Elephant Auto Insurance Employee Reviews

Workplace culture
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Henrico County, VADecember 23, 2017
If you are over 35 don't apply. They want a youthful atmosphere.
They don't value an older employee. It was like being in College all the time too much playing . They would throw dots and go out and play kick ball. They wanted to create a Google atmosphere. If you wanted to work and be around adults !! Forget It!!
They do age discriminate.
Auto Insurance company with a start up feel
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VADecember 21, 2017
open layout in a high paced environment. quotes are easy to turn into policies. commission structure is very attainable. there is a lot of opportunities within the company
fun place to work
Customer Service/Claims (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 4, 2017
fun atomesphere, casual dress, comfortable desks, you can decorate any way you want, lots of perks, you can have toys at your desk, nerf darts, lots of activities to keep you from getting bored
Pros
fun
Cons
poor management lack of communication
Great Place to Work, consistently
Sr Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 15, 2017
Are you tired of the stuffy insurance company jobs with the impersonal cubical walls? I’ve had enough of those jobs. This place truly brings collaboration and creativity to insurance. I’ve had so many opportunities to work on big things and development my career that I would never have anywhere else. I look around and see so many younger people in great positions doing great things. Want to wait 20 years for that job to open at Nationwide? No thanks. Rewarding, fun, and challenging. Is it easy? No. But winning is not easy.
Pros
Free fruit, books and lots of fun activities
Elephant is a GREAT company
Staff Appraiser (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VANovember 7, 2017
Wish I did not have to move, otherwise I would still be with the company. Loved the culture and the job!! Management was always on top of the everyday tasks which helps further their employees day!
Fun fast paced work environment
Insurance Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAOctober 14, 2017
Great company. You have the opportunity to see what impacts other departments have and transfer as long as need as experience are available. The atmosphere is awesome and the the CEO is great. It's an open workspace and you can literally voice a complaint to anyone in the chain of command. Great team environment. Good compensation.
Experience
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  RichmondAugust 11, 2017
Working for elephant was ok, the best part is they paid for my insurance license. I did the work but they did invest in me. I appreciate this company, it gave me an extra income on the side.
Overall a decent place to work
Licensed Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 19, 2017
On a whole, a decent place to work. Taking everything into account, Elephant does it's best to work with employees and attempts to help employees achieve career advancement.
Pros
PTO very competitive, opportunity to make decent money
Cons
Metric system offbase, overbearing statistics become difficult to manage
Great
Claims Associate (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAMay 22, 2017
Great company. The atmosphere is young and vibrant and the the CEO is great. No one has an office and you can literally voice a complaint to anyone in the chain of command.
Daily Life
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 22, 2017
A typical workday is coming in to new claims, working each file and reaching out to every customer possible and moving forward the claim. The purpose of the job is to help and make the claims process as smooth as possible for the customer.
Great overall
Level 1 Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 24, 2017
Typical day at work includes speaking with customers, answering questions and managing files. Management is open to ideas and the culture is unlike any other company I've work for. Hardest part of the day is being effecient with your work day, the most enjoyable is helping others.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
not enough time in the day to get everything done
Fun and growth focused
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAApril 7, 2017
I enjoyed my team environment the meeting and then the execution of goals and results. Good compensation. You have the opportunity to see what impacts other departments have and transfer as long as need as experience are available.
Fun Place to work great benefits
Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 13, 2017
the only issue i have is the compensation, but they are working to get that on track. they always have stuff going on to boost morale and it does allow for a lot of good team building
Fun work environment with focus on a great customer experience
Licensed Property and Casualty Agent (Former Employee) –  Henrico County, VAFebruary 10, 2017
Elephant is a great company to work for. The work environment and culture is relaxed and fun, giving the employees a chance to be at ease when speaking with customers about their insurance.
Pros
The fun and relaxed environment
Cons
The management (at my time of employment)
This is a fun place to work
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 3, 2017
This is a great place to work. It was my first job out of school and they gave me all the training I needed to succeed. I didn't have much formal experience in sales or insurance but they gave me all the tools I needed to become successful.
good fun
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 8, 2016
Its good fun just another place to work to get a paycheck. They have a good thing going and good financial backing. you can throw darts at other people which is fun. and play ping pong
Pros
work life balance
Cons
pay
Productive family company
Licensed Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 10, 2016
Love the benefits and people. CEO knows you by name and does talk with you. Promate advancement within the company. Daily meetings on the companies process.
benefits
Cons
transportation
Be careful with customer service
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJune 25, 2016
The company as a whole is good but needs a lot of work. The departments work separately in making decisions that impact customers and do not relay the message, making the messengers (C.S. agent) job harder when dealing with the customers.

The job underpays compared to other call centers and other insurance companies. They are aware of this and still have done nothing to fix the issue.

Tenured and knowledgeable agents are overlooked for internal positions, while newer, less knowledgeable agents are promoted.
(be careful of "stretch positions", you basically do the work and never get the pay)

there are also no standard operating procedures which makes accountability difficult for both leadership and agents,
Pros
team building activities
Cons
unrealistic expectation with stats
video game room, no time to ever play.
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 30, 2016
Dynamic work environment, you'll meet a ton of diverse people. However, can see favoritism amongst coworkers and management. Not the greatest pay and benefits. This is a call center. Remember that. IT DOES have positives, like theme days, and they try to make it fun. take advantage of the ability to move up.
Pros
video game room, diverse people
Cons
overworked and underpaid
Very Misleading!
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 25, 2016
The trainers I had were terrible! They tried to condense 4 weeks of training into 1 week. By listening to them, you could tell that they were once customer service reps and that they were promoted to trainer prematurely. It was clear that they had no formal training in adult education, because they were unable to communicate effectively with the class. During the interview, they said that we would eventually be required to take an exam to obtain an insurance license. That eventually turned out to be my second week. The problem with that is that you have to score a minimum to keep your job, that was not disclosed in the interview. They also didn't tell me that I would have the amount for the test deducted out of my pay. They are basically using people when it comes to the license. The state of Virginia does not require a license to perform customer service duties, therefore Elephant is trying to make CSR's do some of the underwriting departments work. Very Shady!
Pros
Casual Dress
Cons
Pay is way below average

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Elephant Auto Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9