El Paso Corporation Employee Reviews

Good Work/Life Balance
Senior Legal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 16, 2017
Excellent benefits for employees, i.e. work out room/showers/lockers on site
Membership to local YMCA
Supported local charities and employees participation
Flexibility to adjust employee schedules if needed
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
Company sold - no longer in business
Nice place to work until management changed
Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 8, 2017
El Paso was a nice place to work. The work culture was good. There were good people there. The work itself was challenging. I would've stayed a few more years, had it not been for the new Tax Director. Horrible leader.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
Bad manager came in
Cool
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2017
I worked here as a intern and it was a great experience to work there. I earned a lot and never felt like my time was wasted. the management was great and helpful and funny but everyone always worked
Pros
free lunches, nice staff
Cons
i was only a internship, without a degree you basically can't work there
Company Buy Out 2012
Cost Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasApril 14, 2017
This company had very productive employees from all backgrounds from different parts of the country. All were split up to compete in the Oil & Gas industry.
Pros
Environment was like family.
Cons
Healthcare benefits were not competitive.
El Paso had a doctor on staff and a work out area with trained fitness people to help achieve what you want
436 department lead. Checker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 8, 2017
This was a great place to work. Very laid back and not demanding very much of your time. Convenient location, close to restaurants. If you take public transportation, the bus drops you off right in front of the building.
Pros
You get a travel allowance to help with your commute
Cons
I can't think of a single one
El Paso strived for improvement and training/education for employees
Principal Accountant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 16, 2017
Working as a salary employee my work weeks ranged from 43 to 46 hours a week depending on work load or projects.

El Paso was awesome in providing in-house courses for employee improvement, such as classes in excel, word, writing courses, etc.

Management had open door policy and easy to approach if you had issues or problems that needed to be addressed.

Co-workers were easy to work with and we were all team players.

Keeping up with changes to systems in order to improve efficiencies.

I enjoyed my job due to the challenges it brought and always something new.
Pros
Employee benefits and in-house courses for employee improvement
Cons
Came to an end when acquired by Kinder Morgan
Discipline Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 12, 2016
I worked for El Paso first a contractor, then as a permanent employee. I worked with many good people who were eager to do a good job and to see themselves and the company succeed. S spirit of commaraderie and teamwork permeated under my director.
El Paso Corporation was a wonderful place to work.
Project Coordinator - Cost Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 11, 2016
El Paso Corporation was a wonderful company, and a wonderful place to work. A good company, good to customers, good to employees, good to neighbors!
Pros
great work life balance, great community and volunteer partner
Cons
merger
Good place to work.
Associate Cross-Functional Technician (Former Employee) –  Mocane, OKDecember 26, 2015
Good hours, flexible on-call schedule, state-of-the-art company training, good pay and benefit package, good respectable management.
Business Process Analyst, Pipeline Risk Group (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 15, 2015
Great opportunities until Kinder took over.
I saw a lot of great people leaving the company.
Great Location downtown, the bus routes are just outside the front door....if you like riding the bus to work.
Monthly buss fares only partly subsidized.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Building construction
Productive place
Lead Principal IT Analyst/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 1, 2014
Collaborates with IT Leaders and Business Partners, provide project management oversight and expertise in project scoping, estimating, budgeting, resourcing, scheduling, and execution management. Manage a wide range of uncertainties through effective, proactive risk management. Manages stakeholder relationship, manages complex multifunction and/ or global relationships with stakeholder
Great company to work for
Associate Accountant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 22, 2014
Excellent company to work for. Room for advancement. Worked independently , you were trained on your job and not micro managed. They had confidence that you were there to work. You had your responsibilities and they expected you to do them.
Productive and enjoyable
Senior Field Administrator (Former Employee) –  Raton, NMJanuary 3, 2014
I wore many hats at this job and helped set up this new operation in the Raton Basin. I enjoyed being a liaison and "go to" person with contractors, employees and our corporate office.

There were lots of challenges getting wells permitted in a timely basis, but it was gratifying to see them completed and on production while everyone was safe and the reclamation job was complete.

The wildlife and scenery in this area made it a pleasure to see and work in this type of environment.
Senior Information Technology Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 16, 2013
Thank you for the great opportunity to work there. The work life balance was among the best and management was there to completely support you.
Project Management and Web Experience
Project Manager/Architect (Former Employee) –  houston, txSeptember 17, 2013
I designed and managed a Web project. It was a multi year project. I managed Framework development team, Conducted requirement gathering sessions and managed team from analysis till software shipment to the business users.
very good company for work/life balance
Inventory Specialist of Supply Chain Management (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 15, 2013
very good company to work for with great pay
]work life balance
benefits, great supervise, great holiday pay, big bonuses, good at recognition
Pros
everything
Cons
good company to work for
Network Engineer / Technologist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 25, 2013
Great company when I started with them but they got into issues do to their stocks prices

NOw it is part of Kinder Morgan, a great cpmany that I hope all the past issues are gone
Best place to be.
Bravo Pilot Load Project (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 24, 2013
The people within the departments were happy that I was eager to learn.
Productive place that really follows a core mission
Landman Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 27, 2012
El Paso at the time really stuck to their guns and grow at a modest pace. However, they essentially made sure that they were mistake free and that their employees were protected.
Strong Team/Employee oriented work place
Sr O&M Planner (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs - Nation WideOctober 25, 2012
12 hr days including some weekends.
Was able to build strong interpersonal skills while training and coaching employees. Developed strong situational skills.
Worked with management and subordinates to achieve company goals. The hardest part of the job was taking multiple opinions and views and alligning them with each other. The best part of the job, working in a team environment while coaching and training other employees.
Pros
strong family and team environment
Cons
60 - 80 hour work week