El Centro Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Emergency room admitting clerk, Insurance verification, taking demographic information.
Admitting Clerk (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CASeptember 28, 2017
People who walked in to the emergency room would walk up and information such as demographic, insurance information would be taken before being seen If patient to be admitted, then personal belongings would placed in the hospital safe, insurance co-pay's would be taken. If patient was brought in by ambulance, the whole process would be done, except we would get in the room as patient is being seen by physician
Cons
Not enough hours. Was hired on an on/call position
Management is horrible
ER Technician (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CASeptember 19, 2017
This company just uses and abuses you till they want. They will call you on your days off when short staffed but at the end of the day they don't care about their staff. Management is horrible and will not help you when it comes down to false allegations. CEO of nursing is another horrible part of the hospital that plays the role of caring and that will investigate but doesn't do anything. Patients go to PMH better and those looking for a job here look else where.
Cons
Bad management, over worked
Productive and fun work place
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CASeptember 13, 2017
Great place to work. The hospital employs caring, compassionate individuals. There is always opportunity to advance with education. Working with the team at this place you can tell everyone is committed to health care and actually enjoys their job
Great
Information Systems (Current Employee) –  El Centro, CASeptember 11, 2017
ECRMC is a great place to work. Training opportunities. Good leadership and caring co-workers. I have enjoyed making a difference and serving our community.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
good place to work and retire
cook (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CAAugust 29, 2017
Could not have worked at a better place.that's all every thing it's perfect for me. Employees are self driven workers they know what needs to done for the day. Services there are state of the art machines they use like in San Diego. Can't go wrong if getting service there.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no cons
Stay Away! Go elsewhere!
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  El Centro, CAAugust 22, 2017
If ever there was an administration/management that cared the least for their employees, it's this hospital. With an administration that is completely out of touch with the regular employees actually on the floor doing the real work, and with management teams in most departments, especially in acute care, that only look out for themselves and to please administrators, you find yourself working for a hospital that does very little for you or your wellbeing. Bonds formed with co-workers are extraordinary precisely because you get plummeted side by side and they are all you have. If you do decide to work here, be prepared to work for bullies and narcissistic egomaniacs. All this fornthe LOWEST pay in the valley out of all medical centers. Very sad how many good and skilled workers are leaving this place in droves.
Pros
coworker bonds
Cons
Lowest pay in the Valley, No breaks, Expensive and poor quality cafeteria food, Poor and untrained managment, favortisim, low resources, ambiguous policies
A place to gain some experience
Registered Nurse (Medical/Surgical) (Current Employee) –  El Centro, CAAugust 15, 2017
The place has its up's and down's, pros and cons like any other place. Sometimes it's slow and other times it can get hectic. Staffing can be an issue due to turnover. Not because it's the worst place to work but because better options present themselves. Small community hospital so there is opportunity to easily move to different departments and gain experience, but what you might see is limited due to the small size of the hospital and the community it serves.
excellent Company
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 8, 2017
excellent company, management excellent, salary excellent, i love health care, job hours good, teem work excellent, my coworker are great, excelent to work with
Excellent Job. My best one so far
Case Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CAJune 2, 2017
I loved working at ECRMC. I was a Case Management Assistant for a little over 3 years and even though there were challenges, most days I can say were very comfortable. Staff was great!!
patient's service
Distribution Associate (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CAMay 9, 2017
Stored, and issue equipment, material, supplies, merchandise, and medical item.
Contributed to all aspects of the workers.
Moved and transported materials and supplies to other departments, using hand and industrial truck.
Actively participated in all areas of the warehouse.
Answering the phone from all areas of the hospital asking for some product and delivering.
Stocking the product inside the warehouse on designated days.
Clean the bins of the wall in all areas of the hospital where we put the product from a warehouse (Par Excellence). Assign the bins and calibrate them. (Par Excellence)

Responsible for receiving the merchandise from all hospital.
Giving priority to the items that are frozen, next day, and products that have to be sent immediately to a specific area.
Daily forklift inspections and keeping data.
