Elementis Global Employee Reviews

intern
Internship (Former Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 8, 2017
A day at work for myself i would make short commercial films and promos videos for there network at Elementis. I learned how to work in a office at a corporate job in a cubical at a young age to see what it is like. I also learned about how to get through and around there network on the computer understand how to communicate with different locations in Elements. The hardest part of the job is changing my videos around to make them more relaxed and more for a high quality workplace. The most enjoyable part of this job i was an intern fulfilling my passion as a videographer.
Pros
fulfilling my passion
Cons
acclimate myself in a different work environment
Too many hours, not enough support
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 1, 2017
There was lots of potential at Elementis. New company ownership wanted to invest in all of their facilities. However, the staffing was so lean that it was hard to implement good projects to make goos investments. As a manager, I was working 80-100 hours per week just to keep my departments moving day-to-day without much time to make improvements.
Balanced Work Environment
Laboratory Technician (Summer Intern) (Former Employee) –  East Windsor, NJSeptember 8, 2017
Elementis Specialties provided many of their exempt employees with job benefits. The work environment never felt fast-paced and stressful although there was always something to do.

The employees were kind and helpful. Many were eager to teach newcomers what they knew in the laboratory which helped me to more efficiently complete tasks.
Pros
Great team members.
Very flat organization where staff members wear many hats.
Quality Manager & Production Engineer (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVAugust 1, 2017
I have had to opportunity to engage in many creative and rewarding activities that have definitely benefited Elementis and myself. I have been able to sharpen my professional skills by leading projects that have enhanced the quality of our products and the reliability of the plant.
Pros
Work with great people
Terrible place to work
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  East Windsor, NJApril 20, 2016
ES is a very flat organization with no career path. Leadership does not understand the business nor do they work together. There are a lot of politics and there is no accountability for bad behavior (retaliation, temper tantrums, inappropriate comments.) Product lines are very good but the organization is lacking. Work load is overwhelming. There is no work/life balance. You will be expected to work until the job gets done without much appreciation/compensation for your effort. There is a severe lack of knowledge and experience due to the high turnover. ES does not do a good job training new employees and therefore you are set up for failure as soon as you walk through the door. Everyone works individually and there is a lack of team as the atmosphere pins people against other departments.
Pros
work from home capability
Cons
lack of leadership, severe workload, unprofessional management team
Friendly staff and great facility.
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  East Windsor, NJApril 11, 2016
Elementis was a great place to work. The people are friendly and very willing to help you out. The facility is very up to date as well and includes a weight room.
Toxic Environment - Stay Away.....trust me!
Manager (Former Employee) –  East Windsor, NJFebruary 28, 2016
Very lean organization with extremely high turn over. Poor leadership and no accountability. Expect to take on extra workload because there is not enough people and executive team keeps cutting lower level jobs to save their bonuses
Cons
No accountability; No leadership; No growth path; Bad environment

Comment – March 16, 2016

High turnover due to lack of career path. Promotions are not done within - they bring people in from the outside. Many of the executive team are unprofessional and untrustworthy. There are a lot of office politics. Politics overrule what is best for employees and company.

Brand new state of the art facility with good people and a nice work atmosphere.
Senior Scientist (Former Employee) –  East Windsor, NJOctober 7, 2015
I enjoyed my time working at Elementis. The layoff came very unexpected. I fully expected to end my career working for this company.
Pros
Free Coffee & Full Workout Gym
Cons
Pervasive uneasy feeling among the workers.
Elementis was a great place to work (when I was there anyway).
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hightstown, NJMay 13, 2015
Great place to work (2004 - 2006). Nice mix of people, busy environment. The Heightstown office outside of Princeton was easy to get to.
Hardworking, love extra responsibility, and ready for upward mobility
Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJNovember 6, 2014
I am hardworking, love extra responsibility, and ready for upward mobility
Pros
Good teamwork
Cons
Healthcare benefits
Dangerous!
private (Former Employee) –  Castle Hayne NCSeptember 9, 2014
If you value a chance at a long productive life, please steer clear of this place. Harmful chemicals are spilling everywhere, safety is NOT a priority and the plant is old and being run into the ground.
Global Specialty Chemical Company
Specialty Chemical Company (Former Employee) –  East Windsor, NJAugust 3, 2014
Elementis is a UK listed global specialty chemicals company with operations worldwide that serve customers in North and South America, Europe and Asia Paciļ¬c in a wide range of markets and sectors.
Supportive work environment with little headroom.
Worker (Current Employee) –  Newberry Springs, CAJanuary 17, 2013
Work can be physically demanding and at times repetitive. Co-workers are enjoyable as well as some members of management.
Review
Site Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Hightstown, NJAugust 6, 2012
Diverse Responsiblities as Security Supervisor,and assisted SIte Facilitiy Manager with Day to Day site needs.Sorry to see COntract was not renewed,Received a Great Recommendation Letter Form My Supervisor.