Elements Therapeutic Massage Employee Reviews

So much turnover and low wages
Massage Therapist Level (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 17, 2017
I thought it would be a step up from Hand and Stone but is was not. Low wages, no breaks, unsanitary areas. NO hot water to wash employee hands. Drama and turnover. Lack of good management.
spa was busy
Licensed Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 20, 2017
fully booked from start to end of shifts

not everyone understand the full consent of massage and services and it was my job to educate.

management was difficult to get a hold of, often times i was shorted on paychecks. it took several weeks to fix paychecks.

workplace culture was very relaxed and easy to work with.

most difficult part of my job was when i would be pared with a client who was looking for a soothing relaxing massage not a deep tissue.

working with clients to make overall improvements in their life.
Pros
friendly and knowledgeable staff
Cons
lack of heathcare
Terrible environment and even worse pay
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Chandler Village, AZMarch 17, 2017
My first job out of school and I thought I had really hit the lottery. However I was over worked, way underpaid for the hours I put in, and the management aggressively bullied those of us who were new or just not favored. I quit after only 6 months due to the terrible environment. If you are looking for a good place to work THIS ISN'T IT. Run away.
Pros
Good clients and you don't have to wash your linens
Cons
Terrible management, pushed to recommend unnecessary appointments, bullied to quit
Had Enough of this place
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 25, 2017
Worked here as a therapist and just walked out. Bad management and working environment finally pushed me to leave. We didn't have any lotion just oil, overhead music to rooms broke and had to buy a portable CD player for our clients. Computers not working and clients complaining about being overcharged and Elements (management) losing gift cards they purchased. Glad to leave this junk hole and work for a real Massage business that's cares for it's cliental.
Pros
Cons
Everyhing
Enjoyable place to work
Licensed Massage Practioner (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 3, 2017
The owner makes the workplace very comfortable. We are like family. The first place in a long time where I look forward to going to work. What I love most about the job is the satisfaction of helping the clients feel better. The hardest part of the job is the physical work.
Pros
Montly free massages
great enviorment
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 2, 2016
I love the low key and calm atmosphere and Elements has that. If your looking for low cost but a good overall experience. Elements would be a great place to go.
Very Zen but high turn over rate
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Centennial, CO 80112November 15, 2016
Very few hours offered. High turn over rate. Health benefits are not offered. full time is not an option. your replaceable. training isn't the best. but its flexible and accommodating. easy. but the pay isn't great.
Pros
zen. therapists. atmosphere. flexible.
Cons
no health benefits. no raises. low pay. no advancement. no chance of full time
Family style work place great place to work
Licensed Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Whitefish Bay, WINovember 4, 2016
It's awesome clients are great condition workers are amazing. The hardest part of the job is making sure you give the clients what they ask you to do during intake and make sure you execute it.
Pros
Great networking experi9experience
Cons
Short breaks
Great workplace, great people
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXOctober 31, 2016
Great place to work. I'd still be there if I hadn't moved. Everyone is very supportive and down to earth. Although, it does get slow from time to time.
Positive and caring environment
Licensed Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 26, 2016
All co-workers are always ready to lend a helping hand to each other. Management is encouraging and makes a genuine effort to take care of their employees.
Drama filled, stressful and threatening workplace.
RECEPTIONIST/CLIENTELLE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 20, 2016
This was one of the hardest jobs I've ever had to do. As an employee we were trained and then told to sign a contractual agreement of 12 months to stay employed. In fine print, the contract states it can be modified by the employer at any time and under and of the stated clauses. And if you break the contractual agreement, by being fired or by quitting, you are fined 1000.00. This contract is held over your head as an employee the entire time you work there. No matter the work you put out, incredible or not, you cannot and will not advance in this company. The owner is interested in making loney, not in wellness of the clients or staff. It is very unfortunate. I learned a lot working here. Therefore I am grateful for the experience all the same.
Pros
I learned what not to do or accept in a place of work.
Cons
All of the above.
Great place to practice massage therapy
