Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze dental insurance claims information needs and functional requirements. Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously. Work independently with business, sales and IT to define concepts and requirements under direction of the product, sales and project managers. Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements and reports.
- Design and develop processes and documentation for capturing data and reporting requirements from internal (employee) and external (customer and vendors) sources.
- Provides assistance to various organizations as required for database design and report design and development.
- Designs and implements accurate, secure, and efficient reports and other data artifacts.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date knowledge of data warehouse and database information and requirements for maximizing database potential.
- Ensures that databases are designed to meet reporting requirements.
- Responsible for activities and results of those activities specifically assigned and agreed upon.
- Assures the timely completion of the data projects and estimated costs.
- Assists IT operations in the identification and resolution of production and/or applications development problems related to the use of the database management system software or utilities.
- Monitor the system's development activities as they relate to the database development effort.
- Three (3) to five (5) years in Data or Business Analysis with a minimum of two (2) years of experience with healthcare claims, with a strong preference for dental claims background. Three (3) years’ experience with MS Excel utilizing advanced data analysis tools like pivot tables and MS Query.
- Must be competent in developing and debugging SQL stored procedures, views and other database objects.
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in Business Administration, Statistics, Mathematics, Accounting, or Computer Science), or equivalent work experience.
- Generally familiar with data warehouse and systems design, programming, and oral and written communications.
- Knowledge of healthcare insurance business processes and their interrelationships is desirable, and experience or specialized knowledge of the dental insurance claims industry in particular.
- Friendly presence, helpful attitude, and good interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication, preparation, and organizational skills.
- Ability to independently solve problems and multitask effectively.
- Ability to exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations as well as be able to adapt to a constantly changing environment
Indeed - 13 months ago