El Pollo Loco Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and coworkers are all really fun to be around
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 25, 2016
Overall, I enjoyed working for Pollo Loco because everyone I met was really friendly. I learned to be more alert and work fast because the job requires you to multi-task and be a fast-paced worker. My managers were all very nice and friendly. The hardest part of the job was probably learning to multi-task in a fast manner, but with practice it becomes easier everytime. What I mostly enjoyed about my job was working alongside other hard-working people and getting to know them.
Pros
food discounts!
Working behind the register
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAJune 15, 2016
Being a cashier for a couple months was tough but fun. Wiping down tables was not all that bad I actually sort of enjoyed that part. The standing part was really hard on me all though the people were cool.
Pros
Free Burritos
Cons
Standing all day
an overall good job.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CAJune 4, 2016
A typical day was pretty busy but manageable. I learned how to multitask and take lead when necessary. Management could have been extremely better. Incidents that occurred went unsolved or improperly solved. Co-workers were extremely helpful.
productive
cashier (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAJune 3, 2016
everyone was very friendly and willing to help while I was training the managers were very helpful. Working there gave me a feel of what a fast paced work environment was like.
Fast-paced and environment-friendly workplace.
Front end cashier (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 30, 2016
Everyday is a busy day at work. I serve all customers with a great smile, excellent customer service, fast and accurate computation of transactions.

I enjoy giving the best service to the customers. My manager is a respectable person to work with.

Great team performance.
Pros
big lunch discounts
Cons
short breaks
decent job
Cashier, Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAMay 28, 2016
My day starts with getting everything ready for my shift. I am back and fourth inside the restaurant from working the cash register and taking orders to being in the kitchen preparing food. The one thing I learned from management was to always be on top of your game and work hard. The hardest part of the job was trying to finish everything an hour after we closed. The most enjoyable part would be meeting new customers and seeing regulars.
Pros
the customers
Cons
little hours and not good pay
fast-pace working field.
Cashier, Drive-in, Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 27, 2016
At Pollo Loco I wasn't able to enhance my working ability. I always felt that my manager wanted me to learn the procedures and qualifications extremely quickly. Which I believe is unfair, it was my first time in a working environment. However the job did keep me busy and I learned to communicate and help out customers efficiently.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
I didn't receive good hours.
Mediocre management
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAMay 25, 2016
A typical day was long and understaffed. Management was decent for the first few months. I learned how to handle all kinds of customers. The managers were mostly great but the head manger was dictator-like. Co-workers were manageable on the daily. Picking up the slack from co-workers was the hardest part of the job. The food was the only enjoyable part.
Pros
Food
Cons
No management supervision, little to no team work
Fast Paced, Customer Service Friendly and Responsibility.
COOK (TEAM LEADER) (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CAMay 23, 2016
At this job I have learned to be responsible with completing all my duties and tasks. I have learned to work as a team and with my experience also as cashier, I am able to teach my co-workers to be responsible, fast paced and customer service friendly.
Pros
Healthy food.
Cons
Part time.
Multiple opportunities to learn and fun workplace.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAMay 19, 2016
A typical day at work for me would be opening and getting everything organized in the drive-thru for the day. I learned how to be able to multitask. The management was very kind and was open to hearing everyone out and making sure everyone was happy. My co-workers were really amazing to work with. We always helped each other out. The hardest part about the job was having to manage the drive-thru responsibilities as well as in the front. What I enjoyed most was being able to work with my friends.
Not a good environment
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 16, 2016
Hectic to work in. Top management is not very helpful. Training is rushed and not done well. Would not recommend working at this company.
Pros
50% off meals, free for managers
Fun workplace
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAMay 16, 2016
El Pollo Loco is a fast-paced environment that allows room for entry-level applicants to grow and succeed. The workplace is made up of a team that relies on each other to achieve the daily goal.
cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gilroy, CAMay 15, 2016
Management didnt know what it was doing. Training was bad and didnt explain much of how things worked and expected you to just figure it out.
fast paced enviorment, fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Manteca, CAMay 14, 2016
Working at El Pollo Loco for the past year and a half ive learned to work with customers build my communication skills and become patient with hard dealing customers. The management was unstable we got a new gm about ever 6 months.My coworkers are very friendly and inviting people. I would have to say the most hardest part of the job is when i do drive thru by myself and im in a rush and i have to be under 3-4 minutes, and the rush usually is about 3 hours sometimes alittle less. The most enjoyable part of working at my job is getting to help people out, ive always liked that and even if its at fast food i still enjoy being able to interact with new people each day.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no benefits, breaks given withing first 2 hours of work
Easy job for a high school student
Cashier/Maintenance crew member (Current Employee) –  El Monte, CAMay 9, 2016
A typical day at work, as a cashier, at El Pollo Loco would be standing at the cash register, taking/giving out orders (basically nonstop, or until your break), recollecting the bathroom tokens, restocking and cleaning the salsa bar, cleaning the tables and picking up after messy families.
I learned that the management does its absolute best to follow all protocol and does a good job at keeping their employees busy.
My coworkers were like any other people, nosey but funny, respectful and extremely helpful.
Hardest part about the job would be dealing with rude customers, the customer is always right no matter what and your manager will make that CLEAR.
Most enjoyable part of the job is the sweet and appreciative customers that thank you and help you by picking up after themselves.
Pros
discount on the food, get paid a little over minimum
Cons
standing for hours, having to buy slip-resistant shoes and black pants
Very productive, fast paced, and fun environment.
Team member (Former Employee) –  San Fernando, CAMay 3, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of many customers that needed their orders taken and given out. I learned how to get into a rhythm and how to please customers while maintaining my work that needed to be accomplished. The management was very organized and had every employee given a specific task so we could work together as a unit. The most hardest part of the job was the location. Where the job was located at, was a small area, so when people would come, there would be a lot of customers. Also, we were the only El Pollo Loco within the area at the time, due to an accident that had occured at another El Pollo Loco that was close by, so we recieved all of their customers.The most enjoyable part of the job was the having a great relationship with the employees and managers. We all got to know each other and we all had an understanding that our job always came first.
Pros
Great relationships with the other employees
Cons
Always lots of customers
enjoyable job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVApril 30, 2016
Nice work environment with nice people. Hours were reasonable and the staff was very nice to both coworkers and customers and willing to hep train. Things were always kept clean
great place to work at
cashier (Former Employee) –  1941 harbor blvd,costa mesa,ca 92627April 28, 2016
I was hired on to take a pregnant laidies spot at that time but I learned a lot there especially Spanish but they laid me off at that time
Pros
great place to work at
fast pace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CAApril 24, 2016
A typical day is fast and busy. I learned customer service more than anything. My manger could crack a whip but she was absolutely a great person at heart. I got along with all of my co-workers. hardest part of the job was always being on your feet. Most enjoyable part of the job was when it was slow interacting and learning about my co-worker and their lives.
Pros
sometimes free meals
Cons
smelling like food
Very fast paced working environment
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 24, 2016
Definitely different than working in a retail store
Learned how to work fast and communicate with my associates
learned how to multitask and be productive in different roles