ELDER BEERMAN

ELDER BEERMAN Employer Reviews

productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Charleston, WVJune 19, 2014
Pros: fun people to work with
Cons: logn hours on your feet
Go to section and get the day started. Learned basic clerical skills and how to run their cash register.
great seasonal job
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Monroe, MIMay 9, 2014
cleaned, put stock away, organize. set sales. Loved my manager. Also really liked my other bosses.
fun
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Former Employee), Miamisburg, OHApril 17, 2014
loved the discount and everyone was so helpful. the best deals and customer service is what you'll get
Elder Beerman
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chillicothe, OHFebruary 27, 2014
I enjoyed the short time I worked at Elder Beerman. I spent most of my time working the late afternoon and evening shifts which I liked. I learned several skills such as operating a cash register, waiting on customers, and stocking areas as needed. I got along with my co-workers and the people under whom I worked. The hardest thing about the job was – more... the drive from Waverly to Chillicothe when I had to come home and it was snowing or raining, and it was late at night.
I enjoyed the hours I worked though as I am more of a night person and I could sleep in the morning and go to work in the afternoon. Everyone was very helpful to answer any problem I might be confronted with and I enjoyed the time spent there. – less
Fun retail environment
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee), Warsaw. INFebruary 11, 2014
Fun retail environment. Hours were not conducive with raising small children.
Needs building up to code, all old order systems, low stock on freight
shoe department (Current Employee), Paducah KY 42001December 16, 2013
Pros: volunteers to help got gpa credits earned to help and model discounts
Cons: was not totally prepared was the first one my manager ever did, we made it though
I enjoy challenges and with the economy there will be alot to get sales and continued customers. I am a confident that upon reviewing my resume you will find I will be a great asset to your company for permanent employment. I look forward to meeting with you for further opportunity to join your staff.

I always try to assist customers to help ; some – more... are not comfortable in our stores taking the ease off helps them relax and feel like they join a great place to shop always offering our credit card and email events to each customer.

when unsatisfied customer is never happy offer the best we can do and let them know they are welcome back and will help in any way i could help; some we can never please but listen to anyway.

loss prevention is always a challenge at dillards we got 19 in one night a group from chicago had buses on parking lot, rented buggies not the best(had copies of licence on file!) they stole so much customers were even calling 911 had a store full , however by two in the morning had processed and banned all with mall help also had them banned from there also.

I did my first fashion show was terrified had 100 models music, their friends invited their best friends grandparents, tripled my day , Events in the kids department and juniors had alot of customers that day over 300 when started fashion show. was a blast the kids loved it. – less
It's a job.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Dayton, OHNovember 26, 2013
Pros: shift changes, ability to work full time hours
Cons: no benefits for short hour employees, no way to move up the corporate ladder, work attire limitations
A typical day includes scheduled hours that don't always coincide with my life. I've learned a great deal of patience and tolerance from working in retail.
There is quite a bit of turmoil and gossip among employees and managers on a day-to-day basis.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with people who are not always friendly or cooperative with store – more... policies. As well as not knowing your schedule more than a week in advance, unreasonable shifts, and holiday job responsibilities.
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to work with people I do get along with and being able to change my availability. – less
Fun workplace
Shoe Sales Associate/ Accessories and Jewelry (Former Employee), Lima, OHNovember 12, 2013
Pros: friendly and considerate
Cons: short breaks
Was very busy taking care of the shoe department. Whether it be changing merchandise signs, restocking merchandise or reorganizing, I always had something to do. I learned more about customer service and the merchandise within the store. Management were great and always very helpful. Co workers were enjoyable to be around. The hardest part was trying – more... to take care of both shoes and accessories/ jewelry at the same time. The most enjoyable was the people. Customers and co workers made it a great place to be. – less
Productive place to work and learn in all aspects of retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Coldwater, MINovember 11, 2013
Pros: working with great merchandise and great supervisors
Cons: benefits
Customer service was most important and the largest part of the job, but I also learned a lot about merchandising and setting up sales and how to effectively get stock out on time
elder beerman
Receiving Stocker (Former Employee), Springfield, OHNovember 8, 2013
it was ok but they did not work around my schooling. i learned receiving and stocking skills
Slow at times but a decent place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Huber Heights, OHOctober 22, 2013
Pros: safe clean enviroment
Cons: the pay isn't the best
Store can be slow at times but the customers and most of the staff are friendly. Most of the managers are nice and easy to work with. The hardest part of the job is when you do get busy and the schedule is tight so your alone in your area, but it helps the time to pass.
A day at work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Middletown, OHOctober 3, 2013
I just recently started working for this company and I really enjoy it! The managing is wonderful along with all of the employees there! Even the customers are fun to be around.
early experience
Clerk (Former Employee), Danville, ILSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: discounts, working with customers
Cons: short breaks long hours
working with customers, stocking shelves, making schedules. Deposits
Great Benefits
Pick Team Member (Former Employee), Miamisburg, OHSeptember 17, 2013
This is a fun place to work I like how they really take care of they're employees. I wish that this wasn't a seasonal position.
Enjoyed working with friendly individuals
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lima, OHSeptember 6, 2013
Cleaning, Sales, Custmer Service, Check Prices, set up for big sales
Great place to learn how to be successful at customer service.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Beavercreek, OHAugust 12, 2013
Spent a lot of time learning how to handle stock, product placement, customer service, and keeping up with the company mandated product policy.
enjoyable job and pleasant customers
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Howell, MIAugust 1, 2013
Pros: enjoyable employee's
Cons: poor managment, poor training
I enjoyed my time at Elder Beerman for the most part, I got to be around different types of people every day, the management changed a lot, there were always new employee's which sometimes did not get the full training leading to poor sales.
A stressful place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Huber Heights, OHJuly 14, 2013
Typical day was trying keep up with the flow of traffic. We usually were understaffed which made things extremely difficult. The department was typically messy due to the lack of employees. It was very difficult to stay positive there, so many things changing and management were no longer communicating well to each other. It made things more stressful – more... for employees, which is why I decided to find new employment. – less
Very productive, fast-paced, and laid back place of employment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Paducah, KYMay 8, 2013
Pros: worked with great people.
Cons: 12 hour black friday shift
A typical day of work consisted of clocking in, checking the counter for returned items to re-tag, and put away. Check the stock room for new items to be placed out on the racks. Meet and greet customers and help with purchases. Run the cash register for transactions. Neatly organize all merchandise on the floor. I learned how to deal with irate customers – more... as well as how to slowly but kindly get away from over-excited customers. – less
Not Bad
CUSTOMER SERVICE CASHIER/TEMP (Former Employee), Chillicothe, OHMay 3, 2013
Pros: good discount, easy work
Cons: working evenings and weekends, pay is ok
If you like easy work, and don't mind working evenings and weekends, and love to be around clothes and home departments, this is the job for you. Ok pay, if you have the right management crew it can be fun at times, good discount.