El Camino Hospital Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Productive workplace
Clinical Manager of Interventional Services (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CASeptember 7, 2017
problematic and poor work culture. Management not open for change ideas. Great benefits. most management positions lack the specific clinical knowledge.
The best work location I have ever had
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAAugust 23, 2017
My time at El Camino was life changing. The coworkers that became friends is amazing. Everyone communicates and works well together. Always a team effort.
Collaborative environment with other departments
CARDIAC TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 6, 2017
Fast-paced environment and typically a fun place to work. Unfortunately, politics had too big of an influence on decision making, it was more about who you knew versus your qualifications with regards to advancement.
Nurses Heaven!
Clinical Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Los Gatos, CAAugust 6, 2017
An amazing place to be if you are a nurse. Do not get me wrong, this hospital is very strict and conservative but it is for a good reason. Patient safety and satisfaction is the heart of this hospital, and it's very rewarding to practice nursing in this hospital. The pay is very competitive, one of the highest in the US. Benefits and retirement is great as well. A place you can spend the rest of you career and get the opportunity to grow. Not so much politics compared to other hospitals in the bay area. It's either you deserve it or you don't. Very straight forward, they compensate your performance and excellence at work. It's not who you know, it's how you work.
World Class Hospital
RN- Administrative Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Los Gatos, CAJuly 28, 2017
El Camino Hospital lives up to it's high standards and ratings in the hospital accreditation area. There is continual upgrading to the facilities. Also, the nursing education instructors are up to date in clinical skills and practices.
Poor department leadership
Biomed Journeyman Technician (Former Employee) –  Mount View, WIJuly 10, 2017
As the saying goes, "people don't leave jobs because of the job, they leave because of poor management." The Director of Clinical Engineering had a pension for "Lying" , which put the staff in tough predicaments and having to cover up the lies. The hospital itself is a great place to work.
Pros
Friendly knowledgeable staff, great benefits, good pay
Cons
Poor management, no exit interviews
Program Therapist (Current Employee) –  Los Gatos, CAJune 7, 2017
El Camino hires the best and expects high quality work. I have worked both in the inpatient and outpatient setting and there is consistency amongst the organization. If you're a hard worker you will be successful here.
Pros
Great benefits, supportive coworkers
Cons
high expectations
A Horrible Place to Work
Private (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMay 6, 2017
El Camino Hospital is a toxic, unprofessional, unproductive, unkind place to work.

As evidence, please review their turnover rate in IT and their EMR management on any job board/website.

This is not a case of a bad fit for any of the employees who have left. ECH IT and EMR management is not a good fit for any employee under any circumstances. Skill set, expertise, emotional intelligence and experience are irrelevant.
Friendly atmosphere
RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAApril 30, 2017
I love coming to work every single day. It's a friendly, warm, helpful people and a good place to work for. Meeting new people everyday and able to give an excellent customer service. The most rewarding part of my job is when a customer leaves happy and satisfied.
good place to work most of the time.
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAApril 24, 2017
dealing with overworked nurse.it great getting a chance to help patient, the culture is ok but not great. The room for advancement seem to be hard . but it a great hospital overall.
Pros
security
Cons
nurse are hard to work, overworked
Hospital that cares
Program Manager - Financial Planning & Analysis (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAApril 17, 2017
A great community hospital, that puts its patients first. C- level and senior leadership work well together to establish a great culture and a strategic direction.
was like working with family
Staffing Coordinator / Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMarch 27, 2017
Was nice place to work, and was able to move around to different positions within the Hospital, only downside for me was that positions i worked were not really ones that had flexible hours.
good experience
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMarch 13, 2017
i was stright out of school and working over there was very fun and learned a lot of thing just didnt work there for that long . good people and learned a loat of major things
Best. Ever. Hospital !!!
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAFebruary 19, 2017
EL CAMINO by far epitomizes how the Nurses should be treated. El Camino understands that there is a life outside the nursing profession and accommodates whenever possible each individual's needs. The nurses are all super professionals, congenial, team-players, and become family. In my 34 years as a nurse, El Camino tops the list for the BEST workplace for nurses !!!!!
Pros
Great Cafeteria food, Excellent Benefits and Bonuses
Cons
One must get accustomed to the diversity in customs, expectations, and reactions from the clientele.
Mgmt
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Gatos, CAFebruary 10, 2017
very efficient Manager, Honesty and farness is her strong point. All staff are very friendly and all work as a team. Strong sense of respect and friendly atmosphere makes daily routine easy
Great Pay and Balanced Worklife
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount View, WIFebruary 5, 2017
Nice people, flexible hours not a lot stress. Easy to learn tasks as not much progression in terms of software and procedures.
Pros
Flex Time
Cons
Not much growth opportunities
El Camino Hospital
Unit Support (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJanuary 6, 2017
I enjoyed working for El Camino Hospital, we not only Co Workers and worked at a team. We enjoyed what we did as giving patient care
Pros
Great Team
Cons
I no longer work there
Productive and fun work place with great people
Endoscopic Technician (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJanuary 4, 2017
I worked for ECH for 17 years with an overall great experience. I'd say one of the best hospitals in patient care and employee satisfaction. Unfortunately I was dismissed by an unexperienced manager who used my misfortunes against me to terminate my career at ECH. The hardest part of the job was seeing changes that took away from what many will say was ECH's character, it's staff. Still I'd say El Camino Hospital can still be great if these issues are reviewed and corrected.
best job i ever had stolen right out from under me
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CADecember 3, 2016
The hospital was great my manager was spineless and shallow and would rather side with the Dr she knew was wrong rather then do the right thing ...truley pathetic..at least she still has her job
Pros
great benefits and co-workers
Cons
union steward completely incompetant and inexperienced
Fun, clean, nice place to work
EKG Externship (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAOctober 27, 2016
Nothing, everything is good. Safe environment , food are good and affordable . I like to work here after I finish my Externship here
Good
Cons
Na

Ask a question about working or interviewing at El Camino Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3