Electronic Arts Employee Reviews

not good place to work
Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CASeptember 21, 2017
people were rude and clicky. I would not recommend working there. it was a temp job. the site has a cafeteria people must pay for food, it's not free like others.
Fun place to work with discounted games
Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 19, 2017
A typical day at EA involves walking in, sitting down at your desk and checking emails for important information, being assigned a task and doing it until it is done, I learned how to work as a team to get quite daunting task done efficiently. The work culture there is very relax but does have its stressful moments.
Pros
Cheap video Games
Cons
Little room for advancement
A big company
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLSeptember 18, 2017
Electronic Arts is a big company and you have all the advantages working with them. Unfortunately, in my case, the kind of games they develop at Tiburon (mainly Sport games) are not my prefered kind of games.
Pros
Benefits, strong company
Cons
Similar games year after year
Enjoyable, fun place to work.
QA TESTER (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 11, 2017
EA was a fantastic place to work. The environment is nice and relaxed. As a woman in a male dominated industry, I never once felt uncomfortable. Equality is very important to the company.
Pros
Equality, no dress code, own desk space, discount on games
Cons
Short breaks
Enjoyed it for what it is.
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 10, 2017
I went into this job knowing it wasn't going to be a permeant thing, but for what it was it paid really well (nine dollars an hour isn't ideal but it was fair for the "labor" you do) and the hours flew by. I really liked the management there, and the flow of the building.
Cut throat culture
Hidden (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 8, 2017
imbalance of workload from department to department, cool company, fun surroundings, some really hard working people, tough to figure out who is who and what is "right" answer when there are many versions
Pros
game discounts, access to games, good benefits
Not what I expected, but better than I thought
Quality Assurance Tester (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 8, 2017
At the beginning when I realized this wasn't mostly Game Testing, it became disappointing, then I learned QA is actually a bit more fun. The Managers and work culture is progressive. Everyone is very understanding.
Monotonous work with low pay
QA Tester Floor Lead (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LA 70808August 31, 2017
The job was a 9 month contract that starts at minimum wage, with opportunity for $0.50 raises after starting your second contract employment. Average work day consists of the same smoke test routines with the remaining parts of the day spent on testing bug fixes and finding bugs.
Casual environment, not enough remote opportunities
Test Center Operations Lead (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 28, 2017
Great casual environment and wonderful team. Contractor furlough system is a nightmare. Compensation is low. Not enough remote or other opportunities.
Pros
Great benefits, casual, good flexibility if you're salaried.
Cons
Not enough opportunity for growth, low salaries, terrible contractor furlough system in the states, a great deal of corporate red tape and hoops to jump through, misaligned leadership, difficult to feel like one's job is secure.
Fun company - Redwood Shores
Player Network Strategy MBA Intern (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAAugust 15, 2017
Overall enjoyed the experience there. People were nice, nice campus. Learn about how the company is divided up into studios and departments. Overall a good company but a more conservative old school type of company.
n/a
Play-test Coordinator / Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 6, 2017
oh my god wil li have to do this for every job, this is so frustrating and does not help me get a job please make this stop i just want it to end 12345
bunch of creep
PROCUREMENT OPERATIONS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAJuly 28, 2017
two psychopathic managers in a row. this place fosters evil and rewards inertia. technically bankrupt, organizationally anti-human, fiscally precarious
Pros
decent pay
Cons
psychopathic organization
Large Company, Room for Growth
Usability Researcher (Assistant Producer) (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLJuly 26, 2017
Working for such a large company, there is obviously lots of opportunity. The hours are long, however, since there are strict deadlines, and constant pressure improve reviews.
Not recommended
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 13, 2017
Terrible leadership, no transparency, no employee development. The culture is one of exclusivity and it is most important to be a part of the "in" crowd.
A big game company, no real surprises
Development Tester (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CAJuly 10, 2017
Each studio at EA is different, but the corporate culture influences everything. This means that ultimately you're pretty faceless, unless you're a big enough name to be a selling point for a game.

As with any game company unless you *really* want to make games, or you just need a job for a few years to fill in experience on your resume, then you probably shouldn't work here. Game companies don't pay very well, don't treat their employees very well, and aren't very secure employment.

Your mileage may vary, but I'm not big on working for game companies until they at least stabilize to a tech company level.
Pros
experience
Cons
game company
Fun Place to work
Desktop Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32810July 9, 2017
Ok place to work at, plenty of good perks. Free games and lunch was always provided. I traveled frequently across the country and learned about gaming.
Exciting workplace with great benefits
Live Producer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 7, 2017
EA can be a great workplace if you are proactive and need little guidance from leadership. They have great benefits and a great campus with state of the art facilities.
Pros
nice office, good people, relaxed corporate culture
Cons
constant changes in direction
Great Place to Work
QA Project Lead (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 6, 2017
I've been here for 10 years for a reason. It's a good place to work and has good benefits. Salary could be better, and sometimes corporate mentality takes over for management decisions, forgetting that the employees are people, although the first leadership principle is to "Be Human First".
Loved working here, upset that it was contract only
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 29, 2017
I loved my job here at EA, my main issue is that you do not get a raise for more responsibility. I could do the bare minimum and still get paid as much as someone who is running devices and database managing or a CTL. There was very little room to grow, and you were constantly training and losing experienced people.
Pros
lunch, breaks, training, hours
Cons
contract
Bad reputation, great job
Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 28, 2017
I absolutely loved working here. The people were amazing, the office was nice, and the growth potential is endless. Lots of interesting challenges, and useful training is available.
The revolving door is real, as people are frequently brought on to finish a game and let go shortly after. Studio closures happen on the regular, so it's hard to know what to expect. Such is the life of a game developer.
The hours can get crazy. Like, 100 hour weeks crazy. Don't go in if you're not ready for at least some period of extended overtime.
Pros
Culture, People, Games
Cons
Extended hours, instability

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Electronic Arts. Our community is ready to answer.