Elan Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Start up bio tech Pharmaceutical company
Senior Sales Representative, Neuroscience (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 10, 2017
I started here as a manager for 3 years. The company grew rapidly. I was a new parent and did not want to travel 100% of the time. I was going to resign, but they liked me so much they created a sales position for me and I kept my management compensation package. I was a top 5 (out of 400) performer for the next 5 years.
Great work culture and people.
Elan was a good company, but had to let go of our sales force after less than 2 years.
Sales Representative, Specialty Care (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 13, 2017
Typical large territory routing. I learned to manage a territory with no one to share the routing or sales results. We were on our own, and with good solid products to promote, it was very gratifying.
Pros
Being completely independent for the first time was both scary and fun.
Cons
Pay was on the low end of the scale.
No longer around
Senior Executive Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 7, 2017
Was a great place to be but biggest product had issues being launched. Otherwise a great culture and compensation, combined with decent work/life balance.
Good team working environment
Research Informatics Associate (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAMay 25, 2016
At Elan, in many occasions we had chance to get to know other functional groups. We had weekly luncheon presentation in which we shared and learned about responsibilities contribution of co-worker to the company.
Pros
in-house gym, once a week free luncheon
Elan has shut down
Executive Support / System Administrator (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAMay 23, 2016
Great company that had some great proteins in there pipe line but they shut down due to a failed drug attempt.

They started a spin off called Prothena which has gone public.
Cons
Learned project management through several NDA and facility expansions
Manufacturing Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GaOctober 21, 2015
A contract manufacturing company that was partners with several companies. Worked closely with many companies on new products/projects.
Pros
Great resources and knowledge from upper management
Cons
alot of inexperience technicians on the shop floor
Fun job/ shaky company
Hospital Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 25, 2015
The company may have righted the ship by now but it had some rough times when I was employed from 2000 to 2003. Product line was excellent at the time. The company made some bad decisions on pipeline products.
Pros
Products
Cons
Corporate
Small Pharma
Acute Care Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi and South TexasMay 6, 2015
Me too products with a small minded management. They did throw great parties out in San Diego for sales meetings. Mainly it was the Dura Pharmaceuticals management that made all the fun times happen.
Great Benefits Poor Work Culture
Quality Assurance Document Control (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAFebruary 12, 2015
Tuition reimbursement was fantastic. Management and coworkers were petty. Work was monotonous, but pay and benefits made it tolerable for a time.
No the best
Packing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grand RapidsSeptember 4, 2014
No benefits, and no innovation, long ways to go. The product was great
Productive and fun place to work in
CIA Administrator (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAJune 27, 2014
In my plus 20 years at this company it was a pleasure working here.
Company That is All Business
Inside Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oswego, ILMay 12, 2014
Assisting Customers to make Auto Rental Reservations. Working with 5 different software programs at the same time.

This is a work from home position.

The hardest part of the job are customers, who do not have the proper items to rent a car.
Pros
Working from home in winter.
Cons
Busy days are very demanding when switching between software.
w
Manager, Investor Relations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 11, 2014
Excellent Capital Markets and Strategy Exposure
Dynamic, Fast-Paced Learning Environment
Great people
N/A (Former Employee) –  SSFFebruary 18, 2014
Had a good team working on business applications. Lots of turnover in the executive level.
Excellent
Senior Cost/Inventory Accountant-Operations (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJanuary 8, 2014
Month End Closing,Forecasting and Budgeting, Acct Analysis, Inventory and Work Order Analysis.
Pros
Great Boss and Workding Environment
Cons
Flexible schedule with great coworkers
Quality Assurance Food Chemist (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 5, 2013
I worked a modified 1st shift. My set hours were 10-6 but I would frequently be asked to come early and/or stay late depending on the situation. I was in charge of writing SOPs for the lab, quality control and incoming ingredient quality assurance.

I reviewed the incoming ingredient QA paperwork, tested chemical analyses on ingredients and finished products, physical and organoleptic testing of finished products, shelf-life studies, reevaluation of expired ingredients, microbial testing of incoming ingredients and finished products and handling consumer complaints.

The job provided steady daily work in QA as well as long and short term projects to help with R&D and production.
Pros
Decent pay, great lab mates and QA manager, free protein bars
Great company
Manager - Financial Planning and Analysis (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAOctober 21, 2013
Recently purchased company.
The company strived to make lives better which is great to be a part of. The best part were the co-workers. Very friendly.
nice place to work
Extruder Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 1, 2013
Record information such as the number of products, tested meter readings, and dates and times of product productions.
Cleaned and lubricated equipment.
Helped production workers by performing duties, such as supplying or holding product or tools.
Pros
I like the way the breaks were set up.
Cons
It did get really hot.
Elan had groundbreaking discovery science with a robust pre-clinical program
Staff Scientist (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAApril 4, 2013
Elan had an excellent corporate culture and robust discovery based approach to target identification and validation. Unfortunately, Research has been discontinued and the South San Francisco site has closed.
Fun place to work at.
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAFebruary 11, 2013
Productive and healthy environment to work. Friendly co-workers.