El Paso County Employee Reviews

Moral and Law Enforcement hatred
Deputy Sheriff (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 2, 2017
Very stressful and taxing on you mentally, physically and emotionally. In the corrections setting, safety is a number one concern. The tools we are given to utilize fail constantly and radio's if needed to call for emergency assistance fail more than half of the time.
Pros
Salary, ability to rehabilitate offenders to change their life in a positive way.
Cons
No breaks; bathroom or lunch.
Waist of time unless you know someone who works there
Never was privileged to have one (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 7, 2017
I spent countless hours and money on official transcripts each time I applied I was required to submit official transcripts, they refused to reuse them. After face to face interviews, stellar references, I was never considered a "qualified" candidate.
Pros
Cons
Good ole boy system
County of El Paso
Bid Information Coordinator (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 8, 2017
It was a job!! The elected officials were extremely difficult to work with and for. The job was political and there was no way to voice your option. No room for advancement
Pros
It was a job
Cons
Politics
Maintence worker 1
Maintenance Worker I (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 17, 2016
Dealt with a lot of racism went to upper management and nothing got done pay sucks. People are fake room for advancement is minimal it's all about who u know not what u know
Pros
Stability
Cons
Horrible place to work
good place
Driver/Flagger (Former Employee) –  Colo Spgs, COAugust 12, 2016
learn a lot good place to work but the management and supervisor
does not care will not follow though on assignments will disappear
for hours was driving by at the yard seen then out back bbq they seen me an and wrote me up for breaking route in which the truck broke down and the mechanic is the one that towed me in
Pros
good work place
Cons
bad management
Flagger/Labor
Temporary Flagger/laborer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 17, 2016
Enjoyed the work, helped keep the work zone safe. Learned different types of work. The employees are very friendly and helpful. I was recognized for the work i have done.
Pros
Good work place
Great Workplace
Parks and Recreation (Former Employee) –  ElpasoJuly 12, 2016
A Typical Day Of Work Was Normal Is Was A Easy Job Directing Cars And Answering Questions From The Drivers. I Learned That You Have To Be Focused And Watch Your Surroundings. My Management Was Great He Checked On Us Every Couple Hours My Co-Workers Made Great Decisions When We Traded Out From Break And I Had 2 Leading Co-Workers That Put Us In Certain Spots.The Hardest Part Of The Job Was Dealing With Drivers Who Had Attitudes. The Most Enjoyable Part Of The Job Was Having Great Conversations With The Drivers Who Were Curious About Things.
Pros
We Had 30 Minute Breaks Atleast Twice A Day.
Cons
Standing In Hot Weather .
Okay
Office of the Guardian Ad Litem (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 17, 2016
It was government work. I enjoyed helping children, but the compensation was not the best. I did have excellent health insurance and worked with great people.
Court Clerk (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 4, 2016
Overall a good company. Needs improvement on some areas, regarding leadership and management. But the benefits are great and the pay is OK
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Na
Intermediate specialist (Former Employee) –  Provincia de PichinchaJuly 27, 2016
It is a hostile environment, with high turn over, or many people being terminated. Everyone is walking on egg shells except for the upper management. In my department it was very inconsistent, and there was favoritism. My supervisor was very difficult to work with, and had many personalities throughout the day.
Great benefits and salary is good.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO 80903June 15, 2016
Great benefits, but some of the people who work there need better customer service. I personally witnessed some of my co-workers be rude to some of the clients, and some were judgmental.
Benefits
Cons
Some co-workers are rude
Love working
Special Events Coordinator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calhan, COJuly 27, 2016
Always love working here. Such a great environment with amazing people. Managers are always friendly. Your co-workers are really nice as well.
Not a bad place
GIS Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 20, 2016
People are nice. Slow work, not very stressful. Low pay. Not much room for advancement, so be prepared to stay in the same position for a long while.
Temp
Election Clerk (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 6, 2016
Temporary. Long hours. Stress. Unfriendly staff. Angry customers. No benefits. Nice environment. Nice office. Thats about it. That's about it.
El Paso is great
Lifeguard Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 1, 2016
Great location to start as a young teenager, allowed me to become a responsible teen and member of society. Allowed to increase my mentality and work ethic young and allowed to me become more aware
Enjoyed job, not management
County Clerk (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 6, 2015
The job was great, the pay was acceptable, but the management was terrible. They were very lazy and their expectations were unrealistic. When I was hired on, i explained to them that I did not speak Spanish but I could, however, understand it. After a few months of working there, they finally realized what I had told them and expected me to learn how to speak Spanish fluently in less than 2 weeks.
Excellent Management
Deputy Public Trustee (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 9, 2015
Management was able to take a staff of 20 down to a staff of 7 by streamlining the Foreclosure process. The job required attention to detail and a lot of time management. This was a multi tasked position which was very invigorating.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Establshed and educational
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, ColoradoMay 29, 2012
Taking care of several county buildings opened up a field of learning with old equipment and new alike. Learning the perimeters in tempurature ranges was a learning experience. Repair, service, and replacement, were all inclusive to this position. The members of the crew all worked together providing a great teamwork experience. Management would become a little political at times but was there to provide the ability of customer satisfaction.
Pros
training, teamwork
Cons
political
Nice place to work and came away with a lot of knowledge.
Records Technician I (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 13, 2012
A typical day at work consisted of scanning and indexing medical files from The Criminal Justice Center. Pulling, preparing and delivering files to different departments within the County and then refiling files and filing inserts as they came in. Scanning and indexing sheriff's reports. I learned more about the filing side of the job, how complex it is and making sure everything is goes exactly where it needs to be.

Management and co-workers at the job were nice. The hardest part of the job was the weight of the boxes that we stored. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know different people in the different departments of the County.
Pros
the different people in the different parts of the county.
Cons
weight of the boxes.
Nice place to work
Case Services Aide (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 22, 2015
Mangers are great. Very busy. Lots of interaction with the clients. I've learned team work. All my co-workers are very easy to get along with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at El Paso County. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8