El Monte Union High School District Employee Reviews

A challenging student population, excellent principal, and up and coming quality of effectiveness.
Educator - High School - Graphic Design (Current Employee) –  El Monte, CAFebruary 20, 2017
A typical day at work consists of preparing for several presentations to high school aged students, attending professional development and collaboration meetings, and maintaining lots of internal record keeping and paperwork. I've learned that while I can respond well to high levels of stress that there are some levels that can cause mental and physical health problems if taken on without reprieve. I've also learned that producing quality graphics is my forte in the professional world. The workplace culture is one largely of bitter discontent with some pockets of hopeful optimism. A teacher in this district is expected to commit every hour of their waking life to the job by taking on many responsibilities beyond simply the classroom environment. The hardest part of the job is the encompassing workload of managing not only the classroom presentations, student face time, grading and planning - but the additional expectations of department meetings, adjunct positions, and extra-curricular expectations by the school. The most enjoyable part of the job is planning, designing, and modifying curriculum and working with students toward perfecting learning goals.
Pros
Medical Dental and Vision Benefits, Relatively good job security.
Cons
Lots of structural upheaval monthly / annually, time consuming work conditions, stressful environment.
Good Place to Work
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  El Monte, CA 91731December 2, 2016
Good place to work. Worked as temporary worker. Had a few problems at the start, but overall the experience was enjoyable. No problems at the end, The pay was well.
most rewarding.
Supervisor Name (Former Employee) –  el monte , caSeptember 16, 2015
working at the El Monte Union High School District was very rewarding. I was an administrative assistant for the switch board, I was taking a class after school for becoming an administrative assistant, and the teacher told me I needed to do an internship , but because he trusted me so much and knew that I had the capacity to do anything, he wanted to give me the opportunity to do my internship at the district. I loved this job, the staff was very positive, and I learned how to interact with different people, because I worked the switchboard I learned that my attitude and I myself was the first impression for everything and everyone in the building. It was up to me to make them feel welcome. I also answered phones, and had a responsibility of turning off phones and computers. I also learned the names of different people , from different departments of the schools and districts, which was helpful when I actually saw them on school campus and or when they would enter the district building they seemed very happy to know that I knew there names already. I learned that patience and listening to the visitors was very important, and I loved doing everything that I could to help them.
Pros
free food, met important people, had easy help when needed.
Cons
no break, very cold.
Fun and essential workplace
Clerk I/Personnel (Former Employee) –  El Monte, CANovember 8, 2014
Primary responsibilities included logging and maintaining employee and applicant
Database. Posted new Job openings along with job descriptions to all classified and
Non-classified employees, and public ads. Processed new employees, fingerprints, etc.
Data Entry, heavy phones, and filing. I answered district switchboard telephone routing calls and taking messages for all departments. Operated mail machine, copier, and fax machine.
Pros
no overtime
Cons
Fun place for growth and advancement
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  El Monte, CAJuly 3, 2014
Good place to work and the people at Ledesma HS treat you like family.
Pros
God people all the way around
Cons
n/a
Organized work place
Adult School Instructor and Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  El Monte, CAMarch 20, 2014
Staff is supportive and works well with its employees. Assignments are given with enough time and proper content. The pace is easy and calm. No issues with this District.
friendly fast paced working enviroment
Switchboard Operator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  El Monte, CAFebruary 20, 2014
I would greet customers and assist them. Answer calls and direct them to their desired department. I'll schedule down substitute teacher request. I learned to work in a fast paced environment and risk you take when being the first person people see. My supervisor was very nice and fun. She assisted me when in need of help. the hardest par of the job would be the high volume of callers and walk-ins happing all at once. The most enjoyable part of my job would be meeting new people everyday.
Pros
great opportunity
Cons
not getting paid
Working with kids is the most fun, when the kids get what your teaching, and the light goes on.
Graphic Communications Instructor (Former Employee) –  El Monte, CAJanuary 31, 2013
Each day starts with the lesson plan, and you keep up todate with the plan each day so at the end you will see everything that you learned come together. You are on and indiviual basis with each student and each has their own way of doing things and you must find a way to reach each one. The hardest thing is to get the funding for the class room. The most enjoyable is when they graduate, or get a job in the field and come back to tell you how you changed their life.
Pros
working with the kids
Cons
trying to keep your enrollment up
You receive a lot of support
Teacher (Former Employee) –  El Monte, CAJanuary 7, 2013
Wonderful years of teaching for El Monte Unified. Highly recommend
Great work environment and opportunity for advancement.
Account Technician (Former Employee) –  El Monte, CAJanuary 19, 2012
I had the great opportunity to work for EMUHSD for 14 years with no regrets. Many great memories and friends through out the years.