ELDER BEERMAN

ELDER BEERMAN Employer Reviews

Love the job
Stock (Current Employee), Heath, OHOctober 28, 2014
Pros: awesome people
Love the job love the people, great place to work.
Co workers are great
Easy to schedule with my second job.
Not just work its a career
Great first job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Huber Heights, OHOctober 20, 2014
Working at Elder Beerman on an average day would be pretty simple. You clock in and go to what department you work in. Then during your shift you're either helping customers find what they're looking for, straightening up your area, or behind the register.
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bridgeport, WVOctober 7, 2014
employees were very friendly and very nice, they helped me when i had a project.
decent pay, great employees, good customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Plover, WISeptember 3, 2014
holidays were busy loved the regulars and helping people find what they were looking for!!!
great starting out job
Department Manager (Former Employee), toledo ohAugust 20, 2014
this job is good for high school students. i worked at the northwood elder beerman and now it is closed.
good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Anderson, INAugust 4, 2014
Pros: like working with others
I love assisting others so good job for me I learned to listen to others needs and would ask questions or recommend things that might work instead
Fabulous job, wish i was still in this field sometimes.
Beauty Adviser/ Sales Representitive (Former Employee), Ashland Ky 41101July 16, 2014
Pros: free product, and traveling for seminars
Cons: other than the hours and management there were no cons.
A typical day at work, coming in the evening calling my regular customers to check on their skin and see if they needed any new product. Then I would begin my sales calls, calling one time customers and offering a free makeover to invite them back. My co-workers were amazing, I still keep in touch with them. The hardest part of my job was meeting our – more... monthly sales goals especially when I was only working 15 hours a week. The most enjoyable part was the customers, they were amazing and I loved giving makeovers for the high school dances. The management was poor, she yelled at employees, at customers and she was just an all around unpleasant boss. – less
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Charleston, WVJune 19, 2014
Pros: fun people to work with
Cons: logn hours on your feet
Go to section and get the day started. Learned basic clerical skills and how to run their cash register.
great seasonal job
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Monroe, MIMay 9, 2014
cleaned, put stock away, organize. set sales. Loved my manager. Also really liked my other bosses.
fun
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Former Employee), Miamisburg, OHApril 17, 2014
loved the discount and everyone was so helpful. the best deals and customer service is what you'll get
Elder Beerman
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chillicothe, OHFebruary 27, 2014
I enjoyed the short time I worked at Elder Beerman. I spent most of my time working the late afternoon and evening shifts which I liked. I learned several skills such as operating a cash register, waiting on customers, and stocking areas as needed. I got along with my co-workers and the people under whom I worked. The hardest thing about the job was – more... the drive from Waverly to Chillicothe when I had to come home and it was snowing or raining, and it was late at night.
I enjoyed the hours I worked though as I am more of a night person and I could sleep in the morning and go to work in the afternoon. Everyone was very helpful to answer any problem I might be confronted with and I enjoyed the time spent there. – less
Fun retail environment
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee), Warsaw. INFebruary 11, 2014
Fun retail environment. Hours were not conducive with raising small children.
Needs building up to code, all old order systems, low stock on freight
shoe department (Current Employee), Paducah KY 42001December 16, 2013
Pros: volunteers to help got gpa credits earned to help and model discounts
Cons: was not totally prepared was the first one my manager ever did, we made it though
I enjoy challenges and with the economy there will be alot to get sales and continued customers. I am a confident that upon reviewing my resume you will find I will be a great asset to your company for permanent employment. I look forward to meeting with you for further opportunity to join your staff.

I always try to assist customers to help ; some – more... are not comfortable in our stores taking the ease off helps them relax and feel like they join a great place to shop always offering our credit card and email events to each customer.

when unsatisfied customer is never happy offer the best we can do and let them know they are welcome back and will help in any way i could help; some we can never please but listen to anyway.

loss prevention is always a challenge at dillards we got 19 in one night a group from chicago had buses on parking lot, rented buggies not the best(had copies of licence on file!) they stole so much customers were even calling 911 had a store full , however by two in the morning had processed and banned all with mall help also had them banned from there also.

I did my first fashion show was terrified had 100 models music, their friends invited their best friends grandparents, tripled my day , Events in the kids department and juniors had alot of customers that day over 300 when started fashion show. was a blast the kids loved it. – less
It's a job.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Dayton, OHNovember 26, 2013
Pros: shift changes, ability to work full time hours
Cons: no benefits for short hour employees, no way to move up the corporate ladder, work attire limitations
A typical day includes scheduled hours that don't always coincide with my life. I've learned a great deal of patience and tolerance from working in retail.
There is quite a bit of turmoil and gossip among employees and managers on a day-to-day basis.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with people who are not always friendly or cooperative with store – more... policies. As well as not knowing your schedule more than a week in advance, unreasonable shifts, and holiday job responsibilities.
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to work with people I do get along with and being able to change my availability. – less
Fun workplace
Shoe Sales Associate/ Accessories and Jewelry (Former Employee), Lima, OHNovember 12, 2013
Pros: friendly and considerate
Cons: short breaks
Was very busy taking care of the shoe department. Whether it be changing merchandise signs, restocking merchandise or reorganizing, I always had something to do. I learned more about customer service and the merchandise within the store. Management were great and always very helpful. Co workers were enjoyable to be around. The hardest part was trying – more... to take care of both shoes and accessories/ jewelry at the same time. The most enjoyable was the people. Customers and co workers made it a great place to be. – less
Productive place to work and learn in all aspects of retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Coldwater, MINovember 11, 2013
Pros: working with great merchandise and great supervisors
Cons: benefits
Customer service was most important and the largest part of the job, but I also learned a lot about merchandising and setting up sales and how to effectively get stock out on time
elder beerman
Receiving Stocker (Former Employee), Springfield, OHNovember 8, 2013
it was ok but they did not work around my schooling. i learned receiving and stocking skills
Slow at times but a decent place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Huber Heights, OHOctober 22, 2013
Pros: safe clean enviroment
Cons: the pay isn't the best
Store can be slow at times but the customers and most of the staff are friendly. Most of the managers are nice and easy to work with. The hardest part of the job is when you do get busy and the schedule is tight so your alone in your area, but it helps the time to pass.
A day at work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Middletown, OHOctober 3, 2013
I just recently started working for this company and I really enjoy it! The managing is wonderful along with all of the employees there! Even the customers are fun to be around.
early experience
Clerk (Former Employee), Danville, ILSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: discounts, working with customers
Cons: short breaks long hours
working with customers, stocking shelves, making schedules. Deposits

1 2 3