ElderConsult Geriatric Medicine is located in Burlingame, Ca. and we have an immediate opening for an Office Assistant at our fast paced, Medical Business Office. This is not your typical Medical Business Office since our 2 providers do housecalls. We don't actually see patients here in the office, so we provide support to the providers as they are out on the field. We are their support system, so they can focus on the patient's needs. We are a paperless office and do most things electronically through fax and the Eclinical Software. We need someone who is a team player, computer savvy, responsible, reliable, dependable, has the ability to work independently, has attention to detail, learns quickly, able to multi task, work under pressure and communicate effectively.
Please visit our website for more information on our company at www.ElderConsult.com.
Hours= This is a full time position, Monday through Friday, 32 to 40 hours a week depending on the business needs.
Requirements=College Degree preferred, but not required and Medical Office Experience REQUIRED.
Wages= $15 an hour with Medical, Dental, Vision and 401k is available for the employee.
Contact= If you are interested, please email your resume to our Office Administrator Camille Lopez. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!
Thank you for your time and interest!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to...
- In charge of Processing/Labeling Faxes which include Documents (Docs) and Telephone Encounters (TEs).
- In charge of Fax In and Out Box. Process Fax In Box and check Fax Out Box to make sure any failed faxes are completed and all faxes go out on a daily basis.
- In charge of Processing and Requesting Labs, Xrays, Medical Records etc., as well as processing Orders, Prescriptions etc.
- Primary contact for Primary MD/other providers, Home Health agencies, hospitals, facilities, pharmacies and anything in relation to the Office Assistant Duties.
- In charge of obtaining necessary information for New Patients and entering all New Patient Information into the system, such as Medication, Pharmacy Info, Medical Records, Primary Care Physician Info, etc.
- In charge of updating information in the E clinical system.
- Obtaining/sharing with Staff any contact information such as phone #'s, fax #'s and e-mail addresses for Primary Care doctor's, Facilities, Home Health Agencies, as well any other agencies we work with a lot.
- In charge of sending out completed Geriatric Asessments to PMD's and to applicable family members.
- In charge of writing up/updating Procedures & Protocols in regards to their primary duties. Then, give it to the Office Administrator to type up and add to the Procedures/Protocols binders.
- Cover Communications Assistant when absent, as well as cover all absent parties as needed and as directed by the Doctor.
- Other miscellaneous tasks requested by the providers.
- Report to Communications Assistant regarding daily duties/activities.