El Monte Union High School District Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Fun and essential workplace
Clerk I/Personnel (Former Employee) –  El Monte, CANovember 8, 2014
Primary responsibilities included logging and maintaining employee and applicant
Database. Posted new Job openings along with job descriptions to all classified and
Non-classified employees, and public ads. Processed new employees, fingerprints, etc.
Data Entry, heavy phones, and filing. I answered district switchboard telephone routing calls and taking messages for all departments. Operated mail machine, copier, and fax machine.
Pros
no overtime
Fun place for growth and advancement
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  El Monte, CAJuly 3, 2014
Good place to work and the people at Ledesma HS treat you like family.
Pros
god people all the way around
Cons
n/a
Organized work place
Adult School Instructor and Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  El Monte, CAMarch 20, 2014
Staff is supportive and works well with its employees. Assignments are given with enough time and proper content. The pace is easy and calm. No issues with this District.
friendly fast paced working enviroment
Switchboard Operator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  El Monte, CAFebruary 20, 2014
I would greet customers and assist them. Answer calls and direct them to their desired department. I'll schedule down substitute teacher request. I learned to work in a fast paced environment and risk you take when being the first person people see. My supervisor was very nice and fun. She assisted me when in need of help. the hardest par of the job would be the high volume of callers and walk-ins happing all at once. The most enjoyable part of my job would be meeting new people everyday.
Pros
great opportunity
Cons
not getting paid
Working with kids is the most fun, when the kids get what your teaching, and the light goes on.
Graphic Communications Instructor (Former Employee) –  El Monte, CAJanuary 31, 2013
Each day starts with the lesson plan, and you keep up todate with the plan each day so at the end you will see everything that you learned come together. You are on and indiviual basis with each student and each has their own way of doing things and you must find a way to reach each one. The hardest thing is to get the funding for the class room. The most enjoyable is when they graduate, or get a job in the field and come back to tell you how you changed their life.
Pros
working with the kids
Cons
trying to keep your enrollment up
You receive a lot of support
Teacher (Former Employee) –  El Monte, CAJanuary 7, 2013
Wonderful years of teaching for El Monte Unified. Highly recommend
Great work environment and opportunity for advancement.
Account Technician (Former Employee) –  El Monte, CAJanuary 19, 2012
I had the great opportunity to work for EMUHSD for 14 years with no regrets. Many great memories and friends through out the years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at El Monte Union High School District. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6