ELECTROLUX HOME PRODUCTS

ELECTROLUX HOME PRODUCTS Employer Reviews

productive and Challenging at the same time!!!! Fascinating!!!!
Groupleader (Former Employee), Orangeburg, SCMarch 23, 2013
Pros: dedicated and focused!!1
Cons: not paid my worth!
I worked hard at this position. I was a dedicated and resourceful employee and loved my work. I came into work hours before my shift and left hours after after my shift because of my dedication and determination to get the job done to the best of my ability. I worked with engineers and management and allowed my personal time open to any calls the job – more... might have for questions, comments and approvals from me for daily plant operations. I became muliti-tasking and was able to perform any job that I assigned my inspectors better than my staff. I was a good listener but a stern groupleader. I gave up a lot even if I was not paid my worth! – less
We'll move to Mexico if you don't do what we say
plastics (Former Employee), st cloud,mnMarch 22, 2013
Pros: good health insurance
Cons: low pay for work performed, company is in survival mode, dog eat dog attitude
Horrible place to work, dirty union, everyone's scared for their jobs, safety meetings encourage safety, but it's followed by supervisors worried about production and trying to force unsafe work. People let poor workmanship pass because they are afraid to be the one to point out something is bad. If you do try to mark something as a remake or as unusable, – more... your supervisor and lead worker will be furious at you. Everything that goes wrong is blamed on the loowest level employees. The productivity is ramped up and up, and then they wonder why people get hurt. They don't evacuate employees when there is a plastics fire, so everyone continues to inhale that long term damaging smoke into their lungs. Highly dysfunctional production plant, with management on down terrified of losing their jobs . As a result, the place is in survival mode and what's best for the end product and employees is completely secondary to trying to save your job, at any cost. – less
I LOVED MY JOB HERE
Maintenance Tool Crib Attendant (Former Employee), Greenville, MIMarch 21, 2013
Pros: good benefits, great pay, good hours
Cons: the relocated
I TRUELY LOVED WORKING FOR THIS COMPANY. IF THEY HAD NOT RELOCATED TO MEXICO I WOULD HAVE STILL BEEN THERE AND EVENTUALLY RETIRED FROM THIS COMPANY.
fast paced nice environment. room for advancement
o Assist engineers (Former Employee), Kinston, NCMarch 17, 2013
i looked forward to going to work daily. people are friendly and fun to work with
employee friendly
Customer Service Administration (Former Employee), Augusta, GAMarch 7, 2013
This company has the best interest of their employees at hand. If you want to work for a company where there is a lot of room for advancement then this is the company for you.
Got to the point that it was seasonal
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Orangeburg, SCMarch 3, 2013
I really like working at Electrolux as there was plenty of room for advancement and I really excelled when a position came open. The bad part about it was all of the layoff over a period of time. The plant would lay everyone off for weeks at the time. The pay was good though.
The mayority of the employees are older than 35.
Cost Out Engineer/Purchasing Analyist Jr. (Former Employee), Cd. Juarez MexicoFebruary 18, 2013
It is a good place to work. I liked it becasue every day I learned something new. People there is really willing to teach and that helped me a lot.
Not a good place to work
Lead Person/ Machine Operator (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNFebruary 18, 2013
Worked on a moving assembly line...It all depended on the day really...when I first started I was a floater and learned a lot of the jobs so I could fill in for absent co-workers. After about a year I became back-up lead in an area and then started learning more jobs in more areas and became back-up lead in several different areas...the last two years – more... I was the overight lead and I was in charge of setting up the bunker and filling the lines and making sure everything was running right and ready for first shift in the morning I also knew how to run several different types of machines and air tools. I would have to look up BOMS on computer system and order parts and do changeovers on several different types of equipment. Called out maintence when things weren't running right and put in work orders for other things that needed to get fixed. Everyone was just a number to management they would always tell you that you were replacable no matter how hard you worked for them...not appreciative...never heard graditude when we did well. I did pretty good while I worked there and worked hard all the time I'd say it was management that was the hardest about the company. there really wasnt much enjoyable about the job except for the pay. – less
