El Pollo Loco Employee Reviews

Poor management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Santee, CAOctober 5, 2016
I worked there for only 4 months and I couldn't take it. Most of my coworkers were not only rude to me, but also talked bad about customers in front of other customers. When I was just starting a majority of my coworkers did not want anything to do with me. Four out of six of the managers I worked with were no pleasant at all. They would belittle and talk down to me not only in the presence of my coworkers, but also in front of customers. There were multiple instances when a customer would question the actions of my supervisor in regards to how I was being treated.
Cons
Short breaks, poor management
Pretty cool
Cashier/salesman (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAOctober 5, 2016
When i first started the job i wasn't really giving the proper training or was showed were everything was. It was a fun job the management need little more work though.
Pros
Free lunches
Great customer service
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 1, 2016
A fun environment, the people I work with are friendly and understandable. Flexible hours, weekdays, weekend and holidays. You may have a Few rush hours especially Fridays and weekends.
cool coworkers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAOctober 1, 2016
always a great work environment always a lot of work to be done lots of celebrity customers that a very nice. manager are very helpful and flexible with hours
Pros
fun work environment
Cons
traffic
Ability to Multi- task
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CA 92376September 26, 2016
My multi-tasking skills increased being that the facility was always busy. I was also able to apply my knowledge of the Spanish language to take orders very simple. A typical day was the closing shift which was the busiest and had the least amount of employees through the day to help. I was quickly placed to in the drive-thru position being that I had already mastered the front line and front cashier. The hardest part of the job was giving the customers their orders on time by relying on the rest of the staff which includes the cook, prep and manager. Though what I had mostly enjoyed were the weekends in which I closed that were the busiest and I was always busy and proactive.
Pros
Ability to gain new working ethics
Cons
Asking for help when needed
Fast paced
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Anaheim Hills, CASeptember 24, 2016
It's a great first time jobs for kids working during high school. As a manager I can say it hasn't been easy usually because it's so fast paced you want to do everything in a hurry which doesn't help. That only causes stress.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Short staffed
Fun and friendly work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 21, 2016
The management helps to make sure you learn to do your job right and the employees created a friendly and enjoyable work envirnoment Every day at work was fun and simple.
I would never go back there
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CASeptember 18, 2016
The new Livermore store is really short staffed and so much work to do.its been about 2 weeks since it opened but many people have left already.its kinda racist environment.management doesn't know what they are doing.
Pros
Many hours
Cons
So much work, no free lunch
great enviornment and alot of flexible hours
Shift Leader/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Clovis, CASeptember 13, 2016
El pollo loco being my first job has taught me a variety of skills throughout the years. It has taught me great customer service, cash handling, and managing. The hardest part of the job was working under pressure, we are a fast food restaurant that enjoys serving great quality food and in order to accomplish that we had to move fast and also make sure our food was fresh. Other than that it has been a great experience.
Pros
free lunch, flexible hours
Very many things to work on
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CASeptember 12, 2016
The job itself explains it self the bottom of the food chain. The customers always are never happy and the management always thinks that they are always better than you and never treating equal when dealing with hours.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
it was ok
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CASeptember 11, 2016
The environment was fun and it worked well with my school schedule.The employees were cool overall but the job itself was repetitive and boring
Great Company
Director of Operations & New Products (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 3, 2016
EPL cares for the success of the employees and helps them move up the ladder in the professional career. it is a valuable school for all the people I know including myself.
Interesting Place to Work
District Manager- 10 Restaurants (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 25, 2016
Teams are great and the food is consistent. Manager do their best with the resources that they are given. Restaurants are cleaned and ambiance is fine.
Fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 19, 2016
It's an excellent part time job. Management can be strict about requests for days off. Many employees come and go with every short notice, can make work schedule hard to work with.
Great People Bad Customers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 11, 2016
I was currently in high school while I was working at El Pollo Loco. The staff was amazing they were all so calm and concentrated on their work. The location of this facility wasn't in the best neigborhoods and I encountered many very disturbing and dangerous situations, all from spitting into the salsa at the condiment bar to trying to assult one of my co workers.
Pros
Amazing staff
Cons
Dangerous Area
Take customers orders
Drive thru specialist (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAAugust 10, 2016
• Handle payments and customer questions
• Take customer food orders
• Pack food as requested by customers
• Make food dependent on customer orders
Pros
50% off lunch
Cons
only 30 min break
new store. needs help
Cook (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CAAugust 1, 2016
payed more than other stores in area. but since it was a new store the management was very poor. the cook position was very demanding, due to the lack of experienc in the rest of the staff. i marinated all meats i handled the grilling process,I also prepared all the meat orders
Pros
$14.00 per hour
Cons
bad management. kind of a racist enviorment
Good for a first job
Cashier/money handling (Former Employee) –  Baldwin Park, CAJuly 30, 2016
Cash register, cleaning, food preparation and drive through. I enjoyed this job as a first employer. I learned a lot and was offered assistant manager within 3 months, however it is physically demanding. It is super fast paced!
Pros
learned how to prep food, customers are mostly nice
Cons
one break regardless of hours
Love the coworkers. Work can be strenuous though.
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 27, 2016
I got along with everyone for the most part and enjoyed my time tremendously cracking jokes and having laughs. The rushes when everyone comes in at the same time are not a big deal because you get used to it. however, the attitude of some customers and their actions is a different story. People will get angry for minuscule reasons like having to wait for their food when there is an obvious line of customers or running out of a certain item when it is fifteen minutes away from closing time.
Pros
Discounts off food, flexible schedule, fun environment
Cons
Kept just under 40 hours a week
okay place to work in
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 25, 2016
nice place to work in, but there's no future meaning that if your're a cashier you'll stay a cashier no matter how hard you try.
Pros
Meet a lot of great people
Cons
no benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at El Pollo Loco. Our community is ready to answer.