MASSAGE THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLSeptember 29, 2016
-Alleviated and or eliminated pain, induced deep relaxation. Decreased stress.
-Relaxed and softened injured, tired, and overused muscles.
-Rejuvenated the endocrine system; increased vitality. Improved concentration.
-Alleviated low-back pain, improved range of motion, and increased joint flexibility.
Sales Client Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MIApril 27, 2016
I love the relationships I have built with the employees and regular clients throughout the years working here. The environment is relaxing and I have been able to grow my leadership abilities by taking on lead roles.
Great management team!
LMT (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXApril 21, 2016
Best management I have ever worked for. Positive environment and helpful co-workers. Clean, safe, and inviting. Supportive team, always friendly and always helping the entire team to work together and succeed. Flexible schedule changes usually approved. Monthly luncheons and learning groups.
Pros
Communication/management
Cons
benefits/ pay
Great potential with poor management
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 20, 2016
The pay is well below average but higher than similar places in the area. There is no advancement opportunities. Do not try to get a day off outside of your normal schedule. All employees are underappreciated, underpaid and overworked. Owner and lead therapist are engaged and though they may not bicker often, the tension fills the studio when they are, both will take off as much as they like with no questions asked however employees are reprimanded for taking time off. Little to no time in between clients, you have less than 5 minutes to get your first client off the table, dressed, recommend revisit times, change table and get next client in the room. More preoccupied with getting clients in than getting them with the correct therapist.
Pros
Short hours
Cons
No benefits, no room for advancement, no policy on time off, plays favorites, no consecutive enforcement of certain policies, owner and lead therapist are never on the same page, short breaks, must stay at studio even when you have no clients and are not paid to be there.
Wonderful staff and clients in a relaxing environment.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Hilliard, OHApril 6, 2016
I have taken pride in being part of a team that concentrates on exceptional customer service! My vast experience in customer service has been a great match here at Elements.
Massage therapist
Certified Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 7, 2016
Work one on one with clients who suffer from chronic muscle aches to clients who just want a relaxation massage.
Great place to work as you learn as you go.
Massage done right, i wish i started here right out of school
LMT (Current Employee) –  Woodridge, ILJanuary 8, 2016
To be successful you have to have the right atmosphere, stress free, mutual respect from your fellow therapist and good energy. it's nice to find a franchise that makes the client the total focus and not pressure the staff to sell product and enhancements. without naming names i do not "Envy" therapist that work at other less then reputable franchises in this field who are all about the hard sell. the elements ( Woodridge IL) business model does right what most others get wrong.
Pros
The perfect stress free work enviornment
Cons
would be nice to be busier but my location is new and things will pick up eventually
okay for a job, no chance of a career
Sales and Client Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 23, 2015
The pay was not great, but I really liked the people I worked with. Not much room for advancement- definitely a job rather than career (even the manager had another job). Criticism is used much more than praise but you do review regular performance reviews.
Pros
commission on membership sales, regular hours, relaxing but competitive environment
Cons
few benefits, obvious favoritism from management, underappreciated employees
A Way for Me to Get to Know People in the Area
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Chandler, ArizonaOctober 21, 2015
I stumbled upon this massage studio the 3rd day I moved out to Arizona, and thought it would be a great way to meet people and re-vamp my front end skills as I have been on medical leave for a few months. The massage therapists and other staff have been more than welcoming and I am so grateful to work in such a calming and healing environment. I have held a position of this sort back in Florida, where I managed two luxury spas, that had been around for 11 years with a well- built clientele base, so this is a new experience for me trying to build up and retain clients to show them the true benefits of massage therapy. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to see the clients walk out almost pain free, without any harmful drugs, but just the dealing nature of working with one's body. The holistic aspect of healthcare is a growing market and I am lucky to be apart of it!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elements Therapeutic Massage. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8