El Paso Corporation Employee Review

View all El Paso Corporation reviews

Productive and enjoyable
Senior Field Administrator (Former Employee) –  Raton, NMJanuary 3, 2014
I wore many hats at this job and helped set up this new operation in the Raton Basin. I enjoyed being a liaison and "go to" person with contractors, employees and our corporate office.

There were lots of challenges getting wells permitted in a timely basis, but it was gratifying to see them completed and on production while everyone was safe and the reclamation job was complete.

The wildlife and scenery in this area made it a pleasure to see and work in this type of environment.

Other El Paso Corporation Employee Reviews

Excellent Company for many years failed to succeed due to bad business practices.
Manager, Public Relations (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 11, 2017
El Paso was a leading-edge oil and gas company in the Houston, Texas area for many years. I enjoyed the culture and the fast-paced work life. I had the opportunity to travel to many of our locations, and to meet many of the people who were committed to the success of the company.

I managed a group within Public Relations. Our responsibilities included developing executive presentations, managing the corporate Internet and Intranet sites (corporate and individual pipeline company sites), and managing the company photo and video studio and archives.

The most difficult part of the job was adjusting to the long hours and weekends. Our presentation support group worked through the night frequently to support executives. My favorite part of the job was that our group worked well together, and we enjoyed celebrating and socializing when a difficult project was completed successfully.
Pros
Dedicated employees
Cons
Executive leadership turnover
Good Work/Life Balance
Senior Legal Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 16, 2017
Excellent benefits for employees, i.e. work out room/showers/lockers on site
Membership to local YMCA
Supported local charities and employees participation
Flexibility to adjust employee schedules if needed
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
Company sold - no longer in business