Elements Behavioral Health Employee Reviews

Fast Paced, High Turnover, Low Pay
Primary Therapist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 7, 2017
This company is a managed care company where management views clients as "heads in the bed" and staff are not replaced when they leave. Client care was compromised for money and the paperwork was intolerable. Staff did not received raises for years and not appreciated by management. Pay is low. This company is not ethical and completely disorganized. When I was at Promises, most staff were looking for other jobs and turnover was very high.

The best part of the job was the clients.

I would not recommend this company for employment or for clients.
Pros
Clients, Location
Cons
Benefits are poor, Ineffective Senior Management, Unethical
Communication and supervision
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAMay 30, 2017
Supervision other than scheduling me as I had irregular hours was nonexistent after first two weeks. Never met with me face to face to review caseload. Almost all communication via email. Coworkers almost never talked to me other than at meetings.
When I had car trouble, I was shown how expendable I was. I eventually felt very isolated. Lots of layoffs when I first started.
Pros
Compensation was good.Supervisor polite, nice, justuninvolved. I was low on the priority list for him.
Provided a lot of growth
Credentialing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 12, 2017
Allowed me to grow
Worked closely with insurance companies
Not micromanaged
Was able to move around
Good managers
Awesome co-workers
Fair
Good salary
LPN (Current Employee) –  Hanover, PAApril 18, 2017
Great group of staff that are passionate about what they do. Chaotic at times but that is to be expected in a fast pace environment like a drug and alcohol rehab. Glad to be a part of the team there
Behavioral Health company with many moving parts
Events and Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 3, 2017
Each day was different and I worked with an amazing marketing and outreach team. Was part of the original team who grew the company and the multiple treatment centers who helped many people.
Pros
Never boring
Cons
Nothing when I worked there
Awful
Primary Therapist (Former Employee) –  Wrightsville, PAMarch 4, 2017
This company, when I started, seemed to be in a rapid growth spurt. They seemed willing to invest money into their different locations. At first the team gathered was amazing and the staff was able to treat the clients with different interventions that truly were client focused. Eventually it became apparent that the company was short sighted and they grew too fast and were irresponsible with their finances. There were two rounds of layoffs when I was there...each time saying there wouldn't be more. After these layoffs, punitive management was brought in and the expecatations of all employees increased to ridiculous levels. There was a hyper focus on AMA discharges. So much that if a client of yours left AMA-you would get the 3rd degree. Eventually it felt that the different departments stopped talking and there were breakdowns that could have affected clients in very serious ways.

Leaving there was crucial for my own wellbeing and most of the original team is no longer there for the same reasons.

The pay was good; however the benefits were terrible. No 401k match, no paid STD or life insurance, and most importantly-terrible PTO. You get 10 days a year total-BUT you accrue your days. So when you first start-don't plan on taking a long vacation. With such an intense job-more days off is crucial. It would have been nice to see getting vacation days at the beginning of the year and personal days that could accrue? Anyways-the pay was not enough to make me stay.
Pros
Beautiful location, pay was decent, intelligent and dedicated peers
Cons
Awful benefits, punitive management, fear of being laid off
Horrible place to work
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nunnelly, TNFebruary 28, 2017
Long hours and huge responsibilities for low pay. Very little training and job responsibilities not clearly communicated at hiring. No support from management. Raises frozen indefinitely. Let a large number of people go two weeks before Christmas. No positive feedback, only negative from House Manager. Shuffling of staff whenever, so no feeling of security. A lot of chaos due to being short staffed. Many staff members have quit since 2016 and were told it was a coincidence and happens at other places too. No advancement possible. They have trouble keeping staff due to these reasons. The worst place I've ever worked. No appreciation for a dependable hard worker who has a good work ethic.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Long hours, low pay, no appreciation, no regard for employees
rewarding experience
Supervisor / Residential House Manager (Former Employee) –  Nunnelly, TNFebruary 21, 2017
Very happy for the training I received. The internal struggles were sometimes unfair treatment and what can be perceived as a 'good old boys' attitude from some of the employees (wives included).
Pros
Beautiful surroundings
Cons
Company upheaval
Greeat palce to work
Outreach Coordinator (Current Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 7, 2017
I am extremely happy at Elements. They really care and are working hard to overcome obstacles that have been placed in front of them. The new team leaders are motivating and encouraging
Pros
Exceptional team memebers
Cons
Past employees negativity
EBH - Financial Analyst
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 15, 2017
Elements is a good place to work, the work-life balance is exceptional. The people there are all really nice and positive. You'll never get chewed out for a honest mistake.

