El Pollo Loco Employee Reviews

Cashier (Current Employee) –  South Gate, CAApril 24, 2017
It has been fun, we are all like a big family. We all get along nicely, we make sure our customers are satisfied. Mostly the energy is great. The free food is great too!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Productive friendly place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAApril 23, 2017
El Pollo Loco makes you feel like you fit in just right. Everyone is like a big family Everyone is friendly kind and overall great. Some days are slow some are fast you never know what type of day you are going to get.
Progressive company with friendly environment
Freelance Photographer and Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAApril 23, 2017
I was hired contractually by the IT department to interface between them and Marketing in the redesign of their website during a 20120 marketing campaign. I attended meetings and with the information taken from that would provide deliverable web graphics produced at my studio. Work was plentiful, every individual I worked with was friendly and professional.
Productive fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 13, 2017
El pollo loco was one of my best jobs i enjoy .. They are so nice and friendly and very hopfully in all positions. If i ever get a chance to work back there i will never leave el pollo loco again ..
Productive at cash register
Cahier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAApril 11, 2017
Learned how to interact with customers and learn their needs in different ways. I took orders, placed orders, and prepared them. I greeted customers all the time.
Pros
Discount on lunch and free lunch during weekends
Cons
Gets busy sometimes
Not Flexible with schedule
Long Beach Blvd - cashier (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 11, 2017
Would work 8 hour shifts almost everyday and was a minor. would work 4-12:30 most days of the week and was paid minimum wage also had to give up high school activites
Fast-Paced Spanish Speaking Environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVApril 10, 2017
I enjoyed my time with El Pollo Loco because majority of my coworkers were willing to teach me the Spanish that was necessary to communicate not only with them but with a high percent of my customers. It was a great learning experience in the food service industry but the management was a little disappointing over the years.
Pros
Flexible Schedules
Cons
Difficult Management
Mediocre work place
Cashier / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVApril 9, 2017
A regular day at this job was typically pretty busy. Very basic. Cleaning everything, cleaning bathrooms, making sure all trash is picked up in lobby. Take drive thru orders, help prepare food. Management was okay during the time that I worked there.
Good first job
cashier (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAApril 8, 2017
Working at EPL has been good. Coworkers are great for the most part. General manager is very understanding and reasonable. Assistant managers are not the easiest to get along with. It gets really busy especially during weekends, could be stressful. But overall you get a lot of great experience.
General work was fine, management lacking
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZApril 5, 2017
It was fine working there, about what you would expect from a fast food job. You got to work and jumped into counting your register and cleaning/stocking what needed it. Everyone was pretty friendly. I personally left because the management refused to listen to the fact that I was unable to work certain hours on certain days at that point in time. They would tell me it was fine and that they would not schedule me for those times on those days, but then did anyway to the point where I had to leave earlier than I wanted too.

Want to know more about El Pollo Loco?

Ask a question
Not the best place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 3, 2017
Did not give me much hours to work. The few hours they called me in for, they would send me home early. Did not follow health guidelines. Let me go without telling me anything before hand.
great place to kick off your cook experience
COOK (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAApril 3, 2017
apply online and watch the great workers work with you and your schedule...but overall good environment...............................................
Pros
discounts
Cons
no health care, half hour breaks
culture
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Compton, CAMarch 31, 2017
Mexican food is always on fleek.
best place to eat in lunch or dinner.
nice and warm food always.
always caring for the customers.
customers are always right.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMarch 30, 2017
I take pride in my work. My greatest accomplishments involves of surpassing the sales target that was set forth my team by my current employer. It was a fast paced environment.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAMarch 28, 2017
It was a good stable job in which I developed my fast-paced skills but I wanted to advance and have a job with better benefits and management. I also thought it was important to focus on what the customer needs.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
bad customer reviews
student assistant
Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CAMarch 22, 2017
Working for a college was the best experience you can get to be organized and efficient. The work also provided flexibility to student and their classes.
Growth Opportunity
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAMarch 20, 2017
This is a good place to work for if you are a hungry individual that likes hard work, if you are willing to learn everything and are aiming for management position then this is the job for you
fast food
little feedback
always changing schedule
Always busy
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CAMarch 20, 2017
It is a lot of work, You are dealing with all the college students and during lunch the high schoolers come up and give you ideological quips on the superiority of their vegan diets.
Terrible Place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 18, 2017
called in on days off, no lunch breaks, manager talks negatively about everyone, you ask for day off and you still get it, everyone is always complaining about every worker
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at El Pollo Loco. Our community is ready to answer.