ElderWood

ElderWood Employer Reviews

Caring and fun staff
Certified Nursing Assistant- Part-time (Former Employee), Grand Island, NYAugust 21, 2014
Pros: the old time stories you hear and watching them smile.
Cons: physical hard work
Elderwood was the greatest long-term care facility I have ever been employed at. Staff makes you feel like a family and provides the greatest care to their residents that I had ever experienced. All of the staff worked together and made it as stress free as possible. Management would take the time to bond with the residents and get to know the staff – more... and make their accomplishments and hard work noticed and recognized. The hardest yet most rewarding part of my job at elderwood, was watching and caring for residents that were at their end of life stage. I say it is the hardest because you become family to them and learn so much from those people and you mourn when they pass just like you would if you were to know them your whole life. I also say it was the most enjoyable because some residents do not have family like you do at home, and the staff are the only people they know and are there for them through everything. When a resident passes away it gives you joy to know that you might have been the last person they seen before they passed and you should have made a great impact on them just by letting them know you care. – less
A good starting point
CNA/HHA (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYMarch 18, 2014
Pros: experience, staff, pay
Cons: location is a bit far
Elderwood is a great place I feel to start out as a new CNA I've learned alot and working in such an environment as Elderwood senior home I think has prepared me to take on anything as a CNA.
Established facility with descent benefits.
LPN (Former Employee), Waverly, NYMarch 5, 2014
A typical day was usually pretty hectic but rewarding as well. I spent a lot of evenings working OT. Staffing remains to be a battle just as it is for most long term care facilities.
fun place to work
house keeper (Former Employee), waverly nyNovember 14, 2013
Pros: like my job
Cons: no team work from staff
cleaned rooms did londray,cooked meals, i was a pca, answering phone giving baths to resadents on there days,crafts
work heaven
wellness leader (Current Employee), Williamsville, NYAugust 11, 2013
Pros: feels like a family and not a job
wonderful environment for residents and staff. everyone pitches in and helps when needed
Caring facility
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Lancaster, NYAugust 8, 2013
Working at Elderwood was really rewarding. Residents were very appreciative of the care provided to them by the CNAs, LPNs, and RNs. Teamwork was really important and I always felt I could find someone to help me and vis versa.
a great place to work!
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), cheektowaga, nyMay 11, 2012
this was a great place to work. the management is very professional and easy going. great pay and benefits. the co-workers are great team players. i learned alot about myself from this job experience and i am constantly referring others to apply to their company.

About ElderWood

ElderWood offers the area's only community-based ventilator care program, with small, portable ventilators providing residents – Read more