ElderWood Healthcare at Lakewood
5775 Maelou Drive
Hamburg, NY 14075
Per Diem, day shift.
Occupational Therapy team members assist with ensuring the health and well-being of our residents by providing comprehensive and quality therapy services. This position is responsible for administering skilled occupational therapy treatments ensuring that the highest degree of quality resident care is maintained at all times. This position assumes the responsibilities of the Director of Occupational Therapy during absences as assigned.
Supervision & Accountability:
Director of Occupational Therapy
- Graduation from an approved school of occupational therapy
- New York State license to practice occupational therapy required.
- Two years experience in occupational therapy preferred.
- Interest in occupational therapy treatment programs for the
geriatric and subacute populations utilizing a team approach.
- Ability to direct others necessary.
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing required.
- Sense of responsibility and ability to work well with residents,
families, and other staff members required.
- Qualities of maturity, diplomacy, and ability to work well with
- Ability to work with geriatric and chronically ill residents, as
well as other professionals in a friendly and helpful manner
- Demonstrated willingness to uphold the vision and mission of the
company by following the core values of Integrity, Teamwork,
Passion for Excellence and Reverence for the Individual is
- Ability to perform tasks to established standards of excellence
Work Area & Conditions:
Works in Occupational Therapy area, and other facility areas. Subject to walking, bending, lifting and other physical movement throughout the day; and potential of exposure to body fluids and infectious conditions of residents.