El Paso Community College Employee Reviews

Educational and productive
Academic Tutor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TX 79915November 2, 2016
Work was very enjoyable and worked with a lot of students and staff.
Everyday was different which I like a diversity of experiences.
Pros
Free time
Cons
No benefits
Productive and Fun work environment
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 4, 2016
Great staff, who seek to help you grow in your career and in life. Days would include preparation and maintenance of lab equipment and supplies and travel between various campuses.
Great Work Enviroment
Instructional Service Center Technician (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 23, 2016
• Managed online storefront for all Instructional Service Centers in EPCC.
• Assisting manager in supervising and overseeing the Instructional Service Center at Mission del Paso campus
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities
Tideous job, but overall relaxed and friendly enviroment
Clerk 1 For the Department of Faculty Evaluations (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 25, 2016
I really liked my supervisor. She was very professional, and at the same time respectful of her employees needs. I was attending school while working there, so they accommodated my work schedule with my school schedule. When we were not busy I was allowed to do my homework. They want their employees to success in all aspect of their life.
Pros
Understanding and friendly supervisor
Intern with Academic Computing Services
ACS Intern (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 17, 2016
I enjoyed working here very much! Academic Computing Services is a good place to intern at if your particularly worried about your school schedule.

Since I was studying IT, they had me helping the students, faculty and other patrons of EPCC in the ACS computer labs. I was mostly assisting them with simple things like logging into the computer or logging into a certain site. At other times, I was helping them with homework that involved stuff like MS Word, Excel and Access. I also had to help out with basic maintenance of the lab, such as refilling printers.

The labs' supervisors were very friendly and flexible to your schedule. Co-workers were also very friendly and helpful.

There isn't much that was very hard about the job. There are some slow days (depending on what lab your assigned to), but other than that, it's mostly a laid back atmosphere.

The thing I enjoyed most about this job was seeing a happy patron after helping them. It's always nice to be needed and seen as helpful.
Pros
Flexible with schedule, laid back and friendly atmosphere
Cons
Unpaid Internship
Fun and educational place to work.
Lab Assistant III (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 1, 2016
Working at EPCC has been the greatest jobs I have had. My supervisor is a very compassionate man and working for him is challenging but very gratifying. His leadership is with dignity but firm.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Students can be challenging.
Great community college that helps students prepare for personal and professional goals
Adjunct Instructor of History (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 31, 2015
As educators, we have the ability to develop, adapt, and use our own teaching style, syllabus, assignments, media, technology, etc to prepare the students for their future goals in their personal and professional lives. Many of the students come into the college system with low skill levels, and once they graduate, most of the students have acquired a variety of skills: communicate both verbally and written; think critically; problem-solving; research various topics & write papers; time management; organization; computer literacy; internet literacy; knowledge acquisition & application; vocational skills.
After graduation, most of the students move on to a 4-yr college for more academic study, or they move into employment.
fun place to work at
Instructor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TX 79915November 15, 2016
Love working here but its a very political place to work at. To many things that play a factor in moving up. Love the fact that you get paid job training. Administration is not very fair.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
administration is unfair
Enjoy teaching
Instructor (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 2, 2016
The leadership at El Paso Community College is supportive. They encourage and motivate you to continue your classes. The down fall is not filling the classes every semester due to cost. Students are not able to afford the class.
Productive , easy to talk to ,
Operated audiovisual equipment as requested. (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 3, 2016
Friendly, Serious, I learn team work , I think the hardest part is when I speak because my pronunciation is not as fine as I would like to. the hardest part again I think is the way my pronunciation sounds but still I try , the most enjoyable part of the job is customer satisfaction and the smile they gave us about the job we have done.
Pros
Easy to talk to, friendly, and help those who need it most.
Cons
My english pronunciation. I think once I dominate that I'll be fine
Excellent benefits
Administrative Associate (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 11, 2016
Great career opportunity, lots of great people. Close to every side of town, very family oriented. Very student oriented, will make sure everyone is treated in a fair and respectable manner.
Educating students
Culinary Arts Instructor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 25, 2016
Working a few days a week due to class days and times. Teaching students different techniques and assisting them when they are completing the task on there own. Seeing the students understand what I am teaching them is enjoyment to me. Staff was very friendly and helpful when i was there.
Great environment
math tutor (Former Employee) –  el pasoJune 6, 2016
Great environment with a understanding staff and great satisfaction working with students. The pay was not great but the experience evened out.
Pros
laid back environment
Cons
low pay
Second job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 11, 2016
I was at school and working at EPCC back then. Was a great job , it was a work study job , did not pay that good back then, but I loved it . Supervisor was good to me.
Great
ESL Instructor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 13, 2016
Great info/service / personal
experience skills and up to date skills.
Great working environment. co-workers are professional. Hardest teaching 29 students in one classroom. the most enjoyable multicultural
fun to work
Student Technology Services (STS) (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 12, 2016
office environment very nice people are friendly, most of all you learn!
maybe you can get your foot in the door up to yourself.
This was a wonderful and fulfilling job.
Academic Tutor English/Writing (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 8, 2015
Tutoring is a great way to meet new and interesting people. While working at the Writing Center at El Paso Community College, I received he opportunity to work with students and strengthen my own academic skills. I often helped students brainstorm ideas and prepare to organize and complete writing assignments. I also edited completed assignments for errors in formatting, organization, spelling, punctuation, and grammar. I got along extremely well with the students, my co-workers, and my supervisor. Working as a tutor was a rewarding experience and probably one of the best jobs I have ever had.
Pros
It was a very comfortable working environment, and I got the opportunity to meet and interact with many wonderful people.
Cons
There were no employee benefits and infrequent, small pay raises.
Really Good Place to work Family enviroment
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 19, 2016
I love to work in this College The people in the computer lab Is the most wonderfull people to work, There cain,helpfull they teach you the all they know and all they can.
I already submitted a review for this
Mathematics Professor (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 9, 2016
Great place to teach mathematics and also there are only few meetings and the students are great. I taught mathematics and always felt comfortable with the work ethics here
All facilities and services are working in an excellent condition.
Instructor (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 9, 2016
I think, it is great experience at this college. Days of work are vary depend on the semester, the students and the classes need. There are several teaching modern methods that add a lot to the students output. All of the co workers are working as one team. You could consider all of the time is nice environment.

4.4