El Pollo Loco Employee Reviews

Fun work and respectful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 26, 2017
I was always respected and well known for my hard work. Management was well professional with all employees and respected work space. Needed more hours and decided to leave.
Work Ethic
Cashier/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJuly 21, 2017
Good place to work and or to start for a full time high school student.
Its a fair working environment and easy good team players to work with at a fast pace restaurant.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short Brakes
Great experience to get customer service
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Compton, CAJuly 21, 2017
Working at pollo loco gave me a great to be able to multitask at a fast speed. I learned how to deal with working under stress. I gained great customer service
Pros
We got free drinks and discounts
Cons
No one there had a set schedule
Rapido y bajo presion
cajera vendedora/ Drive-Thru (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, California U.S.AJuly 21, 2017
Trabajar bajo presion y satisfactoriamente fue una de las habilidades que aprendi en esta empresa pues el ambiente de trabajo era pesado y sumamente rapido. Esta empresa se dedica a proveer al cliente una gran satisfaccion en servicio al cliente y salubridad ya que damos un servicio de comida. Resolver conflictos y quejas entre los clients y miembros del equipo laboral es otra tarea que debemos saber deliverar apropiadamente. Siempre es bueno aprender algo nuevo de tus companeros de trabajo asi como de tus supervisores y saber tomar y mejorar las criticas.
Hard working place to be at also very quick pace.
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 20, 2017
I have to say el pollo loco must have been the most hard working job i have ever did in my life. The reason why is because being the cook is the main focus for el pollo loco, not only do you have to be quick but you also have to watch your chicken being grilled over gas fuelled grills. El pollo loco did get me ready for hard work i would have to say.
Pros
Discount on food.
Cons
Ran the whole store, no benefits.
Not a fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CAJuly 20, 2017
I was completely disregarded by our managers and talked about behind my back because I didn't speak Spanish. I would request days off for my rehearsals because I was also in school and I had let them know ahead of time, and still they would schedule me and penalize me. It was very stressful.
Cons
Not a caring work place
El Pollo Loco
Cashier/Customer Service II (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 19, 2017
I was a cashier when I worked here. I was in high school and never took this job serious. I am glad I never did because it might have had me there forever.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAJuly 17, 2017
El Pollo Loco On Winchester in Temecula, Ca is a decent place to work at for a temporary job. There isn't a lot of drama there, the people are pretty nice. The only thing I would say that isn't the best thing about working here is that management isn't the best. Things can be very unorganized and half the time things aren't prepared so shifts can be fairly stressful. And you have to pay for you're food.
Pros
Good for getting some experience in: with people, multitasking
Cons
Are not always prepaired for rushes: running out of chicken often.
Fun work place
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 17, 2017
It was fun working here but the management at the time was messed up and didn't care for anyone but their own personal needs. They put a lot of stress on the rest of the staff
Ambiente de trabajo muy tranquilo todos muy amables
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 16, 2017
El servicio muy bien ... Rápido y la comida de calidad ... Me gusta mucho trabajar en restaurante..
Pros
Muy ocupado .. Es bueno se pasa el tiempo rapido
Cons
No queda tiempo ni pars ir al bano
I loved working there. however the management wasn't friendly with either the consumer or the workers.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 10, 2017
On a typical day I would be at the cashier, taking orders, cleaning, helping to make the orders and checking that everything is on its place and that every customer had their food.
I learn how to make things fast and well done, I also learn how to be more patient with people inside and out of the company, I learned that being on time is really important and that if you work on a team things will get done fast and perfect.
Management wasn't really good. The main manager was mean to the customers and to the employees. However, the managers that worked there under her most of them were really nice and understanding.
The hardest part of the job was when I had to learn drive thru, I work better when I see the faces of my customers, I like to socialize with them so that they will come back again. I always liked to make them smile or laugh. After a while I got use to drive thru, however every time my manager offered me the front I would take it.
The most enjoyable part of the job was every time I was in the front cashier. I always enjoyed taking orders and socializing with people.
Pros
discounts on food.
Cons
not all the managers are nice people
Okay company to work depending on your needs
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 10, 2017
A typical day at El Pollo is being on your feet all day and constantly dealing with employees showing up to work and running short staff. Day to Day operations changed weekly and a lot was expected of you.
Productive and great experience with both co workers and customers
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJuly 9, 2017
Going into work and seeing smiles on everyone's face and they make me feel special and show me the proper procedure on how to properly treat and deal with customers.
It can be fun at first but then it can turn sour
cashier (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 7, 2017
You are expected to do more without getting more compensation for your work and some of the customers are blame the workers for the company's faults. Just be ready for stress and bad customers
unorganized and unmanaged
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  MnatecaJuly 5, 2017
My time at el pollo loco was not pleasant. My hours were constantly changing and the management was always switching and it caused many problems within the workplace.
Not the best place to work they don't treat you with respect
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bear valley rdJuly 5, 2017
I don't enjoy working here I feel like because I am white they treat me differently the management is all over the place especially with the schedule they don't give you your break until you're about to clock out and they're very disrespectful even though you're trying your best.
Good people, but weak infrastructure
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Goodyear, AZJuly 1, 2017
Ive been working as a drive through cashier for over a year now. The workers are understanding and welcoming but they also took advantage of the poor management. They would show up late/not show up at all and managers never reprimanded them. If you want an easy, entry-level job I would recommend it, they work great with students. However, I would not recommend management positions or long-term work.
Pros
Free lunches, flexible schedules
Cons
poor management, little respect to authority
typical day at work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 1, 2017
this was my very first job and here you need to be able to speak spanish , which is plus. They have a lot of customers who come here that don't know english very well, so you have to learn a few words to get by. good management, very friendly
Pros
friendly management
Cons
working hours, pay rate
Could be fun at times
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZJune 29, 2017
I believe management could have treated their employees alot better. I believe certain employees fpr certain positions should have received better pay or better benefits
Pros
Sometimes free meals
Cons
Short breaks
Very taxing work life.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  La Cañada Flintridge, CAJune 28, 2017
They are in need constantly. It gets very stressful and hard to work with some of the employees. They care more about upper executives than the actual workers. But you will make friends eith some of your co-workers that will become your bestfriend.
Pros
Some nice co-workers.
Cons
Short breaks, no free meals, insurance is hard to get.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at El Pollo Loco. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval