Elderly Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
overall i loved my job
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Vernon, ALSeptember 13, 2017
I enjoyed my job very much. there is no guarantee from job to job how long you will be working because you are taking care of patients who are dying. there are no benefits just a day to day job that i enjoyed,the hardest part of the job is when someone passed away. your work environment was based on each place. you are staying with the patient in their homes. i never had a bad experience
Pros
enjoy heloing people
Cons
you never are guaranteed another day
Took care of a woman on home hospice
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Lincoln Park, MIAugust 20, 2017
Taking care of an elderly woman who had dementia at the age of fourteen and still in high school was hard. But honestly it was the most amazing thing to do. Being there for someone on their last days, who had no one else and was lonely and sick was very rewarding. I made a best friend for their time left on earth and i know that i did everything possible to keep them happy and kept them safe. The hardest part was when she passed. I just know she spent her last days as happy as i could make it.
Upbeat Coworkers/great place to work
caregiver (Former Employee) –  PhiliipnesMay 18, 2017
Typical day at work.I manage and clean laundry room,afterwards i sort the clothing according to color and texture,i also count the clothing per customer to make sure nothing gets lost and then i start putting clothes in the laundry machine.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when i start folding the clothes because that's when i see the fruit of my hard work.Also,it's always nice to see how happy your customers are and how satisfied they are with their clean clothes and customer service.
Pros
co-workers/staff
Cons
long periods of standing, small wages since it's based in the Philippines
Loved working with the kids.
Sitter (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 10, 2017
I loved working with little ones. They are the sweetest. I learned patience and keep calm during stressfull situations. I enjoyed having play time with the kids most of all.
fun environment
Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2017
Great long term job based off of experience we can communicate and be a team player at all times.
Hard work and dedication can move you forward in life
This is not a paid position
Guardian & Trustee (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WINovember 20, 2016
I review and pay bills for the elderly patient that I am in charge of. I record the payment of the bill on a ledger sheet. I record time spent with bill payment, filing and preparation for various agencies (Veteran's Administration, Assisted Living Residence, etc.).
Good patient
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  East Ridge, TNMay 3, 2016
Enjoyed working with patient and family. Was sad that the job ended but glad of the experience that I got from the job. The job included but was not limited to taking the patient to dr appointments, cooking and cleaning for her, helping with ADLs and spending time doing with her what her hobbies were.
You have a whole new look at life
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 4, 2015
The most enjoyable part of this job is working for people who have worked hard all their life and can no longer do so. You take care of people who cannot do for themselves but need someone they can trust and depend on everyday.
I really loved working with the elderly
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  ArkansasJune 9, 2015
A typical day looked like coming to either help someone who really needs it or coming to see a friend who loves you and being able to treat them like a grandparent and see to their needs. You always leave knowing you have helped them out in so many ways. I appreciate learning from others and my own mistakes, but it is just so rewarding to help those who have had hard lives and who deserve respect for being the people they are. I learned people really need respect and they need to be free to feel independent. Offering to help can really hamper their lives if done in the wrong way or too often. Kind words are precious and they need to be said often. I really enjoyed being able to be a helper and sometimes a listening ear. I am not a counselor but I can listen and be supportive. That is something that helps in all areas of life.
The hardest thing is really leaving the client.
Home Instead really works to nurture any potential caregiver. They act very respectfully and I enjoyed working with them.
Most enjoyable part of the job: being with people and encouraging them.
Pros
Free lunch is there if you stay overnight, a feeling of fulfillment, benefits and family atmosphere at work meetings.
Cons
Not much healthcare, it is easy to overwhelm schedule
Loved the people
Owner/Operator contracted Transportation (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJune 8, 2015
Loved my job. The passengers is what made my job as being a owner/operator worth it everyday. There is nothing that could replace the smile they placed on my face or the feeling in my heart
Pros
the people
Cons
nothing
Home Health Aide
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VaMay 14, 2015
I have been with this patient for almost five years now. I have learned a lot from my patient such as: more medical knowledge about her diseases in specific, patience, and caring. My coworkers are amazing. We all get a long great and are willing to help each other. The hardest part of my job is when my patient goes through a health issue and I am afraid of her passing away. The most enjoyable part is my patient's laughter.
eye-opening experience and fullfilling workplace
Sitter (Former Employee) –  Cordele, GAJanuary 6, 2015
getting to know and learn my patient, creating a trustworthy bond with her. I learned that life shouldn't be taken for granted and to do the very best you can for people while they are amongst the living. Management was great and my co-workers were non-existent, this was a private position. The hardest part of the job was watching someone I had become friends with, leave this earth. This is not a job for the weak of heart. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing my patient with a smile on her face.
Pros
Use of Vehicle, Comfortable environment (home health care)
Cons
there are no scheduled breaks, take when can; long distance travel.
The experience was amazing
COMPANION (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLAugust 20, 2014
I really enjoy working with the elderly. I think it is my calling
Enjoyed working with my clients
Private Sitter (Former Employee) –  Arnaudville, LaAugust 6, 2014
Prepared meals, light house work, gave clients medicine as needed also helped clients with day to day care.
helping an elderly woman go from bed ridden to healthy and active
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAMay 16, 2014
the typical work day consisted of waking up at 4:30-5am to help her go to the bathroom. waking up at 7am to cook her breakfast, putting her through a light workout around 10am making her lunch at about 12pm, another light workout at around 2 or 3pm making her dinner at 6pm and tending to her various needs throughout the day.
I learned how to be an adult. Management never held up their end of the bargain and constantly failed to uphold their end of things.
The hardest part of the job was changing diapers. No one wants to do that. The most enjoyable part of the job was the gratitude
Pros
helping someone no one else would
Cons
horrible pay due to lack of certification
it was ok just a little hard on the temp service
Aide (Former Employee) –  winchester IN 47394April 3, 2014
the hardest part of the job at tomasco was putting up with some of the people.
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Geneva, NYFebruary 9, 2014
Overview engineer drawings. Carry sheets of aluminum to be cut. Move aluminum to rollers. Apply scotch-adisive to aluminum. Assemble panels, and apply lettering(arrows, border, etc.). Attach backing strips using hucks and collers with newmatic airtools. I learned manufacturing street signs, measuring and more. The hardest part of the job is loading the massive product to the trailer. The most enjoyable part of the job is finishing the product.
Pros
healthcare benafits, coperation with others, the finished product
Cons
workers treatment, low wages
Enriching experience
Private Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, GANovember 12, 2013
Care giving for the elderly can be very demanding. I was able to demonstrate excellent time management. Additionally, the daily care of a mostly home bound person, making sure he was well nourished, clean, happy. I came to be acutely aware of the state of his health and contacted the appropriate people when he needed medical care. This was a very special position for me.
Pros
Gaining additional insight to the elderly and human interactions
Cons
Occasional medical emergencies
Served the elderly there breakfast, lunch and dinner
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach FloridaSeptember 30, 2013
I served the elderly there breakfast lunch and dinner. I would talk to the elderly and just make them feel good and just keep them happy.
Pros
I love being around the elderly.
Cons
I didn't get to spend enough time with them.
Gratifying work
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FloridaJuly 31, 2013
Difficult at times to deal with state agencies and physicians who are not used to patient's having an advocate.