ELECTRO RENT CORPORATION Employee Reviews

Friendly enviroment.With employees that work very hard as a team to get work done
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAAugust 3, 2017
Great enviroment to work in.Pays well for this kind of work.People are helpful and reliable.Great supervisors.Busy work constantly and a job that will be around for a longtime.
Great Working Environment
Calibration Electronic Test Technician (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJune 4, 2017
On a typical day I get a list with the most important equipment that needs to be shipped that day. I get that out of the way and work on my list that needs to be calibrated. 1 month or less needs to be calibrated.
The hardest part of the job is cleaning equipment returned from customers. However, I take pride in cleaning the unit and making it return to looking as new.
The most enjoyable part is doing long calibrations with multiple units. The day goes by so fast it's time to go home and can't wait to do it all over again.
Pros
Close to home. Great Co- Workers. Tv in break room with vending machines. Lots of personal time
Cons
No room for career growth.
Great Culture
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAApril 16, 2017
Great culture, but can sometimes over manage the employees. They went through some changes when they were bought out, but overall this is not a bad place to be employed.
Great place to work at.
Calibration Electronic Technician II (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAApril 15, 2017
The good things
Paid parental leave for dad and mum alike.
Floating public holiday so you are not forced to take Christmas and Easter holidays.
Good brand name on your resume.
The challenges
Remuneration is average or below.
Year end bonuses are a joke.
Salary negotiation is alien to them.
Little room for advancement. Below the median wages for the industry.
Calibration Technician III (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAAugust 20, 2015
The wages are below the median for this industry. There is very little room for advancement. The work is sometimes challenging but usually just a lot of pressure to "pass" units in any way possible. The technicians are fun to work with. The management style is one of negativity, not encouragement. Recognition for mistakes rather than accomplishments.
Pros
Technicians are really fun to work with.
Cons
Poor wages. No room for advancement.Negative management style.
Great Work Environment; Not Much Room to Grow
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAMarch 30, 2015
Electro Rent is a large company on paper; however, you do not feel that when you come in to work. Although the company employs many people, employees feel as though they are part of a close family. Colleagues and management do their best to make the workplace a very pleasant, respectful, and productive environment.

My coworkers have definitely made my job at Electro Rent enjoyable. The IT department is home to many creative and unique individuals. As an IT Specialist, I had the opportunity to work with many Electro Rent employees throughout the world at various levels. It is safe to say that the great majority of them were respectful and driven. In the event that individuals were not pleasant, HR would address them properly and in a timely manner. Which leads to another reason why Electro Rent has been a good place to work - HR. The HR group worked to keep us informed and comfortable; great communication.

A very enjoyable part of my job is the level of job security. On the other hand, there is not much room left to grow. I feel as though I have hit a glass ceiling at Electro Rent. After three years, the time has definitely come to respectfully take my dedication, initiative, and drive to another company with more possibilities and career advancements.

The department I work in is staffed minimally. With that said, there is not much time to implement new ideas or technologies. For the past few months, the department has been bogged down with fulfilling short-term/day-to-day tasks rather than large scale improvement projects.
Pros
pleasant environment, job security
Cons
understaffed, no room to grow
Great place to learn technology
Acting MIS Manager (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAFebruary 17, 2015
I started as a computer operator and became the acting MIS Manager. Typical day was making sure the company had the needed reports each morning by 8:00 a.m. Wrote procedures for all aspects of operating a Prime computer system (super-mini), from running batch jobs, to backups. Great co-workers. The hardest part was learning how to manage people.
Pros
Learning new technology
Cons
Learning to manage people
Great place to work!
Financial Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAJuly 25, 2014
Great place to work!

- The people are extremely friendly and supportive. I was afforded the opportunity in this assignment to learn new skills.

- There were no cons to working at Electro Rent.

- The managers and teams that I dealt with on a daily basis were professional and very friendly and helpful
Pros
Growing company, expanding in business, Revenue grow from year to year
Cons
There were no cons to working at Electro Rent
great place to work
Accessory Specialist Agent (Current Employee) –  van nuys, CAFebruary 18, 2014
Electro Rent is a great place to work. Electro Rent would be perfect if they will actualized their technology. Hardest part of doing your job is not having the latest tools
Good Company
Executive Marketing Administrator (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CANovember 30, 2013
Enjoyed the time I spent there.

Good people to work with and for.

Good location.

Good benefits.
Work at Electro Rent
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAMarch 6, 2013
I gave them 14 years of hard work and commitment, but all of a sudden they get a new controller… The Controller plan was to replace 100% staff in the accounting department … 2 Senior Accountants resigned on the same day in spring of 2008 which I was blamed for … Controller get excited he replace the 2 senior accountants by new ones, he moved an accountant to purchasing department after 27 years working in accounting department. That is not all … He replaced the Tax manager who had been with the company for over 33 years, also fired the tax accountant after 20 years of service… He fired me and I was replaced by an assistant controller…. So as you can see the management style in this company is to fear your superior … no open door policy … no freedom.
Pros
nothing.
Cons
employees fear the managment, no open door policy, no freedom, no work flexibality ...
Outstanding Company. They bought the company that I previously worked for and added me to their staff as a Temporary Employee for transition .
CREDIT COLLECTIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CaliforniaApril 3, 2012
Learned all new processes for the New company, Continued to work the Accounts Receivables that transferred to the New Company. Management was excellent and very helpful during the transition. Hardest part of the job was leaving as I was no longer needed. Most enjoyable of the job was learning new process and making new friends.
Dont Work for This company
Assitant Controller (Current Employee) –  Van Nuys, CADecember 6, 2011
Managment will give you hard time at work... Cheap when it comes to spending money... They terminate on average 2 employees every month... no job security no work life balance at all ... If the President diss like a person he/she it better start looking for a job, because he will get you fired for no reason. HR department have no idea how to hire nor terminate emplyees... Benfits are not that great either... no job training... I advice to work somewhere else.
Cons
a lot of work ... to much over time