Electrical Service Operations Manager –
Seeking an Operations Manager who will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and budgeting work associated with the testing, commissioning and maintenance of utility and industrial electrical distribution and transmission systems.
This position provides technical expertise in the operation and maintenance for utility substations and power plants; provides technical assistance to office and other field offices on engineering support and operations as to methods, procedures and standards to be used; conducts periodic inspections, solves or recommends solutions to engineering problems, such as the adequacy of system protection, including relaying, control, and protective apparatus; system analyses involving performance, costs, characteristics of equipment, loads, energy flows, losses, etc.
Company is a full service electrical testing company and has contributed to the successful completion of major projects throughout the world and our continued expansion throughout the United States.
- Direct and manage staff of full-time employees that include engineers and field technicians.
- Manage day-to-day operations of field engineers and technicians.
- Consult with clients to determine their technical requirements and scheduling needs.
- Assist Sales Manager in annual reviews and hiring of new personnel.
- Coordinate and verify testing and safety procedures are being adhered to by office engineers and technicians.
- Professional presentation required in dealing with employees, clients and suppliers.
- Conduct technical and safety training for office personnel.
EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Ideal candidates will have a B.S. in Electrical Engineering
- National Electrical Testing Association (NETA) Certification is a big plus
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum 5 years experience in electrical equipment testing and inspection, including high voltage and low voltage applications.
- Broad experience with wide variety of electrical apparatus used in power industry, including transformers, breakers and switchgear.
- Proficiency in use of Doble Power Factor Test and other test equipment, including analysis of results. Doble relay testing would be a significant plus.
- Thorough knowledge of all types of electrical equipment, installation procedures, and maintenance.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Experience with budget and profit/loss responsibilities.