Very productive work environment and great management support
Dispatcher/Assistant Load Planner (Former Employee), Ontario, CANovember 16, 2012
Pros: very busy but very enjoyable place to worl.
Cons: i had to travel sometimes two hours to and from waork each day
First thing in the morning i would set up and distribute daily work, then call customers, receive inbound loads, run bills of lading for outbound loads and various other office task's as needed. What i learned most is how to multi-task. Management was very helpful and supportive. The people i worked with were like family. The hardest part of my job – more... was dealing with customer's that were extremely upset. The most enjoyable part of my job was taking those extremely upset customer's and making them happy. – less
Literature teck
Literature Technician/Bond Coordinator (Former Employee), Greenville, MISeptember 20, 2012
Pros: 40 hours a week pay
Cons: plant closer
Worked as a bond coordinator, had to create bond loads and set serial ranges for each engineering model.
Terrible place to work
GENERAL WAREHOUSE MANAGER (Former Employee), Webster City IASeptember 18, 2012
Cons: too long to list
Terrible atmosphere and management team. Management team was very disconnected with employees and were promoted by the "Good ole boy" system. Worst job I've ever had!
Overall a 4.
Associate in Press (Current Employee), Springfield, TNAugust 27, 2012
Pros: discounts on product.
Cons: rather not comment.
Electroulx is going through many changes to get caught up with other competitors.
Very hot place to work
Team Leader-Foam Machinery Operator (Former Employee), Greenville, MIAugust 11, 2012
It a dirty place to work, it was steady employment until they moved to Mexico.
Hard physical labor
Plant Floater (Former Employee), Webster City, IAAugust 10, 2012
Pros: discounted appliances
Cons: punch in for work 15 minutes before start of shift with no compensation.
Learned to work as a team member. Most difficult part of the job: being on your feet all day with short breaks. Best part of the job: working nights, your weekend started at 7 am on Friday. Bad part of the job, (or company): went through lots of different foremen.
A typical day at work
Key Account Manager Home Appliances (Former Employee), Madrid, SpainAugust 8, 2012
Pros: people, co workers, relations with customers
Cons: too much stress, little time with my family
I usually arrive at the office at 08:30 in the morning, firstly I take a look at the figures (daily sales with data about monthly sales, gross contribution, average price and others).
After this analysis I prepare actions to correct the status of the account if they are necessary, if not I start analyzing the account plan in order to check the correct – more... development of the plan.
I usually speak with my boss for nearly an hour at the end of the morning just to check everything is fine.
In the afternoon I usually visit some points of sales just to take some feeling about how sales are going in the market and to check if we have any problem.
I usually finish working at 19:30 in the evening and arrive home at 20:00 – less
Productive,safe enviroment to work in where everyone got along.
Operator 1/Assembler (Former Employee), Orangeburg, SCApril 24, 2012
Pros: free lunches, adopt a family at christmas, christmas parties and family fun day picnic
Cons: health care, vacations attendance point system
Overall a good place for employment and i would recomend employment there to friends and family.Safe good clean enviroment where everyone got along (team work).Enjoyed meeting new people from surrounding counties (job employed over 2000 employees),it was family oriented.
Factory Work
Temporary job (Former Employee), Dequeen, ARApril 18, 2012
Great place if you like hard work. It was my first real job in high school.
Good company to work for
Production / Safety (Former Employee), Nashville, ARApril 12, 2012
The work was sometimes boring and mondane but it kept you busy and most of the coworkers were really easy to get along with. However management was not that good they seldom came to the floor to see what was going on. The bad part was that there were times when you might not work a full week or the plant might be down completely for two to three weeks – more... straight. – less
Assembling washers and dryers
Assembly (Former Employee), Webster City, IowaApril 5, 2012
Pleasant place to work and I enjoyed the co-workers. Excellent pay and benefits as well.
Great company to work for
National Accounts District Manager (Former Employee), TexasMarch 10, 2012
The management was always open and willing to listen and made sure you took care of your family

About ELECTROLUX HOME PRODUCTS

Electrolux is Australasia's leading household appliances company and markets its products under the Electrolux, AEG-Electrolux, – Read more