Elbit Systems of America

Elbit Systems of America Employer Reviews

Reduction in Force - loved working with team members
Operations Manager and Training Specialist III (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXDecember 4, 2014
Rediction in Force, Prefer not to reveiw Loved team members
Not stable
Test Technician (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXOctober 13, 2014
Cons: healthcare going down and cost up
Union and company do not get along. Lots of down time. Management not good at getting new work so lots of layoffs.
Has a great work environment.
Mechanical Engineering intern (Former Employee), Merrimack, NHMay 22, 2014
Very experienced employees, great work environment that doesn't stress you.
A nice place to work
Mechanical Engineer II (Current Employee), Merrimack, NHMay 8, 2014
Overall there are good opportunities at Elbit to advance your career.
Fun, challenging work with great people.
Medical Manufacturing Intern (Former Employee), Merrimack, NHApril 28, 2014
Pros: great people, reasonable hours and compensation, good learning experience
My time at Elbit Systems of America was some of the most fun I've had in my professional career.

My work was mainly in manufacturing. This included writing BOM's, organizing parts, cooperating with the parts inspection team, and building bloodwork sub-assemblies. Every day of work was a new challenge, and the thought of going in to work made me enjoy – more... the sound of my alarm clock every morning.

Throughout my employment at Elbit, there was constant emphasis on the ideals of communication and designing for manufacturing. These were concepts that I wasn't taught in my formal education's curriculum, and greatly helped me improve myself as an engineer.

The best part of Elbit Systems of America as a company is the people. My coworkers and superiors were kind and personable, and were always willing to answer any questions I had.

I thoroughly enjoyed my work with Elbit Systems of America, and am grateful for my time spent there. – less
Takes care of its workers, helps them develop new skills
Mechanical/Electrical Assembler (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 25, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits, nice facility, high quality product
Cons: management could be oblivious
This company gave me most of my manufacturing experience and skills. They put me through most of my certification classes and moved me around the facility, helping me learn new things. However, management and planning didn't always listen to the people on the floor.
Very good workplace
Electronics Technician (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLMarch 31, 2014
Pros: great benefits and healthcare packages
Cons: possibility for lay-offs if the military contracts are not re-newed
This company works under various military contracts which normally last for years.
difficult to RFQ based on minimal specs, prints etc
Senior Buyer (Former Employee), ft worth txDecember 10, 2013
difficult and not a typical buyer environment, all buys based on programs, many many audits

January 29, 2014

I heard ESA was a very difficult place to work at (Quorum location) the standards were different every day---need to get rid of some managers & above

Good place to work, nice people to work with.
MRB Chairman | Quality Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 13, 2013
Overall a good place to work, I had many good years there. The people are nice to work with and the culture is friendly. The balance between family and work is a good one.
Could have been better but also could have been worse
Machine Operator II (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLJuly 16, 2013
A typical workday started at 7am and ended at 4:30pm. I learned how to operate various machines and I learned how to assemble various products. Management was good overall and my co- workers were also good overall. The hardest part of the the job was working weeks at a time without a day off. I enjoyed mostly everything about my job. I was happy that – more... I had a full-time job. – less
Program Manager (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 22, 2013
Pros: 1/2 day fridays
Cons: time difference with parent company
Contracts with US Govt and most of the manufacturing was done at the parent company in Israel. Could be difficult to contact peers due to time difference. Getting the US Govt to accept the truth during communications was difficult because we were constantly late with deliveries.
Horrible MGMT & HR Personnel- low morale
Manager M7 Aerospace (Current Employee), San Antonio TXApril 17, 2013
Pros: 9/80 every other friday off
Cons: constant layoffs, harassment tolerated, unfriendly hr, overall low morale
Everyone around here has low morale because of the constant laying off, if your a bit talented they will boot you out or harass you until you quit in fear that you might take their jobs. No point in going to HR, the manager there is the same and the other HR workers are scared to death to even talk to you. Harassment & workplace bullying is tolerated – more... by all management & HR. Everyone is anti-social & keeps to themselves. Employees are content with doing the bare minimum as long they get the big bucks, over achievers do not exist here & if you're found- good luck! Company didn't tell us that if we didn't exercise our health insurance would go up. Only perk is every other Friday off. – less
A good culture and great balance of work life
Technical Program Manager (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 4, 2013
Pros: monthly meetings
Cons: can't think of any.
Management is very approachable, and the co workers are a pleasure to work with. You learn a lot with this company.
Flexible hours and generous leave schedule
Manager Special Projects, Mergers & Acquisitions (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 3, 2013
Pros: flexible hours, great benefits
Cons: healthcare was becoming an issue with higher costs. not in florida near my family any longer.
I was able to sharpen my Project Management skillset as well as work with high ranking company officials.
Could be worse
AP Clerk (Current Employee), Merrimack NHMarch 10, 2013
Pros: occassional bonuses
Cons: micromanaging
Your breaks and comings and goings are not heavily monitored which is nice since we are all adults.
Co-workers keep to themselves, not many associate outside of work.
Very busy but not much structure.
Explosive Sales and Marketing
Vice President Business Development (Former Employee), New HampshireFebruary 7, 2013
Energetic, forward-looking sales and marketing executive with a global perspective, turning opportunities into double-digit increases in revenue profits through teamwork. A take-charge leader skilled as a communicator, decision maker, and mentor. Develops and executes successful business strategies and builds and manages high performance sales and marketing – more... teams through leadership and collaborative interaction. Strong domestic and international experience. Trilingual (English, Greek, and Spanish) – less
Great Company
Marketing Operations Manager (Former Employee), Fort Worth TexasFebruary 4, 2013
ESA is a great company to work for. They are experiencing the same slow growth trends of other defense contractors but overall a good company to be a part of.
Lead Technician (Former Employee), Talladega, ALJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: free lunches. flex time.
Cons: corporate
Great place to work overall. Pay is decent, could be better. The corporate office sometimes gets in the way but overall would recommend.
Medical Division - interesting work; great people
Administrative Assistant to Director of Operations (Former Employee), Merrimack, NHNovember 14, 2012
Pros: every other fri off
Cons: climate of the workplace is changing
Great place to work. Every other Friday off. Good people and interesting work.
Flexible Hours, lack of communication
Principal Electrical Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXNovember 6, 2012
Learned LabView and TestStand

Indecisive Management

Lack of communication between departments

About Elbit Systems of America

Elbit Systems makes fighter jets feistier and soldiers' eyes sharper by supplying and upgrading defense electronics for airborne, – Read more