El Paso Corporation

El Paso Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and enjoyable workplace with excellent company vaules
Safety and Health Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 2, 2012
Reviewing and editingsafety department's incident tracking database. Maintaing inventory of department safety video library. Organizing training sessions of safety regulations. I've learned crisis management skills, inventory management skills, account management skills, project management skills, and information technology skills. The enjoyalbe part of the job is working with co-workers.
Pros
great work environment, great management team, good company vaules
The Place to Work
Sr. Business Process Analyst/Security Admin (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 25, 2012
El Paso prided itself on being the place to work. They provided an outstanding work/life balance and great benefits including a fitness center and an onsite Health Office. There was great incentive for health maintenance and safety. They really cared about their employees.

Career advancement was slow paced, but opportunities for lateral movement was plentiful.
Watchout!
technician (Former Employee) –  new mexicoMay 24, 2012
EPNG was taken over today by Kinder Morgan. Layoffs are expected everywhere. All of the perks that EPNG had will be gone in 30 days, as Kinder morgan strips EPNG down to the bones. Check the Kinder Morgan website for proof of their taking over EPNG. God have mercy on the employes of both outfits.
Pros
used to be epng with great benifits
Cons
now kinder morgan, next month just a carcus in the trashpile
Progressive Natural Gas Pipeline Company
Cross Functional Technician (Former Employee) –  Agawam, MAMay 9, 2012
I worked for the northeast division of El Paso Corporation (Tennessee Gas Pipeline) and was a very happy employee. Job definition and security are excellent and everyone works as a team member. I left only to move with my wife to a warmer climate in Arizona.
Pros
little micro-management
Cons
great employer
It is a great company with great employees!!!!
Administrative Assistant/Contractor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 24, 2012
I have been a contractor for this company for 10 years in the Health Services department. I met a lot of great, and hardworking people doing those years. The company is an overall caring company with intergrity as one of its prorities. To take ownership of your job, and do it well.
Great place
Pipeline Engineer - Pipeline Integrity Group (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 15, 2012
I love working for El Paso however the company was brought by Kinder Morgan so we will see how that goes for the future
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no cons
I was employed with Tenneco when El Paso acquired the company. I worked El Paso eight years.
Sr. Analyst/Procurement (Former Employee) –  Downtown Houston, TexasOctober 5, 2011
Good company to learn oil and gas process. Company also has an environment to balance personal and work situations.
Pros
work out facility provided for employee., provide discount to park and ride employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at El Paso Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.7