Elephant Auto Insurance

Elephant Auto Insurance Employer Reviews

Awful place to work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Richmond VAAugust 3, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: bad management and stressfull work envirnoment
I was an employee and the training was awful. Most of the time was spent in a room by ourselves doing nothing. When I got out onto the floor, I was given no supplies and no script. There is no one to help you if you have a question and they hold it against you if you take breaks and lunch.
Fun high paced environment
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Glen Allen, VAApril 20, 2014
Pros: great bonus and incentive packages
Cons: benifits
Reviewed emails and follow ups. Then proceeded with assisting customers with their accounts
Excellent Corporate Culture
Licensed Sales Team Agent (Current Employee), Glen Allen, VAMarch 7, 2014
Up and coming company with excellent focus on work life balance
HORRIBLE COMPANY
Sales agent (Former Employee), Richmond, VirginiaJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: attendance policy, training program, management, benefits and pay, building set up, parking, staff, human resources
From the 1st day of training, I knew I wouldn't be employed there long. The company has NO STRUCTURE what so ever. The recruiting process was the only somewhat "structured" piece I've experienced with the company. The training program is elementary, I'm thankful I already had a broad knowledge of insurance prior to sitting through that torture. The – more... management is just as unorganized and scattered. They tell you one thing and then someone literally comes behind them and tells you something else. It's ridiculous! The benefits and pay aren't worth anything unless you're just desperate for a job for the moment (was my case until recently). This company doesn't set you up for success what so ever! I'm surprised they haven't ran into any lawsuits as of yet! They don't care about employees health or what's going on in your personal life, they expect you to be at work whether your on your death bed or recovering from a family death. I was let go simply because my doctor needed me out of work for a week because I'm pregnant with the flu and dehydration! If you can find something else, I would! They have the worst attendance policy I've ever seen! It's really no room for unexpected occurrences to happen because you'll surely be out of the door! The company as a whole is tacky, unprofessional and I for one regret even sending my resume in and wasting my time! SAVE YOURSELF! – less
Needs more structure
Network / Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 21, 2013
This company is good to start working for, especially if you are staring IT. The pay is very competitive, however, management lacks structure and communication.
A competitive and challenging business constantly changing and adapting to today's culture.
Call Center Manager, Account Manager, Team Lead (Former Employee), South Plainfield, NJJune 19, 2013
Pros: contests to keep a strong moral
Cons: as a company communication should be improved
Controlling the queue, service levels and attendance is always key, yet the main focus which reaps the best benefits is spending the time to enhance the agent's capabilities. A knowledgeable confident agent will always bring in the best results while maintaining a positive attitude.
Management was always ready to assist and did so in a professional – more... manner. As you grow with a company you realize the stressful times are an opportunity to go out there and put forth your best effort to win the game. Everyone worked well together even at times banging heads but always coming together.
Of my co workers i enjoyed spending time with them, to me it's important to let agent's "have their say". By letting them speak their mind you can understand how to guide them when coaching.
The hardest part of this job would be sudden changes taking place and quickly adapting to new projects with little training. Trial and error was a major part of this job. As a company communication must be improved.
As stressful and challenging as that was i found it the most exciting part of the job to lead a group to success by using your own idea's, input and strategies. – less
Unique culture with great benefits, room for advancement and open communication
Elephant Employee (Current Employee), Glen Allen, VAMay 6, 2013
Pros: great benefits, relaxed atmosphere
Great place to work where everyone is friendly, and the benefits are great. Can't beat the work environment!
Great company to work for!
Marketing (Current Employee), Glen Allen, VAApril 22, 2013
Pros: job development, culture, benefits
Elephant Insurance has an excellent corporate structure and they give you the tools to be your own boss. It has a casual work environment but the main focus is still on getting the job done. Elephant is a place where you can develop your career skills and have fun at the same time. We do it right first time, every time!
not worth your time
sales (Current Employee), richmondApril 16, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: everything else
with this company there is no consistency at all. Policy's faster then anything on a daily basis. Employees are never sure about what that are supposed to be doing if it is correct or not. You get a different answer from any manager you go to. They way it was put to us in two different meeting says it all - Elephant is never going to pay you what you – more... are worth if you want that then you need to go somewhere else - but we get to wear jeans. Also, We are glad you are here and we will also be glad to see you go. It is true Elephant hires just to fire. – less
Casual -Relaxed Dress Work Environment
Licensed Customer Service Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Glen Allen, VAMarch 20, 2013
Pros: some of co-workers are really great to work with and can mke it a fun environment
Cons: alot of leadership goes to people head, and start to talk thir employees like they are children or pets..no respect
Come into work, log into all systems needed and clock in. Next, for the rest of the day, you are answering inbound calls or making outbound follow up calls. You are making changes on policies 24/7. You get two 15 minute breaks and 1 hour lunch break and you don not have to take the whole lunch. The job itself is easy if you love customer service, but – more... its just hard to do your job when no one is on the same page. Their attendance policy suck and there is a lot of favoritism. Elephant hires you to fire you. Every 3 months about 3-7 employees are either leaving or getting fired about nonsense and new hire class comes in. – less
My days at the elephant
Outbound agent (Former Employee), Richmond, v ADecember 12, 2012
Pros: free lunch, different superlatives, meeting new co-workers and having a family within the company
Cons: short breaks, angry customers
A typical day at elephant is fun, energetic, everybody is always in a good mood. Its never a dull moment at elephant, always enjoying the free food, games, ping pong table, but at the end of the day we all reached out quotas and did our work. What I learned at elephant is to always do your best, no matter how many times people hang up on you or curse – more... you out customers are always right and just being your bubbly self , and your personality means a lot to them. The hardest part of the job was being hung up on and cursed out because you just wanted people to just be nice and if they didn't want the quote to at least be nice about it. The most enjoyable part of the job was lunch and games with the different departments. I always enjoyed little battles with the sales, and customer service department. It was all fun and work always got done. – less
Great environment with great attitudes
Jr. Network Engineer (Current Employee), Richmond, VADecember 3, 2012
My typical day at work consists of making sure we are receiving the correct alerts so we are aware of upcoming issues. When there is downtime we may shoot a few darts or take a 15 minute break to play ping pong.
Productive and fun workplace
Outbound Sales Representative (Current Employee), Glen Allen, VAOctober 17, 2012
Pros: free lunches, fun money, group activities, wii room, ping pong table, fun people, great benefits
Cons: never feel secure in my outbound job, occurences are given even in serious situations
A typical day at work is very relaxed. The dress code is relaxed, all of my coworkers are fun people to be around, and most of our managers are so down to earth that we forget they're our bosses sometimes. We even get fun money each month where its $10 a person and we can spend it on an activity within our department. We also get an hour lunch break. – more... Also there are two 15 minute breaks that are paid. – less
Nerf gun wars and fun work place to be at
Customer Service Representative (Call Center) (Former Employee), Glen allen, VAAugust 21, 2012
My co workers were my best friends there and they helped me get by on a daily basis, without them work would be dull and boring. We would have hidden nerf gun battles and also go out to lunch to chat. There was nothing hard about this job just a call center with good people in it.

About Elephant Auto Insurance

Elephant Auto Insurance, one of the fastest growing auto insurance companies in the US, has been aggressively taking advantage – Read more