Elements Therapeutic Massage Employee Reviews in United States

okay for a job, no chance of a career
Sales and Client Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 23, 2015
The pay was not great, but I really liked the people I worked with. Not much room for advancement- definitely a job rather than career (even the manager had another job). Criticism is used much more than praise but you do review regular performance reviews.
Pros
commission on membership sales, regular hours, relaxing but competitive environment
Cons
few benefits, obvious favoritism from management, underappreciated employees
Great potential with poor management
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 20, 2016
The pay is well below average but higher than similar places in the area. There is no advancement opportunities. Do not try to get a day off outside of your normal schedule. All employees are underappreciated, underpaid and overworked. Owner and lead therapist are engaged and though they may not bicker often, the tension fills the studio when they are, both will take off as much as they like with no questions asked however employees are reprimanded for taking time off. Little to no time in between clients, you have less than 5 minutes to get your first client off the table, dressed, recommend revisit times, change table and get next client in the room. More preoccupied with getting clients in than getting them with the correct therapist.
Pros
Short hours
Cons
No benefits, no room for advancement, no policy on time off, plays favorites, no consecutive enforcement of certain policies, owner and lead therapist are never on the same page, short breaks, must stay at studio even when you have no clients and are not paid to be there.
A Way for Me to Get to Know People in the Area
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Chandler, ArizonaOctober 21, 2015
I stumbled upon this massage studio the 3rd day I moved out to Arizona, and thought it would be a great way to meet people and re-vamp my front end skills as I have been on medical leave for a few months. The massage therapists and other staff have been more than welcoming and I am so grateful to work in such a calming and healing environment. I have held a position of this sort back in Florida, where I managed two luxury spas, that had been around for 11 years with a well- built clientele base, so this is a new experience for me trying to build up and retain clients to show them the true benefits of massage therapy. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to see the clients walk out almost pain free, without any harmful drugs, but just the dealing nature of working with one's body. The holistic aspect of healthcare is a growing market and I am lucky to be apart of it!
Massage done right, i wish i started here right out of school
LMT (Current Employee) –  Woodridge, ILJanuary 8, 2016
To be successful you have to have the right atmosphere, stress free, mutual respect from your fellow therapist and good energy. it's nice to find a franchise that makes the client the total focus and not pressure the staff to sell product and enhancements. without naming names i do not "Envy" therapist that work at other less then reputable franchises in this field who are all about the hard sell. the elements ( Woodridge IL) business model does right what most others get wrong.
Pros
The perfect stress free work enviornment
Cons
would be nice to be busier but my location is new and things will pick up eventually
Great management team!
LMT (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXApril 21, 2016
Best management I have ever worked for. Positive environment and helpful co-workers. Clean, safe, and inviting. Supportive team, always friendly and always helping the entire team to work together and succeed. Flexible schedule changes usually approved. Monthly luncheons and learning groups.
Pros
Communication/management
Cons
benefits/ pay
Busy work environment and supportive co workers
Lead Therapist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 4, 2015
I enjoyed working both the front desk position and having my hands in on the management part of the student, as well as working with the community. I was giving many opportunities to work out in the public eye and to work one on one with employees to help them fine tune their craft. I loved being involved with all aspects of the company and liked being able to stay busy everyday I was in studio. A typical day always ranged from setting up my room and preparing for clients to helping train the front desk staff/therapist and helping with interviews. I truly could not have worked alongside better therapists and learned so much from each one of them. It was a great team environment that the clients could tell we all worked so well together and wanted to help others. The hardest part of the job was trying to do it all and it would sometimes get me stressed out but managed to pull through.
Pros
Great co-worked, consistent clients, monthly bonuses
Cons
Pulled in too many directions at times, No further advancement
Wonderful staff and clients in a relaxing environment.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Hilliard, OHApril 6, 2016
I have taken pride in being part of a team that concentrates on exceptional customer service! My vast experience in customer service has been a great match here at Elements.
Great Benefits, Concise goals and focus
Studio Manager (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COApril 6, 2015
The typical shift for a studio manager was your basic 9-5 hours. Making sure the studio was clean an ready for clients, checking/confirming appointments and schedules. Handling staff schedules etc.

The hardest part of the job was handling absent employees (illness etc.) rescheduling their clients, finding a replacement or their shift.

