Under broad supervision, this position analyzes and prepares cost models for participants, rate research, competitive assessments, pricing structure development, billing, retail cost information and load and market research. Conducts other economical, financial and marketing related studies.
1. Assists in development of competitive retail rate designs and schedules for participant cities.
2. Assists in development of marginal and embedded cost models and retail rate design programs.
3. Designs, implements, and tracks Power Cost Adjustments for Participants.
4. Assists in development of competitive pricing proposals to Participants and retail customers for customer choice prospects in competition with other power suppliers in Georgia.
5. Assists in implementing approved budget changes in billing and in monthly budget reports.
6. Assists in presentation of monthly load, billing and cost data reports to Participants.
7. Assists in special projects in the areas of competitive pricing, economic analyses, general business analyses, pricing research, power cost adjustments and other competitive issues as required by participant cities.
8. Assists with retail billing for participants.
9. Assists in the development of computer models and databases as needed
10. Assists in other work related projects as assigned.
11. Supports other areas of the department on projects as needed.
12. Acquire/design new MDRs
13. Provide training/assistance to Pricing Analyst
14. Implement and verify rates.
Position generally requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering, economics, computer information systems, mathematics, business or a related field from an accredited college or university with (5 -10) years of related work experience. Utility work experience is preferred.
Position requires the aptitude to utilize fundamental concepts in the areas of finance, accounting, marketing and engineering. Position requires self-initiation and ability to adjust to changing circumstances or new priorities.
This position requires outstanding abilities to use personal computer software products and services. Demonstrable expertise to consolidate information from Microsoft Office products such as Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook, as well as Adobe Acrobat is imperative.
Must be able to maintain a strong sense of propriety concerning confidential matters.
A high level of written and oral communication skills is required. Must maintain a good working relationship with Participants and their customers, fellow employees, consultants, vendors and others with whom interaction occurs.
Number of Reports: N/A
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.