El Pollo Loco

El Pollo Loco Employee Reviews

fun
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), californiaMay 27, 2015
I had a really fun and interesting time there. Enjoyed my co-workers we all worked as a great team. I learned how to be a great leader..
Great Work Experience
Cashier (Former Employee), 2727 Carson St.Lakewood Ca 90712May 25, 2015
Pros: 50% off lunches
Cons: Staying a little late to complete work
I loved working for this company
All staff was friendly and great to work with
manager was always able to help
hardest part was cleaning food machines like soda machines
most enjoyable part of the job was realizing the great teamwork everyone participated in !
Drive thru
Cashier (Former Employee), Ontario, CAMay 13, 2015
I enjoyed cashier i just love meeting and talking to customers and making sure they got what they needed drive thru was challenging but when we worked as a team everything went well.
A very busy and productive place.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Riverside, CAMay 8, 2015
Pros: Free drinks
Cons: Not good health benefits
Everyday is a very busy day at work. I've learned how to deal with angry people. The management is not the best, it could be better. I work with hard working people. The hardest part of working at Pollo Loco is running out of thingS. Working as a team is definitely the most enjoyable part of this job.
Great Compaby to start off in and even make a career out of.
Cashier (Current Employee), Hacienda Heights CA, 91748April 27, 2015
Great company to work. Will work with your schedule and the employees there are awesome to work with. Every shift is an opportunity to show your customer service expertise.
managers
Cashier (Former Employee), Torrance, CAApril 24, 2015
Mangers take sides and have favorites and give more slack to other employees and I don't think it is fair work is supposed to be business not do what ever you want time
Fast pace and friendly working environment .
Cashier (Current Employee), CaliforniaApril 22, 2015
Working at El Pollo Loco is challenging. I would start my shift by making sure our dinning area was clean and that our salsa bar was fully stocked. After that I would start as a cashier and help pack the food to take out to customers. It is very fast pace. The manager was nice but the schedules always changed and some days I would only work for two hours. The hardest part of the job was not being able to put in more hours. I felt as if the manager at times played favorites. However, the customers made my job easier. We have customers that come regularly and they are so kind. I loved interacting with them and coming into contact with so many different personalities.
For my fist job, it was great
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Henderson, NVApril 17, 2015
When I went back to school my manager was really flexible with my schedule. Everyone was really hard working and we had a fun time while working.
Cashier duties
Cashier (Former Employee), La Verne, CAApril 13, 2015
Typical day included the following: processing orders, taking payments, putting together orders, distributing orders, cleaning tables, and assisting with Drive-Thru.
Good job to ahave if in highschool or its your first
Cashier and Food Prep (Current Employee), Hawthorne, CAApril 8, 2015
I was able to get communication and interacting skills from el pollo loco. I was able to learn cash handling/registers and food preparations skills. I was not able to grow because of the company not promoting advancements
Productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Salinas, CAMarch 30, 2015
Great company to work for. I learned a lot of great skills from this company. I really enjoyed the workplace. I enjoyed working with the customers.
Great place to pick up customer experience.
Cashier (Former Employee), 17307 Crenshaw Blvd Torrance, CA 90505March 27, 2015
Fun place to work in. Picked up great experience. Learned how to manage my time.The most enjoyable part of the job was the customer interaction.
wasnt a fun place to work
Employee (Former Employee), San Marcos, CAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: the job itself
I felt like i was taken advantage of, i felt like i was singled out treated differently cause i didnt speak spanish. it was not a fun place to work at.
Productive place with fast paced /comfortable working.
Cashier (Current Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: 50% discount on meals.
Cons: Standing at all times can get exhausting.
My day starts off at work by being greeted by my co-workers with a great smile. I have learned many skills to improve my negotiation, teamwork, and problem solving skills. It is difficult having unhappy customers, but accomplishing happiness fixing their problem satifies me with great joy at the end of my day.
Productive day at work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Torrance, CAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: i cant always be in two places at once
Cons: patient with doing one thing at a time
Go in 30 mintues early to set up daily task.
I learned the right Temperture of food.
Manage time doing each task.
Co worker are fun they are my second family.
The hardest part of my job is that I cant be at two places at once.
Most enjoyable part is assisting customers and making them smile.
Busy Busy
Cashier (Former Employee), Brea, CAFebruary 28, 2015
A typical day was beyond busy, I learned a lot as it was my first job how to operate register, customer service, and even some prep. The hardest part was getting food out quickly as it was always busy. The most enjoyable part would be the coworkers and the bond we all had to keep each other working hard and make it through the day.
great place
COLD / HOT PREP/ BURRITO PERSON (Current Employee), Moreno Valley, CAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: good food
great place to work. great people, managers. sometimes is so busy you just want to quit but when is over you just love it. if you are looking for a job this is the place.
Very fast past, Irvine location had friendly customers
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Irvine, CAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: discounted lunches, multiple tasks
Cons: healthcare, short schedules
Working at El Pollo loco was a fun and fast place to work at, I loved it because they always kept you busy. It was not acceptable to stand there ( that's what breaks are for ) which was alright with me because there was always something to do. The management was extremely friendly and funny, She was our shift leader. The manager was hardly there but reason for that was because she needed to go to different El Pollo Loco's to maintain and manage the other restaurants. The hardest part of the job I must say is closing, and drive threw. Closing had many task involved, we had to make sure that EVERYTHING was clean all the trash was thrown away, we also had to take apart the warming stove and sweep/ mop the whole restaurant and get equipment ready for the next day. Drive threw was tough also, in fast food restaurants that section is first priority and we were timed also in that case we needed to keep up tempo otherwise we'd get in trouble by the person that is in charge because there is a machine that records our time for each car that pull into the drive threw. The most enjoyable part about working there is having fun with the co workers and customers, having conversation and helping each other out.
Productive Day
Cashier (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAFebruary 11, 2015
When lunch hours arrive it becomes very busy which I like due to the fact it keeps me busy and in work mode. However I have learned to become very patient with customers. The hardest part of the job is when it becomes overly busy and sometimes we run out of product so we have to compensate for that or if we get rude customers it can sometimes be hard help them but I manage very well to work with customers who are rude.
Productive place to work
Cashier (Current Employee), Riverside, CAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: half off on 2 lunches
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work would be dealing with customers that would not be at eased. Delivering orders in a timely manner, maintaining the lobby and work stations clean. I learned that sometimes when you try calming down a patient as much as you try, they get even more upset, so instead it's just better for them to get whatever they desire. The co-workers are very friendly. everyone helps each other out. The hardest part of the job would have to be when they put me to be as a cashier and drive thru at the same time, due to the fact that other employees arrive late. The most enjoyable part of the job would be my customers that come in just so I could take their order and knowing that they are pleased with my service, but also assuring that the customers leave the restaurant happy.

1 2 3 4 5

About El Pollo Loco

At El Pollo Loco, pronounced “L Po-yo Lo-co” and Spanish for “The Crazy Chicken,” we go to crazy lengths – Read more

El Pollo Loco Salaries