Eli Lilly Employee Reviews

Productive culture
Dot Net Developer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 13, 2017
There are a lot of great things about working at Eli Lilly. The pay and benefits are great, and there's a lot of room for advancement within the company. However, I'm glad I only worked there through a summer program. Some of the employees are disgruntled, which in turn makes them step all over you. Because there are so many branches and employees, it was difficult to feel like you're more than just a number to them.
Pros
Pay/Benefits
Fast paced, support of regulatory team, regulatory submissions
Administrative Assistant/Submission Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 13, 2017
my job consisted of support functions for the regulatory team, staff meetings, travel, expense reports, procurement of laptops, cellphones. preparing FDA promotional submissions from branding teams.
Pros
benefits & pay
Cons
A lot of documentation & regulation
Great Opportunity, Environment not for me
Summer Replacement Student (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 12, 2017
Pros
Pay/Benefits
Cons
Corporate, rude employees
Good place to work in Process oreinted atmosphere
Sr. NetWeaver Consultant/Architect/Onsite Lead (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 12, 2017
A typical day at work is to support the day to day activities of Fiori/UI5/Portal work. Management is good and workplace culture is good.Enjoybale part of job was to able to work on new things without any pressure.
Lilly
Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 12, 2017
This was my first CRA job and I had a wonderful time learning the role of a CRA. I was able to learn about different therapeutic areas. I was also engaged in covering for my manager doing here vacation.
Great work environment
Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 11, 2017
Great work environment. Work life balance was good. Learning experience was also amazing. They always appreciated the good work. Everything was process oriented.
Great Environment and people
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 8, 2017
Very respectful employees. All around good people and professional. The work is steady and even with changes they make it easy to learn. I would recommend this company. The only downside is ...they sometimes have reallocation and employees in certain departments have so much time to find another job within the company. But it is part of the business if you've ever worked Pharma/Research.
Pros
Professional Employees, Vacation, Holidays, Benefits, Pension
Cons
Reallocation on-going
Eli Lilly
Sr. Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 3, 2017
The job wasn't very challenging because my immediate supervisor was more concerned with advancing her career and providing her direct reports her full attention. I was an after thought because in her opinion my job wasn't important enough to be bothered. There was no coaching for advancement - once you were in a administrative role, you were NOT considered for other roles.
Pros
Work balance
Cons
No advancement within the company
contracted
Environmental Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 21, 2017
i was contracted through waste management. The pay for what I was doing was not so great. I was around hazardous chemicals everyday which wasn't healthy.
Professional company
Academic Contractor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 20, 2017
Eli Lilly is a professional company looking for the best and brightest to advance medicine. Working there was very rewarding and I always had the opportunity to advance my skills.
Pros
Team Building Events, Beautiful Campus, Great Benefits.
Cons
Hr, Difficult hiring process.
I worked for Lilly for 23 years. I left when I accepted a reallocation package.
Lead Optimization Biology (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 18, 2017
Eli Lilly was an excellent employer. I gained a vast amount of experience in the science/technology field. I had an opportunity to be on multiple teams that drove projects forward.
Pros
Benefits, reflexible, compensation
Cons
availability of senior technician position available
I loved working here.
Sr. Associate -Instructional Design (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 15, 2017
I was very happy with my job at Lilly. I especially liked working with my team mate in instructional design, as well as my supervisor and director. The working environment was very pleasant, the use of hoteling made it great for meeting in different areas.
Excellent company
Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 14, 2017
Excellent company.

Technical Writing is different in that there is more flexibility so that is fabulous.

My scope is limited so I can only say that management is polite, but the culture is rather vague and things move at a glacial pace.
Pros
Flexibility.
Cons
Issues are not quickly resolved.
Needs to be a catalyst for change
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 13, 2017
Company is reluctant to change or processes, procedures and SOPS to become mainstream. Not geared towards new college hires or millennials. Tenure employees seek to weave out employees they do not relate with or are challenged against.
Very strict rules environment
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 11, 2017
No room for creativity. You must follow every rule to the T or risk losing your job. There is no flexibility for admin positions.
The health benefits are amazing and so are many of the company perks. We refer to this place as "golden handcuffs" you are definitely handcuffed to the job but those cuffs are made of gold.
They do not pay yours well as you should be paid. They promise you merit increases but once in the role you will see that those rarely happen because that money is delegated to professional roles and your admin role is not budgeted for an increase. They will blame this on you being too high in the bandwidth but it's not true.
Pros
amazing benefits
Cons
poor work/life balance
They hire good people
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  OregonJune 8, 2017
Large territory in rural area. Excellent Manager, supportive team. Enjoyed working with customers. Had great access products. Good insurance coverage for products. Good workplace culture, but this can be affected by your manager & team. I was very fortunate in that respect. Uncertainty with poor pipeline timing. Good benefits.
Pros
Autonomy + responsibility.
Cons
poor timing of pipeline. Getting laid off twice.
Excellent Workplace!
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 7, 2017
Lilly was a fantastic place to work. I gained a great deal of valuable experience in a multicultural environment and was supported every step of the way in my career.
Solid company
Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 2, 2017
I would recommend this company to anyone seeking a solid foundation. Relaxed atmosphere, great employees and a solid foundation to build.
High regards to this company.
Pros
Great organization
Excellent Training
Hospital Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 1, 2017
Excellent training and opportunities for promotion. I worked at Lilly for 10 years. During my tenure, I learned a lot about how to sell in different healthcare segments, territory and business management.
Pros
Opportunities to promote
Cons
beaurocartc
Productive culture
Development Scientist II, Bioanalytical Sciences (Former Employee) –  Branchburg, NJJune 1, 2017
Good place for analytical scientists. strong method development group. excellent benefits. career advancement is not easy and one can get stagnated. large size groups and redundancy, because of which one can get cornered into highly specialized niches
Pros
good benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eli Lilly. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2