EL MONTE RV Employee Reviews in United States

Very Fulfilling job
Sales and Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CANovember 17, 2014
I was basically in charge of everything from opening the store to closing the store. I got to work very closely with everybody in the service, detail and sales. I enjoyed working with everyone of them. I am a people person and try to personalize my work relationships to get the most out of the people I work with. I did all the bank financing and rate negotiations to get people approved and at a payment that they could afford. I set up the website design and made El Monte RV a dominant player in internet exposure. I made sure that the inventory was on the website and properly priced. Did all the advertising for the store. The hardest part of the job was the corporate office was in Los Angeles and trying to get them to make a decision on something that they could not see and knew nothing about was frustrating, but after a year they finally let the GM and I make the decision and take the responsibility for that decision. The best part of the job was watching a motor home leave the lot that was sold and knowing that your customer was happy and you did the best you could for them and still made money.
Pros
great health package
Cons
not enough compensation for work done for all employees
great place to work at
Sales & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Linden, NJMarch 7, 2014
learned about rvs and meet different people from all around the world who come to drive around the united states to explore.
NIce environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CAFebruary 19, 2014
Fresh cups of coffee, I learned how to listen and ask question to clarify, my supervisors were always helpful, very dependable co-workers, the hardest part of the day to me, was making sure reserved rentals were available before client arrived. I enjoyed meeting all the different nationalities that came into El Monte RV
Pros
great hours
Cons
no benefits
Family oriented, well respected, productive workplace.
Assistant Rental Manager (Former Employee) –  El Monte, CAJanuary 25, 2014
Working at El Monte RV was a great experience, it was a positive healthy work environment with great employee's and a variety of wonderful customers. I really enjoyed managing the front office with rental contracts, vehicle walk through to educate the customer on how to use the RV. The hardest part of the job would have been dealing with vehicle technical and mechanical issues and resolving them in a timely manner. My favorite part of the job was helping customers when they walk into the office and taking them out to the lot and showing all the different types of RV's and being knowledgeable in the information they needed.
Pros
fun and fast paced
Meet alot of different people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 12, 2013
Opens at 8 am and closes at 4pm
People I work with was really nice, I learned about different RV and the sizes of them!
Management was nice they work with you on personal need and customer wishes!
co-workers I became friends with really fast
hardest part of the job was the computer type to old
I enjoyed mostly meeting new people and learning about the RV
Pros
having a different kind of job
Cons
get 9.50 only if new how to speak german other that 9.00
poor pay poor benefits...trade out employees like socks
RV Service Technician/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CAJuly 22, 2013
terrible company really bad . management is of poor quality. un healthy work environment. no room for growth. bad pay.
Productive workplace
Parts Clerk / Driver (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs,CAMay 13, 2013
No two days were the same there was always something to do no matter what very productive workplace.
Pros
good pay, set hours, good experience, company picnics
Cons
none that i can think of.
Fun and Family Orientated
Sales Consultant/Financing (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAFebruary 8, 2013
I do all corporate rv sales here with El Monte RV, It is a wonderful place to work. Everyone is very friendly and will help if you have questions. The education and the confidence that they provide their employee's is priceless. They really seperate themselves from the competition.
Pros
great working environment
poor upper mangement leadership,
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAJuly 9, 2012
unfortunately this company is headed in a downward spiral, Upper managemnt continues to make poor decisions, Customers are misled and unfortunately will be the companies demise, The company refuses to upgrade IT systems and uses scare tactics to try to motivate employees
Work Smart not hard.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 17, 2012
Some times you start at 6am and get done at 9pm,in high season.slow season 8-5.jump through hope for excellent customer service. watch out be professional at work. Do to budget cuts you will work hard and long hours.
Pros
get to rent an rv half price :)
Cons
pay for your own insurance.

Want to know more about EL MONTE RV?

Ask a question