El Paso Community College Employee Reviews

hardest and enjoyable part of the job, what I have learned
Work-Study Receptionist (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 5, 2017
hardest part was helping students with esl computer training (50 students). enjoyable part of the job was creating memorandum, collages by cutting pictures, creating Christmas tree and fake gift boxes. make list of associates favorite things to gift them on holidays. printing documents, deliver messages to different department.
Pros
learn lot of things
A great place to start your career
MUSIC INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 23, 2017
Students have a strong desire to learn. Instruction is delivered using a methodology based on integration of technologies, which is better to enhance the learning process and help students to achieve their learning goals. The workplace is great and you have the opportunity with have interaction with colleagues and staff. Everyone provides a welcome environment, and you able to find anything around the campus.
Very fun because of the people i work with!
Work Study (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 21, 2017
My job was very simple simce its a work-study, but still working with my coworkers what made it fun they were very friendly our environment was very quite because we would have lots of students studying in the work area, where i also got to to my homework for school!
Epcc
Workforce Development Instructor (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 20, 2017
Outstanding educational institution - devoted to student success and life long learning. Promoting student success, community involvement and community service.
Pros
Great
Cons
Great for part time jobs
Traffic Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 2, 2017
If you are student I highly recommend this employer. They allow employees to do homework or study while having downtime on the job. The management and staff are friendly, fun, and supportive of growth.
Pros
Great for part time or students
Cons
quick lunch
Great environment, low possibilities for full-time positions
Chemistry Faculty (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 25, 2017
Classes are assigned right before the start of the semester. There is no job security.
Pros
College Environment and students.
GREAT!!!! place to work!!
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TX 79915July 24, 2017
El Paso Community College is the best place I have ever worked for.
I love my job and the people I work with. Many people are dying to work here because it is such a great place to work.
Working at EPCC was a growing experience in my career.
Employment Specialist/Job Coach (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 11, 2017
a typical day, customer services a must, fast pace, helping student accomplish their goals
I learned things about an educational setting
The management was dictated
in most cases good
it is fast pace, you must be ready to work when you arrive
Feeling of accomplishment when you know you have help a student accomplish their gaols
Pros
Part of a team, free education
Cons
meeting your deadlines on a task may effect a students accomplishing their goals
Works for full time students
Note Taker (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TX 79902July 11, 2017
It is a great job when you are a full time student. It gives you ver little hours but they work with your schedule as much as possible it is usually a day job but you can work a night job as well. If you are a note taker you go in take notes give your notes to your student and go home.
Productive and many opportunities to learn
Audiovisual Assistant (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 10, 2017
Typically it is very slow so i d get enough time to work on computers and fixing any problems.
The work place is always calm and without any problems.
The hardest part of this job is always having an unclear expectancy of what problems may come up.
Higher education learning environment focused on meeting the needs of diverse learners
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  El Paso County, TXJuly 7, 2017
EPCC, El Paso Community College, provides a bridge to higher learning for many individuals in the El Paso area. The institution is sensitive to the many needs of the diverse population of the El Paso area, understanding that many of its students are first generation learners from low socioeconomic families. EPCC strives to meet these students' needs so that they transfer to a four year university or achieve their goals at the community college level.
Pros
Collaborative environment
Cons
Limited opportunities due to cutbacks
Great place to work in with an amazingly supportive staff.
Test Proctor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 21, 2017
During my time at EPCC I was treated with much respect and always in a fair manner. My supervisor was a great help in my training and co workers were always available to help if needed.
Productive and much learning
Student Note Taker and Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 2, 2017
Working at the El Paso Community College was a wonderful learning experience because it allowed me to learn plenty and help many different people while attending college,
Great Job
Administrative Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 1, 2017
This job is amazing great staff and instructors works with my school schedule. the job is challenging considering its a grant based job. we are constantly recruiting and need constant attention.
Great School
Note Taker (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 19, 2017
Its an amazing school overall the teachers are really helpful. The work environment is not hectic. Depends on your boss they allow you to work on homework if there's nothing to do at work.
Pros
fun enviorment
Cons
not enough hours
Fun workplace
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 15, 2017
Working environment was great and I appreciated all of the opportunities given to me. Working at EPCC gave me a chance to balance school, work and home life.
Learned
Work Study (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 7, 2017
Being a work study for EPCC was a very eye opening experience. I learned all the financial aid processes and college loan process.. The management was very helpful when it came to questions about your work.
Pros
co-workers / pay
INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TX 79912April 20, 2017
Lots of opportunities to teach at different campuses. College is well-run. Colleagues are supportive, but some tenured ignore adjunct faculty and won't help.
Lovely environment to work around.
Academic Tutor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 20, 2017
The tutoring department showed me the true meaning of working together as a community. Everyone helped each other to succeed as a team. I loved working there, I just wish I was offered a full time position.
Overall satisfactory
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 15, 2017
Great start off job and simple. I did do satisfactory in my job I took notes fast and clean. I made sure everything was perfect. The students were very welcoming
Pros
Meeting new people