Elderwood Employee Reviews

Poor Administration and Management - wheatfield
Mid level mgmt (Former Employee) –  Wheatfield, NYDecember 11, 2016
Management lacking in education & experience. Staffing is critical and new nurses are forced to train quickly and thrown into supervisory positions that they are not prepared for- leaving their nys nursing license in jeopardy. Critical staffing means insuffiant care for residents. Most aides are sassy and disrespectful. I would not admit my family here if it was the last option on earth. HR dept is unorganized, slow to respond and outdated.
Pros
Great benefits - clean & organized maintenance dept
Cons
Revolving door for staffing. Poor management
Clean, good people-small area-big responsibility
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hornell, NYDecember 8, 2016
Depending on what unit you work, this place is very busy. The rehab unit is sometimes very slow but that depends on numbers. First floor is relaxed and very repetitive. Second floor with the alz/dem unit is very hectic at all times. If you want to work here then please be ready to put forth a lot of time , effort, and energy! Great CNAs but have to be kept track of..
Pros
Job security, available overtime, good nurses
Cons
Staffing, LPN has many tasks throughout day
love the staff and residents
LPN (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NY 14221January 13, 2017
I love my staff and residents. management questionable. but the people are awesome. break room really desperately needs to be remodeled. I would say it's a pretty decent place to work.
Pros
nice staff members, good area, intelligent nurses and doctors
Cons
dirty breakroom, health insurance price through the roof, needs remodeling.
Nasty angry mangement
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 27, 2016
A uneven, nasty mangement, who when given the chance to show any loyalty, will play favorites. Feels more like highschool than professional workplace. The best and brightest have already left this once proud company. The ownership as long since lost the loyalty of their employees, and customer satisfaction is far from anything that company considers.
Pros
Healthcare, patient interaction
Cons
Support of direct management is non-existent.
Terrible workplace in need of change
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Hamburg, NYSeptember 10, 2016
Understaffed, dirty nursing home with poor management. There are 20 residents per CNA on a daily basis. Dirty. Bugs in beds, old disgusting carpet, fecal matter on walls, dirty tena all over etc. Management tells workers what they want to hear when they have a problem and no solution is met. Favortism is also a problem.
Pros
Cons
Understaffed, poor management
Billing
Biller (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYSeptember 12, 2016
Ok job no acknowledgement or help from coworkers or management. promised advancment opportunitys you will never see. everyone for themselves. aweful billing policys and practices. aging reports are horrendeous no notations on anything.
Pros
left alone
fun job to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYAugust 27, 2016
I loved working with ElderWood I learned a lot working with the nurses at this job and my co-workers where very helpful and lots of team work
Pros
they will pay for you to go to school
Cons
they only hire part time
Cna training class
CNA Trainee (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYApril 16, 2016
I have applied for the cna training since January and I have followed up with my application, everytime i call there's excuse for the class not starting, first excuse was there was no one to teach the cna class, we'll if that's the case then why is there ads on job wed sites??? It seems like I get the run around.. and when calling I can't speak to the director of nursing or a administrater?? How un perfesonal is that???
Pros
Cna training is on all the job hiring web sites
Cons
Never here from the company about the job
its a great place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, NYApril 13, 2016
Elderwood is a great place for people to work at. Any location seems to be really good. They are up to date on most things and put their residents before anyone else. Switching facilities and switching shifts is almost impossible. Once you are on one shift, especially evenings, it is almost impossible to get a different one. Everyone seems to be friendly, fun and easy to work with. You will always have that one co-worker that is hard to work with.
Pros
updated machines, friendly staff, great residents
Cons
impossible to get off of different shifts, sometimes hard to switch or get needed days off
Good and Fun job
Maintenance Assistant (Current Employee) –  Depew, NYJuly 22, 2016
Has helped me expand my job experience and alot of hands on training. Helps with everyday tasks being completeled in a timely fashion.
Used to be good
CNA (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NYJune 15, 2016
just look at the reviews, it used to be a 5 star place and now job security is terrible, management fires without warning... its so bad
Pros
residents
Cons
management, staff support
waitress life
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYJuly 27, 2015
Focusing on the elder and making sure their meals were given on a timely bases.
Learned patience and forgiveness.
Management was well involved.
Co-workers all stuck together and helped one another out.
Hardest part of this job was when one of the residents would pass away.
The most enjoyable was being able to hear stories of their lives when they were growing up and seeing how much time as changed.
Very caring LTC facility
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hornell, NYNovember 16, 2015
I would check on residents routinely, answer call lights, assist with all ADL's , help provide nourishment and supplements, assist and care for their personal needs, check and record vitals
Slow work place with many internal changes
Case Manager (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYJuly 21, 2015
Work environment is a bit clique-ish among co-workers. There are alot of internal changes within the location. Alot of people quit, or are fired so there's seems to be alot of rotating of managerial positions therefore, it may be difficult for residents to adjust to the staff.
job facility not organized, poor communication between management & employees, frequently under staffed
Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, New YorkSeptember 5, 2016
Get report from the outgoing Nursing Supervisor, make rounds in facility, monitor al patients with change in condition. Review any A & I's. Checking to see the times IV's were to run and any PICC lines that needed flushing. Review all M.D. orders from any admissions into the facility from the previous day. Make skin rounds with skin team and document weekly. Order all supplies needed for the unit twice weekly. Attend morning report. Complete all treatments of wounds in facility. Frequently at end of shift I would find out that several admissions were being admitted into the facility and the admission orders would have to be done before I could leave facility. I learned the Kodiak, point click care on the computer. I found that the staff nurses were not always held accountable for their duties. Some of the nurses stated that they did not know what to do when there was in change in condition and when the Supervisor was notified the nurses did not have the vital signs and necessary information for the Supervisor to contact the M.D. right away. CNA's did not notice a change in a patient's condition as they should have because they had the same patients daily. There were frequent bruising of unknown origin. The patients and families were very grateful for the care they received, and it was always rewarding at the end of the day to know that I had done everything that I could to give each patient the best care possible and make sure they were given medication as needed to make sure each patient was as pain free as possible..
Pros
trained in the Kodiak System, Point click care on the computers
Cons
Often too busy to take any breaks during the work day.
understaffed all the time
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYSeptember 22, 2015
need a better job where I wont break my back trying to get everything done. I need a better atmosphere where I can have a positive outlook on my job.
a great place to work!
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  cheektowaga, nyMay 11, 2012
this was a great place to work. the management is very professional and easy going. great pay and benefits. the co-workers are great team players. i learned alot about myself from this job experience and i am constantly referring others to apply to their company.
Caring facility
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, NYAugust 8, 2013
Working at Elderwood was really rewarding. Residents were very appreciative of the care provided to them by the CNAs, LPNs, and RNs. Teamwork was really important and I always felt I could find someone to help me and vis versa.
A good starting point
CNA/HHA (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 18, 2014
Elderwood is a great place I feel to start out as a new CNA I've learned alot and working in such an environment as Elderwood senior home I think has prepared me to take on anything as a CNA.
Pros
experience, staff, pay
Cons
location is a bit far
not enough staff
cna (Current Employee) –  Waverly, NYMarch 13, 2015
management is not willing to work with you in time of need i liked working with my co workers and my residents and meeting there needs but working short alot was hard to care for your residents needs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elderwood. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9