Eli Lilly Employee Reviews in United States

Best Job Ever!!!
Patrol Guard/Podium Guard (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 8, 2016
Awesome Job!! I truly love everything about my time there at Eli Lilly. The contractor I worked for was a joke for not allowing me to come back after I got hurt on the job which the incident wasn't my fault(Securitas)...but to work at Eli Lilly's I would give up my employment at my current job. They treat there clients and contractors with respect and love!
Pros
Everything!!
Cons
Nothing to complain
Lilly would have a day so we could all work as a team. We would spend the whole day planting bushes, perennials, and trees.
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 3, 2016
I was willing to learn and help out where it was needed. I worked as a team player. I put in a few suggestions that were used to help make the production line run easier. I put a B-safe in at least once a month sometimes 2 in a month. I loved the job I was doing and wanted to learn more.
Pros
Great benefits, 401K plans, Pensions and Insurance
Cons
Bad communication throughout the company, Rules changed on a daily basis.
my review
Cook (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 26, 2016
A typical day involves learning. It also teach people how to wait patiently. i learned how to clam irate customer down by understanding their needs and wants. Management was there when we needed them. Most co-workers are busy at their jobs so the day went by really smooth. the hardest part of my job was i focused on one task at a time. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing people happy and satisfied.
Contractors
Academic Contractor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 20, 2016
If you are a contractor, you are treated differently, to some extent but it really depends on your team. Mine wasn't really bad, I didn't get some of the employees perks.
Good work/life balance.
Good to learn
Informatica Consultant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 17, 2016
Lilly is a good workplace where you learn many things. Good to be a part of Lilly for all these years, I met many people with very good knowledge.
The old Lilly is losing its luster
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 15, 2016
Benefits are declining, layoff and outsourcing is becoming more frequent, and several large divisions have been sold off. Job security has become a thing of the past.
Pros
Still trying to hang on to the Lilly respect and reputation
Cons
Not doing very well at trying to hang on to the respect and reputation
Great place to work, but slow to adapt to new trends and technologies
Enterprise Data Architect (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 2, 2016
I've really enjoyed my time with Lilly, but I feel my expertise could bring more value to a more technologically innovative organization.
Pros
The People, organization's values, location.
Cons
Slow to evolve
Eli Lilly Review
PACKAGING OPERATIONS MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 25, 2016
Eli Lilly was a great and diverse place to be employed. Great pay and benefits.Communication was clear and concise.Good work/life balance
Pros
Compensation, benefits, great management
Excellent Benefits
Purification Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Carolina, PRApril 23, 2016
Learned and develop a wide range of skills. Safety is always first. Safety and Quality work together to assure compliance.
Consultant Quality Assurance Representative (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 18, 2016
Eli Lilly is a great place to work, especially for working parents. The work life balance is exceptional. Integrated work environments
On-Site health and fitness centers Physical Therapists on site
Great place to work. The people were the strength of the company.
Team Leader - Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 18, 2016
Good benefits...diverse culture. Great place. Many challenges and advancement was merit based. The leadership were fair and honest and communicated well to all employees.
Diverse Place to work
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 15, 2016
Diverse Place to work, there are all types of employees here that have a wide variety of skills. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with different people. The downside is there is not much room for career development if you are on the B-Path which is support fields. It is rare that a person crosses over to the professional path.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
not much room for advancement on the support path
Great Experience
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXApril 4, 2016
I had a great experience working for Lilly.
Good environment, advancement, high rankings and good managers.
Top sales in every sales force I was a part of.
I was sad when Lilly downsized.
My job was given to a representative with 25 years of experience.
Pros
advancement
Cons
downsized
Started off as a great place to work - not so much anymore
Senior Engineering Specialist (Process Engineer) (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IndianaMarch 30, 2016
Still better than many places. Excellent comradery. Enjoyable to work in an industry that helps people live better lives.
Pros
Benefits package and good pay with many employee activities
Cons
Continuing reduction of benefits. More and more outsourcing.
great benefits hard to move up
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 26, 2016
great atmosphere and people to work with chances to learn many new things in order to expand your knowledge and work experience
Pros
relaxed atmosphere, great benefits and coworkers
Cons
long hours, difficult to move up into management levels
Corporate Culture
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 11, 2016
The corporation is not nimble and is losing it's edge for innovation. Lack of diversity of thought makes it a non-optimal work environment.
Pros
paid parking
Cons
toxic work environment
Love working at eli lilly lilly
Sr. Executive Assistant - US Affiliate Sales (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 2, 2016
The only reason I retired from Lilly was to relocate to Texas after marrying the love of my life. I highly recommend Lilly. Great benefits, great work/family life balance. Life-long friends made.
Great benefits; big risk to your mental health
Associate Consultant (Current Employee) –  IndianapolisMarch 2, 2016
Employees and executive leadership are sincere in their desire to make lives better through medical research and advancement.

Hard-driven company that gives lip service to innovation and helping employees play to their strengths while actual practices discourage and sometimes even penalize creativity.
Pros
Great health insurance. Stellar benefits (gym memberships, health coaching, paid time off, retirement accounts). Interest clubs. Beautiful campus. Employee resource groups (PRIDE, cultural clubs).
Cons
Hierarchical, office politics, strong passive-aggressive culture
Enjoyed my Managers and Coworker's and the team work.
Associate Biologist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 1, 2016
Working in Discovery Histology you had to learn to be flexible as far as your day to day work. Sometimes schedules would change and assignments.
My managers/supervisors were excellent and taught me a lot about computers, writing skills and my PM's.
As I stated I enjoyed my coworkers and the comradeship we shared to accomplish to complete our jobs.
Hardest part of the job was learning new computer technology and equipment but was all worth while after it became the ordinary.
The most enjoyable part was the ability and opportunity to be creative and make my own choices on the studies that were possible to achieve this. To explore new avenues and try different method developments also.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Long drive everyday for 17 years.
Great place to start with
Consultant Medical Liaison-Diabetes/Cardiovascular (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 27, 2016
It is a great learning experience with Lilly. Great salary, benefits and perk. Company is expanding big time in terms of ML career but for now they are in process of structuring the geographic location.
Pros
Great Place to learn

4.2