EL SUPER Employee Reviews

They need to ask questions on your interview
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 15, 2016
Working at el super was also a great experience as my first job, I learn how to make different kind of food but I wouldn't want to go work back there, people are to much in your business and customers are so rude and also likes to criticize
Um it ok work place
Meat Clerk (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAOctober 8, 2016
I would say work there it been a pleasure and honor my self to have this opportunity to work at El super and so far it been a long year for my self as a employee
Pros
Pay for your lunch
Cons
Bad company
It not a place yuo want to work for the rest of your life
Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 27, 2016
Not aplace you want to work for the rest of your life management sucks an never seams to have the cuestiin for what you need
Pros
NONE
Cons
NONE
Fair place to work
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 22, 2016
At el super i wouls take care of restocking the store. Making displays. I would do part of the ordere to get noledge of management . some times i would recieve the load and unload the truck with the forcliff.
Pros
Tv in break room
Cons
Over bossy
Good Place To Start Off
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 8, 2016
It was really great working with this company, well depending the location of the store. Every manager and co-worker is different,they treat you as the way you want to be treated. Good pay I guess, goes up as your position does.
Pros
Cuts in short or long lines to buy anything. Good experience gain
Cons
No employee discounts! No full time job positions
productive always busise speak Spanish to people
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CASeptember 7, 2016
it was a cool job what i injured the most was cleaning what i liked more was that i didn't know Spanish but my coworkers helped me learn Spanish at the job
Ad Special
Checker (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CASeptember 6, 2016
The most busy day of the week is when we have the new ads. The store is filled with people and to keep them pleased you must give good customer service and if your fast with checking them out at the cash register it's a big plus.
healthy enviroment
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Paramount, CASeptember 1, 2016
very busy environment that needs to be worked at top speed or else can get backed up. But overall a great place to work and very friendly customers and coworkers great environment.
Pros
busy place
Cons
strict
N/a
Meat dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 27, 2016
Good experience and good people.
I had fun working there,everyone is friendly. And the managers are good and very understanding...
I enjoyed working there.
Fast paced
Clerk (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVJuly 11, 2016
Must approach clients with energetic and friendly treat, always try and give the client the best customer service possible and keep work area clean at all time.
Pros
Fun place to work at.
Cons
not always 40/hr full time
productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 6, 2016
I loved my job. interacting with my customers and knowing i can help and making sure they are 100% satisfied. My job was productive,
Not enough employees to meet task.
Janitor/Deli Server (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 5, 2016
It was fine in the beginning then they stopped noticing hard workers. People shopping there would steal a lot and get away with it. Management always changed people's schedules and changed their part-time to full-time.
Pros
Cons
Short lunches, bad management
Bad job .. Great co workers
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Fernando Valley, CAJuly 1, 2016
They work you till the bone ... Too much favoritism. They expect you to learn everything on your own and the customers are just as bad as the management.
poor quality
bakery (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 25, 2016
really bad experience with them, i stayed because i really needed the money. But i ended up having a disagreement with them because of my pregnancy do to the fact that i had a restriction, for high risk pregnancy.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Dirty and unproffesional
BAKER (Former Employee) –  ArizonaApril 30, 2016
Not a good company to work for. Six day work weeks at no more than 40 hours. extra day or work for no extra money or hours. I would not work at another grocery store because of them.
Amazing customer service
Cashier (Current Employee) –  East Los Angeles, CAApril 27, 2016
I love helping customers. They always have special and it is a very convenient super market enjoy their music. They also have excellent customer service
If you are looking for a minimum wage job, El Super is a decent place to work in
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CAApril 18, 2016
Job duties are not necessarily hard but work can be meaning that during busy days (wednesdays and thursdays - produce specials and meat specials respectively; and weekends) the store gets alot of customers so your going to be moving alot. Also, since its a grocery store, expect to interact with customers and give customer service. Apart from that, its an ok environment to work in. Plays music. Everyone keeps to themselves but in my experience were willing to conversate and be friendly. Breaks are 10 minutes; lunch 30 minutes. Has a kitchen department and so if don't bring your own food, you can buy some there.

I personally liked working there and would have probably still been there had it not been for a new manger that came in.
Pros
If you like fast pace work and interaction with customers, this is a place for you
Cons
Raises and promotions are hard to come by
A day at work
Bakery Clerk, Level 1 Baker (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCFebruary 5, 2016
One must get to work at 5am. Sometimes 4am. you punch in. you get to the bakery. you check what you need and then you make it non stop for the next 6 1/2 hours. Management was ok at first but they began to get more and more excessive in their demands. Which leads to health problems.
Pros
benefits are ok
Cons
the work you to the bone.
First Job
Cashier/Customer Service, grocery, meat clerk (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAOctober 20, 2015
Was my first job. used the experience here to learn as much as I could so that I would be able to take it to another company/work. Would not really recommend for college student unless you are looking for sleepless nights and being over worked.
produce clerk
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAOctober 13, 2015
Responsible for the proper stocking and rotation of merchandise in the fruit and vegetable department, merchandising of products to ensure fresh, high quality offerings. I was responsible for proper inventory control to maximize product freshness and availability. I answer questions from customers about fresh products and help them find what they are looking for and by recommending quality fruit and vegetable to customers.

2.9