Elavon Employee Reviews in United States

Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 28, 2016
Good place to work once you are far along in your career. They have a good work life balance. Good benefits for employees.
Run away
CS Telephone rep (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 3, 2016
Idk who is writing these other reviews, but this is one of the worst companies I have ever been involved with. Once they use you for a period of time, they are happy for you to leave as it is cheaper for them to keep adding new butts in seats than it is to promote long term employees due to benefits. They continually train to replace their revolving door. You are nothing but a number. One employee who had been there over 10 years had been extremely ill and had to leave in an ambulance and was given an occurrence. Sadly she passed away a few weeks later. Don't put yourself through the BS for a company who coukd care less. The humiliation these people dish out, you can do better no matter your training.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
You will never see the benefits due to the mgmmt sryle
A solid company
Business Solutions Sales Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 30, 2015
Elavon has new upper management who have instituted some culture-shifting approaches to sales and customer care.

Their ideas have been very solid and rooted in the best practices.

Increased customer focus
Increased transparency with employees
Updates on status

These improvements are great for the company as a whole, but have yet to trickle down to employees as salaries and bonuses remain stymied.

If you are looking to stabilize your career, this is a good fit.
If you have a stable career already, this is not a company whose greatest strength is elevation.
Pros
Great work atmosphere, work/life balance, good management team
Cons
Compensation
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 5, 2016
Working at Elavon which is subsidiary employer to US Bank is a good company to work for. A typical day is helping our clients fix their credit card machines, billing questions and reviews and troubleshooting any issues that they may have and resolving them as First Call Resolution. My co-workers are good people and who work hard and have a great team player ethic. The hardest part of my job is having limited information on equipment so it makes it harder to fix their issues and resolve their problems on the equipment we provide them. The easiest or enjoyable part is we can personalizing the call and talking to the customers and getting to know them and their type of business and who they are.
Pros
hours, flexibility, personilization, atmosphere
Cons
lack of advancement oppertunites
Very misleading
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 13, 2016
Started this job in February, was told I would get 6 weeks of training, after two weeks I was thrown to the wolves, no communication and managers on the floor are not trained to assist you with the most basic of questions. After a month I was put back in training for funding what would normally be a two week training course was given to me in a matter of three days. When I was less than two weeks away from passing my 90 day "trial time" period I was told that the paid sick leave we are entitled to use was misused. The company has "decided" that you are not serious about this job. Cleaned my desk and escorted me out of the building, while stripped of my dignity as well as job security I left. I advise if you take a job at this company BEWARE as they hire non stop to constantly shuffle out people. Good pay but that is what lures you in.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, human resources, parking, resources
Good place to work!
Deployment - Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 8, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Plenty of opportunities for advancement in multiple different areas. The company is full of employees with long tenures of service.
Not the best, but not a terrible place to work
Customer Care Representative/Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 17, 2016
The company is decent, not as morally upstanding as I had hoped. Also does not really appreciate better ways to do things if it cost any money (it is owned by a bank). Overall the position is not bad, it is just not my kind of work.
Pros
Good entry-level pay, fantastic benefits
Cons
Desk job, customers
Productive.
Account Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COOctober 6, 2015
I enjoyed my time as an employee at Elavon. The work flow was consistent and challenging at times. Friendly co-workers and company pot lucks along with company lunches off site allowed for some positive memories.
Pros
Choice between 30-1hr lunch
Cons
Management technique
Typical Work Day
Regional Account Executive (Former Employee) –  KnoxvilleAugust 26, 2015
Reputable Company with forward-thinking structure.
I learned how to be a self-motivator from working from home.
Decent management
Hardest part of the job was the large territory I supported
The most enjoyable part of the job was building it from the ground up and seeing my hard work pay off.
Good work environment
Data Entry 1 (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 6, 2015
I believe Elavon is a great company to work for, for many different reasons. In the dept. I am in we have flex hours, this really helps out those of us with children who may need to have more of a flexible schedule due to school, and or events for the kids. My co-workers and I get along well and work as a team to ensure we get done all of our daily tasks. Our management is always there for us in any way they can be to support us and or answer any questions we may have.
Pros
flex hours & good benifits
Cons
insurance
Micro manage from top down. No upward mobility. ineffective managers
Merchant Services Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAApril 16, 2012
I put 100,000 miles on my new car in 3 years covering my territory. The last manager I had (there were 4 in 4 years) was at best inept at being a manager. He would never hesitiate to let us know if we were not performing and that his compensation was being affected by our sales. Daily reporting calls were unnecessary and at times embarassing as each memeber reported the days sales efforts. The Team was great and we all tried to help each other. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting with Merchants. I enjoyed the one on one with them.
Pros
there were no pros
Cons
micro management
Stable company
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 27, 2015
Great place to work. Customers are amazing. Relaxed atmosphere. Peers are easy to work with and very helpful. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone.
High Ethical Values, Able to advance from within
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Relationship ServicesMarch 3, 2015
Elavon is a great company to work for as the hold a very high level of ethical standards. My direct manager is excellent and always there to assist in any needs and she is key to the success of our team. My co-workers work as a true team supporting each other in any way possible. Elavon is great for advancing from within where new hires will work on the basic customer care team, where there is an opening in another department this posted those in the company and rarely are these positions filled by outside application but rather from within therefore advancement is available at Elavon.
Great opportunity depending on position.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 28, 2014
Flexible work schedules and great benefits, but may be limited unless you have a position with advancement potential.
Good Experience but not a career
Outside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 20, 2012
Was a great learning experience to someone new to outside b2b sales. Helps to have banking experience prior to accepting position. Goals were extremely high and pressure was intense, however sales in this industry is generally commission only while Elavon offered a considerable base plus commissions. Had 2 bad months back to back and was let go after 1 1-2 years in a position that went through 4 reps in one year prior to me taking to job. All in all Elavon is a good company and although I felt I was let go pretty quickly I was compensated very well throughout my tenure there. If Merchant Service is something you enjoy selling I couldn't imagine a better place to be.
Pros
$$$$$$$$ and outside sales lifestyle
Cons
very cut-throat
Wonderful place to work; Always dressing up Mon-Thurs
Telesales Representative (Inside Sales) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 13, 2014
A great experience indeed! I loved the inbound calls from business owners to take advantage of all the perks for merchant services. Building customer rapport and knowing that you was the only connection for them to become successful in their business. I loved dressing up in suits and 2 pieces to represent my professionalism and allowing it to show over the phone.

