Apply online @ www.elderwood.com
ElderWood Health Care at Maplewood
225 Bennett Road
Cheektowaga, NY 14227
Full-time, day shift. Some management experience required. Long term care experience preferred. NYS RN license and MDS knowledge required.
1. Possession of a New York State License and current registration to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse required.
2. Minimum of two (2) years nursing experience, and at least one (1) year of experience in a Nursing leadership role; interest or experience in geriatrics required, experience with dementia patients desirable.
3. Possession of a baccalaureate degree in Nursing is preferred.
4. Management skills for supervising and coordinating care of residents required.
5. Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing, utilize creative problem solving, and handle problems diplomatically required.
6. Caring, compassionate and empathetic attitude to residents, families and co-workers required.
7. Able to relate well and communicate with residents, families and co-workers required.
8. Able to perform required tasks to established standards of excellence required.
9. Exhibits characteristics of effective managerial leadership skills. These characteristics should include: desire for improvement; builder of trust; creating an environment where staff can experience pride. Their efforts are directed at allowing each worker to perform his or her own work and performing in a manner consistent with the aims and standards of the organization.