The greatest benefit of being employed at an elements studio was free monthly massages, it was also a relaxed environment in which to work.
Pros
Free Massage
Cons
No other benefits, little opportunity for advancement past studio manager.
A typical day at work.
Massage therapist (Former Employee) –  Nutley, NJOctober 9, 2015
Working with Elements is a fun Job especially the one that I worked for all of the staff and my co workers are great. Work place is so neat and organize.
Pros
Free massage per month
Benefits
Massage therapist
Certified Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 7, 2016
Work one on one with clients who suffer from chronic muscle aches to clients who just want a relaxation massage.
Great place to work as you learn as you go.
Elements Therapeutic MAssage
Licensed Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 28, 2015
This was a wonderful place to start my career in massage therapy. I gained a lot of experience in my field and was given opportunities to teach and train people. I enjoyed the opportunity to grow and lead in the company.
Pros
Nice co-workers, gained experience
Cons
not enough pay and not much room for growth in the company
Not worth it
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  SomewhereOctober 19, 2013
Currently looking for other work. Serious disconnect between management and employees. They are mostly away from the studio and not very approachable. Some employees are out to get others fired. Extreme favoritism towards some and extreme talking behind backs about those not liked. You get in trouble for trying to switch shifts with someone or changes your hours, even though others do and no one says anything to them. Fake atmosphere between employees, great atmosphere with clients. No work/life balance, constant computer problems.
Great work environment
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMay 8, 2015
Needs new management, higher income, unrealistic expectations of employees, cleanliness lacking, no benefits, loyal customers, great massage therapists who should be working at better places
Busy and community-oriented therapeutic massage studio
Licensed Clinical Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, ILJanuary 25, 2013
Shifts are staggered to accommodate possible couples/groups, as well as, necessary breaks for therapists. Schedules are 9/10 completely full, booked with new clients/potential members and recurring clients. Management arranges annual team building activities and quarterly meetings so that therapists have a chance to get to know each other professionally. The hardest part of the job is being able to schedule monthly massage trades with other therapists because the schedule is so booked. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to share the therapeutic benefits of massage with new and existing clients, no matter their demographics.
Pros
location to other businesses, out-calls
Cons
no healthcare, no paid vacations, lack of free massage trades.
I got to help people heal!
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Parker, COApril 17, 2013
Coming into work I reviewed the clients that I was to work on, looked over past massages (if any), what their complaints were and what they wanted done.
I learned so much from the founder of the company that would do one on one training sessions with us. She showed me all kinds of new moves, she thought me different ways to work different muscles.
Management was on and off at this location, as they could not keep a location manager (for what ever reason).
My co-workers were great! They were just like me! Passionate about helping people heal!
The hardest part of my job was the toll it took on my body, and the lack of compensation.
The most enjoyable part of my job there is in the title... I got to help people heal! Physically, emotionally... It didn't matter how.
Pros
helping people!
Cons
toll on my body.
Great Atmosphere
Customer Service Representative/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Park Ridge, ILMay 31, 2015
This establishment is wonderful. The company itself has nothing but good intentions and offers each & every client the best customer service experience. Therapeutic massage is essential to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Elements Massage makes this possible.
Pros
Great staff, open 7 days a week, good management, willing to work with my schedule & give me the work hours I request
Cons
Have not found any, as of yet!
enhanced massage skills and modalities
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXDecember 21, 2013
management doesn't understand work and effort to perform a massage session (even tho it's owned by a massage therapist), no breaks in-between sessions,,,,always working and rushing....therapists burn out easily
enjoyed working/applying different modalities
Pros
flexibile schedule
Cons
low pay, no benefits or advancement
Front Desk duties including scheduling, appointment making for clients, consulting with the therapists, organize
front desk receptionist (Former Employee) –  portland ORJuly 16, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Learned basic administrative assistant duties such as scheduling, making appointments for clients.
Great pay
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 12, 2014
Working here was fun and I loved what I do. The management was not the best. People in the work place were judgmental and it was difficult to advance in the company with so much pressure and expectations. You also never knew how busy you would be. Getting paid per massage, you could sit and only have 1 client during a 6 hour shift. Not a person I would want to work for again.
Pros
great pay
Cons
unreliable schedule, bad management, no benefits
a calm and relaxing enviornment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bannockburn, ILApril 29, 2014
My experience with elements has been a very pleasant one. From the moment you walk through are studio doors, a sense of relaxation and easy takes over almost immediately. the front desk always has a smile on their faces and are very easy to talk to. When I first joined the team, they were very quick to make me feel apart of the family and teach me the ropes about the studio. Majority of the time, if something unexpected was to occur, personally or professionally, the staff is always understanding and tries to help in anyway they can. the management is excellent; always on time and eager to assist with any kind of need. In fact, I can honestly say that Elements Therapeutic Massage is my favorite company to work for. Overall, I cannot complain about this company, they are excellent to work for.

2.9