El Centro Regional Medical Center

El Centro Regional Medical Center Employer Reviews

Hectic yet learning experience
Unit Secretary/Admissions Rep. I (Former Employee), El Centro, CAJuly 17, 2014
Cons: underpaid
I was working 12 hours, weekends, holidays. When patients died, it was hard to brush off and continue the day. My co-workers were great.
A genuine community hospital that delivered high quality care
Medical Records Technician II (Former Employee), El Centro, CADecember 29, 2013
Pros: great benfits, a community driven hospital
A typical day at my job consisted of analyzing medical records for completeness and accuracy. I strived to maintain the integrity of a legal and complete medical record to the best of my ability. I had the opportunity to work along side great hospital staff and many great physicians. I always maintained a strong teamwork attitude with my fellow co-workers – more... and peers. The most enjoyable part of my job was being part of a organization that really served my community and cared for them like they were their own family. – less
it is awesome working place
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Former Employee), El Centro, CANovember 10, 2013
over all it is nice and productive work place, nice people and good management. But , I the reason why I resigned is because I want to go back to school and earn master of science, otherwise, it is great hospital.
Unsafe, dangerous hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), El Centro CAOctober 27, 2013
Pros: failing probation
Cons: everything from air quality, lack of professionalism, death trap, unsafe, dangerous, too hot
I made the mistake of taking a job at this hospital. I found myself surrounded by RN's that felt since the place is out in the sticks they were excused from rules and regulations set up by the agencies that protect the public, having no clue how important accurate I & O is needed on a really sick patient. Incorrect information announced in front of – more... your patient, and the list goes on.
Room air conditioners sucking in the brown air left in the valley after the fields are burnt ,outdated equipment or no equipment at all.
One anesthesiologist in house for the night shift, leaving my OR during surgery to go check on another patient under general anesthesia on another floor, leaving the patient in my room without supervision.
Ignoring restrictions from another doctor that they had been informed of from day 1.of contact before I was even hired.being reassured by management that it will be NO problem, only to have it brought up as a problem at my 90 day probation.
We did not see eye to eye on many issues, at my 90 day probation meeting I was ready to quit, I was not going to risk losing my license from working at this place of horror, I failed probation thank God, that way I was able to collect unemployment until I got my next job at a REAL HOSPITAL. – less
Caesar De La Fuente
senior Director Facility Services (Current Employee), El Centro, CAAugust 20, 2013
Pros: great deficated employee
Cons: the other administrators not being engaged
My biggest accomplishment was bringing together all the support services (EVS, Dietary, maintenance...) and making them part of Facility Management\Services. By combining the departments and making them all a part of the Facility Management Services the silos disappeared and for three years now, my departments have scored the highest in the employee – more... engagement survey we conduct annually. As a veteran I truly believe in leading from the front and going into the trenches with the troops, when staff sees you out with them, that motivates them and makes them feel that management cares and their not out there alone. My biggest failure is convincing the other administrators that they need to leave their offices to improve customer service and employee engagement. – less
I loved this place
Department Coordinator for Maintenance (Former Employee), El Centro, CAJuly 25, 2013
Pros: great co-workers
I always completed my work on time. Every Wednesday we had a customer service meeting to better our Customer Service. My managers and Director are amazing. My co-workers are fun, caring people.
A productive and fun working place
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee), El Centro, CAMay 31, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
A very memorable place for my career. This was my first year as a sterile processing technician. My co-workers taught me a lot to be a better tech which up to now i still treasure.
Good working envrionment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), El Centro, CAMay 26, 2013
Pros: phlebotomy experience
Good working environment. Good working hours. Phlebotomy experience.
Nice working environment with kind staff, knowledgeable in their area of expertise
Volunteer (Former Employee), El Centro, CAMay 23, 2013
As I did my clinical rotations through all the departments of the hospital, I noticed a consistent trend: one of great staff who knew how to take care of a patient's needs while keeping them happy. They fostered my development very well and I appreciated them showing me the ropes.
Flexible work schedule, fun and easy atmosphere
Volunteer (Former Employee), El Centro, CAMarch 30, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
A day in the work of a Jr. auxiliary volunteer is pretty simple. The nurses and technicians of the hospital teach you the ropes of what it is like to be employed there.
great place
Receptionist/Cashier (Former Employee), El Centro, CAFebruary 21, 2013
Pros: people
work with great people love the setting and the benifit check in of patients and directed them where to go and what needed to be done for op surgery
Excellant learning hospital
LPN (Former Employee), El Centro, CAApril 11, 2012
Pros: education supported
Great place to work, excellant management team. Wonderful hospital that allows you to work any dept you are qualified for to learn new skills. Overtime as you want it.
Good people that care about the community
RN (Former Employee), El Centro, CaDecember 29, 2011
Pros: great culture, good people, always good food, a lot of love
Cons: everyone is bilingual, spanish in the break room, spanish between staff on the floor, desert surroundings
This is a good hospital that was loved by the JC. There are a lot of amazing people working here with huge hearts. I really miss this hospital but not the surrounding area, which can be very very hot. Plenty of education and advancement opportunities. Amazing assistants and unit secretaries. Many assistants were actually RNs in Mexico and have superb – more... patient care skills. You will have wonderful team in this hospital. – less