ELARA Engineering is a Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Fire Protection and Information Technology (MEPFPIT) consulting engineering firm located in Hillside, Illinois. Elara has a wide range of clients that include large campuses, higher education, high-rise condominiums and pharmaceutical companies. The firm specializes in developing and designing projects of new and existing buildings and campuses with concentration on the application of innovative, energy-related, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) technologies. The firm’s designs are practical in nature and reduce the cost of operating and maintaining their customers’ facilities. Elara has experienced steady growth throughout its history, including during the recent economy, and is still growing.
Elara Engineering promotes an office environment based on collaborative learning and teamwork. Engineers work in an open-office setting on a variety of projects that integrate expertise from multiple Elara colleagues as well as working directly with the firm’s principals, all of whom share a passion for energy-efficient, sustainable engineering designs. Engineers analyze the overall big picture, communicate with the client to determine the project goals, then deliver practical energy-efficient recommendations that optimize energy use throughout the site. Many of our projects have been recognized by ASHRAE, LEED, and Energy Star for excellence in engineering and energy performance.
We have an immediate opening for a qualified CAD Technician experienced in the drafting of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection and/or information technology systems. The individual we are seeking will exhibit personal drive, responsibility, be detailed-oriented, of outstanding character and have a desire to work in a team-based environment.
- Candidate must live in the Chicagoland area. Applicants outside of the Chicagoland area will not be considered.
- Candidate must have a minimum 2 years relevant CAD work experience.
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD 2007 or later.
- Must be proficient in MEPFPIT system drawing standards and symbols.
- Must have minimum associate level degree.
- Must have the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office 2007 or later.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- AutoCAD MEP and/or Revit MEP experience a plus.
- Review existing building drawings and extracting necessary information.
- Perform site visits to obtain field measurements and verify as-built conditions.
- Generate AutoCAD and Revit drawings to Elara drawing standards.
- Draft and assist in the design of MEPFPIT building systems.
- Format and edit of AutoCAD and Revit drawings for all disciplines.
- Coordinate with other disciplines for project specific information.
- Field measure existing MEPFPIT systems and draft them to scale.
- Perform field visits for compilation of MEPFPIT assessments.
- Continue education regarding MEPFPIT engineering and CAD/BIM software.
- Use Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint) for general office or project specific documentation.
- When not actively drafting new designs, responsibilities will include organizing and standardizing engineering libraries from a large and diverse group of existing details, schedules, etc. on existing drawings and in existing libraries.
- Medical insurance (PPO Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- Dental reimbursement
- Life insurance
- Long term disability
- 401K with guaranteed match (up to 4% of salary)
- Paid vacation and personal/sick time
- Paid holidays (7)
- Bonus based on personal and company performance