Eli Lilly Employee Reviews

Great work, but stressful for family
Operator 1 (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 23, 2017
Great safety culture, unfortunately they did not have a very good path to help retain good employees. They rely too much on fixed duration employees and not enough on making investments in their people.
good resume builder but not a career place
QC Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 22, 2017
Good entry level Pay but no advancement opportunities. Very political. Jobs are given as favors not based on qualifications. Great benefit package once you're permanent. Management team is very inexperienced which makes daily task very difficult.
Constant but relaxed workflow
Manufacturing Operator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 18, 2017
Great company to work for and extremely great benefits if you are hired full time. Extensive training, clean break rooms, happy work environment, overall a great place to work.
Excellent company
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 18, 2017
Lilly takes very good care of their employees - loved working here but sadly part of a lay off. Would work for them again. Training, management all great!
Great Place to Work
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 16, 2017
The new management needs to work together with all business units.
They need some help in planning for the future. they hire good people and treat them well. I always love the family life/work balance
that Lilly believed in as a company.
Pros
Great Balance with work and family
Cons
management needs to all work together through out all the business units- not on the same page
Great history of large pharma company
Executive Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 16, 2017
Coming through years of changes. Greatness on horizon again. Focus on diabetes and oncology is strong. Recent challenges with research and development.
Very good professional atmosphere
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hato Rey, PRMay 12, 2017
Very good company. Excellent benefits and peers.
Very good CEO, excellent teamwork, excellent atmosphere.
The management was excellent. I learned about finance, the workplace culture and about the meaning of the word integrity and quality control. The hardest part of the job was the time when I have to leave because of an illness of a family member.
Pros
Free lunches, excellent incentives
Cons
Good job but no solid securityof future
Equptment maintenance operater (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 11, 2017
Great place to work but no real job security. Lots of advancement oppertunitys.tons of fun cool coworkers. Plenty of time offnot much overtime.payed 2xs a month.
Do Not work in Animal Care
Technician I-FDE (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 10, 2017
I cannot and will not speak for Lilly as a whole, but the Animal care department could use some new management, from the Associate Veterinarian on down. The work environment was extremely negative. A lot of micromanagement and pitting associates against each other created an environment of unnecessary paranoia and stress.
Excelente empresa
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Mexico, MOMay 7, 2017
La mejor empresa en la que he trabajo por mucho. Es un ambiente de trabajo muy bueno y son muy humanos con empleados.
Awesome place to work
Scientist (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, INMay 5, 2017
Working at Eli Lilly was the high point of my career. It was the best job I ever had. Good people, good benefits, everyone cares about the products. There was a good work/life balance. Quality was key.
Pros
Benefits, People, Culture
Cons
In recent years, more lay offs which wasn't part of early culture for this company.
A Great Experience
High School Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 29, 2017
I worked at Eli Lilly's through a high school program. It was probably the best work experience I could have ever had as a first job. An average day would include me restocking the printers, sorting mail, answering emails, and scheduling appointments. I also took on tasks from others throughout the building, so I do have experience with listening to requests and fulfilling them. I learned a lot of clerical information and about the business environment. I sat right next to my supervisor, which I was apprehensive about at first, but it worked out well in the end. She was never too hovering, but she was always there when I needed her. The workplace was full of diverse and nice people. There was always a smile on everyone's face. The hardest part of the job was taking on more than one large task at a time, but with time management and planning I was able to figure it out. The most enjoyable part of the job was the overall experience itself.
Pros
Nice people, awesome supervisor, wonderful environment, beautiful scenery, calm and relaxing
Cons
very stressful at times
Good compay to work for
Associate Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 28, 2017
Good reviews, good work life balance, peer to peer review. Strong culture to embrace change. Supportive management and leadership to support growth and development.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
More variety needed in IT careers
Competitive laboratory environment with little mentorship
Research Chemist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 26, 2017
Very modern laboratory environment. Management quality was variable but mostly critical. Advancement is difficult. Lilly seeks to outsource as many lab jobs as possible. Management is more concerned about outsourcing than managing their existing talent pool.
Not benefit
Villa Attendant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 21, 2017
Always busy never enough employees management did not care of the employees did not pay enough for the job not benefit what so ever , never give a promotion or a bonus.
Pros
nothing
Cons
no breaks
It was a wonderful Career with lots of opportunities
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  IndianaApril 21, 2017
I loved working there and did so for 12 years. I took early retirement when it was offered and probably made a mistake but will always look back on my time at Eli Lilly and Company as an opportunity to hone my skills and learn new ones.

I was very lucky to have worked there with my wonderful bosses.
Don't ever say anything negative, or give your opinion - it will come back to bite you
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Upper MidwestApril 18, 2017
Did not pay as well as you would expect a big pharma company to. Culture was one of calls per day, and just doing what you're told, nodding your head, and smiling. Not a great experience there.
Loved working for this company.
Neuroscience Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSApril 17, 2017
Promoted great products with Lilly. This company had a very family feel to it. Everyone looked out for one another. They rewarded their reps for good performance.
Fair even to layoffs
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 17, 2017
Lilly is a great company. They even provide a long lead time on layoffs, allowing those effected time to look for the next step in their careers. I would not leave accept for the recent layoffs,company-wide.
nothing
IBM BPM Developer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 17, 2017
good for people who are using for jobs, helps a lot to all nothing is bad from this portal and a lot of advantages when compared to other portals in all websites.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eli Lilly. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2