Elbit Systems of America Employee Reviews

under payed .insurance high .management bad
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Talladega, ALJuly 18, 2016
Co workers very good to work around ,management having unethical activities with workers.very nasty to employees. And all ways lieing.very under payed.insurance very high with lack of coverage and increasing every year
Pros
flex time
Cons
wage. health benefits. management
A good place work
Mechanical Assembler B (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 12, 2015
It was a fun place to work with supportive management that help me to learn. There was a lot of variety in I did each day, ranging from the monotonous tasks to new projects that were challenging and exciting.
Pros
Good benefits, good pay
Cons
layoff often
Fun, challenging work with great people.
Medical Manufacturing Intern (Former Employee) –  Merrimack, NHApril 28, 2014
My time at Elbit Systems of America was some of the most fun I've had in my professional career.

My work was mainly in manufacturing. This included writing BOM's, organizing parts, cooperating with the parts inspection team, and building bloodwork sub-assemblies. Every day of work was a new challenge, and the thought of going in to work made me enjoy the sound of my alarm clock every morning.

Throughout my employment at Elbit, there was constant emphasis on the ideals of communication and designing for manufacturing. These were concepts that I wasn't taught in my formal education's curriculum, and greatly helped me improve myself as an engineer.

The best part of Elbit Systems of America as a company is the people. My coworkers and superiors were kind and personable, and were always willing to answer any questions I had.

I thoroughly enjoyed my work with Elbit Systems of America, and am grateful for my time spent there.
Pros
Great people, reasonable hours and compensation, good learning experience
Takes care of its workers, helps them develop new skills
Mechanical/Electrical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 25, 2014
This company gave me most of my manufacturing experience and skills. They put me through most of my certification classes and moved me around the facility, helping me learn new things. However, management and planning didn't always listen to the people on the floor.
Pros
Excellent benefits, nice facility, high quality product
Cons
Management could be oblivious
Very organized and focused atmosphere
Electronic Technician (Current Employee) –  Talladega, ALMay 2, 2016
Good people to work with, taught me alot about troubleshooting electronics. Also very patient and willing to take the time necessary to train new people.
Elbit Systems of America
Assembler, III (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 19, 2015
It was a great company until the Tallahassee office was taken over by new management and after a year the plant was closed down.
Pros
benifits
Cons
short breaks, more managment
Flexible hours and generous leave schedule
Manager Special Projects, Mergers & Acquisitions (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 3, 2013
I was able to sharpen my Project Management skillset as well as work with high ranking company officials.
Pros
flexible hours, great benefits
Cons
healthcare was becoming an issue with higher costs. not in florida near my family any longer.
excellent place to work
Assembler B (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX 76179February 5, 2016
everday was a great day management was awesome, best co-workers and a place with lots of opportunity I held many positions and was always given a chance to hold another position
Great place for interns to work while going to school
Finance Intern- Clerical (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 10, 2015
I was an intern, so I do not have much to say about their benefits, etc. However, it was a nice company in general to work for.
Pros
Flexible schedules as an intern
The company was great.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  TallahasseeMarch 8, 2012
The company is a great company to work for. Unfortunately about a year after the new management team came in they close the location in Tallahassee and about 300 people lost their jobs.
Pros
great benefits and good pay.
Cons
company relocated
Great working enviroment
Project Engineering Representative (PER) (Former Employee) –  TaiwanFebruary 22, 2016
I was always given the opportunity to grow in a professional manner. I was also encouraged to ask questions and express my concerns.
Optimized corporate culture
Principal Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 13, 2016
Great place to work and gain experience in the aerospace industry. Opportunity exists to grow skills in project management.
Very good workplace
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 31, 2014
This company works under various military contracts which normally last for years.
Pros
Great benefits and healthcare packages
Cons
Possibility for lay-offs if the military contracts are not re-newed
rework and soldier
rework and soldier (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 4, 2012
loved it,,would still be there if the plant didnt close,i said everything i needed to. the hours and benefits was awesome they should have never shut it down
Pros
alot of family involvement
Cons
plant closed
Very unhappy with this company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 24, 2012
The company was great until it was bought out by someone else and then it went down hill and closed. Worked there for 17years.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
manament needs a good overhaul
Horrible Bosses
Administration (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJuly 3, 2012
Elbit Systems of America is the most horrible place I have ever worked in my entire career. The management -- CEO on down leads by fear and intimidation. The Business Unit Leader who runs and the Land & C4I unit is a sorry excuse for a human being and knows nothing about leadership. Any one considering a position with Elbit Systems of America should really consider looking elsewhere for employment. They have had SIGNIFICANT layoffs over the past two years.
Cons
everything at esa is a con -- in more ways than one!
Great place to gain hands on experience and learn as much as possible.
Components Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TexasOctober 17, 2015
Elbit allows people to really work hands on and learn as much as possible as well as make connections. The work environment is very relaxed and easy going, which allows people to perform better at work.
Pros
Hands on experience, good connections
Horrible MGMT & HR Personnel- low morale
Manager M7 Aerospace (Current Employee) –  San Antonio TXApril 17, 2013
Everyone around here has low morale because of the constant laying off, if your a bit talented they will boot you out or harass you until you quit in fear that you might take their jobs. No point in going to HR, the manager there is the same and the other HR workers are scared to death to even talk to you. Harassment & workplace bullying is tolerated by all management & HR. Everyone is anti-social & keeps to themselves. Employees are content with doing the bare minimum as long they get the big bucks, over achievers do not exist here & if you're found- good luck! Company didn't tell us that if we didn't exercise our health insurance would go up. Only perk is every other Friday off.
Pros
9/80 every other friday off
Cons
constant layoffs, harassment tolerated, unfriendly hr, overall low morale
Terrible place to work
QA (Former Employee) –  San AntonioSeptember 27, 2012
M7 was a great place to work until it was bought by Elbit. They came in here, laid off 40% of the employees and took all of our perks to include our onsite diner, star performer awards and other incentives. They executive staff was replaced with other Elbit ppl and they have no clue what we do here since its different from other Elbit locations, the moral is so low that no one wants to participate in anything anymore. In the short time we have been Elbit I have seen over 3 Director level personnel leave because of how unhappy they were. This was my place to retire from, but not now.
Pros
lame christmas party....
Cons
work environment, ppl, human resources personnel, management.
Explosive Sales and Marketing
Vice President Business Development (Former Employee) –  New HampshireFebruary 7, 2013
Energetic, forward-looking sales and marketing executive with a global perspective, turning opportunities into double-digit increases in revenue profits through teamwork. A take-charge leader skilled as a communicator, decision maker, and mentor. Develops and executes successful business strategies and builds and manages high performance sales and marketing teams through leadership and collaborative interaction. Strong domestic and international experience. Trilingual (English, Greek, and Spanish)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elbit Systems of America. Our community is ready to answer.