El Paso Corporation Employee Reviews

Very productive and fun workplace
Drafter, Document Management, GIS (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 10, 2012
Here I gained skills in document management and pipeline drafting. Management was great here and so were my co-workers. Very helpful indeed. The hardest part of this job was leaving due to the company's relocation to Houston.
Great place to work, when it was EPNG
Senior Chemist (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 31, 2012
Best position I ever had and a true career. After merger with Coastal (TGP), environment changed and destroyed teamwork that always existed. Politics began the norm (east vs west) with new management - sad situation from a once great place to work!
Pros
pay, benefits, travel, bonuses and colleagues
Cons
poor management after merger
Great place to work, multi job opportunities
Senior Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 21, 2012
I enjoyed working at El Paso and with the team of people in the group.

We were the in house ad agency and everyday was something new. One of the best things I liked was working directly for the VP of Communications and Community Relations. He and I bounced ideas off each other and it was a good experience. One of the hard parts of the job included being to only graphic designer for the company made for a fast pace.

The most enjoyable part over all would be the variety of projects.
Pros
flex hours
Cons
the commute
Good company, good hours
Transportation Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 13, 2012
El Paso was a great company to work for. Some of the work got repetitive after awhile, but the people were good and the pay was good too. Definitely a good company to work for.
Rewarding place to work with a great work/life balance
Associate Analyst (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 31, 2012
I would have to say this was the best place I have ever worked. The work was rewarding and hard at times, but the company believed in making it enjoyable for their employees.
Pros
great work/life balance, flex time. company believed in hard work along with fun time.
Cons
training was lacking sometimes.
ElPaso is a very good company to work for.
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 26, 2012
ElPaso is a very good company. had alot to offer. Offer training for employees.. Work life balance was very good. Not alot of overtime.
Pros
company gym
Principal Risk and Asset Management; Real Time Trader
Principal Enterprise Risk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2012
Analytics, risk management and trading... all things that challenge and I enjoy. Real Time trading shift work, tough schedule
Company was good to employees
Associate Analyst (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 29, 2012
El Paso Corporation was a great corporation to work for good to their employees and community, however, was recently bought out in May 2012 by Kinder Morgan. I have not had experience working with KMI.
Pros
benefits, community assistance, health assistance
Productive and enjoyable workplace with excellent company vaules
Safety and Health Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 2, 2012
Reviewing and editingsafety department's incident tracking database. Maintaing inventory of department safety video library. Organizing training sessions of safety regulations. I've learned crisis management skills, inventory management skills, account management skills, project management skills, and information technology skills. The enjoyalbe part of the job is working with co-workers.
Pros
great work environment, great management team, good company vaules
The Place to Work
Sr. Business Process Analyst/Security Admin (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 25, 2012
El Paso prided itself on being the place to work. They provided an outstanding work/life balance and great benefits including a fitness center and an onsite Health Office. There was great incentive for health maintenance and safety. They really cared about their employees.

Career advancement was slow paced, but opportunities for lateral movement was plentiful.
Watchout!
technician (Former Employee) –  new mexicoMay 24, 2012
EPNG was taken over today by Kinder Morgan. Layoffs are expected everywhere. All of the perks that EPNG had will be gone in 30 days, as Kinder morgan strips EPNG down to the bones. Check the Kinder Morgan website for proof of their taking over EPNG. God have mercy on the employes of both outfits.
Pros
used to be epng with great benifits
Cons
now kinder morgan, next month just a carcus in the trashpile
Progressive Natural Gas Pipeline Company
Cross Functional Technician (Former Employee) –  Agawam, MAMay 9, 2012
I worked for the northeast division of El Paso Corporation (Tennessee Gas Pipeline) and was a very happy employee. Job definition and security are excellent and everyone works as a team member. I left only to move with my wife to a warmer climate in Arizona.
Pros
little micro-management
Cons
great employer
It is a great company with great employees!!!!
Administrative Assistant/Contractor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 24, 2012
I have been a contractor for this company for 10 years in the Health Services department. I met a lot of great, and hardworking people doing those years. The company is an overall caring company with intergrity as one of its prorities. To take ownership of your job, and do it well.
Great place
Pipeline Engineer - Pipeline Integrity Group (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 15, 2012
I love working for El Paso however the company was brought by Kinder Morgan so we will see how that goes for the future
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no cons
I was employed with Tenneco when El Paso acquired the company. I worked El Paso eight years.
Sr. Analyst/Procurement (Former Employee) –  Downtown Houston, TexasOctober 5, 2011
Good company to learn oil and gas process. Company also has an environment to balance personal and work situations.
Pros
work out facility provided for employee., provide discount to park and ride employees.