El Pollo Loco

El Pollo Loco United States Employee Reviews

great environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Victorville, CAAugust 30, 2014
Pros: 50% of luch
my typical day at work was always focusing about my duties always give a great customer serveries
i learn how to work ad a team
never had a problem with my co workers
the hardest this about the job was the labor an timing
the most enjoyable was always making my customers happy feel satisfy
Stressfull Environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 29, 2014
A typical day at work is pretty stressful and feels like your being overworked for what their paying you.
Fast-Steady environment that allowed me to be more productive while doing two-three things at once.
Cashier/Cook/Prep (Former Employee), OaklandAugust 21, 2014
I would say that the best part of the job were my employees. They were fun work with in a professional manner. I learned a lot about team work and how to communicate with each other. Considering the fact that it was always busy, the time there went by quick and easy. The hardest part of the job was dealing with picky customers who want to take advantage of the company by complaining about unreasonable things.
Productive workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), Moreno Valley, CAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: great food, good learning experience
It was a pleasure working at El Pollo Loco I have gained skills in customer service.
Productive and fun work place
Cashier (Current Employee), Temple City, CAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: free lunch, great people
Cons: hours, benifits
Every day is different , there can be a really busy day where you feel like you might loose your mind with all the costumers and orders. There's days where it is so slow you just want to go outside and tell people to come buy chicken. You meet new people every day and you have your regular costumers whom you feel like you have a special connection with. Overall it's a very family welcoming environment.
It was a okay experience BUT too much DRAMA!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Huntington Beach, CAAugust 6, 2014
Cons: too many problems
the way the store was managed was very organized but the employees were too much drama. It was an easy going job not that difficult to do. I learned a lot besides with the whole drama going on. Hardest part of dealing with this job was dealing with some of the customers some were super rude. Also, that policy that the customer is always right. (NOT ALL THE TIME). Overall, had a good experience and learned from it.
A great place to learn to be more responsible
Shift Leader (Former Employee), El Monte, CAAugust 5, 2014
As a member of the management team, I learned the skills it takes to be a leader under pressure. Although, friendships are made between myself and my employees, it was important to know when to be a friend and when to be a manager, and taking control of the shift to make sure operations ran smoothly.
Good place to start
Assistant Manager- Salary (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: free lunch, continuing education
Cons: low pay
This job provided me with the basics and what I needed to learn to advance my career and move forward. I learnt so much about the food service industry and management. I also learnt how to speak Spanish, so that is an added bonus.
productive
cashier (Current Employee), bakersfield californiaJuly 16, 2014
Pros: 50% in all food
Cons: not much hours
A place where the day goes by fast always busy always had something to do. I learned to have a lot of patient and became real good at giving good customer services.The hardest part of the job is to please the clients so they can come back. The best part is to work in lobby welcoming all customers and making sure their visit is pleasant.
stressful
Cashier (Current Employee), Torrance, CAJuly 14, 2014
If you are one of there better workers them make you do the work of 3, they don't properly train people and they don't do much work and get paid more than. schedules are never done on time and they don't schedule people correctly also you don't always take your break when you are suppose to if you are the better workers.
I enjoy talking to customers
Cashier (Current Employee), Fresno CAJuly 4, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: breaks
introduce myself to the customers and the food products
I learned what difficult a customer can be when there not happy with the food made for them. management is tough because sometimes there is no communication with manger or asstant managers. The hardest part of the job is when so many customers are wanted on they need and very busy with orders can be tough and the enjoyable is I like cleaning the lobby area and talk with customers.
el pollo loco
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 3, 2014
Cons: healthcare.pay for your lunches
working at el pool loco you always had to have great customer service because they get mystery shop every month. ive learn patience work there. hardest part making sure drive thru time is under 4mins
Very fast paced environment, great coworkers!
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Northridge, CAJune 26, 2014
A normal day of work involved me restocking everything that needed to be filled. Working drive thru, and also prepping food when necessary. It took a lot of multi-tasking to get one job done. It was always busy and hectic since there was a time limit on the drive thru, that was probably the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part was seeing the customers happy and actually having conversations with them. My co-workers were great, they always had such great enthusiasm. I definitely learned how to work as a team and not just one.
good work area
Cashier, Cook (Former Employee), merced, caJune 16, 2014
Cons: short breaks
every one there gets along and helps each other out, some of the mangers there are good while others just don't care. the hardest part of the job there is closing especially if your in the back you need to make sure everything is clean and all the food is ready for the next day and that all days of expiration are on time
okay job
Cashier (Current Employee), Duarte, CAJune 3, 2014
really friendly coworkers but job is to much for what they pay for wouldn't want to be there for more then a year
a very fast pace job
Cashier (Former Employee), san jacintoMay 22, 2014
a typical day here we make over 300 in sales per hour and deal with rude customers in the best way possible.
Fast-paced and friendly
Cashier and Drive thru (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 19, 2014
Pros: %50 discounts on the clock, %25 off anytime
Cons: inconsistant rotation
A typical day at work consisted of cashier service and line working. I would take orders and rapidly put them together on the line while ensurig customer satisfaction. I learned a great deal of patience and how to work under constant pressure. Management lacked the important component of communication. It would often cause issues with the schedule and employee cycling. My co-workers were friendly and they did whatever to get the job done in a fashion El Pollo Loco demanded. The hardest part of the job was handling a store full of customers by myself as management often did not prepare properly for anticipated busy hours. My favorite part of the job was the interaction I had with customers, coversing with customers taught me that genuinely everyone is nice, they just don't know if YOU'RE nice, all it takes is a smile and "how is your day going?", and the barrier is broken
Productive environment to work with.
Crew Member (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 26, 2014
Was my first job in which I learned a lot like cash handling, people skills, and food handling. Fun place to work at and I enjoyed their meals!
A flotsam where it's nearly hopeless to salvage
Cashier (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 11, 2014
Pros: great food
Cons: not paid enough for labor
A good restaurant must have good management. Unfortunately, this company did not. Long hours, which I didn't mind, backed up with crucial management and a devastating clientele made working here a near disaster. I did have good supporting cast to assist me when I was psuedo-shift leader and I did learn to never crack under pressure. This place did teach me hard work ethics and to never give up when people need you the most. The place was indubitably a challenge to work.
Fun but not enough pay
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Dana Point, CAApril 10, 2014
Pros: food is great
Cons: short breaks, some managers are just random
Really enjoyed but it takes so many years to get a raise, met people that took them 6 + years to get a raise.

About El Pollo Loco

At El Pollo Loco, pronounced “L Po-yo Lo-co” and Spanish for “The Crazy Chicken,” we go to crazy lengths – Read more

El Pollo Loco Salaries