El Pollo Loco Employee Reviews

new store. needs help
Cook (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CAAugust 1, 2016
payed more than other stores in area. but since it was a new store the management was very poor. the cook position was very demanding, due to the lack of experienc in the rest of the staff. i marinated all meats i handled the grilling process,I also prepared all the meat orders
Pros
$14.00 per hour
Cons
bad management. kind of a racist enviorment
Mediocre management
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAMay 25, 2016
A typical day was long and understaffed. Management was decent for the first few months. I learned how to handle all kinds of customers. The managers were mostly great but the head manger was dictator-like. Co-workers were manageable on the daily. Picking up the slack from co-workers was the hardest part of the job. The food was the only enjoyable part.
Pros
Food
Cons
No management supervision, little to no team work
Good for a first job
Cashier/money handling (Former Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CAJuly 30, 2016
Cash register, cleaning, food preparation and drive through. I enjoyed this job as a first employer. I learned a lot and was offered assistant manager within 3 months, however it is physically demanding. It is super fast paced!
Pros
learned how to prep food, customers are mostly nice
Cons
one break regardless of hours
fast-pace working field.
Cashier, Drive-in, Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 27, 2016
At Pollo Loco I wasn't able to enhance my working ability. I always felt that my manager wanted me to learn the procedures and qualifications extremely quickly. Which I believe is unfair, it was my first time in a working environment. However the job did keep me busy and I learned to communicate and help out customers efficiently.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
I didn't receive good hours.
I would never go back there
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CASeptember 18, 2016
The new Livermore store is really short staffed and so much work to do.its been about 2 weeks since it opened but many people have left already.its kinda racist environment.management doesn't know what they are doing.
Pros
Many hours
Cons
So much work, no free lunch
Fast-paced and environment-friendly workplace.
Front end cashier (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 30, 2016
Everyday is a busy day at work. I serve all customers with a great smile, excellent customer service, fast and accurate computation of transactions.

I enjoy giving the best service to the customers. My manager is a respectable person to work with.

Great team performance.
Pros
big lunch discounts
Cons
short breaks
Very many things to work on
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CASeptember 12, 2016
The job itself explains it self the bottom of the food chain. The customers always are never happy and the management always thinks that they are always better than you and never treating equal when dealing with hours.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Fast paced
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Anaheim Hills, CASeptember 24, 2016
It's a great first time jobs for kids working during high school. As a manager I can say it hasn't been easy usually because it's so fast paced you want to do everything in a hurry which doesn't help. That only causes stress.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Short staffed
Productive and fast paste environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CADecember 29, 2015
El Pollo Loco is a wonderful company, but it is a very limited company with not much of a growth within the employees. If you want to grow as a person , and if you can not handle a fast paste environment this job is not required.
Pros
great work experience
Cons
benifits not included
fast pace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CAApril 24, 2016
A typical day is fast and busy. I learned customer service more than anything. My manger could crack a whip but she was absolutely a great person at heart. I got along with all of my co-workers. hardest part of the job was always being on your feet. Most enjoyable part of the job was when it was slow interacting and learning about my co-worker and their lives.
Pros
sometimes free meals
Cons
smelling like food
Fast Paced, Customer Service Friendly and Responsibility.
COOK (TEAM LEADER) (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CAMay 23, 2016
At this job I have learned to be responsible with completing all my duties and tasks. I have learned to work as a team and with my experience also as cashier, I am able to teach my co-workers to be responsible, fast paced and customer service friendly.
Pros
Healthy food.
Cons
Part time.
Great Company
Director of Operations & New Products (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 3, 2016
EPL cares for the success of the employees and helps them move up the ladder in the professional career. it is a valuable school for all the people I know including myself.
Working behind the register
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAJune 15, 2016
Being a cashier for a couple months was tough but fun. Wiping down tables was not all that bad I actually sort of enjoyed that part. The standing part was really hard on me all though the people were cool.
Pros
Free Burritos
Cons
Standing all day
Take customers orders
Drive thru specialist (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAAugust 10, 2016
• Handle payments and customer questions
• Take customer food orders
• Pack food as requested by customers
• Make food dependent on customer orders
Pros
50% off lunch
Cons
only 30 min break
Fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 19, 2016
It's an excellent part time job. Management can be strict about requests for days off. Many employees come and go with every short notice, can make work schedule hard to work with.
Interesting Place to Work
District Manager- 10 Restaurants (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 25, 2016
Teams are great and the food is consistent. Manager do their best with the resources that they are given. Restaurants are cleaned and ambiance is fine.
hated this place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  National City, CAJanuary 28, 2016
typical day is ok. learned how to use cash register. hated my coworkers. hardest part of the job was dealing assistant manager. best part though, nothing
Pros
nothing
Cons
management
an overall good job.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CAJune 4, 2016
A typical day was pretty busy but manageable. I learned how to multitask and take lead when necessary. Management could have been extremely better. Incidents that occurred went unsolved or improperly solved. Co-workers were extremely helpful.
okay place to work in
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 25, 2016
nice place to work in, but there's no future meaning that if your're a cashier you'll stay a cashier no matter how hard you try.
Pros
Meet a lot of great people
Cons
no benefits
it was ok
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CASeptember 11, 2016
The environment was fun and it worked well with my school schedule.The employees were cool overall but the job itself was repetitive and boring

Ask a question about working or interviewing at El Pollo Loco. Our community is ready to answer.