Elements Behavioral Health

Elements Behavioral Health Employee Reviews

Screwy management, health care
Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 30, 2015
The company became its own health care provider, which is a risk a much larger company can take on, but only lead to confusion with Elements. Try using the health care card at a doctor's office and they'll look at you funny as it's not an insurance card but a card for the administrators of the plan. The company that administers the insurance is terrible. Calls to get benefits authenticated go straight to voicemail.

Regarding management, the company went from free spending, no budget to freaking out over budgets. Upper management clearly acquired other companies way too quickly, which lead to laying off people. Which would be understandable if the layoffs were in departments that overlapped between Elements and the newly acquired companies, but that wasn't the case.

Where there *is* overlap are two separate marketing departments the company built up, which causes confusion and consternation for everyone.
Call Center problems
Intake Advisor (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 3, 2015
While I worked there the lead gal on days, tall blond never even had eye contact with me, even while I talked to her. Some of the intake advisers were nice others were rude and as you say back stabbers.
Call center management need some help, especially the Day Supervisor. Not friendly, very negative. If you don't fit in to their shyster ways than your out. Very snobby environment!!
Pros
good pay
Cons
Bad attitudes, snobby, gossip
Rapidly Growing Company
Executive Assistant to VP HR, CFO, VP CLINICAL DEV (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 28, 2015
Overall, a good company with many nice people.

The staff tripled in the time I was there. Many times they were not introduced and you could pass them in the halls and not know we were employed by the same company. It's much nicer to know and greet them.

I was able to grow and stretch my skills, adding Notary to the list.

Supporting the executives and different departments made the day interesting.
Pros
Friendly staff and managment, a good location
Cons
No room for advancement, pace was either super fast or very slow
Brightwater Landing
Residential Aide (Current Employee) –  Wrightsville, PANovember 17, 2015
Great place to work with fantastic staff who have passion for their careers, clients and the recovery process.I couldn't have found a more motivating work environment in which I was able to grow as individual and a professional.
Stressful work environment
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 19, 2015
Stressful work environment, processing 4 company codes with bi-weekly payroll. Poor management & high turn over. Poor Human Resources dept with not much experience in their field which made it hard for you to do your job.
Pros
lots of OT, close to home.
Cons
poor management, stressful & hostile environment
call center needs help
Intake (Former Employee) –  call centerJune 22, 2015
50 % of the employees are liers and back stabbers expected to meet a sales goal and others are allowed to steal your records. Team leads speak to people like their dogs when you complain to upper mgmt they tell you to ignore it ., It is a very hostile environment.
They promise the world but theirs no room for advancement and they use you and abuse you if your kind. You need very Think thick skin and a very cold personality to survive .. Leads are abusive and mean and degrade workers
Pros
free coffee
Cons
not what they seem 100% sales jobs
Workplace enviorment
INTAKE ADVISOR/ UTILIZATION BENEFITS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CADecember 26, 2015
For a call center enviorment, there are huge cubicals. lost of space and the work environment is plesent. Co workers are very cool.
I enjoy my work day.
Pros
Pleasent work environment
Cons
too close to LBC airport
Enjoyable Atmosphere
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNDecember 26, 2014
This is the best employer I have worked for in my career thus far. My co-workers are an outstanding group who work together on many projects, ensuring the efficiency of the organization. My direct reports are down-to-earth executives who treat me fairly and challenge my skills to enhance personal growth.
Pros
pay grade, company events, company lunches.
Cons
lack of administrative advancement.
needed alot of improvement when it came to organization
Collection Specialist,Biller,CSR,Special Projects (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJune 5, 2015
I never received proper training. They didn't even have a training manual. In the beginning it seemed like the "perfect job", but as they hired more management,made more rules,and tried to be too much about policies; they became unorganized & made unrealistic requirements.
High paced work environment
Upper Management (Former Employee) –  PASeptember 1, 2015
Have the opportunity to work with the best in the nation. Always growing with the clinical trends in the industry.
Very difficult to have a personal life at the constant pace of the agency.
Working 24 hours a day seven days a week.
Pros
Professional Development
Cons
Work and Life ratio
IT Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 17, 2015
Great place to work. Everyone is nice. No room for advancement in many positions. They just laid off a huge amount of folks.
Horrible place
None (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNMarch 5, 2015
Worst place I've ever worked for. Leadership does not care for their employees. Quarterly bonuses are always 4-6 months late! They have no organization. They do not provide the proper training and tools to fulfill your responsibilities. There is absolutely no communication.
Pros
great hours
Cons
benefits are horrible, leadership is horrible
Relaxed enviorment
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNJuly 8, 2014
day to day is the same
friendly co workers
ok benefits
ok pay
not a lot of advancement
Pros
work-home ratio, friendly staff
Cons
pay, benefits
Great workplace
Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNDecember 30, 2014
I love my job, just looking to advance my career. I have a great team and wonderful managers. Follow-Up on Outstanding Medical Billing Claims. Ensure Collections of any Patient Responsibility Payments. Medical Billing and Coding for a Variety of Physician Specialties.
A Wonderful Place to Work
Senior Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 6, 2013
Elements is a wonderful place to work. The people are great the benefits are great.
Pros
the people you get to work with
Cons
no advancment opportunities

2.4