ELAVON, INC. Employee Reviews

Operates like a Start-up
Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 19, 2017
If you thrive in a Start-up atmosphere it may suit you. Despite Elavon being in business for 16+ years, it doesn't function like it. I prefer order, structure, equivalent distribution of work. I was based in Atlanta. This location was a bit chaotic with management changes and constant restructuring. The acronyms spin so quickly, once you learn one it's obsolete.

Working independently went well until I was not... I do not like micromanagers or manipulative people. Unfortunately, my division had both. There are constant jokes in formal meetings by those in leadership. They take pride in being so full of... as a result of working there. It just wasn't for me. I prefer order and integrity.
Pros
Breakrooms and beautiful outdoors
Cons
Micromanagers, unprofessional, start-up environment
Loved it
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 1, 2017
Loved working there. Managers and coworkers make the place wonderful. Review the company before you go. Try not yo be nervous. Say a prayer and good luck
Good company
Elavon Tech (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLMarch 16, 2017
Elavon is part of US Bank
I like the employees and people I worked with
Good work environment
Answered phones, help customers with Fusebox which was middle man software for credit cards
Toxic work environment
Recovery Agent (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 24, 2017
Management will document everything you do (including conversations) and use it against you during performance reviews. Management team does not know how to keep high performers. Recovery department is under terrible leadership. If all the managers were fired, the department will be a whole lot better. The director doesn't have collections experience and she doesn't know what she's doing.
Pros
Bonuses
Management is a joke.
Senior Funding Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 16, 2017
Management needs an overhaul. Abusing such words as perception, coaching and development and no one is qualified to do this due to high turnover and lack of management skills.
Not Ready for Prime Time!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaDecember 31, 2016
Poorly managed company from the top down. Management organization is top-heavy with too many chiefs and not enough Indians.The training and support for the sales organization is almost non-existent. Turnover is relatively high and morale is very low. Local management is clueless and provides virtually no support. Compensation plan is a major disappointment and they never pay correctly. Constantly filing payroll discrepancy reports and they still never pay you....

Technology and products/services are well behind the industry. It is hard to feel good when you are gouging your customers with excessive fees and products they do not need.
Pros
Good parent company
Cons
Poor compensation plan with constant comission discrepencies.
Horrible environment and managers.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 26, 2016
I worked here on a temp assignment that was supposed to go full-time. The Call Center manager fired me because he said I was unprofessional. The reason he said that was because I emailed him and asked when the opportunity to be hired permanently was going to come around. Really?!? The first day in training he said he had an "open door" policy. I am a lot of things, but trust me unprofessional is not one of them. I was top on my team with stats and my manager loved me. There were days when there were over 150 calls holding and you would look around and see team leads standing around laughing.
Pros
Loved my co workers, nice big cubicles
Cons
30 min lunch, horrible management
Great work enviornment
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando FloridaJune 17, 2015
Be prepared, organized, and have a plan of action everyday to close business. Also, have a back up plan in case your day becomes challenging and out of order.

The hardest part is having clients keep a schedule and time, so you have to prepare and confirm time to stay on track.
Pros
Creating your own work schedule & managing your own territory
Cons
Not having enough time in the day to complete your tasks