A typical day was always busy and the hardest is trying to persuade business owners to get Elavon's merchant services if they already want services with a competitor. The most enjoyable were the co workers and management. We all were like family and loved pay day!
Pros
perks, discounts, dinner banquets, relationships with customers
Cons
n/a
Productive but Stressful Place to Work.
International CSR Rep. (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 18, 2014
Punched in and got on the phone, set computer to receive calls, answered phones as calls came in, assisted callers, etc.
I learned mostly terminals 98% of the time, assisted merchants in functioning of their terminals, forms, research and refunds or ach.
Co-workers kept to themselves mostly unsocial but the French team were very out going eager to help each and assist when needed.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with the functioning of U.S. terminals. The most enjoyable part of my job was speaking to the french speaking Canadian merchants. The Canadian terminals were very easy to work with and resolve issues fast.
Pros
learning new skills
Cons
benefits, insurance
Excellent Place to work at but I am looking for more.
Senior Team Lead, Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 11, 2012
A typical day at work includes follow up of emails and customer check point. Prioritize my responsibilities with customer contact. Consolidate team stats and send weekly reports to senior executives.
As team lead in a new department, I developed and implemented customer personas to help us target customer needs based on characteristics of their life cycle with the organization.

My coworkers show a lot of entuthiasm and commitment to this program that's main focus is to create compelling experiences every time, every customer.
The hardest part of the job is providing results with limited resources, nevertheless results are always delivered on time.

The most enjoyable part of the job is collaborating with my co-workers on implementing new programs that satisfy our customer base, this job also allows an individual freedom to bring new ideas to the table which allows me to feed my need for creativity and research.
Pros
space for creative outlet
Cons
healthcare, systems resources.
Professional, very productive and fun atmosphere
Merchant Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Largo FlSeptember 20, 2013
I loved going to work. The work and the people were a pleaure to work with. The type of work and the industry was very interesting, no 2 days were alike. I often shared with my boss that doing my job made me feel like a CSI agent, with every order and customer I felt like I was cracking a case. That made the position interesting.
Pros
management often threw parties for the employees
Cons
sometimes meeting the deadlines made things a bit stressful but that was the nature of the business
I love this place!
Business Solutions Acciunt Executive (Current Employee) –  AtlantaMay 13, 2014
Supportive work environment. Management is very helpful and process a great human element. From the North American president on down -everyone rolls their sleeves up and work! Do your job and no one gets in your way. Constant training available, management very approachable. My Co workers are great and are an extended family of sorts. I've met people that have been here for 14yrs.
Pros
help is a call away, great work environment

2.8