El Centro Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Worst Place to work at
ER Technician (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CAOctober 25, 2016
The ER department is a complete MESS!! the worst management team I have ever worked it. Management divides the staff by personal friendships and "favorites". Nurses are always rude to the physician staff and their scribes. It was like working in high school, too much gossip, clicks, attitudes... no professionalism. Hopefully the new management team from San Diego can clean house and bring professionals with experience in management into this hospital.
Pros
Flexible Schedules
Cons
bad management, understaffed, and rude co-workers
Teaching, Caring, and Hardworking Enviroment
CAREER PATH MENTOR (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CAJanuary 11, 2017
A wonderful place to start if you are unsure whether the medical career is for you. They provide a great insight to not only the clinical side of medicine but all the other possible roads it may take you: business, technology, cooking etc.
A good place to start, if it's your only option.
ER Technician, Steile Processing (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CAJuly 12, 2016
I have worked at ECRMC as a ER Tech and a sterile processing tech. It is a great place to learn but a horrible place to work for. The pay is the lowest of any hospital ive ever heard of. Expect to work for as close to minimum wage as possible. There is also a big problem regarding the union that only represents the nursing staff. The nurses requested better treatment and pay went union and the hospital is undermining the union by hiring underqualified staff from Mexico. I worked as a sterile processing tech the second time around only to have my pay rate was 3 dollars lower than I agreed to over the phone. The mistake was never rectified and I was a full time employee with no healthcare benefits nor PTO etc. So I took a job in palm springs that paid double and my last paycheck had a stop payment placed on it. So 3 crimes were broken and HR was insulting to say the least. Only work there if you need a place to start. They will abuse you mistreat you and have complete disregard to federal and state laws.
Pros
Excellent learning enviroment
Cons
Low pay, dishonest employer unsafe working conditions.
productive workplace
Department Coordinator (Current Employee) –  El Centro, CANovember 24, 2015
It is a fun work place and friendly people all around. it is a team work environment there is also alot of room to grow. Management is great for the most part some could grow more as leaders. The hardest part of a job is it is always busy and multi-tasking is a must! The most emjoyable part of my job is coming to my second home and eventually your co-workers become family.
Pros
great benefits, incentives, great work place, people
Cons
very busy
Familiar work environment
Food Service Associate I (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CAMay 1, 2016
Some good technology like the Da Vinci surgery
Lacks professionalism.
Work environment is at time hostile.
You learn the basics about working at a place of care.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Management is needs improvement and better funds
Good people that care about the community
RN (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CaDecember 29, 2011
This is a good hospital that was loved by the JC. There are a lot of amazing people working here with huge hearts. I really miss this hospital but not the surrounding area, which can be very very hot. Plenty of education and advancement opportunities. Amazing assistants and unit secretaries. Many assistants were actually RNs in Mexico and have superb patient care skills. You will have wonderful team in this hospital.
Pros
great culture, good people, always good food, a lot of love
Cons
everyone is bilingual, spanish in the break room, spanish between staff on the floor, desert surroundings
ECRMC is approx 100 bed hospital in the desert, with very few possibilities of advancement.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CAJune 1, 2015
My day started at 8am to 4:30pm. I carried a case load of 30 or more depending on the available staff. I learned intra facility, transfers, Intrer Qual, MR. Management was not providing any help. My coo worker were very unhappy, but the live in this are and are unable to relocate. 1/2 of the nursing staff are nurses who work 12 hr and they lived in the San Diego. The hardest part of my job was to cover for the employees who call in Sick Very Frequently. Therefore it made taking vacation time The most enjoyable part of my day was interviewing the patients and their families.
I AM WILLING TO RELOCATE TO THE SAN DIEGO AREA.
Pros
small hospital
Cons
lack of staff due to frequent call out.
Caesar De La Fuente
senior Director Facility Services (Current Employee) –  El Centro, CAAugust 20, 2013
My biggest accomplishment was bringing together all the support services (EVS, Dietary, maintenance...) and making them part of Facility Management\Services. By combining the departments and making them all a part of the Facility Management Services the silos disappeared and for three years now, my departments have scored the highest in the employee engagement survey we conduct annually. As a veteran I truly believe in leading from the front and going into the trenches with the troops, when staff sees you out with them, that motivates them and makes them feel that management cares and their not out there alone. My biggest failure is convincing the other administrators that they need to leave their offices to improve customer service and employee engagement.
Pros
great deficated employee
Cons
the other administrators not being engaged
A productive and fun working place
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CAMay 31, 2013
A very memorable place for my career. This was my first year as a sterile processing technician. My co-workers taught me a lot to be a better tech which up to now i still treasure.
