Electronic Merchant Systems Employee Reviews

Good place to grow
IT Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHApril 4, 2017
Good place to grow. Typical day was always the unknown. It could consist of working within LANDESK, maybe take care of some virus issues, help end users with any number of issues, and meet with managers to discuss projects and how to go forward.
Do your research on this company & Don't work for this company
Got Played Individual (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 13, 2017
This is not an honest corporation so you need to get whatever is promised verbally in the interview in writing. The office is dirty and unprofessional
Pros
Cons
Bunch of snakes & not honest
Not Reccommended
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 9, 2017
After almost 2 years of demonstrated success at the company a new upper management team was put in place and I was exited without cause.

It is a fast paced company which is fine, but the right doesn't know what the left is doing and the support you receive from the corporate office is minimal at best.
Pros
the pay can be lucrative
Cons
no security, no communication, no support
supportive of employees
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 28, 2017
The company rewarded excellence and recognized employees that exceeded. They were very supportive and often offered valuable advise to close deals. Staff worked together to help each other close deals.
Horrible working environment
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 25, 2017
This is the worst place ever. The goals are unrealistic and so much pressures is put on the telemarketers to make appointments and then the sales reps hardly take it serious. The management was a joke. So rude to employees. I got out of there as quick as possible!
Cons
Fast paced, highly competitive.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 24, 2017
Fast paced, highly competitive. Need to have high activity with no resistance to cold calling either face to face or on the phone to B2B , Must not be affected personally from rejection
It's Sink or Swim current employee
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  IllinoisDecember 29, 2016
Great company to work for. A lot of potential to make a lot of money, but have to be able and willing to use time management skills essential. Be able to lock down deals by the 2nd appointment. Have advantages on rates best in industry i have seen yet for processing. Multiple products and gain advantage by using a consultative approach to win over small to medium sized businesses. The job is tough if you make it tough state of mind and be willing to work just like any other job. You put the time in do the necessary activity and the results will come. Management is great willing to work with those who want to work by proving activity.
Pros
Be able to operate on your own schedule
Cons
You can only blame yourself if no sales
Not a good place to work.
Processor (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHAugust 1, 2016
Run...this place is horrible! They do not care about their employees. There is no work/life balance. The manager lied in the interview about company perks. This company does not care about the people. Racist co-workers towards the white population. The company needs an attitude adjustment all around! High turn around as well! No training, they expect you to wing it on your own and then yell at you when its not done right.
Territory Manager
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 27, 2016
Manager territory in Greater Pittsburgh area. Working with clients on multiple credit card processing machines and managing processing rates
EMS is not a good place to be.
Telemarker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 5, 2016
Not good. No direction. You will fend for yourself as they try to rebuild their offices. Not good at all. Say no to an interview here.
Avery good environment to learn
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Independence, OhioOctober 22, 2015
Management is very laid back and encouraging. Every day my boss would come in a give me encouraging words to keep me motivated throughout the day. There is always something new to learn.
Pros
Free tickets to sports games
Cons
The healthcare is pretty expensive
Awesome place to work until management changed
Appointment setter/Dedicated TM Agent (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHOctober 8, 2015
The first 9 months was a good experience. Co-workers were awesome, we had a really strong team atmosphere, we all assisted as a team, when one of us was behind we pitched in and helped until all of us met our weekly quotas. The hardest part of the job was cold calling companies who had already been called continuously by not only our office, but the many offices in their area. Our original supervisor was AMAZING. So down to earth, motivational, and would literally come onto the floor and sit with you, make calls with you to show some of the different tactics she used to use that got her ahead. She was the best. Once they moved her to another department and brought in another supervisor who had no experience in what we did and changed the rules to where we were not allowed to help each other, the team morale went down severely. Incentives and bonuses were dropped and changed, the atmosphere became depressing and no one wanted to be there anymore. We kept losing employees consistently.
This company prides itself on employee turn over. Sales people over 90 days are considered senior representatives
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 11, 2015
This company offers a combination package to business owners that as stated by my sales manager is done better by other companies. We fill a need for lazy business owners that can't make a decision regarding $99/month.

This company is no progressive and treats employees like disposable assets. It is continually stated that this company is sales driven. All other employees within the organization are over worked and under paid.

Any company that prides itself on the absence of longevity obviously has a cultural issue that starts at the top with the owner and works its way through the managing ranks..
Pros
The money is good
Cons
the culture not so great
An ok place to work
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILAugust 19, 2015
Making cold calls trying to sell customers on setting up appointments with the potential to gain a new business for credit card processing
Fun, Productive, and Energetic
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL.July 19, 2015
A typical day at work included me networking to establish customer relationships, with vendors and store owners to change over outdated cash registers for a newer and more efficient ones. The company also provided handheld payment devices that I marketed as well.

It was considered outside sales, so I gained verbal skills and body language techniques while selling products and services face to face.

I was pretty much my own Management, as I established and maintained solid relationships with my clientele and prospects, and did so with close eye on time management as I traveled to and from meetings.

The job wasn't hard once I got the past the initial stages in the beginning.

I enjoyed helping customers reach their company goals efficiently.
Pros
Fun, Productive
Best Job Ever
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 16, 2015
Loved Working here. Fun and safe. Loved the staff as well as the customers. The managers made working there fun best job ever.
Pros
over time
Not a very personell interested company. Very little training involved. Extremely competitve industry, not much assistance from management to help
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHMarch 15, 2015
This job was a definite mistake on my part. They sold me a bill of goods on how I could make money quickly and much chance for advancement. Management team was new and inexperienced in the industry and I felt like a fish out of water. Compensation plan was different than they explained upon hire, so I had to move on after only 2 months.
Pros
Cons
everything
The company as a whole has a horrible concept of turn and burn them
General Manager/Southwest Region (Former Employee) –  Phoenix AZFebruary 25, 2015
Every morning I conducted a meeting with the sales reps and /or training.

Answering emails calls or whatever I was told by my secretary.

The hardest part: no support from Corp.

The best part: helping new reps and watching as their skills sharpened and they became a successful closer.
Pros
I was my own boss and everyone else s in my office
Cons
Corp was useless
new
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDDecember 20, 2014
I was knew in the field but the coworkers and mangers were kind and very helpful.
Great proformance based company that you set you own schedule
Outside Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 20, 2014
Job was to go out and network with business owners to get them to partner with our company. Like the flexibility of schedule and that it is performance based. Also, you really need to be able to take rejection and learn from every business owner that you meet. If your self-motivated you will do well in this business.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
no reimbursements, benefits, gas coverage.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Electronic Merchant Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9