horrible
Reuse Technician (Former Employee), San Jose, CASeptember 11, 2014
very unprofessional staff no good management very disappointed that i had to leave
El Cemino Hospital is an excellent place to work it's just that the Step Down Unit was just not a good fit for me
Step Down Unit RN (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAAugust 31, 2014
Pros: learned cardiac care, had good benefits and pay
Cons: not a good fit for me
The unit I worked on was pretty specialized, A typical day involved taking care of someone who had a cardiac stent placed and needed post-op care, monitoring.
El Camino Hospital intern
Phlebotomist Internship (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAAugust 22, 2014
Pros: helping patients
Cons: not enough experience
A typical day at work is preparing my equipment for my patients and drawing blood from patients.
I learned what it is to be phlebotomist in the medical field.
The most enjoyable part of working in a hospital is knowing your contributing a good thing to patients.
Rewarding and collaborative environment with supportive staff
CLINICAL DIETITIAN (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAAugust 8, 2014
I've been with this organization (in Los Gatos and Mountain View) for six years. I feel fortunate to work at both campuses and have had great clinical experience with good management and collaborative coworkers.
Team and family oriented work experience.
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: the level of pay, and healthcare benefits provided
Cons: we can be so busy, that the day has passed by without any time for a break.
Working with the professionals at El Camino Hospital has been one of the best work experiences since my time spent with Disney. The team spirit among my peers and others from the many departments all share the same mission goal, the best quality care we can provide for our patients. The work is hard and requires the best to create and maintain the highest level of quality care, the many teams I have the privilege of working with, from my fellow CNA's to the RN's and managers make my day as an enjoyable day possible. There isn't anything easy about acute patient care, we are dependent upon for every task under taken, I look forward to meeting these tasks with my skill and experience so that whatever is happening is carried out flawlessly and effortlessly as possible.
Productive place to practice social skills with patients
Volunteer (Current Employee), Los Gatos, CAJune 17, 2014
Pros: practice people skills and patient centered and family centered care
Cons: non-paid job
Typical day includes providing support to patients' families and being part of family centered care at the hospital. RNs are cooperative and provide positive work environment.
great experience
Outpatient Receptionist (Former Employee), mountain view californiaJune 5, 2014
a company that give me a strength to fulfill my work as a phlebotomist.
Great place to grow and develop professionally
RN III (Current Employee), CAMay 14, 2014
I truly enjoy el camino hospital and everything this organization has to offer.
All Trades now how to do there job right the first time
Inspector liaison (Former Employee), Fremont, CANovember 4, 2013
Pros: top pay
Cons: lot of overtime
Long day walking 5miles each day,QC work for framimg,how to work with all trades.lot of trades overseeing jobsite,lot of guy's to watch.helping guy's to get a long.2yr long
Busy Medical Records department within the hospital
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee), Mountain View, CASeptember 17, 2013
Pros: free pizza on fridays from round table
Cons: no cons
• Responsible for the update, and organize medical records, including electronic health records.

I learned about the color coding of each section which had a patient medical record.

Working with many physicians and being responsible for pulling each patient chart based on daily appointments was very challenging and working with another medical records clerk was a terrific team effort.

The hardest part of the job is filing all the charts away because the patient could be coming back to another department within the hospital and searching for the chart sometime would be time consuming if the patient chart was on the cart to be filed back on the shelf.

The most enjoyable part of the job was matching all charts daily to the physician appointment sheet.
Nice lounge for the sterile tech only.
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee), CASeptember 4, 2013
Nice place to work with. I enjoyed working in the department.
Great hospital to volunteer at.
Volunteer (Patient Care Liaison) (Former Employee), Mountain View, CA.April 9, 2013
Pros: helping people.
Cons: none.
Restocking hospital rooms with required materials, assisting patients with viewing safety videos, instructing patients on how to use technology provided in their hospital room, delivering items to patients, reading to patients at their request, running errands for nurses and doctors, delivering items throughout the hospital, restocking patient care reports for health care team as well as helping discharge patients.
Nice place to work
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAFebruary 25, 2013
Health care is a competitive market and staying abreast of your competitors is number one. The physicians are innovative and the care given to patients are second to none.
A few great doctors and co-workers. Management issues
RN, BSN, PHN (Former Employee), Mount View, WIJanuary 20, 2013
Pros: the patients, some kind co-workers, a few great doctors
Cons: see above
There is no room for autonomy or suggestions by employees. Some managers and staff are dishonest regarding your work. Some doctors are dishonest regarding you work. The politics are extremely difficult. Some RN's are overloaded with all the work and others sit around and do nothing. There is no routine education on the units and management to go for help. Multiple employees leave due these problems. Law suits.
Excellent non profit that does a great deal for the community
Guest Services Manager/Govt. Relations (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAJuly 29, 2012
Excellent company to work for. Technologically advanced.

About El Camino Hospital

El Camino Hospital is a not-for-profit organization with hospital campuses in Mountain View, California and Los Gatos, California. – Read more