The Director of Nursing Services team member assists with ensuring the health and well-being
of our residents by be responsible for overer all nurse staffing, staff training and development,
and management of personnel in the Nursing Services Department of a residential health care
facility; Quality of nursing care assessment, planning, documentation and provision of services
to residents; Coordination of medical and pharmaceutical services in cooperation with the
Medical Director, Pharmacy Consultant and Major Vendor Pharmacy; Proper placement for
care of residents, determined in cooperation with facility staff and Attending Physician;
Coordination of inter-disciplinary health care services for residents that are provided by facility
staff, other service providers, and consultants; Participation and promotion of Quality
Management activities and programs for ongoing improvement in nursing services to the
- Credentials of a Registered Professional Nurse with a current New York State license required.
- Bachelors degree in nursing or administration preferred.
- At least two years of supervisory nursing experience and additional training and experience commensurate with the size of the facility and responsibilities of the position required.
- Geriatric nursing training preferred.
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing, utilize creative problem solving, and handle problems diplomatically required.
- Exhibits characteristics of effective managerial leadership skills. These characteristics should include: desire for improvement; builder of trust; creating an environment where staff can experience pride. Their efforts are directed at allowing each worker to perform his or her own work and performing in a manner consistent with the aims and standards of the organization.
Indeed - 2 years ago
ElderWood offers the area's only community-based ventilator care program, with small, portable ventilators providing residents with far more...