El Camino Hospital Employee Reviews

best job i ever had stolen right out from under me
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CADecember 3, 2016
The hospital was great my manager was spineless and shallow and would rather side with the Dr she knew was wrong rather then do the right thing ...truley pathetic..at least she still has her job
Pros
great benefits and co-workers
Cons
union steward completely incompetant and inexperienced
Fast paced inpatient setting
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 25, 2016
Depending on the shift, you can expect to walk 2-6 miles. I learned compounding in a sterile "clean room". Worked extensively with Pyxis, refilling, unloading, recovering drawers. The environment is very competitive. Management seems busy with keeping numbers in check for their higher-ups. The hardest part was not having a consistent training schedule. The most enjoyable was being a part of a healthcare team. The IV shifts were my absolute favorite.
Pros
Beautiful campus
Cons
Parking is difficult and with construction it has worsened
Quality hospital, great coworkers, great patient population
RN II (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAAugust 31, 2016
LOVED working at this hospital. Unit management was genuine, personable, and approachable. I always felt fairly treated and considered. Coworkers were competent, pleasant, and always ready and willing to help if needed. Doctors were fabulous and worked as part of the team. Upper management focused on improving quality of care but also on employee satisfaction.
Great benefits!
Office admin (Current Employee) –  Mountain ViewJuly 28, 2015
I cannot say a bad thing about the benefits. What's better than free right?

I had the opportunity to work with people from all departments. Everyone is into collaboration and doing the right thing. However, sometimes politics and funding get in the way of doing the right thing. My co-workers were the best and they were always very collaborative and a joy to work with.

