ELDER-BEERMAN

ELDER-BEERMAN Employee Reviews

The management is excellent.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Huber Heights, OHMay 8, 2015
Pros: extra discount
Cons: long hours
The management is the best management I have ever worked with. The co-workers are all really nice. The hardest part of the job was working around the holidays. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting all the different kinds of employees and customers.
I hated this place
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Athens, OHMarch 30, 2015
This job was my worst job I've every had. The people were rude, I never got hours, and I was never given the chance for advancement. Overall bad experience.
Nice Store
Inventory Associate (Current Employee), Ashland, KYMarch 2, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: lack of hours
I hired on as seasonal to get me through Christmas. I was invited to stay on afterwards. I do enjoy the work and the people. I love having a discount at the store. The management have been very kind.
productive and fun workplace.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Coldwater, MIJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: management always had contests, parties, or other company events to show their appreciation.
Cons: no complaints.
I enjoyed everything about this job including the people I worked with and the everyday customers. The Managers were amazing and hard working.
Productive and a great place to work
Kids01 Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winfield, WVOctober 22, 2014
Pros: provide employees with tools to maintain and increase sales and service levels to customers, understandable, and make you feel like family.
Customer service, cashiering, opening up Instant Credit Card Applications, and many other administrative tasks.

Merchandising in department store sales and operations.
Employee training, stocking merchandise, collaborate with Department Manager to create strategic plans to enhance customer satisfaction.

Unloaded truck of merchandise, stocking new merchandise set with floor plans.
Sizing and colorizing merchandise
Inventory control
Productive and fun. Able to meet new people every day.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, IN/Marion, INAugust 23, 2014
Pros: wonderful benefits, made great friends, and learned a lot.
Cons: it was difficult for me to a life outside of work, as i was always tired from being on my feet all day.
I would ring out customers, straighten merchandise, put out new stock. I learned how to interact with people on a level I never knew prior to working retail. Management was always able to help me to learn new things, especially with prototype stores. My coworkers were there to cover my breaks and help when management was not around. Being on my feet all day long was probably the hardest part of that job. It was enjoyable to to see all the new merchandise come in for the new seasons.
good place too work
sales associate (Current Employee), toledo,ohioAugust 21, 2014
love working there. the staff if amazing and on a day to day I get to try every dept expect shoes, cosmetics, and fine jewelry which im fine with. The hours are ok but the scheduling is crazy. nice people that I work with. Money could be a little better for what we do but its suitable.
Fun work place great staff.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dayton, OHJune 22, 2014
Pros: grat co-workers and management staff.
Cons: retail hours are long especially around the holidays.
I would Greet and assist customers in various departments throughout the store. I was offered the opportunity to work in the more profitable departments within the organization. I got along well with my co-workers and made friends as well. I enjoyed helping the customers find the things that they needed and they left the store feeling satisfied with my services.
Good Starting Out Retail Position
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Morgantown, West VirginiaJune 20, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: compensation, benefits, not enough hours
Learned how to use a cashier, count the drawer, and check out customers. Management and coworkers were okay. Hardest part was dealing with rude customers/coworkers. More relaxed than a food service job.
Slower paced department store with lower end fashions.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Coldwater, MIMarch 25, 2014
If you are a young woman, this is not the store for you. This store caters to more older adults, and they usually are not too happy with young ladies helping them.
Management had no idea what they were doing.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New Philadelphia OhioMarch 24, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: bad management, bad scheduling
I worked for Elder Beerman for the holiday season as a temporary associate.
I have never met more unprofessional managers in my life. When asking questions you were made to feel stupid. Once I called the MOD to get change for a register and was told "That's not my problem".
The HR manager would never return phone calls or emails about my end date and after not scheduling me for two weeks I decided to not come back in.
The coupon rules are all but ridiculous over anything.
I would never work there again or shop there.
Shoe Crazy
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Vienna, WVMarch 10, 2014
While working at Elder-Beerman I worked strictly in the shoe department. It was mostly a busy time. The co-workers were wonderful. I learned a lot as in dealing with clientell. Hardest part of the job was the customer service. You always had to make sure they were satisfied.
Productive and able to interact with customers.
Sales Associate/Shipping/Receiving (Former Employee), Midland, MIFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: interacting with customers.
Sales Associate Shipping and receiving Sales Floor Departments, Men’s, Children’s, shoes, and Home Goods. Typical day at work was always busy. I learned a lot about retail. Management was fun to get along with. The co-workers were really nice. The hardest part was trying to work in each area when asked. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers.
A good place to work with attention to detail.
Assistant Area Sales Manager (Former Employee), Springfield, OHJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: guaranteed lunches, allowed a break.
Cons: not enough people to work areas.
A typical day at work consisted of getting departmental signage set for the upcoming sale, straightening of departments, greeting customers, and marking down clearance items.
Enjoy working there, they are very nice and I like the work overall.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Zanesville, OHOctober 25, 2013
Pros: helping customers, free food at certain times, nice co-workers, incentives like money for credit cards, gifts for selling certain things.
Cons: standing long hours, no advancement and want more hours, i am only allowed 1, 000 hrs in a year.
Depending on what shift I work, I open registers, I set the sales, greet the customers and do cashiering duties. I also ask if customers have our credit cards and sign them up for one if they want. We also take donations for charities, at times. If we do not have item in store, we can order through our registers and have item sent to their home. We check dressing rooms every half hour and mark off. Put away returns (after taking the returns). We also take payments for the store credit cards. We keep our areas clean and straightened. We put away merchandise that comes in on truck.
If we close we count and balance registers, lock doors, clean and straighten, put equipment away and shut off lights.
enjoyed, but long hours
Department Manager - Retail Sales (Former Employee), Centerville, OhioSeptember 20, 2013
Pros: discounts, meeting people, solving problems, merchandising
Cons: long, hard hours, on feet up to 14 hour days
I started in sales, in the Women's Coat Department and at the end of my employment, I had advanced to Supervisor over
Bridal, Regency (high end fashion clothing), all Women's Clothing Departments (Juniors, Women's, etc.)
fun place to work
Visual (Current Employee), West VirginiaSeptember 15, 2013
Pros: fairly laid back environment. doesnt feel like "work"
Highly recommend this company. Compensation is fair, hours are great, management is outstanding.
Great Management
Associate (Current Employee), Defiance, OHSeptember 14, 2013
Elder-Beerman is a really great place to work. They have encouraging management that will always build you up. The hardest part of my job is the lack of work sometimes. It can get boring and I like to always have something to do!
Exciting place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Vienna, WVAugust 30, 2013
At Elder-Beerman, I am responsible for checking out customers at the register, checking fitting rooms, completing markdowns, setting sales, and balancing my cash drawer at store close. I have only worked here for about a month and a half so I am still learning, and have great co-workers who always help me when I have a question.
Productive work environment
Stock Room Employee (Former Employee), Danville, ILJuly 27, 2013
As a stock room associate, we were constantly busy. Every morning we would unload the truck and have to sort all the merchandise in those boxes. While doing that we also had to be on the selling floor to assist anyone who may need us. Also we were responsible for rearranging the selling floor and putting up shelving. We all got along great and had fun working.

About ELDER-BEERMAN

Elder-Beerman is part of the The Bon-Ton Stores, Inc., a regional department store operator in the United States, offering an – Read more

ELDER-BEERMAN Salaries