Elevations Credit Union Employee Reviews in United States

Finsancisl service Representive II (Current Employee) –  Boulder CoJanuary 25, 2015
A typical day at Elevations Credit Union, I worked at the corporate offices in the Contact center so I was on the phones working with our membership and servicing all their banking needs from transfers to complex issues with remote delivery, lending applications opening accounts, being educated in all departments from cards, to operations, accounting, payment services, loss mitigation, Training new hires I did enjoy all my co- workers we worked well together and always were a huge support to each other. The most enjoyable part of my job was the relationships I've built with our membership and my co workers. Making a difference in the community.
Pros
training, benefits, bonuses, envolved with the community.
Cons
very hard to advance.
Progressive and strong organization continuously striving for excellence
Lead Executive Assistant/ Assistant to CFO (Former Employee) –  Boulder CONovember 16, 2014
I spent nearly 24 years at Elevations and watch it transform from a relatively small neighborhood credit union to a leading Colorado financial institution. During that time, Elevations prioritized it's members' (customers') needs while still retaining a feeling of family with its employees. Management continuously seeks out opportunities for improvement, both in what it can offer the members, as well as in its processes. I held several positions while there and enjoyed all of them, each one providing me insight and perspective into the next.
Pros
amazing benefits, strong management, visionary
Fun place to work
Teller II (Current Employee) –  Longmont, COJune 18, 2014
I enjoy working at Elevations. Even though a teller job is repetitive because of the work, the people and conversations that you have with people is priceless. You build good relationships with individuals and can help them by giving them options as to what the credit union offers by its services.
Elevations is a fun place to work for, and was very flexible with scheduling.
Pros
always new trainings so all employees are on the same page.
Productive flexable job with great manager
Mortgage Post Closing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 10, 2014
I was unfortunately laid off due to declining mortgage industry.
However I did receive an excellent recommendation from my wonderful operations manager Dan LeDoux.

I was the post closing specialist for Elevations. Audited already closed files and all recorded documents. Received on going knowledge of mortgage types and required files.

I had a difficult time sitting in such a quiet environment in a cubical.

I really enjoyed my coworkers and the relationships that were built there
Pros
four weeks paid vacation
Cons
unfortunate lay off due to mortgage indusrty decline
Good place to work, great co-workers
Financial Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJune 26, 2012
A typical day consisted of helping members, over 500 in a quarter, cross selling loan and banking products, processing and closing consumer loans.
I found opening trust accounts was a little difficult
New managers came 6/11
Greatest co-workers ever
I most enjoyed exploring loan options and processing them. This made my members happy and kept them coming back to me.
Pros
co-workers were great team, good benefits, lovely customers.
Cons
can
Profrssional Banking Environmeny
Member Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 19, 2013
This was a fun and engaging job. Training was constant. This was a banking environment. managers were there when needed. Co-workers were fun and even kept a few as friends when I left the company. They created a sense of belonging.
Pros
available job training, culture, security
Cons
it felt at times they wanted to be party of your personal life as of there was no seperation, that may have just been a few managers
Opportunity to Excel
Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  ColoradoSeptember 16, 2012
I have never worked so hard, had so many leads, and been compensated for my efforts like at Elevations. I have been given the tools necessary to do well, and am limited only by my own time constraints. This is a challenging job and very rewarding.
Pros
compensation, number of leads, recognition
Cons
work-life balance - this job can consume a person.
Changing from a CU to a Bank
Teller (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 11, 2014
I no longer feel they (and many other credit unions) hold the values of what credit unions are suppose to be about.
Great potential, management missteps
Asst Vice President - Lending (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COAugust 20, 2013
Overall this was a great organization, but ultimately my experience there was destroyed by the politics and power battles of a couple of chief-level leaders.

The credit union tries hard to live up to the core values and strategic direction they lay out. Since my time there, I do believe they have gotten better. A short time ago however, their ability to hold to those values was hindered by a CEO who was somewhat checked out, and a pair of chief-level officers who were passive-aggressively battling for more power and an edge of the CEO spot when it was vacated. Since then however, the CEO passed away and several of the chiefs were replaced. I do believe the organization is headed in the right direction now, and may be on track to live up to it's potential.

The organization is full of wonderful people who believe in the credit union mission and values, and give their all to making the organization successful and providing an unparalleled member experience. While my initial experience was not as wonderful as it could have been, I would certainly give them another try if the right opportunity presented itself.
Pros
wonderful people, positive core values, community involvement
Cons
poor management and leader accountability

Want to know more about Elevations Credit Union?

Ask a question