El Pollo Loco Employee Reviews

Fast pace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 24, 2017
At El Pollo Loco, as a front cashier, you would have to provide great customer service at a fast pace. If you were on drive thru, it was the same with the addition of multitasking. The tasks include preparing the order, cashing out the car, and taking new orders.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Unorganized & management
I love working for El pollo loco.The last Coworjers I had where really awesome and so helpful.I am still in touch with all of them and visit them.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  El Cajon cityAugust 24, 2017
They have awesome team.Awesome people that help me a lot to grow as a person.A lot of people would love the way I would treat them since I took customer service classes and I love helping people out .
Fun work experience
Cashier/Sales Builder (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAAugust 23, 2017
Helped learn and grow as a person. Loved meeting new people in the workplace. I'm now more experienced with customer service and they have helped me stayed employed while being a part time student
Pros
Discounted lunches
Not a recommend
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Chino, CAAugust 19, 2017
Have more experience in customer service and if u have patients this is the right job for u and no one help u and everyone is lazy so u have to do everything yourself
Fun workplace
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXAugust 17, 2017
Our store closed and wasn't open a year but it was a great stepping stone for me and I learned a lot and I have room to improve and learned a lot of new skills here that I can carry over to another new job.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No insurance
fast paced
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 15, 2017
I would not recommend this sort of job for anyone who loves to work at a steady pace. This job is very much energy consuming since you deal with a lot of angry customers. On top of that the managers always seem to scream at the team in every fast food place.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks, fast pace, no moral support
Good environment
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Sylmar, CAAugust 14, 2017
El pollo loco is a good first job for most. They offer flexible hours and opportunities to promote within the company. Overall El Pollo Loco is a good place.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Dealing with corporate
Great fun environment
Help Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAAugust 11, 2017
Fun Place, Very fast pace but work hard and play hard attitude. Always growing and expanding, not afraid to grow and trying new adventures. Support is great.
Pros
Monthly Lunches
Cons
Healthcare not that great.
Advancement and professionalism
Sales/Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 11, 2017
Excellent food and one of the more professional companies I've worked for. They advanced me to Management training in under 3 months, they really do see hard work and reward for it.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Extra labor, fast pace
It's extremely overwhelming
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 10, 2017
In the past year of working there I had my fair share of bad encounters with both coworkers and customers. The job at times can be stressful but it pushed me to become a more efficient worker
Pros
Discount lunch
Cons
Never an oriented place
Unfairness
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 9, 2017
El Pollo Loco franchise is not a company I would recommend for someone to work for. They do not appreciate their employees what so ever, never reward them or thank them always taking advantage of them. No good benefits, don't get over time. The management is very rude and unfair, the owner also try not to fix any of the issues.
Pros
Na
Cons
Bad pay, no overtime, no breaks, no benefits
productive and fast paced
prep cook (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAAugust 8, 2017
my short time in Pollo loco wasn't too bad, i had liked my co workers. i would go in during afternoons right after school. i learned a few things during my time there and the management wasn't the best there due to always changing the schedule and requesting work during times i was unavailable and that wasn't agreed upon during the hiring process
Pros
free lunch and beverages
Cons
no health care, strict procedures and rules
Its okay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CA 93612August 8, 2017
I would not get good hours here. They made me do a lot of the dirty work that no one else would do. Co-workers were often rude to me and to each other.
Fast pace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 7, 2017
Fast pace, and must be able to multitask be attentive, and work well with others. Outgoing and talkative; be able to take orders correctly and take them out right
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no benefits
Stressful non appreciative
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 7, 2017
This company overworks employees. A very stressful place to work. No work/life balance. Even if you have vacation accumulated it is hard to take time off. Leadership calls you during your vacation time off and LOA including sick days.

No respect for your time or your work ethic and skills. Very underpaid employees,
Pros
discounts and good benefits
Cons
stressful and overworked
Not bad
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 6, 2017
I mean you get payed more than you would at burger king or mcdonalds but if youre not the type that likes to get told what to do a lot then i dont recommend it at all.
Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Westwood, CAAugust 3, 2017
Its an okay job. Washing tables and windows, had to mop the floors, cashier and i had to prepare the orders that the customers have ordered. Great place to work at if its your first job.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not enough hours
Products.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 3, 2017
The place is quick paced and with very excellent products. The food is always fresh and healthy. it is always kept hot at a minimum temperature of 145 degrees for hot foods and less than 41 degrees for cold foods. it is safe to eat their foods.

Good place for good food.
Pros
Best Food
Responsibly
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAAugust 2, 2017
I was a very hard worker no try to disappoint my customers, also always had my area clean nd had my customers very happy. Always show up to work nd never late.
Pros
I got a discount when i eat my lunch
Cons
They wont very helpfuk to the wokers
Rude customers and bad management
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Manteca, CAJuly 31, 2017
I had 2 gm so far and when i started i would only get 2 or 3 days and little hours. when we got a new manager, she didnt know anything about this place and constantly changes our schedule around. The job was easy but on rush hours we were low on staff so i had to be quick and work under pressure 5 days a week to be packing food, taking orders or cleaning lobby. My co-workers are very friendly but i dont get enough help from them.
Pros
50% discount on work, 25% when off work
Cons
Schedule changing, rude customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at El Pollo Loco. Our community is ready to answer.