Elder-Beerman Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHJuly 16, 2017
Worked register and stocked floor. Worked directly with customers. Retail hours are tough and no time to enjoy the Holidays with family. Loved working with people and merchandise.
Pros
Working with people
Cons
Working Holidays
making people happy
Cosmetic sales (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHJuly 12, 2017
It was a fun job doing make-up and helping people feel better about their self. make-up was fun to learn. walking around trying to get people to try the product was also fun.
Cashier, helping customers, setting weekly sales
Department Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHJuly 8, 2017
I had to help open stock before opening store, I enjoyed helping customers find what they were looking for,(coats and bathing suits.)
Setting store sales, enjoyed the employees, keeping sales floor neat.
productive and fun workplace with great coworkers
ecommerce (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 8, 2017
I had a blast working here, all the people working there were always nice and easy to talk to. We were all a big team, there was never any drama, and it was fun working there.
Fun place to work
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 5, 2017
This was a very organized company. You always knew your work schedule well in advance. The only negative comment I can make is that it was only Christmas help.
Wonderful and understanding staff
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJune 25, 2017
A good place to start off working and learning different situations. The staff is very understanding and willing to help you learn. Possible growth in this business.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
part time
Typical High School Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJune 22, 2017
This job was for many high school aged kids who don't know how to be professional in a work environment. There was no professionalism at all in this environment.
excellent manager in my department
customer service associate (Current Employee) –  Adrian, MIMay 29, 2017
I love my manager that over looks me in mens I feel like she understands the everyday struggle of making ends meet and getting by in life. She is an outstanding person and an excellence person to look up to. I love our employee discount. I don't like that we have to always get people to sign up for rewards credit cards because people usually already have them or don't want another credit card.
Pros
employee discount, working around other job schedule
Cons
not enough hours
pretty good would do again
Women's Department, Cashier, Dressing Rooms (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHMay 18, 2017
Working there was alright, they wouldn't let you have days off without a months notice. The job was easy and a good workout and time flew by because you stay busy.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Can't call off without a months notice
Nice place to work during the busy season
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, OHMay 13, 2017
It's a great place to work seasonally. You don't get alot of hours unless you've worked there over a year. The pay is alright. The breaks aren't bad. For the most part the place us fairly slow.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Not many hours
Love customer service
Beauty Consultant/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Philadelphia, OHMay 12, 2017
I myself love working in customer service when you have amazing co-workers to support you and amazing products to offer customers you have a win-win situation.
Pros
Co-workers Rock!
Cons
Can not always make everyone happy all the time.
productive place to work and friendly
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHMay 11, 2017
folded clothes, stocked shelves, helped customers. cashier. very nice managers and very nice and clean place to work. hardest part of the job was sometimes not having enough to do. Most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers.
Pros
friendly place
Retail experience
Sales Associate - Shoe Department (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHApril 30, 2017
It is your basic retail job. Daily routines and guidelines dictate your day. If you enjoy routines, this is the job for you. There are many repeat customers and they like seeing familiar faces.
Out of Touch with the Times
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MIApril 23, 2017
I worked for Elder-Beerman stores in 1999. At that time, as an area sales manager, I worked with a team of managers and a store manager. There was little to no consistency in expectations, communication, and performance evaluations. The store manager was disengaged and not available. Corporate expectations for staff included dress code for female managers that dictated "allowed" colors and heel height. The company demonstrated more effort and concern on mandates and out-dated expectations for staff rather than sales initiatives, store appearance, modernizing displays and/or visuals, and customer service. The hardest part of the job was working for a company that did not seek input from customers or staff -- the policies, products, and procedures did not fit the local community, staff, or customers.
Productive work place, all about customer care
Shoe Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, INApril 7, 2017
I enjoy working here because the customer service is great. I'm glad to be apart of such an interactive job. Unfortunately, the pay is a little low for me.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVMarch 24, 2017
This company was a good company to work for. I learned to work with a diverse group of people to get the job done.

The hardest part of the job would have to be dealing with rude customers. You learn to keep smiling and go and the back and scream later.

I found satisfaction in knowing that I usually did a good job at the end of the day, even though I may not have always been told that.
Pros
Met a lot of interesting people.
Cons
Met a lot of rude people.
Bad management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hurricane, WVMarch 17, 2017
This store had a bad store manager who was not in touch with the struggles store employees faced. Due to the economy hours at times were scarce. Too many duties assigned to one person and not enough time to complete them properly.
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Ashland, KYMarch 12, 2017
I love my JOB and I love what I do! they have given me proper training when I first started my job that way I knew how to be better at the job. I work for great people, my managers are very awesome people and very down to earth and understanding. The hardest part of my job would be setting sale or doing inventory which inventory only comes around once a year. My job is not complicated, I service and greet customers in a manner the way you would want to be treated. I do the best I can to the fullest of my ability.
Pros
i cant complain, i love the company i work for
Cons
benefits for short hr associate
Constant work
Sales Associate/ Dock Associate (Former Employee) –  Huber Heights, OHFebruary 25, 2017
always something to do either cashing out a customer to folding clothes and restocking.
I learned how to work a cash register and how to up sell things to costumers.
Management is nice but they have a terrible look out on their employees
enjoyed working there
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIFebruary 22, 2017
Through the years that I worked there, the atmosphere and culture changed drastically. Upper management did not understand the changing times in the area of the store
Pros
only department store in town
Cons
changing times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elder-Beerman. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9