El Paso County Employee Reviews

Work Environment
PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST II (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 21, 2017
People and manager were nice to work with. The hardest part of the job was that it was to bureaucratic. It would take weeks to process one requisition into a contract or purchase order. Moreover, the pay the pay was extremely low for the work accomplished.
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
To many hurdles to jump to complete task
Horrible Management
Deputy Sheriff (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 1, 2017
The Sheriff's Office is an absolutely horrible environment to work in. From the job itself to the way it is managed is just aweful. This place will take years off of your life. I never felt so liberated as I did the day I left this place.
Court Coordinator Temp (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 31, 2017
Nice to work for friendly people that care about their employees. There is good job security and good health benefits. The holiday pay is also a great benefit.
Great Place
Deputy Sheriff (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 26, 2017
Great place to work. Family couldn't handle the hours of graveyard. Had to leave as they were having an extremely hard time dealing with not being home or being asleep during the day.
great place to work
seasonal park maintenance (Former Employee) –  ColoradoOctober 13, 2017
great group of guys that all have a great outlook on the job. really enjoyed being able to be outdoors in the nice weather and having the oppertunity interact with people enjoying a beautiful park.
Pros
outdoors in nice weather
Cons
occasional manual labour(digging up sprinkler lines)
Great place great people
Parks department (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 30, 2017
long rewarding days. learned teamwork. Management clear and concise. Team environment. Constantly doing different things and a lot of walking. Awesome.
Pros
pride in what you do. teamwork
Cons
seasonal position would like to continue my career with el paso county in any form
quick paced challenging environment
EMERGENCY SERVICES DISPATCHER (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 23, 2017
I found this job to be extremely challenging but worth it. You learn a lot. the management is awesome and always looking to help you succeed. The program is broken down into sections to help you master each portion. The hardest part of the job is mastering it. The most enjoyable part of the job is the family atmosphere.
not enough hours
Custodian (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 17, 2017
not enough hours, they keep you part time to avoid the whole insurance and benefits parts, custodian supervisors are great but the rest of the county employees do not treat the custodian staff nicely
geart
Deputy Registrar (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 17, 2017
great place love working here, great hours and easy parking, weekends off and must holidays. love it here in Colorado springs great company to work for
County of El Paso
Bid Information Coordinator (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 8, 2017
It was a job!! The elected officials were extremely difficult to work with and for. The job was political and there was no way to voice your option. No room for advancement
Pros
It was a job
Cons
Politics
Court Clerk (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 14, 2017
The environment, pay and benefits are great. Wonderful place to grow and learn different positions are available if the opportunity is provided.
Waist of time unless you know someone who works there
Never was privileged to have one (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 7, 2017
I spent countless hours and money on official transcripts each time I applied I was required to submit official transcripts, they refused to reuse them. After face to face interviews, stellar references, I was never considered a "qualified" candidate.
Pros
Cons
Good ole boy system
Moral and Law Enforcement hatred
Deputy Sheriff (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 2, 2017
Very stressful and taxing on you mentally, physically and emotionally. In the corrections setting, safety is a number one concern. The tools we are given to utilize fail constantly and radio's if needed to call for emergency assistance fail more than half of the time.
Pros
Salary, ability to rehabilitate offenders to change their life in a positive way.
Cons
No breaks; bathroom or lunch.
Okay
Office of the Guardian Ad Litem (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 17, 2016
It was government work. I enjoyed helping children, but the compensation was not the best. I did have excellent health insurance and worked with great people.
Maintence worker 1
Maintenance Worker I (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 17, 2016
Dealt with a lot of racism went to upper management and nothing got done pay sucks. People are fake room for advancement is minimal it's all about who u know not what u know
Pros
Stability
Cons
Horrible place to work
Flagger/Labor
Temporary Flagger/laborer (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 17, 2016
Enjoyed the work, helped keep the work zone safe. Learned different types of work. The employees are very friendly and helpful. I was recognized for the work i have done.
Pros
Good work place
Court Clerk (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 4, 2016
Overall a good company. Needs improvement on some areas, regarding leadership and management. But the benefits are great and the pay is OK
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not much room for advancement
good place
Driver/Flagger (Former Employee) –  Colo Spgs, COAugust 12, 2016
learn a lot good place to work but the management and supervisor
does not care will not follow though on assignments will disappear
for hours was driving by at the yard seen then out back bbq they seen me an and wrote me up for breaking route in which the truck broke down and the mechanic is the one that towed me in
Pros
good work place
Cons
bad management
Love working
Special Events Coordinator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calhan, COJuly 27, 2016
Always love working here. Such a great environment with amazing people. Managers are always friendly. Your co-workers are really nice as well.
Na
Intermediate specialist (Former Employee) –  Provincia de PichinchaJuly 27, 2016
It is a hostile environment, with high turn over, or many people being terminated. Everyone is walking on egg shells except for the upper management. In my department it was very inconsistent, and there was favoritism. My supervisor was very difficult to work with, and had many personalities throughout the day.