Electronic Arts

Electronic Arts Employer Reviews

Fun workplace with great people
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee), Redwood City, CAJanuary 10, 2015
Our creative work environment rewards new and different ideas. It's an environment that attracts brilliant talent from around the globe. No matter which of our studio locations you are located at, you'll feel the energy and support of EA's global brand, while thriving on our world-class campuses. At EA, the excitement you feel throughout each workday is made possible by a culture that inspires you to do the best work of your career.
Good place to gain lots of QA Game testing experience.
QA PC and Console Game Tester (Former Employee), Redwood Shores, CADecember 22, 2014
Where I began my QA testing career. Learned their testing procedures for PC and Console game testing and became an invaluable asset. Was called back for numerous contracts for my attention to detail and professional work ethics. Finally moved on to another company due to the difficulty in advancement within the company.
Fun environment with helpful management.
World Wide Customer Experience (Current Employee), Lake Alfred, FLDecember 20, 2014
Pros: free games, work from home
Cons: poor upper management decisions causing additional stress
This was a fun place for me to work taking inbound chat and phone calls from fellow gamers. There was a policy in place for every single thing however so sometimes it got a bit tricky but you always had a chat room available to ask any questions you had and management or tenured reps would answer within seconds or minutes.

The only issue I really had was the launch of BF4 which was so buggy EA hired more reps to handle the influx of calls they knew they would receive instead of providing the developers more time to iron out known issues.

Overall though I really enjoyed my time with them and would recommend anyone looking for a fairly easy going work from home experience to apply and see if it works for you.
Relaxing and opportunistic place to work
QA Analyst II (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LADecember 2, 2014
What I do on a typical day at work/have learned:

1) Evaluates and tests new or modified software programs and software development procedures used to verify that programs function according to user requirements and conform to establishment guidelines: Writes, revises, and verifies quality standards and test procedures for program design and product evaluation to attain quality of software economically and efficiently.

2) Reviews new or modified program, including documentation, diagram, and flow chart, to determine if program will perform according to user request and conform to guidelines.

3) Recommends program improvements or corrections to programmers.

4) Reviews computer operating log to identify program processing errors.

5) Enters instructions into computer to test program for validity of results, accuracy, reliability, and conformance to establishment standards.

6) Observes computer monitor screen during program test to detect error codes or interruption of program and corrects errors.

7) Identifies differences between establishment standards and user applications and suggests modifications to conform to standards.

8) Sets up tests at request of user to locate and correct program operating error following installation of program.

9) Conducts compatibility tests with vendor-provided programs.

10) Monitors program performance after implementation to prevent reoccurrence of program operating problems and ensure efficiency of operation.

11) Writes documentation to describe program evaluation, testing, and correction.

12) May evaluate proposed software or software – more... enhancement for feasibility.

13) May develop utility program to test, track, and verify defects in software program.

14) May write programs to create new procedures or modify existing procedures.

15) May train software program users.

Management:

Management is really relax but knows what it takes to get the job done in the end.

Co-Workers:

My Co-Workers are very friendly people to work with and have a great knowledge in the field.

Hardest Part of My Job:

Trying to find new things to learn daily.

Most Enjoyable Part of My Job:

I think the most enjoyable part of my job is being able to work with the people I do in this industry and have the same passion as I do. – less
Great to build skills and make connections within the industry, but mediocre in many important job/career aspects
QA Test Lead (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LANovember 25, 2014
EA is a good company to join to introduce yourself to basic software development and project management elements, however the general environment does not foster progressive growth as an employee, requires excessive amounts of social and political maneuvering within the management structure, and historically falls below expectations for compensation at most lower-to-middle management levels.
Friendly culture and casual environment.
Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LANovember 17, 2014
Pros: solid schedule
Job responsibilities included product testing and evaluation for computer based gaming software, fault detection and isolation, and data collection and reporting.

