El Paso Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Observation
Observer (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 9, 2017
I observed an Occupational Therapist for 40 hours. I enjoyed that I was asked my opinion on what to incorporate in patient session. I was also asked to interact with the patients during the session. Overall this experience was enjoyable and educational.
Great Place to work at!!
Health Unit Coordinator ER (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 7, 2016
Learned many thing in the ER, Nurses are great with the kiddos!! they al willing to teach if you want to learn. Great environment!!
very good work environment
Nursing Assistant ER Dept (Former Employee) –  4845 Alameda Ave, El Paso, TXJuly 6, 2016
very Awesome work place I really love working with the kiddos and most of all the nurses where very helpful and worked as a team !
Great Place to Work
nurse (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 20, 2015
If you are dedicated to helping children get better, this is the place for you. They are busy and there is much work to do, but it is satisfying because it is for the kids.
Pros
Kid and Family Friendly Environment
Cons
Need more leadership
N/a
Staff Nurse at the Pediatrics Unit (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 17, 2015
Enjoy working with co-staff but management is not supportive with staff. Decent amount of red tapes and politics. Encouraging staff to grow educationally by providing free seminars and tuition reimbursement.
fun fast place to work! if you speak spanish
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 31, 2015
nice place to work! it was a language bearer for me! they made it very hard for me working there! it was mostly Spanish speakers there
Pros
you can learn alot! if willing to be pushed around from place to place
Cons
You have to speak spanish to work here
love working with children, Management of the facility is poor, low morale, terrible pay
Perioperative Services Nurse (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 22, 2015
Working with children has offered me more than I could ever imagine, but this hospital has very poor pay rates compared to others in town, very poorly staffed and frequently overworked.
Emotional Rewarding Place to Work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 16, 2015
My experience at El Paso Children's has been a beautiful informative
journey. Everyday I step into this hospital I am greeted with a smile. The employees I work with are professional and very knowledgable.
The hardest part of my job is seeing sick children struggling to live a healthy life.The childrens will to live is what motivates me to do the best and be the best at my job.
benefits
Cons
hourly wage
New hospital that has lots of financial and cultural challenges.
Interim VP of Administrative Services (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 10, 2015
A very talented work force and needs to focus on how to partner with another partner to make it financially sound. This hospital is a great concept it just needs to regroup and restructure to be successful.
Pros
New hospital
Cons
Mismanaged and poor communication
I really enjoy working with the Children and my Coworkers
Pediatric Endoscopy Technician (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 27, 2015
i enjoy working with all the nurses and doctors and all my Coworkers.knowing that i helped a child in a time of need.
El Paso Childrens
Nurse Auditor-Case Management (Former Employee) –  in the 6th floorJanuary 14, 2015
My employment positions were exciting and challenging. I would rate all of them as exceptional. All co-workers where great team members when needed. Learning was enjoyable in the position. All my positions were hard but learning what was required made it great.
Pros
All had great co-workers
Cons
equipment needed
Good work environment
Blood Bank Supervisor (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 5, 2014
A typical day is me reviewing all QC and daily results. I have learned to compose Policy and procedures, CT ratio reports, created discard log summaries, blood product administration audits, nursing orientation presentations for blood product administration and transfusion reaction presentations. My co-workers are great at helping each other out. Hardest part is losing our HEMOC patients. Most enjoyable is watching our pediatric patients grow and visit the hospital.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
Na
Ok Place to work at
Respiratory Supervisor (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TexasJune 18, 2014
I learned alot at this hospital however there was alot of favoritism and no chance for advancement.
Pros
Learned alot of respiratory skills
Cons
no chance of advancment in the field at this facility
New Children's Hospital
Inpatient Clinical Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 26, 2014
El Paso Children's Hospital is a new children's hospital that opened February 14th, 2012. As with many new companies there is always a lot to be done. Many projects such as formulary review, monographs, and policy and procedures.
Satisfactory
Medical Director Pediatric Hospitalist Program (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 17, 2014
Satisfactory
Joined at inauguration
People friendly
Staff and fellow doctors very cooperative
Equipments new
Research oriented
Pediatric Pharmacist
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 3, 2012
Direct the workflow of Technician and Pharmacist Staff
Provides appropriate orientation, development, and training of staff manners
Discuss medication order clarifications with the prescriber, document any changes in patient and pharmacy records, and inform others of medication order changes.
Monitor drug therapy to evaluate appropriateness of use, dose, dosage form, regimen, route, therapeutic duplication, and drug interactions
active and energetic
Patient Access (Former Employee) –  El PasoAugust 16, 2012
a day in the ER is always an event so many things can happen and can be quite an adventure good or bad it can be optimistic. I've learned to be attentive to the needs of others, to be patient with people. In the ER it is imperative to take charge of certain situations and circumstances so it's important to have knowledge and wisdom to handle hard cases.I love being able to be communicative with co-workers and having the ability to work as a team and never a dull moment but to create an envirment of creativity and fun atmosphere. giving patients bad news or tolerating bad behavior but always looking forward to a good outcome.
Pros
medical benefits, salary, paid time off
Cons
irregular schedule