Election Systems & Software Employee Reviews in United States

Great Culture with Passionate People
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 13, 2016
This company has a great culture with a passionate work environment. Management seems to genuinely care about their employees and their generally well being. However, the downside to working here is the work, life balance is very skewed with expectations to travel on nights and weekends, spending a lot of time away from family. There are also few advancement opportunities.

Overall, I would say this is a positive work environment.
Independent Lots of Travel Loved Every Aspect
Customer Service Manager (CSM) / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 23, 2016
Client management, continuous travel, and helping co-workers that allowed you to help them building TEAM - all enjoyable (loved in fact)

Hardest part - dealing with issues not related to my duties as assigned, but created a tremendous amount of stress

No overtime compensation - But you are driven to succeed not only for your clients, but for your company as a whole. (at least I was, I can only speak for myself since this is my review.).

As far as co-workers. I was at a group meeting. I was surprised to see just how my co-workers are extremely competitive with each other. They are kind when speaking to each other. But I witness negative comments about the other persons when they weren't around. That told me exactly what they probably said about me when I wasn't around. I walked away from each group meeting just a little more disappointed than the time before.

The management is a diverse group. CEO, I will say is a fair man and is well suited for the position he holds.

The company works hard and plays hard. But they loose hard too.
Pros
Travel/Independent Thinking/Clients/Trust
Cons
Be prepare to work very hard
The most boring job I have had.
Press Helper (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 3, 2015
Was forced out of another printing company. You know the industry got hit bad a few years ago and does not seem to be able to get back to what it used to be because of all the work is going over seas to cheeper labor. Only worked there for three months and decided I did not like the type of printing they did so I found another job.
Great people to work with in the field
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 23, 2015
Opportunity to meet a number of different people in the election process in many counties throughout the country and HELPING THEM MAKE THE ELECTION PROCESS MOVE ALONG AS SMOOTH AS POSSIBLE.
Human Resources
Human Resources Generalist I/ Recruitment (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 9, 2014
Election Company- Typical day consisted of recruiting.. starting with job postings on many venues and following up with scheduling interviews with qualified candidate.
Contract management on contractors/temp associate. New Hire orientation.

Most enjoyable was meeting new people and making job offers.
Most co-workers were great.
Pros
holidays
Cons
two full time job roles
Competitive and interesting workplace
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 17, 2014
ES&S required 24/7 on-call status for computer software issues. Co-workers and managers were very competitive.
Pros
salary
Cons
everything else
Very busy company, work alot of overtime
temp (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 21, 2013
This was a long term temp assignment. Great co-workers and great management
Pros
interesting business, casual, no cap on overtime
Cons
was a 60 mile one way trip from home to work
Great atmosphere and excellent support services.
County Support Technician, Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSFebruary 20, 2013
ES&S-Jackson Office is a great place to work with the best support services during the busy election seasons.
Fun and fast paced
Election Services Coordinator (ES&S) / Contractor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 29, 2012
Working in the election business is fun and fast paced. There is always something to be done. Even when it is not election season. Great group of people to work with and for.
Enjoyed working there
Technician (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 26, 2012
A typical day involved setting up Computers, and printers for co-workers, and maintaining the Mainframe Tandem system
Pros
fairly easy work
Cons
workload sometimes would overload
Excellent place to work!!
IT Support Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 19, 2012
Great Manager, communicating with each and every team member regarding daily tasks.

Desktop support team worked great together, very professional!!
Pros
excellent place to work!!
Very Professional and Well rounded
Lead IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSMarch 19, 2012
Just a wonderful place to work. I feel like they were there for the employees. They had our backs every step of the way.
Pros
work, enviorment, staff etc.
Cons
work is too spaced out
Want to see the country?
Sr Software engineer, Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TexasMarch 3, 2012
See the country in many of the elections that are held year round. Yes, Election night can be rough as you need to get results to the people in a timely manner, but the team work and the celebration afterwards is well deserved
Pros
free time, interest in you the employee, and the chance for advancement
Cons
stress of election night, you have to be ready that night

2.9