Small to mid-size teams were assigned to each project, each with a direct supervisor.
great place to work, great people to work with
Merchandising Specialist, Origin Global Ecommerce (Current Employee), Redwood City, CAOctober 23, 2014
Pros: free food majority of the time, gym on campus (contractors have to pay) discounts on games, beautiful campus, daycare on site, shuttlles from sf
I honestly love the people that work here as they genuinely love what they do and they are definitely good at it. Very smart and innovative co-workers just makes for better team dynamic as it challenges yet motivates eachother to do better everyday.
Culture is very laid back but people get their work done.
The only disadvantage i'd say is if you are a contractor there is never any real perks or certainty of conversion. You have to know how to play the game right.
Great Job with awesome perks
Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAOctober 19, 2014
Pros: high job satisfaction
Cons: contract job so have to take a 3 month tenure after 12 months
Free coffee and tea, vending machines with an AWESOME selection, a TV with a console to use during breaks. Hour long lunch break, great hours, hardly ever work on weekends.
I worked here for over 2 years and I absolutely loved it. Leadership actually gives recognition for hard work and are motivational. Most of the time, people get a copy of the game they tested when it releases. They also have cool little events (Halloween, there is a costume contest) and once a month they have a building wide meeting where the leaders listen to complaints and give recognition.
Largest Video Game Developer in Orlando
Project Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 15, 2014
Pros: good salary and benefits
Cons: long hours, difficult career advancement, management/leadership challenges
Great employees making some of the biggest sports video games in the industry. Tough hours. Tough work environment.
Great environment,
Software tester. (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAOctober 12, 2014
Pros: tested games before the release date.
Cons: late night shift hours
Perform various test on the project assigned. Reported any issues in the ea database to be reviewed by the developers of the project.
Fun place to work and great co workers
Worldwide Customer Experience Tier 1 (Former Employee), Austin, TXOctober 8, 2014
Best job ever and awesome co workers. A place where you look forward going everyday
Shady Board practices
Forums Team Specialist/Community Moderator (Former Employee), Austin, TexasSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: too much work for too little pay
EA makes it's living off of the backs of talented college grades by working them to death and paying them poorly. The execs and the board are getting rich while the workers and the talent get a tiny fraction of what the board receives. The board often awards itself bonuses in the millions of USD and will think nothing about laying off several thousand employees for the sole reason of affecting the Street's view of EA's "bottom line" and yet no one seems to know about these bogus awards they give themselves. There has also been several times there were some strange share sales by the board just before the stock plummeted. The FTC doesn't seem to care because "it's just a game company". The FTC hasn't realized yet that games make more money than all of Hollywood now.
Fun, interesting, and exciting place to work
Software Quality Engineer (Former Employee), Redwood Shores, CASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: culture, management
Cons: infrastructure
Creativity is embraced and change is welcomed. I only worked here for a year but enjoyed almost every bit of it.
We play games and make games, how fun is that!
Sr. Director of Product Management (Current Employee), San Francisco, CASeptember 16, 2014
Pros: fast pace, latest technology
Cons: limited opportunity for career progression
Fun place to work and learn new technologies.
Fast pace environment and tons of creativity, though very little opportunity for career progression.
Let the Hunting Season Commence
Senior Systems Engineer/Solution Architect (Former Employee), 209 Redwood Shores Parkway 94065September 11, 2014
Pros: great opportunites
Cons: you have to tread water for a while before you are rescued, swaddled and labeled a hero
Very dynamic, challenging (both good and bad) and fun place to work. A mild case of too many chiefs and not enough indians, but that is typical in high tech mid to large scale venues. They would benefit from stronger middle management and guidance with fewer C-Level execs.
Good work life balance.
Manager of Systems Engineering (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CASeptember 4, 2014
Good work life balance. Lots of perks, like free games and end of year week long leave. Good benefits. Exposure to a variety of roles.
Fun Creative Environment and Culture
Sr. Financial Analyst - contract (Former Employee), Redwood City, CAAugust 27, 2014
I have been with EA for 4 months, it was a great experience overall. I happened to be there when they have lost their CEO. We were without new CEO for several months. Thus it was a transitional time within the company.
Fun Workplace, Great People, Good Experience
Quality Assurance - Quality Analyst (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTAugust 8, 2014
Pros: free lunches, free video games, free parties, good work experience, great employees
Cons: long hours, looooong hours
I can honestly say that working at Electronic Arts was most definitely the best job I have ever had. The work at times was long and hard and the overtime would make you want to pull your hair out but the people I got to work with and the work I got to do was so great. Despite what everyone on the internet think Electronic Arts is a great company and they are great to work for. They take care of the employees they have and the work environment is great.
Productive and fun place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 31, 2014
Pros: great colleagues, cool work
If you love video games or consumer electronics than Electronic Arts is the place for you. A very fun and focused work environment. EA is a relax and comfortable place to work. There are lots of amenities on the campus such as a gym, dry cleaning, weekly car washes etc. Lots of opportunity to grow as the company is transitioning many of its titles for the online platform.
Fun.
Software Engineer/ UI Developer (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 15, 2014
Excellent work environment and good people generally. There is quite a lot of management though not a lot of micromanaging. Typical Scrum style.

1 2 3 4 5

About Electronic Arts

At EA, we thrive on outrageous thinking. It’s the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We’re a community – Read more