Want to know more about Elements Behavioral Health?

Ask a question
going downhill
Client Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Malibu, CAJanuary 5, 2017
Company is going downhill fast. Three layoffs. People taking on more work and not making anymore money. Upper managements is bad. Everyone has left
Dysfunctional
RN (Former Employee) –  Wrightsville, PADecember 20, 2016
I left after 3 months because I truly felt that my license was at risk. Orders not signed, time sheets being falsified. Now HR is gone and nurses do everything. This was the most unprofessional place I have ever worked. I did love the clients but I couldn't stay!
Pros
Some staff truly want to help clients
Cons
Unorganized, unprofessional
Dysfunctional is an Understatement
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNSeptember 26, 2016
Work done for patients in facilities is invaluable, but company doesn't live up to mission and is in disarray. Execs in corporate office in CA have been replaced several times, same with CBO in TN. Several consulting companies have been hired to help but still overly dysfunctional.

Raises frozen over a year ago. People who have experience quit as soon as they realize the bs. It's run by ppl who don't have a clue so they "guess" and string others along by promising promotions for positions that won't exist since the company is downsizing.
Pros
Free sodas
Cons
Raises frozen, horrible PTO & benefits, inexperienced management
Busy Call Center Environment
Intake Advisor II (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 27, 2016
Great people, grew very fast! Not very much room for advancement. The quota gave it a feel of being a salesperson which I am not good at. But being able to help others in any capacity is great.
Pros
able to trade days
Cons
no room for advancement
Workplace enviorment
INTAKE ADVISOR/ UTILIZATION BENEFITS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CADecember 26, 2015
For a call center enviorment, there are huge cubicals. lost of space and the work environment is plesent. Co workers are very cool.
I enjoy my work day.
Pros
Pleasent work environment
Cons
too close to LBC airport
Brightwater Landing
Residential Aide (Current Employee) –  Wrightsville, PANovember 17, 2015
Great place to work with fantastic staff who have passion for their careers, clients and the recovery process.I couldn't have found a more motivating work environment in which I was able to grow as individual and a professional.
Call Center problems
Intake Advisor (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 3, 2015
While I worked there the lead gal on days, tall blond never even had eye contact with me, even while I talked to her. Some of the intake advisers were nice others were rude and as you say back stabbers.
Call center management need some help, especially the Day Supervisor. Not friendly, very negative. If you don't fit in to their shyster ways than your out. Very snobby environment!!
Pros
good pay
Cons
Bad attitudes, snobby, gossip
Stressful work environment
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 19, 2015
Stressful work environment, processing 4 company codes with bi-weekly payroll. Poor management & high turn over. Poor Human Resources dept with not much experience in their field which made it hard for you to do your job.
Pros
lots of OT, close to home.
Cons
poor management, stressful & hostile environment
High paced work environment
Upper Management (Former Employee) –  PASeptember 1, 2015
Have the opportunity to work with the best in the nation. Always growing with the clinical trends in the industry.
Very difficult to have a personal life at the constant pace of the agency.
Working 24 hours a day seven days a week.
Pros
Professional Development
Cons
Work and Life ratio
IT Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 17, 2015
Great place to work. Everyone is nice. No room for advancement in many positions. They just laid off a huge amount of folks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elements Behavioral Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5