Pros
Free lunch
Productive Work Place
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CAOctober 8, 2015
Great job culture. Everyone in the department made it a joy to work there. I would definitely go back to work there if I located back into the area.
Outpatient Clinics are a great place to work and have some fun too.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  El CentroSeptember 10, 2014
Work is divide equally among staff, everyone vitals, checks the fax inbox for patient documents or prescription request. Working with the providers is very educational. Co-Workers are all great. Hard part is sometimes our patient volumes to staff can be over-whelming but management always trys to make you feel like you did a great job getting patients in and out of the clinic, while providing excellent patient care.
Pros
with lots of staff we have lots a birthdays to celebrate and pot locks are allowed.
Cons
On some days you get so busy that there is no time for breaks.
wonderful co workers and makes a good working environment.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  El Centro, CAMay 25, 2015
The pay could be better, and being a small hospital and city owned less of the administration trying to make changes that do not make sense without consulting the staff dealing with the situations and giving input first.
Pros
good benefits, good mamgment, great co workers
Cons
bad caffeteria food that is exspensive, department and shift quareling.
Unsafe, dangerous hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  El Centro CAOctober 27, 2013
I made the mistake of taking a job at this hospital. I found myself surrounded by RN's that felt since the place is out in the sticks they were excused from rules and regulations set up by the agencies that protect the public, having no clue how important accurate I & O is needed on a really sick patient. Incorrect information announced in front of your patient, and the list goes on.
Room air conditioners sucking in the brown air left in the valley after the fields are burnt ,outdated equipment or no equipment at all.
One anesthesiologist in house for the night shift, leaving my OR during surgery to go check on another patient under general anesthesia on another floor, leaving the patient in my room without supervision.
Ignoring restrictions from another doctor that they had been informed of from day 1.of contact before I was even hired.being reassured by management that it will be NO problem, only to have it brought up as a problem at my 90 day probation.
We did not see eye to eye on many issues, at my 90 day probation meeting I was ready to quit, I was not going to risk losing my license from working at this place of horror, I failed probation thank God, that way I was able to collect unemployment until I got my next job at a REAL HOSPITAL.
Pros
FAILING PROBATION
Cons
EVERYTHING from air quality, lack of professionalism, death trap, unsafe, dangerous, too hot
Challenging and many opportunities for change
Chief Nursing Officer (Current Employee) –  El Centro, CANovember 3, 2014
Administratively speaking, the position of CNO is met with many challenges and opportunities. Through teamwork, we were successful in improving all categories for HCAPS. We also had excellent directors who were able to reach 100% on nursing's component of Core Measures and we're making significant progress with the physician components.
My co-workers are hard working and the C-suite is quite progressive.
The hardest part of my job is finding time to round on physicians. The most enjoyable part of the job is rounding on patients and nursing staff.
Pros
Sunshine most of the year
Cons
Extremely hot in the summers
it is awesome working place
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CANovember 10, 2013
over all it is nice and productive work place, nice people and good management. But , I the reason why I resigned is because I want to go back to school and earn master of science, otherwise, it is great hospital.
A genuine community hospital that delivered high quality care
Medical Records Technician II (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CADecember 29, 2013
A typical day at my job consisted of analyzing medical records for completeness and accuracy. I strived to maintain the integrity of a legal and complete medical record to the best of my ability. I had the opportunity to work along side great hospital staff and many great physicians. I always maintained a strong teamwork attitude with my fellow co-workers and peers. The most enjoyable part of my job was being part of a organization that really served my community and cared for them like they were their own family.
Pros
Great benfits, a community driven hospital
Excellant learning hospital
LPN (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CAApril 11, 2012
Great place to work, excellant management team. Wonderful hospital that allows you to work any dept you are qualified for to learn new skills. Overtime as you want it.
Pros
education supported
Nice working environment with kind staff, knowledgeable in their area of expertise
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CAMay 23, 2013
As I did my clinical rotations through all the departments of the hospital, I noticed a consistent trend: one of great staff who knew how to take care of a patient's needs while keeping them happy. They fostered my development very well and I appreciated them showing me the ropes.
fun place to working in Post partum
STAFF RN (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CAJune 2, 2015
Assumes responsibility for the total care, assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of each patient assigned
to the unit.
I loved this place
Department Coordinator for Maintenance (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CA July 25, 2013
I always completed my work on time. Every Wednesday we had a customer service meeting to better our Customer Service. My managers and Director are amazing. My co-workers are fun, caring people.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
NONE

Ask a question about working or interviewing at El Centro Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

El Centro Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location