Electrochem Employee Reviews

Typical Plating shop
Customer Service Manager/Cost Estimator (Former Employee), Union city CAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: well managed
Cons: work load is up and down
Good people. The work load is up and down. The company has been through many changes over the last 5 years but has settled into what looks to be a good new owner.
Test Lab
Advanced Systems Labs technician (Current Employee), Beaverton, ORNovember 3, 2014
Pros: summer and winter company parties/celebrations
Cons: medical benefits tend to include a exhorbitantly high deductible.
A typical day starts early for me. I come in, gather data from our Maccor 4000 machine which ran a learning cycle for the battery packs.

Unload the batteries, load new batch and enter in a given filename and run program (for about 5 hours).

What I learned: more about battery chemistry, various batteries the company makes for portable medical devices such as defibrulators, AEDs, and more recently a device that settles serious back pain.

What is enjoyable about my job in the lab is a more laid back and relaxed workplace (compared to assembly which as an hourly quota for building packs). I have experienced both areas of the company.

Management is quite transparent to its employees regarding business decisions that affect everyone and how the company is performing on a quarterly basis and gives an overal rating card (green, yellow or red).

My co-workers in the test lab are easy to get along with and we engage in occasional humorous banter.
fun place to work
Planner/ Expeditor /Ship & Rec Supervisor (Former Employee), union city californiaAugust 4, 2014
Pros: great breaks
Cons: mwdical not to good
very productive day well team players all around great atmoshere
Great company before 2012 acquistion by Electrochem/Greatbatch
Inside Sales/Marketing Associate (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORFebruary 3, 2014
Cons: corp management in buffalo, ny lies. they are not truthful.
Great company before 2012 acquisition by Electrochem/Greatbatch. Now it is like an ex husband...Not the man you fell in love with
Career Develoment Support
Lean Material Analyst (Current Employee), Beaverton, OrJuly 4, 2013
Manufacturing company that develop and builds product that supports life.

This company is big on career deveopment.
Iliked that job because it was high technology.
Team Coordinator (Former Employee), Canton, MAMarch 22, 2012
Pros: all normal and friendly atmosphere, has good benefits including a bonus.
Cons: are working under great pressure.
I like that job because it was high technology .was working with lithium batteries for NASA, fighter planes, laptop, perforation undersea equipment.were facilities with more security,because chemical compounds that were used was like a time bomb the company. explotions of batteries sometimes occurred because they required a degree of appropriate temperature while joining. a job exiting and dangerous at the same time.