Maintain my area clean.
hospital.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CAMay 8, 2017
It was a lot of paper work, charting, copying, and typing. I learned how to work well around a computer and how to organized information for customers. The job was very easy to get the hang of no hard part.
Pros
the experince and knowledge you learn everyday.
Cons
no team work.
Friendly staff, great people
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  El Centro, CAApril 19, 2017
this is a good place that works with new grads! This is an underserved community so you will recieve a variety of patients and get lots of experience.
Working in the Education department opened many opportunities to enhance my career
Healthcare Training Coordinator/Senior Secretary (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CAApril 15, 2017
It was a wonderful career but education was calling my name in many areas which I have fulfilled and will be graduating this upcoming June with three degrees.
Pros
Working with nurses, educators and various doctors
Cons
Lay offs due to Medicaid/Medicare funding
Great opportunies to start your career
Administrative Office Clerk/Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CAMarch 8, 2017
I started working in the administration office as a volunteer, and since they liked the work I did for them they hire me as a clerk/administration assistant. Co-workers were stupendous and gave me a great opportunity.
Enjoyed my time there
ER Registration Lead (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CAFebruary 1, 2017
I learned so much from working at El Centro Regional. This was my first real professional job. Learning the medical field was easy because of how amazing training was.
Teaching, Caring, and Hardworking Enviroment
CAREER PATH MENTOR (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CAJanuary 11, 2017
A wonderful place to start if you are unsure whether the medical career is for you. They provide a great insight to not only the clinical side of medicine but all the other possible roads it may take you: business, technology, cooking etc.
Worst Place to work at
ER Technician (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CAOctober 25, 2016
The ER department is a complete MESS!! the worst management team I have ever worked it. Management divides the staff by personal friendships and "favorites". Nurses are always rude to the physician staff and their scribes. It was like working in high school, too much gossip, clicks, attitudes... no professionalism. Hopefully the new management team from San Diego can clean house and bring professionals with experience in management into this hospital.
Pros
Flexible Schedules
Cons
bad management, understaffed, and rude co-workers
A good place to start, if it's your only option.
ER Technician, Steile Processing (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CAJuly 12, 2016
I have worked at ECRMC as a ER Tech and a sterile processing tech. It is a great place to learn but a horrible place to work for. The pay is the lowest of any hospital ive ever heard of. Expect to work for as close to minimum wage as possible. There is also a big problem regarding the union that only represents the nursing staff. The nurses requested better treatment and pay went union and the hospital is undermining the union by hiring underqualified staff from Mexico. I worked as a sterile processing tech the second time around only to have my pay rate was 3 dollars lower than I agreed to over the phone. The mistake was never rectified and I was a full time employee with no healthcare benefits nor PTO etc. So I took a job in palm springs that paid double and my last paycheck had a stop payment placed on it. So 3 crimes were broken and HR was insulting to say the least. Only work there if you need a place to start. They will abuse you mistreat you and have complete disregard to federal and state laws.
Pros
Excellent learning enviroment
Cons
Low pay, dishonest employer unsafe working conditions.
Hospital
Pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CAJune 24, 2016
El Centro Regional Medical Center is a general medical and surgical hospital with 165 beds. Survey data for the latest year available shows that an average of 42,000 patients visited the hospital's emergency room. The hospital had 5,000 plus admissions. Its physicians performed 1,689 inpatient and 3,000 outpatient surgeries that I had the opportunity to be a team player in. I worked closely with Pharmacists to safely and efficiently process high volumes of order requests. Entered new patient profiles and prescriptions into Medi-tech software system and communicated directly with nurses and doctors via telephone, fax and email. RefilledOmni cell machines as well as dispensed and delivered patient medications to cassettes throughout the hospital in a friendly, efficient manner.
Pros
Nice
Cons
busy
Familiar work environment
Food Service Associate I (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CAMay 1, 2016
Some good technology like the Da Vinci surgery
Lacks professionalism.
Work environment is at time hostile.
You learn the basics about working at a place of care.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Management is needs improvement and better funds