Communication company is looking for a full time PC Technician to maintain and install computers, laptops, POS systems, and printers.
Candidate will be responsible for a home office and many mobile locations. Candidate will be responsible for the process through which problems are identified and resolved for the entire computing systems environment.
- Provide technical support for software and hardware problems originating on the network, PC, laptop, POS, telephone, and voicemail related problems.
- Install, configure and maintain PCs, printers, and other peripheral devices in a Windows XP/7 Server 2003/2008 Server environment.
- Install and maintain POS systems, cash drawers and printers.
- Remote technical support for POS systems when needed.
- Provide leadership on systems issues involving servers, workstations, POS and telecom equipment.
- Assist in maintenance, administration, and installation of POS, workstations and telecom equipment.
- Provide excellent customer service and assist all customers/users in an efficient and professional manner.
- Proficient in the use of all installed hardware and software tools for Windows XP and 7 Operating Systems and Microsoft Office applications (including Office 2007/2010), as well as third party utilities to include internally built applications interacting with operating systems.
- Install/update virus scan software and enforce policies and procedures.
- Set up new employees with appropriate hardware, software, and peripherals before the employee’s start date.
High School diploma required as well as at least 2 years’ experience in Help Desk/PC support.
This position will require intermediate understanding of fundamental workstation (Win XP, and 7) and server operating systems (2003 and 2008), and basic computer hardware setup and configuration experience. Also required is experience working with Microsoft Office and other related software utilizing a Windows platform, experience with imaging corporate computers, knowledge of LAN/WAN; knowledge of Strata Toshiba phones, and experience with the administration of Anti-virus software.
Candidates must be willing to work overtime as needed.
Salary range $28k – $32k per year depending on experience