The hardest thing about the job is not getting enough support for professional development and the most enjoyable part was the collaborative culture of the staff.
Benefits
Cons
Politics
exciting place
Los Gatos Exec Admin/ Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Gatos, CAOctober 14, 2016
I did a variety of jobs which I loved and learned a lot I worked in a variety of departments that the information I learned was invaluable. The hardest part was wanting to do more . The enjoyable part was I ended up doing more
Pros
learned a lot
Cons
Not any cons
Write your reveiw
CNA/Clinical Support - Assist RNs (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJuly 20, 2016
Give us your opinion about a typical day at work, what you have learned, management, your co-workers, hardest part of the job, most enjoyable part of the job
HR Representative (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMay 17, 2012
El Camino Hospital is a good place to work, but in my position and department in particular there's not much room for growth. The compensation package is good as well as the benefits. However, the Human Resources department unfortunately has a bad reputation to no fault of it's own. I've worked here for four years and there are some guildelines set by PRN and SEIU that we have to adhere to in regards to hiring and transferring employees, which employees seem to be frustrated by. Also, employees are upset with certain changes made to their benefit packages that the unions agreed too, but for some reason it's reflected poorly on the HR team. In general I get along with many employees and managers throughtout the hospital, and gained great rapport with many staff members at all levels . Overall, I'm thankful the HR experience that I've gained here at ECH, but I do not want to remain stagnant in my career. I now feel it's time to learn new and more challenging aspects of HR.
Pros
good pay, good benefits.
Cons
no room for advancement
good team work among nursing staff. Well supported by management.
Clinical Quality Outcomes Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 25, 2016
Nurses are well supported in most patent care services. High nursing retention rate. Not much opportunity for entry level nurse manager/leadership.
Decent compensation and flexibility but some unfortunate changes over the years
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 9, 2016
The patients are wonderful to work with. I have had some very competent co-workers. It has been a positive experience to have had the hospital switch to an electronic medical record.
Team and family oriented work experience.
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJuly 17, 2014
Working with the professionals at El Camino Hospital has been one of the best work experiences since my time spent with Disney. The team spirit among my peers and others from the many departments all share the same mission goal, the best quality care we can provide for our patients. The work is hard and requires the best to create and maintain the highest level of quality care, the many teams I have the privilege of working with, from my fellow CNA's to the RN's and managers make my day as an enjoyable day possible. There isn't anything easy about acute patient care, we are dependent upon for every task under taken, I look forward to meeting these tasks with my skill and experience so that whatever is happening is carried out flawlessly and effortlessly as possible.
Pros
The level of pay, and healthcare benefits provided
Cons
We can be so busy, that the day has passed by without any time for a break.
Great place to work, great coworkers, good morale.
Registered Nurse - Transitional Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMay 20, 2015
I worked 12 hour shifts from 7PM - 7AM. It was a very busy unit. Once you made initial rounds, then you start "putting out the fires", so to speak. Everyone worked independently but were always available if you needed help. Learned a lot about high tech monitoring, we became a certified chest pain center as well as a stroke center. The education for that was daunting but management would do anything to help you get it done by scheduled deadlines - they were very supportive. For myself, the hardest part of the job was time management during the last 1-2 hours of the shift. That's always been a weak point of mine, but I got better at it. Honestly the most enjoyable part of the job was just being there. You always have frighteningly busy nights which could wreak havoc on morale and your ability to problem solve properly. Our shift got along very well. No matter how difficult the night was, at some point, we made time to laugh about any number of things. It was amazing to note that just those few minutes (VERY few minutes) that we took to do that had a very positive impact on how we were able to end our shift.
Living in Florida now, it's too bad the commute is so far. El Camino Hospital remains my favorite out of all of the places I have worked over my career.
Pros
The coworkers, only 3 12-hour shifts/week, great benefits and management support.
No opportunity for career advancement
Laboratory Tech Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJuly 6, 2012
El Camino has great staff, but does not have any room for career growth. They do have good tuition reimbursement but trying to move into another position once you have completed your education is impossible. Not very bright of them to invest thousands of dollars in their employees and then have them leave because they won't give them an opportunity to move into higher positions...
Pros
great staff, good education benefits
Cons
no opportunity for growth
Excellent job while working nights.
Clinical RN II, Step 4, CCU / ICU (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJune 25, 2012
I enjoyed working at EL Camino on nights in the ICU/CCU for over a year, but I did not like the Days - Break RN position I returned to after I traveled home to NC for 6 months. I didn't like working days, and I felt tired because I couldn't sleep well at night. I was used to nights. Before I left, I was on the list for balloon pump training. When I came back, I was no longer on the list for balloon pump training, and no night positions were available.
Pros
good pay, benefits, & training
Cons
dayshift was not a good fit
Overall, a good place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ancillary DepartmentJune 6, 2015
This is a great employer with an enjoyable at-work culture. The compensation is above average for the industry. Fellow workers and clients are outstanding.
Very stressful work environment
Icare- Lead HB Claims Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAApril 8, 2016
The business office here is excellent. Everything else I really have nothing much to say about. I just don't have anything to say I'd rather stay silent. Also I think having to fill this out is annoying and you all should take it off.
Good solid work environment
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 22, 2016
Good solid work environment
Good people to work with.
Worthwhile cause - helping those who help the sick
Medical staff genuinely appreciate what we do for them
Management is very supportive
I would love to work with El Camino crew again
Short-order cook/catering coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMarch 29, 2016
I built my confidence in this company and I have learned a lot.
Very focus on their patients.
Always keeping the patients first.
What ever it takes is the motto and they really practice it
El Cemino Hospital is an excellent place to work it's just that the Step Down Unit was just not a good fit for me
Step Down Unit RN (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAAugust 31, 2014
The unit I worked on was pretty specialized, A typical day involved taking care of someone who had a cardiac stent placed and needed post-op care, monitoring.
Pros
learned cardiac care, had good benefits and pay
Cons
not a good fit for me
Part of Unit support to promote positive outcomes for all
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Mount View, WISeptember 20, 2015
Was to help sustain our patients life through Hemodialysis. I learned how to care for fragile people and situations.

Management and co-workers built the foundation for our unit support and positive flow.

The hardest part of my job was having to loose a fragile patient that could not tolerate their treatment.

The most rewarding part of my job was to see the patients and the end of a successful treatment able to live for one more day.
Great place to work!
Registered Nurse working as a Flex Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAOctober 21, 2015
This is one of the best places I have ever worked for. I started in the Emergency room and continued in ER for the next 3 years, and then was able to take a flex position in the hospital working as a flex nurse for Pre-op, PACU, IR, Endoscopy, which was the best learning experience of my life. I was able to work with Interventional Radiology doctors preforming Conscious Sedation and just seeing the new innovations in the health care industry is amazing. They have a great Cath Lab, with great nurses who works with you and proving the patients great care.

4.2