EL SUPER Employee Reviews

good place
Grocery (Current Employee), Oceanside, CAJuly 12, 2015
When I arrive to supermarket I organize products of each aisle using a pallet jack or a dollie box after I put proucts on shelves. I clean my area assigned. I keep filled displays.
Grocery
Grocery (Former Employee), Ontario, CAJune 24, 2015
breaking pallets
forklift driving and electric jack
management was great
didnt have alot of coworkers
hardest was fixing the store with 2 man crew
i enjoyed breaking pallets and driving forklift
Great place to work for
Food Preps Clerk (Former Employee), Oxnard, CAJune 22, 2015
Pros: Free Uniforms
Cons: Short breaks
Everyday was the same nothing new just do my job the correct way
I learned something new in that before i did not know how to cook chicken.The managers were nice but i wish they were more people friendly.I liked all of the co workers i never had a problem with any one. The hardest part of the job at first was how to cook the chicken. The most enjoyable part of the job was gettin experience in cooking chicken.
A fun place to work always something new to learn.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Los angeles, CAJune 15, 2015
A day at work could be fast paste. There is always something to new to learn. you learn the difference cultures, you learn new ways on how to keep a customers satisfied. The mangers are their to help you on what you need. The co-workers are always willing to help. One of the best pat of the job is that where always there to help and understand each other. I enjoy working with the community there's a lot of things in common among them
Not very well respected to their employees. Could be handle much better on how they are treated and use.
Deli Clerk (Current Employee), Lawndale, CAApril 24, 2015
I come in knowing what to expect and check my department to see what needs to filled. Afterwards, I look for a note by the cooler, to see if my department manager left any other extra work, that I may need to attend and make time for. Usually I have management nit pick my work and it becomes frustrating and they pull me out of my department to hep them with extra load of work by helping them either getting carts, open up a register, sweep the store, among other things; this is all due to a failure to hire the proper amount of employees to attend to these matters.
Most of my co-workers are friendly and social. We try to hold little conversations as we work and get the job done. No delay in that matter.
Hardest part of my job is to finish everything in time before clocking out to make sure everything is set and ready for my department manager to have an easier time doing his job and not worry. Also, to continue the previous statement, I need to get everything as quick as I can before management can pull me out of my department and leaving me less time to finish my work and leaving my department "faced and full" and finish the "load".
I enjoy the people I work with a lot and the relationships I made, but I do enjoy giving people what they ant and what they need at the best customer experience possible.
Fast-paced work environment
Baker (Former Employee), North Hollywood, CAApril 10, 2015
Pros: Raffles
Cons: Short breaks
Producing high volumes of product at a very quick pace. I learned to make all recipes and become a team player. Co-workers were focus and concentrated on improving the company. The hardest part of the job was the various hour shifts. Early morning to late night to evenings, with a stability. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning how to produce more in less time.
n/a
Clerk manager (Former Employee), Salinas, CAFebruary 4, 2015
n/a
well it all started a day in Compton
didn't think I would of spend more than four years in this company
yeah well decided to move on into a better field
nice company
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), San Diego, CANovember 14, 2014
Pros: nice company
well for me el super is one of my favorites company i ever work before i being learning alot of things . is very clean work place my co-workers are nice people i like everyting .but know im looking for i part job ..
Great Place to work
Dairy Clerk (Current Employee), Victorville, CASeptember 26, 2014
Pros: always on the move great people
Cons: i need more hours and more income to provide for my family
Fast paced environment
Great people, management
Customer service is a must, always helping others find what they are looking for in a friendly manner
Cleaning up after customers
Making sure inventory is always correct and looking its best
Productive, fast pace job
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CaSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: started cake designing, fun.
Cons: management preference to certain employees is apparent - store#39
Working in bakery department was about organization, product freshness, and quality.
Keeps you busy.
Runner/Maintenance (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: teach you new things
Cons: prejudice management team nd employees
always make sure you have something to do which is good, also good training.
fun place to work at
Receptionist (Former Employee), South Gate, CAJune 26, 2014
handle financial transactions other than a bank. Cashiers often have other duties and responsibilities as assign by workplace.
Fun work place.
Meat Clerk/Cutter (Former Employee), Garden Grove, CAJune 25, 2014
Always lots of work to be done everyday of the week
Extemely busy during the holidays
Managenment was a bit unfair and unreasonable
Fun work enviornemt
Hardest part of the job
Checker (Former Employee), Downey, CAJune 16, 2014
Pros: free soccer game tickets
Cons: work/life balance, advancemetns, salary
The hardest part of the job is the poor work/life balance. Employees work six days a week and their day off is not always the same day in the week. The work schedule changes every week so it is hard to have a second job, confirm to attend a child's school open house, or go to school. The company tends to give away free soccer game tickets for Galaxy but never able to attend because of the poor work/life balance.
Regular workplace
Baker (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CAApril 10, 2014
Working here has given me work experience with customers. Also able to learn how to work with a forklift.
Fast Paced warehouse!
Forklift Operator, Electric Pallet Jack (Former Employee), Ontario,CAMarch 2, 2014
Big warehouse with high volume work. Most work days include 10-13 hour shifts! Paid weekly!
No opportunities, poor managment.
Meat Clerk (Former Employee), Covina, CAJanuary 31, 2014
Cons: everything
No opportunity to move up with the company, and horrible management skills with the store director. Horrible place to work at.
dynamic environment and constantly adapt to new situations.
Cashier (Current Employee), North Hollywood, CANovember 12, 2013
A typical work day, as a cashier, consists of going into the office to receive till, checking notices of policy changes/updates, notices of new PLU codes or coupons, heading out to register and complete customer transactions, end shift by balancing out till and turning it in to magagement.
Great Job Friendly employees
Custodian/Maintenance/Customer Service (Former Employee), South Gate, CASeptember 25, 2013
Pros: day would go by quickly
Maintained restrooms, aisles, stairs, doors, and windows to company standards Collected and organized carts Re-stocked aisles and shelves Assisted guests and employees
Hard Working People/Not Enough Opportunity
Stock (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CASeptember 23, 2013
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: prejudice management team
Typical Day at Work
Didn't yield to school schedule
racial and discrimination