Electronic Merchant Systems

Electronic Merchant Systems Employee Reviews in United States

EMS is not a good place to be.
Telemarker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 5, 2016
Not good. No direction. You will fend for yourself as they try to rebuild their offices. Not good at all. Say no to an interview here.
Avery good environment to learn
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Independence, OhioOctober 22, 2015
Management is very laid back and encouraging. Every day my boss would come in a give me encouraging words to keep me motivated throughout the day. There is always something new to learn.
Pros
Free tickets to sports games
Cons
The healthcare is pretty expensive
Awesome place to work until management changed
Appointment setter/Dedicated TM Agent (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHOctober 8, 2015
The first 9 months was a good experience. Co-workers were awesome, we had a really strong team atmosphere, we all assisted as a team, when one of us was behind we pitched in and helped until all of us met our weekly quotas. The hardest part of the job was cold calling companies who had already been called continuously by not only our office, but the many offices in their area. Our original supervisor was AMAZING. So down to earth, motivational, and would literally come onto the floor and sit with you, make calls with you to show some of the different tactics she used to use that got her ahead. She was the best. Once they moved her to another department and brought in another supervisor who had no experience in what we did and changed the rules to where we were not allowed to help each other, the team morale went down severely. Incentives and bonuses were dropped and changed, the atmosphere became depressing and no one wanted to be there anymore. We kept losing employees consistently.
This company prides itself on employee turn over. Sales people over 90 days are considered senior representatives
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 11, 2015
This company offers a combination package to business owners that as stated by my sales manager is done better by other companies. We fill a need for lazy business owners that can't make a decision regarding $99/month.

This company is no progressive and treats employees like disposable assets. It is continually stated that this company is sales driven. All other employees within the organization are over worked and under paid.

Any company that prides itself on the absence of longevity obviously has a cultural issue that starts at the top with the owner and works its way through the managing ranks..
Pros
The money is good
Cons
the culture not so great
An ok place to work
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILAugust 19, 2015
Making cold calls trying to sell customers on setting up appointments with the potential to gain a new business for credit card processing
Fun, Productive, and Energetic
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL.July 19, 2015
A typical day at work included me networking to establish customer relationships, with vendors and store owners to change over outdated cash registers for a newer and more efficient ones. The company also provided handheld payment devices that I marketed as well.

It was considered outside sales, so I gained verbal skills and body language techniques while selling products and services face to face.

I was pretty much my own Management, as I established and maintained solid relationships with my clientele and prospects, and did so with close eye on time management as I traveled to and from meetings.

The job wasn't hard once I got the past the initial stages in the beginning.

I enjoyed helping customers reach their company goals efficiently.
Pros
Fun, Productive
Best Job Ever
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 16, 2015
Loved Working here. Fun and safe. Loved the staff as well as the customers. The managers made working there fun best job ever.
Pros
over time
Not a very personell interested company. Very little training involved. Extremely competitve industry, not much assistance from management to help
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHMarch 15, 2015
This job was a definite mistake on my part. They sold me a bill of goods on how I could make money quickly and much chance for advancement. Management team was new and inexperienced in the industry and I felt like a fish out of water. Compensation plan was different than they explained upon hire, so I had to move on after only 2 months.
Cons
everything
The company as a whole has a horrible concept of turn and burn them
General Manager/Southwest Region (Former Employee) –  Phoenix AZFebruary 25, 2015
Every morning I conducted a meeting with the sales reps and /or training.

Answering emails calls or whatever I was told by my secretary.

The hardest part: no support from Corp.

The best part: helping new reps and watching as their skills sharpened and they became a successful closer.
Pros
i was my own boss and everyone else s in my office
Cons
corp was useless
new
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDDecember 20, 2014
I was knew in the field but the coworkers and mangers were kind and very helpful.
Great proformance based company that you set you own schedule
Outside Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 20, 2014
Job was to go out and network with business owners to get them to partner with our company. Like the flexibility of schedule and that it is performance based. Also, you really need to be able to take rejection and learn from every business owner that you meet. If your self-motivated you will do well in this business.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
no reimbursements, benefits, gas coverage.
Enjoyed the hours
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 14, 2014
I was in charge of organizing and managing the office and some of the team members there. I learned that my ethics are more important than a paycheck.
Cons
company doesn't take care of their employees (benefits, security, etc)
Job security, company stability
AE (Current Employee) –  Independence, OhioOctober 5, 2014
I've experience excellent job security, and a company that has provided longevity of positive profit growth. EMS has been in business for over 27 years. Typical work life is very fast paced, and provides a work atmosphere in which you're provided the freedom to make a position your own. The hardest part of the job is having to deal with outside sales offices, as each office presents challenges in regards to business approach and practices. Working in the financial industry, and in the sales world, you learn to develop thick sick and understanding of pressure when it comes to sales quotas and account approvals for active deals.
Pros
tickets to professional sports games, paid health insurance after 5 years of service.
Cons
healthcare costs are extremely high, lunch breaks are not long enough.
Great office
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 25, 2014
• B2B Outbound sales calls to promote products and services
• Schedules appointments with business clients for follow up
• Reviewed loan rates for clients as requested
• Obtained and processed client information for website creation
• Designed gift and loyalty card incentives for clients
Pros
the building, management & location
Cons
not a stable job
gym
Merchant Appointment setter (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 22, 2014
Fun environment, Great boss, awesome co workers, takes some getting us to but once you finally get the hang of it the job is great!!
Pros
free lunches
Cons
location
I loved comming to work every day and helping my inside sales team
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Westchester (Westbrook Corporate CenterAugust 14, 2014
I really enjoyed bringing out the best in all of my sales team. I really learned how to utilize sales force. My co-workers really helped each other out. Since we had a new GM brought on I was not needed anymore. I guess he wanted to build his own sales team. assistant
Worst manager ever
sales (Former Employee) –  tampa, flJune 2, 2014
This was the worst interview I ever had. The manager was unprofessional, with bad taste, bad shape and dirty clothes. The office was a trash can. I cant believe these guys take credit card information over the phone.

The guy insulted me for no good reason, I thought for a second that this guy had a mental problem.
Pros
flexible schedule, nice office on rocky point tampa.
Cons
bad very bad management
Great Place to work
Programmer (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHMay 18, 2014
Enjoyable work environment, great staff many opportunities to learn and grow.
Pros
great staff, opportunity to learn and grow
Good for your first job.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Independence OhioMay 5, 2014
Very hostile enviroment

Knowledge in Bankruptcy

Dealing with upset clients
Cons
atmosphere
Friendly and relaxed casual atmosphere was a delight to arrive at work everyday
Quality Assurance Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHNovember 6, 2013
Typical day was come in get a cup of coffee with a breakfast sandwich and get the work started, printed the previous end of days detailed reports and began printing the current days deals and distributed to the appropriate associate. Entered auths fees and rates for each individual claim/deal and the day ending with typing the deals received and worked on into an excel worksheet. Worked with very nice and fun ladies there were four of us data entry specialists one supervisor one assistant supervisor and an account/proofreader.
Pros
relaxed casual atmosphere
Cons
short lunches and not compensated well for the time effort and work load for that position